Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,447 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279250 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by georgesmedical: 3:34pm On Mar 04, 2015
IVF Treatment at George's Memorial Medical Centre, Lekki is very affordable! You can come in any day and make free enquiries about our IVF and Other Assisted Reproductive Techniques and Fertility Treatment options that best suit you and your spouse, or call our IVF Hotline 08078191655! I pray God grants all those TTC their heart desires this 2015!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 5:43pm On Mar 04, 2015
@Georges, how cheap is cheap? Cos I know I caled and was told 600k without medications. That doesn't sound "cheap" to me.

Anyway, Georges is a good Fertility clinic. I must applaud you for your good work. If I had the money I would use you guys. God dey.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2015
Halo fruitful modas in d hse. I finally did ma iui on Friday. Am on cyclogest. Curiosity dey say killz d cat. I rush go buy strip do test 2day. BFN!!! Does dat mean it didn't wrk?#Hartbrkn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jennygurl(f): 6:01pm On Mar 04, 2015
@safe thnx alot, God will meet you @ d point of your need... I have confident dat dis will me my 1st and successful iui treatment IJN... do I need 2 get all dis Ijaw pple dat r into fertility treatment to massage me, does it really help and what vitamine should I be on.... my IUI is in April....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jennygurl(f): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2015
@Monalisa1 it's still very early to show nd dnt worry yourself God will crown you with BFP and twins IJN... where did u do your IUI
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2015
@Jennygurl. Amen n I wish u d same. I did it in benin.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by beauty4ashes: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2015
@Safe,hahaha.i be ajekpaki o.thanks alot sis.
Me feels thats the level @Georges have reached,they can at least av a month where they can run promo as their price is on the high side.i know their success rate is good but they can atleast still do more.
Make God hear hin children cos ehn,d ivf route is very expensive here in Naija.
@Itissettled3,sis i dey hail o.double twale.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by matgeezy: 10:06pm On Mar 04, 2015
LadyGuinivere:

Thanks Mommie for that poem. It spoke to me. I thank God I can help you back a bit
Endo. Hmmm. That annoying endo. But it can be overcome.
1. Go on an endo diet. Stay away from gluten. Reduce diary,sugar, red meat and other inflammatory and estrogenic foods
2. Increase your anti inflammatory foods-Ginger, garlic,cabbage, fruits, green veggies. Find a way to add veggies to every meal and reduce the starch.
3. Discuss a long lupron treatment with your doc. 3-4 months before ovulation induction. This should quiet the ovaries and the cysts and you can use your own eggs. IVF docs are quick to suggest donor eggs, its good business for them.
4. Look into serrapetase and nattokinase enzymes. You can use this concurrently with the Lupron.It supposedly destroys endo, cysts and adhesions. I read the reviews and got mine. Started 2 days ago. Usually my uterus holds my flow and all I get is brown scanty flow but since I started my flow has been red and full so I guess something is haPpening.It won't hurt to try
5. Exercise. Pray. Wait. Hope
what do u think abt surgery to remove d cyst? My current gynae insists i shd do dat and then he will give me some drug that is supposed to like induce medical menopause. I read dat surgery may reduce my ovarian reserve. Let me do d natural for a bit. Thanx a gazillion times
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by matgeezy: 10:25pm On Mar 04, 2015
henmaris:
[color=#006600][/color] my dear we are in same pot of soup.was diagnosed of endometriosis stage 3 last year July.developed a cyst on the right ovary after stimulating for ivf in November,however I did not go via with the ivf. Right now I'm trying natural methods to relieve the endometriosis pain and reduce adhesion and maybe shrink the cyst while ttc naturally.For one month now I've been taking Apple cider vinegar every day,2teaspoons in warm water morning and evenings. Massaging my abdomen gently (husband helps with this) with castor oil every other day and placing warm water bottle/pad on it after massage to allow maximum penetration of the castor oil(stop this around ovulation because the heat may harm the eggs). I also take cord liver oil (fermented cord liver oil is preferable). I read that all these may lesson endometriosis adhesion and shrink any cyst/fibriod and unblock fallopian tubes. I think it helps bc I had no pain with af this month which is unusual.Going in for an MRI scan on Wednesday so I will find out any improvement at all.
Endometriosis hurts but everything will be ok by God's grace.Fertility blessings my dear
i have apple cider in my fridge o. Think im goin to go natural for now. Thanx mommies.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2015
matgeezy:
what do u think abt surgery to remove d cyst? My current gynae insists i shd do dat and then he will give me some drug that is supposed to like induce medical menopause. I read dat surgery may reduce my ovarian reserve. Let me do d natural for a bit. Thanx a gazillion times
Surgery for the cyst or aspiration? With time , cysts dissolve.
The medical menopause is the drug I mentioned. It helps as well. Reduces endo just before treatment
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 12:45pm On Mar 05, 2015
Monalisa1:
@Jennygurl. Amen n I wish u d same. I did it in benin.

