Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,256 members, 7,829,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44224 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by demmie1: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this twenty first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos

The Binis own lagos

Please if you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

How does this rubbish stop them from passing the law

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by sharpsecret: 1:24pm On Jun 07, 2023
Creamypie:
even we southerners know how crafty them igbos are. They think other tribes are supposed to be fools. Here in asaba, they have bought most lands one area they call bonsaac. Now they are fast relocating from east. One useless woman was on call, saying asaba was as good as no man's land as igbos have bought so many lands That's how they start. The surprising thing is that they are relocating south cos of high level of insecurity in d east, especially cos of ipob they clapped for at d beginning. Now some Igbo's are capitalizing that since Igbo-speaking tribes live in delta, then its Igbo's state. Some are trying to promote anioma agenda,,,, of creating out a state comprising the Igbo speaking tribes, with the intention of claiming Igbo state across the Niger, meaning east/Igbo is no longer land locked, creating avenue for their criminal brothers to extend their skullduggery from east to south, forgetting that the Igbo-speaking tribes like Ika people are from benin. Asaba/ OKpanam are from Igala, kogi
abeg Igbos force una to sell una land with guns....you sold your land cos you are hungry and after you finish spending the money on food you start complaining....na una go still use una hand sell Lagos state to Igbos....we buy una complain,we no buy una go still complain....make Yoruba hustle that's the only way to stop selling your lands....cos we Igbos are even ready to buy your wives if she is beautiful enough and can cook without too much oil and pepper

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by MightySparrow: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people

The Binis own lagos

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

Go bring Oba of Benin come Lagos.

It is not only the staff of office of Akiolu that was taken away.
Any silly comment, or disrespect to Ọọni again, we will uproot him.
Next is Emir of Ilorin.

Yoruba nation dey hungry me.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 07, 2023
nnamdi640:
Law wey no go carry water. You can't sell your land to someone else and still want to claim ownership. Hope the court will do the needful when you try any rubbish. What am seeing is people that want to shoot their own selves, this will make other states to target with your own people.

Those in other states are free to return if they get targeted. Not sure what they are doing in other states and other regions to begin with when everything you need is in your state.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by TUTU147: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Igbo
Creamypie:
even we southerners know how crafty them igbos are. They think other tribes are supposed to be fools. Here in asaba, they have bought most lands one area they call bonsaac. Now they are fast relocating from east. One useless woman was on call, saying asaba was as good as no man's land as igbos have bought so many lands That's how they start. The surprising thing is that they are relocating south cos of high level of insecurity in d east, especially cos of ipob they clapped for at d beginning. Now some Igbo's are capitalizing that since Igbo-speaking tribes live in delta, then its Igbo's state. Some are trying to promote anioma agenda,,,, of creating out a state comprising the Igbo speaking tribes, with the intention of claiming Igbo state across the Niger, meaning east/Igbo is no longer land locked, creating avenue for their criminal brothers to extend their skullduggery from east to south, forgetting that the Igbo-speaking tribes like Ika people are from benin. Asaba/ OKpanam are from Igala, kogi
igbo matter go soon kill you, Igbos are one of the major tribes in delta state.You can't divide them like your forefathers did.The divide and rule system will not work anymore.Let all tribe go back to their state of origin, you will understand why Igbos are not depending on the government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by truthfinder319: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Excellent. Lagos State belongs to the people of IBILE Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos Island and Epe

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Dotherightthing: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people

The Binis own lagos

Binis don't own Lagos just like the UK don't own Nigeria. shocked

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by isycollins(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
Are you sure they will implement it, anyways let's see how it goes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nelz7: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people

The Binis own lagos

U probably changed ur phone[frm samsung to iphone or upgraded to a higher version of iphone (vice versa) ]or someone else is mimicking the great slawomir
Ur comments no deh flow again like before

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by budaatum: 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2023
RockHard:

I don't care where you're from or what happens to Bianca, that's you people's business. I'm Awori and Yoruba, and only Aworis, Ijebus, and other yoruba clans have the exclusive right to decide what happens in Lagos.
You know this is not true. If it were true you wouldn't now be trying to pass laws to try to make it true.

