Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes (44223 Views)

Every Nation Is Entitled To Have Laws To Protect Indigenous Peoples - Omokri / No Man's Land! : Lagos Here We Come! (pics) / Mamman Amadu Asks Lawmakers To Make Laws To Regulate Birth Rate In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by lagonovo: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
I see what you did there lol.

We all know you can only try your rubbish with Yorubas because they are fun loving and just want to party and enjoy life. They only react when you disrespect them with clear agenda, and many of them will still defend you. If you carry your no man's land rubbish go Kano, Maiduguri, Sokoto, Gboko, Minna, Ilorin etc, sorry is your case. Even in the south, don't try it with Akwa Ibom, Port Harcourt (we saw how Wike responded brutally), Warri, Benin, Auchi etc.

Shikena:
As a loyal friend, me I no send Lagos but see KANO, I join my friend Chukwudi in declaring Kano no man's land. Na Igbos develop the place long before civil war and we go show them say na no man's land contrary to what people are saying that na only Yoruba land Igbos sabi run their mouth because those ones are liberal. Na we dey dia cool .

12 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Angelfrost(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
I thought he was referring to bandits, Fulani herdsers as invaders

Such a stupid response coming from a supposedly educated Nigerian

Really stupid beyond measure!

An average Nigerian youth might actually be mentally retarded... I honestly can't deal anymore!

I really can't understand such stupidity on this forum!
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by sirdick17: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
Twistaray:

Where are the lands, can you list them, are they up to 5% of Lagos. Easy bro, BP isn't good for your health.
Looool? grin

Baba, if dem shoot themselves Nah your shoot they shot?

Abi na hIm body they shot?

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by vee22: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
na tinubu even back the law pass

Remember it affected him when he loss lagos, so if care is not taking non indigenes fit dethrone am with the way things are going
tinubu is not an indigene of lagos
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Legacyfc: 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
After others develop your so called land, you want to make law that will favour only your lazy citizens...ungrateful people

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Gentew(m): 2:02pm On Jun 07, 2023
SmartPolician:
This is a great move! If you are a genuine Lagos indigene reading this, I must commend you for allowing others do in your state what they will never allow in their own states.

I hope those who will formulate the so-called laws are people whose ancestorial homes are Lagos State though. A Lagos indigene has never been governor of the state since 1999 and they all kept quiet. Those indigenes tolerate a lot of NONSENSE from other Yorubas!

IPOB spotted!!!

13 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Hueyreckless0007: 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
Dotherightthing:
Nice one! cool

Pigs... must know their boundary in Lagos cool

For sure

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ttipsy(f): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2023
BreconHills:

California and Florida have laws unique to their identity as liberal and conservative states. If you don't like those laws you don't have to live there. If your children are in a state school where learning yoruba and yoruba culture are mandatory, you can choose to keep your child there or withdraw him/her. If you are the first to build a house on a road and you have no naming rights you must accept it.

Under the constitution all land vests in the state. However even those lands can and do revert to the original family. Certainly in Lagos. Check out
Suit No. LD/443/2002: Oba Fatai Aromire (Ojora of Lagos) and two others versus Chief Ogunyemi, Fredrick Orokoto and Mrs Oladunni Stella Olasehan.

Anyone owning land in Lagos does not own it in perpetuity. Anyone who wants to build generational wealth using lagos land as their core asset needs to go yo their village.

I think it was foolish enough using California and Florida in this comparison

Difference is clear between dumb and literate pple sorry
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Dododawa01: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
SmartPolician:
This is a great move! If you are a genuine Lagos indigene reading this, I must commend you for allowing others do in your state what they will never allow in their own states.

I hope those who will formulate the so-called laws are people whose ancestorial homes are Lagos State though. A Lagos indigene has never been governor of the state since 1999 and they all kept quiet. Those indigenes tolerate a lot of NONSENSE from other Yorubas!

So Ambode is an Hausa man or Igbo man, or u think Ambode is from Ogun, Osun, Ekiti, Oyo or Ondo

11 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by shezy14(m): 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
if I should answer you that means we are both ignorant

grin grin una dey useless to Nigeria, we both know it. That's why none of you will ever be president grin. ojukwu learnt this the hard way unfortunately

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by GeneralPula: 2:05pm On Jun 07, 2023
EZENDIZUOGU:
So OIL blocks in NIger Delta should be own by them alone. They better not start because it will rob off on everyone
They’re not stating anything new. This is what has been going on in other regions right from time. So, they not doing anything new. Just the things that should have been done since way back!

Yoruba have never called any body’s land a No man’s land! Anywhere we’re, we no dey pass our boundary! It’s waka jeje!

That being said... Emeka, why you quick mention oil blocks like say nah East get oils?

