Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:09 AM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44221 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Abraham18(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
No one is contravening any law. You know for every law there is a limitation. A Yoruba man can’t become a commissioner, lawmaker, governor or adviser in the East and North. But you lots want everything here knowing fully well others don’t enjoy equal right in your place.

Nigeria is one. However, let’s us identify our rights, privileges and limitations.

budaatum:

Thankfully, the court will recognise you contravening the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by JohnnA1: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
foleskay:
undecided
I concur. Jobs are supposed to be meant for indigenes first like its done in d UK. Then the language shud be made official in all d schs.

Moreover,land sales to non indegens should be restricted,instead be leased or rent.
God bless you.

Best news of the day so far...

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by quickly: 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am

Dem neva develop their village how Dey go develop another man’s land.

They are just hustling for their own daily bread

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by NzogbuNzogbu: 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
EZENDIZUOGU:
So OIL blocks in NIger Delta should be own by them alone. They better not start because it will rob off on everyone
oil block have been federal assests unfortunately and the indegenes that should enforce the indegenization of it are collecting pipeline contracts

But things like taxation, lands domiciled in Lagos etc are for Lagos government and indegenes to decide

I am not Yoruba, but this laxity has to stop in Lagos courtsey of igbos noise

If their government doesn't define territories it would keep resulting in clashes like we kept seeing

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ballack1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2023
Make una tell us watin indigenes mean oo.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by GeneralPula: 1:37pm On Jun 07, 2023
ShenTeh:
We just keep rubbishing our federalism.

Truth be told though, it is the southwest states that have rarely anything exclusive for its indigenes.

Growing up in the north those days, we paid school fees, etc as non-indigenes while our indigenous friends got all the favours.

May just be the way to go now.
You're very right..

And I do really love the liberalism but some unfortunate existence are harvesting the opportunity to show their unfortunate characters..

I knew Awori people would vex for that phrase!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 07, 2023
Nelz7:

U probably changed ur phone[frm samsung to iphone or upgraded to a higher version of iphone (vice versa) ]or someone else is mimicking the great slawomir
Ur comments no deh flow again like before

He is an Obidient now, that’s why. Once you switch to the dullard’s side you automatically become dumb and incoherent grin

7 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by MechanicMike: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am

...nigggggga,, y'all juss stick to selling yor IBO made spare part bull $hit n IBO things and we will have no issue......You bring problems to Lagos. Problems will come to u, REAL PROBLEMS!!!(no oofeincse) angry

angry

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by LOVEALAIGBO: 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
RockHard:

Na the same constitution una use prevent Bianca from representing her husband's Anambra constituency. Na him una use relegate Ebonyi people to second-class ibos. Dey play. Go and first open up SE to other ethnicities in Nigeria before yapping your mouth. I have never heard of a Benue, Efik/Ibibio or Yoruba person that attributes their success to living in SE.

Las las, if e tire you, you go relocate back to your side, where the constitution doesn't prevent you from sitting-at-home every Monday.

Dude, there was no law preventing Bianca Ojukwu from contesting the senatorial position in Anambra state! She just didn’t get the support based on useless traditions, greed, male chauvinism and primordial sentiments of some antiquated Anambra indigenes and power-brokers! Their actions were wrong, and i said as much at the time!

The Anambra and Lagos scenarios are completely different in the sense that the Anambra one is a antiquated tradition not codified in law, while the Lagos one is an attempt to try and legalise xenophobia, bigotry and hate! In any case, you don’t ‘justify’ committing a illegality because you think someone else did so!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by randymirrors(f): 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
SmartPolician:
This is a great move! If you are a genuine Lagos indigene reading this, I must commend you for allowing others do in your state what they will never allow in their own states.

I hope those who will formulate the so-called laws are people whose ancestorial homes are Lagos State though. A Lagos indigene has never been governor of the state since 1999 and they all kept quiet.Those indigenes tolerate a lot of NONSENSE from other Yorubas!