Was urs in ubth..hope clinic or ponders end?
Was the sperm washed and separated?
My dw had a failed iui last month...thinking of trying another one in bridge clinic..
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 2:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
@shithapuns did it in st. Augustine hosp. In uwasota. Dey washed n separated d sperm
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2015
@monalisa1...thanks...the one my dw did..no washing/separation of s.perm...i call it poor man/diy iui..cost 30k - 3 inseminations..
Want to try a proper iui now. .looking at bridge clinic ph...just the stress of going to ph and back ..hea rd its abt 150k there...
How much was it where u did? ....any tabs or injection s days after the iui? To promote implantation?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2015
@shithapuns d doc cut our head oh. 250k. Gave us drugs n menopur injection n he wz monitoring ma eggs via scanning till dey wr matured. I had 4 matured eggs den we did d insemination after dat d nurse gave mi anoda injection immediately n cyclogest to insert in ma vjay for 1wik(mornin n 9t) So na wait I dey so n prayn it comz out positive.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 3:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
@shithapuns so on ma own av bin tkn supplements i.e evergreen woman n Forever royal jelly n eatn healthy so dat I wil av a BFP wink
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2015
Monalisa1:
@shithapuns d doc cut our head oh. 250k. Gave us drugs n menopur injection n he wz monitoring ma eggs via scanning till dey wr matured. I had 4 matured eggs den we did d insemination after dat d nurse gave mi anoda injection immediately n cyclogest to insert in ma vjay for 1wik(mornin n 9t) So na wait I dey so n prayn it comz out positive.
@ monalisa dear, I wish u BFP soonest(maybe na 4plets o cheesy ), try calm down small, doh! is cyclogest not supposed 2 be till BFP is confirmed?
. As per d "cutting head" I can relate, prof orhue likes money more dan anytin. My DH and I had a very bad experience dere, he gave him drugs(a bottle worth 75k a month) dat body builders use knowing fully well dat it wud drop his count. He succeeded in dropping it to zero, so dat we'll com 4 TESE/ivf. He gav me Bco inj 15k , metformin 35k for a months supply, if no be say I do CID 4 d matter am sure he wud still be draining us. Less dan 3 months with Dr ojobo of ponders end his count increased to low SC. With less dan 10k. So my dear bros @ Shithapuns pls jejely go bridge or any other clinic in lag, one mama here used regenesis somtime ago and got triplets (tink she paid 162k evrytin). Nordica charges like 200k dey are in Asaba too.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2015
shithapuns:

Was urs in ubth..hope clinic or ponders end?
Was the sperm washed and separated?
My dw had a failed iui last month...thinking of trying another one in bridge clinic..
@ bros abeg o, does ponders do iui? Or is it d intra-cervical insemination/diy .
Also pls we're is dis hope clinic + wat are dier services? Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2015
Ok my doc blvs the monitoring of eggs via scanning is not really necessary as the eggs will mature from 12 to 48hrs after the hcg injection. ....and he ins3minates for 3 days continously and then tells u to bd for another 3 to 4 days afterwards...... i blv in this too...cos we scanned the first time we tried hcg trigger and all was well .the dominant follicle was big and mature

Its just the washing and separating that he doesnt do which i think shud be done. ..
250k..wow appears on the high side...but with scanning n all...migh5 be wor th it...as scanning is 10k each ..
Will contact bridge and hv an idea of thier cost b4 i know the next step....my doc believes ivf shud follow after 5 failed iuis...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 4:12pm On Mar 05, 2015
iyomomo:

@ bros abeg o, does ponders do iui? Or is it d intra-cervical insemination/diy .
Also pls we're is dis hope clinic + wat are dier services? Thanks
Ponders method is more of ici..though they call it iui.
Its iui in a fashion..cos a long narrow straw or tube is used to inject the s.perm into the uterus.not cervix.
Ponders is affordable too and the doc is kind and patient. N doesnt blv in wasting patients money