Before oil was discovered in Nigeria, their was something Nigeria was using to feed the federation! Have you ever asked yourself what was it? It was Cocoa / Agriculture money & some other things! It was the west / north that was feeding your fore-fathers then!

So Igbos should stop playing themselves by using oil to brag! Nigerians have been producing millionaires before oil was discovered in Nigeria. So, people who enjoyed life before oil would surely enjoy life workout oil..

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Great0ne1: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
thinkmoney:

Dunce. I no you are complaining about fuel, but have you given it a thought that fuel is from other people’s land?
My brother eh, some people are just something else in this country. Hopefully if Peter obi can recover his mandate, he MUST return this country to regional government. How can we practise unitary system with these kind of humans ?

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

Thankfully, the court will recognise you contravening the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

You can move wherever you want , but state would have their laws , especially when it's not contravening the national laws and if you find the laws not comfortable to you then you can find a better place, not that they will pursue you.
Madness and excesses should be managed.

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Angelfrost(m): 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
RockHard:

Poppycock. Look here. Even without legislation, non-ibos are made to understand their boundaries in iboland, that's why your region is deemed the most unaccommodating in the entire federation. #Fact. You can't enjoy privileges you deny others in your enclave. That nonsense must stop in Lagos. What legislation are your Ipob warriors using to cage non-ibos that live in iboland to force people to Sit-At-Home on Mondays? Go and Siddon for potopoto.

This is becoming childish and petulant from you sir!

There are housing laws in every state, even abroad!

In the U.S., no two states have the same laws in everything including land ownership or residency!

Instead of this silly and meaningless exchange of insults, why don't you people take your leaders to task about changing Land Ownership Laws to favor your indigenes more? That makes more sense!!!

Instead of them doing the needful, they still collect lots of money from these non-indigenes, and push you to fight meaningless battles while they enjoy their bribes in high places!
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 07, 2023
Lightorder:
Oga , go back and read and stop talking upside down.
Gbadebo Rhode is a Lagos indigene but was completely suppressed and stopped by people from Ondo , Oyo and the rest.
They should keep making trashy laws and think the rest of us are stupid

Stop being mischievous, you call someone that doesn’t know how to speak his language indigenous. That’s not even the worst of it. What made people turn their backs on him is the hatred he has for his own people, same people that he wants to rule!!!! That’s why we need true indigenes to be protected in Lagos.

7 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by GeneralPula: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
TUTU147:
That is what we are hoping for,let the indigenous people enjoy what God Almighty bless them with.Imagine chevron having it headquarters in lagos while all it oil wells are in the south east and south south.Our oil and gas will be for our people.
No problem..
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Ttipsy(f): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
shezy14:
grin grin una dey useless to Nigeria, we both know it. That's why none of you will ever be president grin. ojukwu learnt this the hard way unfortunately
lol Now I know where you are coming from.
Congrats your brother is in power I hope your life gets better..
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Abagworo(m): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
Thrash. Protection should be against the dominant Yorubas fom other Southwest not Southeast States and promotion of indigenous Lagos dialects. Lagos should be for the real natives in political offices not Osun or Ogun people.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by randymirrors(f): 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
Angelfrost:

Fulani herdsmen have slaughtered and destroyed more Yoruba lives in the last decade, but you never call them out... Ever!!!

But, a mere verbal attack from anywhere, you look for the nearest Igbo slur!

Something is fundamentally and psychologically wrong with you Nigerians!

Hypocrite. Ask yourself why men tend to love women who respect them. Esther won the heart of her husband because of her utmost respect towards him. So you see, I've helped you think. Figure the rest out yourself.

Regarding the killings, don't even go there. Murder is murder whether it was committed against people of your own tribe or not. Igbos are still killing themselves in the east as we speak. So please, let's leave the killing situation out of this matter cos we're all guilty.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by sirdick17: 2:08pm On Jun 07, 2023
budaatum:

How is this relevant? Does a TRADITIONAL RULERS bar anyone living wherever they want?

Nobody is asking u not to live anywhere u want but they re only saying some certain doors will not be open to non indigenes

6 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by lagonovo: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
GeneralPula:

Yoruba have never called any body’s land a No man’s land! Anywhere we’re, we no dey pass out boundary! It’s waka jeje!
Irrefutable fact!!!

Even an Oyo, Ondo, Ekiti, Osun, Ekiti man will never call Lagos no man's land and no Lagosian, Oyo, Ekiti will ever call Osogbo, Ife, Akure, Abeokuta, Ijebu no man's land for any reason even if he owns a quarter of the place! Respect begets respect.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abagworo:
Thrash. Protection should be against the dominant Yorubas fom other Southwest not Southeast States and promotion of indigenous Lagos dialects. Lagos should be for the real natives in political offices not Osun or Ogun people.