RockHard:
It's the same way other indigenes of other states/regions decide the level of influence they give to outsiders to decide their fate. We are saying enough of ibo excesses. You people can never and will never be accorded the same status that other yorubas enjoy in Lagos or anywhere in yorubaland. Constitution or no constitution. Of you're not happy about that you're free to relocate to ala Igbo.
What's sad is after you finish with Igbos, you will now turn on me from Osun State, telling me I will never be accorded the same status that Lagosians enjoy in Lagos.

Thankfully, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has already decided you can't.

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by AK481(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Who is an indigene .

Muruf from kwara state of danladi that was born and brought up here
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by truthfinder319: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Excellent. Lagos State belongs to the people of IBILE Ikeja, Badagry, Ikorodu, Lagos Island and Epe

EcoBrick:

https://dailytrust.com/no-mans-land-lagos-to-make-laws-to-protect-indigenes/

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by truthfinder319: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2023

AK481:
Who is an indigene .

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by demmie1: 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nickisindigo:
How can people who come from Ogun,Oyo,osun and ekiti pass a law about indigenes

I wonder o. But what can you do about it?

1 Like

budaatum:

You know this is not true. If it were true you wouldn't now be trying passing laws to try to make it true.

What's sad is after you finish with Igbos, you will now turn on me from Osun State, telling me I will never be accorded the same status that Lagosians enjoy in Lagos.

Thankfully, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has already decided you can't.

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
Yoruba is yoruba
SmartPolician:
This is a great move! If you are a genuine Lagos indigene reading this, I must commend you for allowing others do in your state what they will never allow in their own states.

I hope those who will formulate the so-called laws are people whose ancestorial homes are Lagos State though. A Lagos indigene has never been governor of the state since 1999 and they all kept quiet. Those indigenes tolerate a lot of NONSENSE from other Yorubas!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by truthfinder319: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2023

TUTU147:
Igbo igbo matter go soon kill you, Igbos are one of the major tribes in delta state.You can't divide them like your forefathers did.The divide and rule system will not work anymore.Let all tribe go back to their state of origin, you will understand why Igbos are not depending on the government.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by BreconHills(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

Thankfully, the court will recognise you contravening the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I dont really want to get into this.

I dont think anyone can stop anyone moving to any state, doing business there. There are however many things that can be done ensure that indigenous identity is made clear. For instance road naming, cross border chieftaincies - language in state schools etc. There are also a plethora of things to encourage and give an edge to indigenous businesses. The latter occurs all over the world.

Freedom of movement, trade, association and religion are fundamental rights that no one can withdraw in a federation.

If you really want to know what any state can do, check out the state legislative list as amended under the constitution.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by truthfinder319: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2023

AK481:
Who is an indigene .

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2023
Good one

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by TUTU147: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Yomit71:

Chevron cannot locate it's headquarters in South East because of vandalism, violence and intolerance of the citizens. So they prefer a peaceful and accommodating host which we all know Yoruba is first in Nigeria undecided kiss kiss
Then let them be ready to lose the ownership of the oil wells and gas deposit in the region.This law will definitely mush other states to start thinking.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
vee22:
Tinubu no go allow the law pass
na tinubu even back the law pass

Remember it affected him when he loss lagos, so if care is not taking non indegenes fit dethrone am with the way things are going

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Creamypie(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:

Oga but Asaba is igboland.What brand of weed are you smoking? IAsaba is not in the SE but it dpes not make it less an igboland just like yorubas in Kogi and kwara states.
asaba is Igala, kogi, just forget your expansionist agenda