Oga, we don't mind. Yorubas are one everywhere, anytime. There can never be division amongst we Yorubas. So that NONSENSE you put up there has zero value.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by budaatum: 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abraham18:
No one is contravening any law. You know for every law there is a limitation. A Yoruba man can’t become a commissioner, lawmaker, governor or adviser in the East and North.

You haven't tried hard enough I guess. Still, not electing a Yoruba person in the North or East is not the same as a state passing laws that make non-indigenes ineligible to contest, which does contravene the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by princejohnard(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Bini owns Lagos?? I bet the Romans own London then....

Read the history of Lagos ( not Lagos as a State) monarchy power again...

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this twenty first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos

The Binis own lagos

Please if you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

13 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by fareed69(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
Taylor92:
Fvck Lagos

Lagos is a no man’s land

Na Igbos develop am

Okay.

3 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by budaatum: 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

Dude, there was no law preventing Bianca Ojukwu from contesting the senatorial position in Anambra state! She just didn’t get the support based on useless traditions, greed, male chauvinism and primordial sentiments of some antiquated Anambra indigenes and power-brokers! Their actions were wrong, and i said as much at the time!

The Anambra and Lagos scenarios are completely different in the sense that the Anambra one is a antiquated tradition not codified in law, while the Lagos one is an attempt to try and legalise xenophobia, bigotry and hate! In any case, you don’t ‘justify’ committing a illegality because you think someone else did so!

Thanks for stating it better and clearer than I had patience to.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by edoairways: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Good.. ..

Can we please bring back all Oil companies back to delta state..

UBA bank too biko oh and Northwest filling station plus providus bank

e Don due
Same Delta State that those militants drove away

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by randymirrors(f): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

You haven't tried hard enough I guess. Still, not electing a Yoruba person in the North or East is not the same as a state passing laws that make non-indigenes ineligible to contest, which does contravene the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

That's your business. The law will be enacted and implemented.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by BreconHills(m): 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

There are indeed however many things that can be done to ensure that indigenous identity is made clear.

We can always go back to marking our faces so we can distinguish ourselves from others, lol.

Protecting indigenous identity is a hall mark of federalism which is why the laws in say florida differ from the laws in california.

We need to respect our differences. I for one do not understand why kolanut does not understand English or why women cannot break it - but I need to respect the custom.

There is nothing called no man's land. Even the uninhabited parts of the south and north Pole have ownership.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by TUTU147: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
what kind of law is that?? Lol una For this country hate but can't tell yourselves the truth imagine
Law of do me I do you, you can't pass a law in lagos that deprived non indigene from buying land and owing landed property and you expect other states to keep calm.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Shikena(m): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
As a loyal friend, me I no send Lagos but see KANO, I join my friend Chukwudi in declaring Kano no man's land. Na Igbos develop the place long before civil war and we go show them say na no man's land contrary to what people are saying that na only Yoruba land Igbos sabi run their mouth because those ones are liberal. Na we dey dia cool .

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ttipsy(f): 1:43pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abraham18:
No one is contravening any law. You know for every law there is a limitation. A Yoruba man can’t become a commissioner, lawmaker, governor or adviser in the East and North. But you lots want everything here knowing fully well others don’t enjoy equal right in your place.

Nigeria is one. However, let’s us identify our rights, privileges and limitations.

why is it so?? Hence we say we are united by so called diversity and oil/gas
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by kosssy: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
OblorOblor:
It would shock you that non-indigenes would pay without breaking a sweat.
After paying the high tax, it will then reflect in the price of goods and services nonindigenes offer. That guy doesn't know that action and reaction is equal and opposite.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by ExudeLoveToAll: 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkutaNla:
Very welcome development. Lagos permits too much nonsense that other states won't even tolerate. Yoruba people are saying enough is enough. Anyone that feels one kind about it is free to move to another state.