I meant hope valley clinic.off akpakpava.they do ivf.n hv offices in ph and lagos..went to thier office location..but twas looking rundown...didnt trust them to do any good ivf there...so didnt bother. ..bridge ph has a serious office..so if they quote 1m for ivf..i wud at least believe they r serious going by thier office n structure
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2015
@iyomomo. Amen oh. Ma sista u rily no prof vry well. Buh mi I had pcos. So I took d menopur injection 4 lyk 2wikz. He had 2 increase d d dosage 2 6shot (it wz dat bad) d nurse der said prof has neva givn anybody 6shots,d higest wz 4. Heard regensis has a gud success rate in iui base on d in2in method. Buh 2 convince dh go hard. Had 2 manage st. Augustine. N back it up wit prayers. Na God hand evritin dey.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 4:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
U don't even have to debate bridge , cos dey are one of d top notch fertility centres in naija. Have only heard pple complain abt dier ivf price being too hight , I no sure say 1m carry am o. But try dem if u like , 2 contact dem u can text "Fertility" to 20050, I tink dey will call u back or so.
As per ponder's end being kind and gentle, u got it my broda , he doesn't like wasting patients money @ all , (only say he 4 upgrage dat clinic small sha) D man clearly knows wat he's doing.
But I also read dat ici is risky o , cos of introducing infections into d uterus, cos d sperm isn't washed.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 4:25pm On Mar 05, 2015
Monalisa1:
@iyomomo. Amen oh. Ma sista u rily no prof vry well. Buh mi I had pcos. So I took d menopur injection 4 lyk 2wikz. He had 2 increase d d dosage 2 6shot (it wz dat bad) d nurse der said prof has neva givn anybody 6shots,d higest wz 4. Heard regensis has a gud success rate in iui base on d in2in method. Buh 2 convince dh go hard. Had 2 manage st. Augustine. N back it up wit prayers. Na God hand evritin dey.
U are right, above all its God really. But worry not, ur case is settled. Wat does d menopur do pls?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Monalisa1(f): 4:38pm On Mar 05, 2015
iyomomo:

U are right, above all its God really. But worry not, ur case is settled. Wat does d menopur do pls?

Amen oh. I tink it's 2 mature d eggs.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by shithapuns: 5:35pm On Mar 05, 2015
Yeah ici can introduce infection..since abt 2 to 3 semen transfer/equipment is involved...
Normal bd is ici ...so i still think thiers is iui...cos why waste time n energy when dh tool is ever ready? Lol......
grin angry shocked
Iui has 20% chance.
Ivf 25% chance.
Natural bd is abt 15 to 18%
So its God who shows mercy....man can only try
Ponders doesnt hv the facility for washing n sorting..and this helps to remove the dead.slow s.emen.
Cos the avg motility is 20 to 25% for normal male.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyomomo(f): 9:22pm On Mar 05, 2015
LoL @ DH's tool ever ready! Well ici cons of infection is not necessarily d tools used. D cervix sort of filters d sperm dat enters d uterus, hence d washing part is sort of like imitating d cervix. Somx iui is useful wen DW has a hostile CM , so bd'ing won't work ; d procedure bypasses d CM.
Really we can only try our best broda, May God have mercy on us all and may His grace continue to be sufficient 4 everyone here. AMEN!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 7:17am On Mar 06, 2015
You are all invited to the special Holy Ghost service of the Redeemed Christian Church of God which will be taking place at the camp ground along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on Friday, March 6th, 2015 by 6pm. In Christ alone we live and reign.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jennygurl(f): 7:19am On Mar 06, 2015
Hello everybody, I have a baby of 2 years + and I had a miscarriage about a year ago, av not really being trying since sha cos hubby is not around only just like when I av d opportunity 2 travel out which is like 1 or 2 weeks and go try my luck with is like about 2 or 3 diff months.... I dnt want to keep wasting my time so I have just decided to do an iui next month cos dat when hubby will be around but mean while I called all dis Ijaw women into fertility stuffs and she rubbed my tommy and checked my vjay and said it has shifted alittle and dat she will give me something that I will be sitting on I think cos I told her I dnt want any medicine dat will go tru my mouth. I just want to prepare my body against the iui next month cos I dnt want stories that touch so am trying everytin 2 increase my chances cos once hubby goes back after this one na till December again o and I can't wait that long biko.... am on pregcare conception and folic acid now, I hope that is okay or is evergreen woman better... God will meet every of us at the point of our needs IJN....
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by georgesmedical: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2015
Attendance is Free for all couples TTC & those facing Infertility Challenges!

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by georgesmedical: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2015
Honestly, we will be running a discount in IVF prices to celebrate mother's day and easter very soon. This is to encourage all mothers and those aspiring to become mothers to make their dreams come true! Will keep you all posted. At Geoarge's Memorial Medical Centre, We're all about family. Making, Planning, Being and Caring for Family! Feel free to call our IVF Hotline: 08078191655 for enquiries anytime!

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Oleayo22(f): 6:14pm On Mar 06, 2015
@ Jennygurl, pls I am interested in this massage. Could you give me details of the ijaw woman. I stay in lagos and I just want to prepare my body for IVF in june.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jennygurl(f): 7:42pm On Mar 06, 2015
@Oleayo22 around where do you stay?I also stay in lag....

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.