The real natives migrated from Osun idiot.

7 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by nymphomaniac(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2023
It will be a Pyrrhic victory for the 10th assembly if they enact this devious plan of theirs. The Courts are there to protect and where the Courts do not, karma is there. If the igbos leave Lagos, it will be a shadow of itself. #FingersCrossed
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Igwe9(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
Creamypie:
even we southerners know how crafty them igbos are. They think other tribes are supposed to be fools. Here in asaba, they have bought most lands one area they call bonsaac. Now they are fast relocating from east. One useless woman was on call, saying asaba was as good as no man's land as igbos have bought so many lands That's how they start. The surprising thing is that they are relocating south cos of high level of insecurity in d east, especially cos of ipob they clapped for at d beginning. Now some Igbo's are capitalizing that since Igbo-speaking tribes live in delta, then its Igbo's state. Some are trying to promote anioma agenda,,,, of creating out a state comprising the Igbo speaking tribes, with the intention of claiming Igbo state across the Niger, meaning east/Igbo is no longer land locked, creating avenue for their criminal brothers to extend their skullduggery from east to south, forgetting that the Igbo-speaking tribes like Ika people are from benin. Asaba/ OKpanam are from Igala, kogi
what is the difference between Asaba and Igbos?
You're bereft of knowledge.
You are obviously a Yoruba Muslim, that's their trade mark. Talking trash as always,
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by thinkmoney(m): 2:10pm On Jun 07, 2023
Great0ne1:

My brother eh, some people are just something else in this country. Hopefully if Peter obi can recover his mandate, he MUST return this country to regional government. How can we practise unitary system with these kind of humans ?
I tire. Very empty headed people
Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by BreconHills(m): 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
Ttipsy:
I think it was foolish enough using California and Florida in this comparison

Difference is clear between dumb and literate pple sorry

Hahaha the point is obvious. All states have their identity. Lagos has its identity and now it is going to enforce it under the legislative schedule for states under the constitution.

Anyone who is in lagos will feel lagos and its yoruba identity and culture. Not just its nightlife business and commerce.

I am not even lagosian but I assert the rights of any culture over their land, anywhere in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 2:11pm On Jun 07, 2023
SmartPolician:

Are they complaining to you?
You think yorubas are like ibos that segregate and have osu caste?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by tamudabu: 2:12pm On Jun 07, 2023
BreconHills:

Protecting indigenous identity is a hall mark of federalism which is why the laws in say florida differ from the laws in california.

We need to respect our differences. I for one do not understand why kolanut does not understand English or why women cannot break it - but I need to respect the custom.

There is nothing called no man's land. Even the uninhabited parts of the south and north Pole have ownership.

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Angelfrost(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2023
randymirrors:

Hypocrite. Ask yourself why men tend to love women who respect them. Esther won the heart of her husband because of her utmost respect towards him. So you see, I've helped you think. Figure the rest out yourself.

Regarding the killings, don't even go there. Murder is murder whether it was committed against people of your own tribe or not. Igbos are still killing themselves in the east as we speak. So please, let's leave the killing situation out of this matter cos we're all guilty.

Lol... The hypocrisy stinks all over you actually! grin

Only a hypocrite will be selective of enmity!

I take no sides in this matter, but the truth must be said!

The cold war between Yorubas and Igbos is nothing but an ego trip borne out of Politics! It is childish and stupid!

Never be afraid to call a spade what it is!... Except you are guilty of what I am condemning, then you need help!

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Librason: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
osothermal:
I hope it includes people from Osun, Oyo, Ondo ,Ekiti etc

If they choose their brothers from the same tribe what's the concern of outsiders or Intruders.

In a polygamous family, where children from the same mother are in a meeting ( not the general one) , then it's only an insensitive paternal half - sibling that will intrude.

8 Likes

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 2:14pm On Jun 07, 2023
Abagworo:
Okoro
Yorubas don't discriminate religion, talkless of states.

Na Okoro get osu caste, Anglican vs catholic, ebonyi ibo etc

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No-Man’s Land: Lagos To Make Laws To Protect Indigenes by Creamypie(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2023
Igwe9:

what is the difference between Asaba and Igbos?
You're bereft of knowledge.
You are obviously a Yoruba Muslim, that's their trade mark. Talking trash as always,
crook. Thats what u are. Asaba people are from kogi (Igala tribe) You are not knowledgeable of history.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (27) (Reply)

IPOB Attacks Hausa Community In Imo, Kills 7 Members / "Invest In Lagos At Your Own Peril" - Maryanne Moghalu / Ajimobi's Daughters Stun At Dad's Re-election Campaign- Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.