Lagos

It should be indegenes of Lagos. Those who make noise the most about Lagos aren't even indegenes of Lagos State.

Lagos indegenes have really taken the back sit.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

You know this is not true. If it were true you wouldn't now be trying to pass laws to try to make it true.

What's sad is after you finish with Igbos, you will now turn on me from Osun State, telling me I will never be accorded the same status that Lagosians enjoy in Lagos.

Thankfully, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria has already decided you can't.

Rubbish.

You are not from Osun state. If you are, then you are the dumbest person from osun state if you really believe a yoruba man will target you in Lagos because you are from osun state.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by TUTU147: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
OldBeer:
Maybe if you can provide a peaceful environment for them, those oil companies will stay.
Don't blame them for running away from kidnappers and militants
Forget about that,if you want a peaceful environment with the host community, you know what to do.You can't be cheating the community and expect peace to reign.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by SmartPolician: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2023
randymirrors:

Oga, we don't mind. Yorubas are one everywhere, anytime. There can never be division amongst we Yorubas. So that NONSENSE you put up there has zero value.

I would have taken you seriously if I didn't follow the 2014 Confab. Perhaps you should go and find out what true Lagosians said about their own state at the Confab.
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
Shikena:
As a loyal friend, me I no send Lagos but see KANO, I join my friend Chukwudi in declaring Kano no man's land. Na Igbos develop the place long before civil war and we go show them say na no man's land contrary to what people are saying that na only Yoruba land Igbos sabi run their mouth because those ones are liberal. Na we dey dia cool .

Abuja nko grin

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by cromz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Funny people
In this twenty first century

Na im people dey come up with this kind ancient and primitive ideas

If we should even discuss the real owner of lagos

The Binis own lagos

Please if you don't know your history don't quote me

Meet any of your elderly ones and ask them or rather walk into any of your monarch Palace and seek for knowledge

LOL UNA SHA WAN THIEF THIS LAGOS SHA. BINI WEY BE SAY NA WE GET AM,ODUDUWA NA THEIR DADDY.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by shezy14(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2023
cktheluckyman:

Good.But beyond that if Nigeria is to go by that way even the Niger-delta oil money will be for Niger-delta states alone.They will aslo pass their own laws to control their oil resources.
Niger-delta or not, it's non of Igbo people's business. The Igbos are the most useless ethnic group in Nigeria, all they do is cause trouble everywhere, you don't have anything that's beneficial to the country yet, you cause problems

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ttipsy(f): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
BreconHills:

Protecting indigenous identity is a hall mark of federalism which is why the laws in say florida differ from the laws in california.

We need to respect our differences. I for one do not understand why kolanut does not understand English or why women cannot break it - but I need to respect the custom.

There is nothing called no man's land. Even the uninhabited parts of the south and north Pole have ownership.
California or Florida law doesn't limited both indigen and no indigens. The law is applicable for you long as you are a resident of that state..
That's why State of origin should be changed to place of residence in Nigeria
Look in Nigeria we are not ready to build a nation Yet! It's high time we stop deceiving ourselves and our Politicians after their selfish interest
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Lightorder: 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
OkutaNla:
Very welcome development. Lagos permits too much nonsense that other states won't even tolerate. Yoruba people are saying enough is enough. Anyone that feels one kind about it is free to move to another state.
Oga , go back and read and stop talking upside down.
Gbadebo Rhode is a Lagos indigene but was completely suppressed and stopped by people from Ondo , Oyo and the rest.
They should keep making trashy laws and think the rest of us are stupid

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by randymirrors(f): 1:48pm On Jun 07, 2023
I don't even know why this was announced. Just make the laws, implement it and give them shockers. There's power in SILENCE.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Boko Haram 'Takes Over' Michik In Adamawa - Sahara Reporters / 'Celebrating Ekiti Win With Incoming President' - Fayemi, Abiodun Meet Tinubu / "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.