Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,461 members, 7,830,292 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Christmas With His Family, Without Him: - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Christmas With His Family, Without Him: (736 Views)

Advice Me Pls : I Don't Love Him, But I Love His Family. / He Has Changed After His Family Bought A Car / He Invited Me To Spend A Weekend With His Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by uju2: 1:41pm On Oct 02, 2011
I recently started seeing a guy who I have known all my life. Our dad's are close friends and things are going well. Everyone is in support of our relationship and so far I am really happy.

The problem is I am relocating to London for some time to do my masters very soon. Its not a big deal as he can come over any time he wants and he goes there frequently for work and on holiday.

This Christmas I will be unable to go back to Naija due to exams and uni pressures. I initially planned to visit my mum's sister who lives in the north of England.

So then my guy decides that I should spend christmas with his family who stay about an hour from the uni. I have never met his aunty or uncle but I met their daughter when she visited Nigeria a while back.

I know it means a lot to him for me to get to know them as he is very close to them and it is his Mum's twin sister's family. But I feel a bit awkward spending a few days with people I have never met and there are no trains or buses on Christmas day so I may have to stay over as they stay outside London.

It would be ok if I could convince him to come but he's got a lot on with work and can't take any time off till January.

Any positive advice and opinions appreciated smiley If you were me would you go? Should I go?
Re: Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by Dyt(f): 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2011
He simply doest want u b bored
nice idea
Re: Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by uju2: 4:05pm On Oct 02, 2011
Dyt:

He simply doest want u b bored
nice idea

yep definately a nice idea, would you go if you were me?
Re: Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by Dyt(f): 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
I m usually shy wen it comes 2 BFs family
i myt nt sha
dunno
depends on ow close i m 2 any of his cousins sha
Re: Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by ANTIsex(m): 8:34pm On Oct 02, 2011
^^^^ wink smiley wink wink wink lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by freecocoa(f): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2011
Ah me I go go o,I think its a nice idea it will give you time to know his family members,if its me I'd use that to my advantage.
Re: Christmas With His Family, Without Him: by iice(f): 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
Better if he's around. Even if they are friendly or whatever, it's hard if you feel awkward.

(1) (Reply)

Women, Women, Women! / Charity Don Get Belle / Is The Husband Right Or Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.