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nedekid: 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2023
Creamypie:
Oga, if folks from asaba all sold their lands to onitsha people, why then do you still wish to lay claim to that land.
Years ago, poor jobless boys in asaba all of a sudden started driving nice cars, partying, doing faaji, the boom was as a result of land sales!
About 23 years ago, the ancestral land that was meant to be shared among all the males of the kindred, I filled that of me and my brothers when I heard. Since we were not resident in the state the land was shared, over 1000 plots. Omo, within a short period all were sold for premium to onitsha people. They even chopped those supposedly allocated to me and my brothers, as we never heard of or got any. Heavy faaji and flenjo all over asaba.
Sales of land is what boosted the olosho industry in asaba.
Now land has finished, it is now issue of igbos are claiming asaba. When asaba indigenes where chopping life from the proceeds nko?

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by BreconHills(m): 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

Thankfully, the court will recognise you contravening the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I dont really want to get into this. But a few points.

I dont think anyone can stop anyone moving to any state, doing business there. There are however many things that can be done ensure that indigenous identity is made clear. For instance road naming, cross border chieftaincies - language in state schools etc. There are also a plethora of things to encourage and give an edge to indigenous businesses. The latter occurs all over the world.

Freedom of movement, trade, association and religion are fundamental rights that no one can withdraw in a federation.

If you really want to know what any state can do, check out the state legislative list as amended under the constitution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by OblorOblor: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Blaze14k:
I think other states should emulate this kind of bill so that everyone will know there boundaries. In fact every non indigene should pay higher tax no matter where you are lets see if everyone can return to there states.
It would shock you that non-indigenes would pay without breaking a sweat.

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Cantonese: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
Igbo igbo matter go soon kill you, Igbos are one of the major tribes in delta state.You can't divide them like your forefathers did.The divide and rule system will not work anymore.Let all tribe go back to their state of origin, you will understand why Igbos are not depending on the government.

Don’t mind the rascal. Maybe na Asaba person wey forget say Asaba man na Igbo man.

Ask am say all the electronics, electricals, plumbing and building materials wey dey im house, whether no be Onitsha with transport fare of 500 naira im dey take go buy am.

Ask am why when all the lands dey sell for 50 - 70 k for Asaba around 1999, who send an make e no buy land. Abi dem never born am by then?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by budaatum: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
BreconHills:

I dont really want to get into this.

I dont think anyone can stop anyone moving to any state, doing business there. There are however many things that can be done ensure that indigenous identity is made clear. For instance road naming, cross border chieftaincies - language in state schools etc.

There are indeed however many things that can be done to ensure that indigenous identity is made clear.

We can always go back to marking our faces so we can distinguish ourselves from others, lol.

2 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Glister: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2023
Very myopic and scrupulous post! So u go to New york now and they will tell u because u are not an indigene u cannot own this or do that..yeye .i am an indigene of Lagos and i can bet you most of you are not! Most of the people spearheading such laws can not even pass second appeal at the court not to talk of 1st!! They themselves are not indigenes..Bola Tinubu is not an Indigene,Sanwo Olu is not, even Obasa might not be..the true Lagosians are peace makers and business oriented not all this miscreants in govt that chase people from voting!!
OkutaNla:
Very welcome development. Lagos permits too much nonsense that other states won't even tolerate. Yoruba people are saying enough is enough. Anyone that feels one kind about it is free to move to another state.

4 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by OldBeer: 1:32pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
Then let them be ready to lose the ownership of the oil wells and gas deposit in the region.This law will definitely mush other states to start thinking.
Scatter your land as you did before.
Na who go suffer am? Shior

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by MechanicMike: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am

nigggggga (((f))) (((u)))...... go & develop yor IBO punnkk azzz terrrorist infested states like ANAMBRA STATE...u terrrrorist wanna-be

...develop korrrr...develop niiiiii!!!! (no oofince)
angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by shezy14(m): 1:34pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am
If dem born ur papa well make you go try rubbish

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos / Falana Faults Jonathan’s May 28 Handover Date / Soldiers Arrest Boko Haram Kingpin While Trying To Flee Sambisa Forest(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.