Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (210) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1282772 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fpeter(f): 10:26am On Aug 30, 2016
emmatoby:

September Holy Ghost Service of RCCG is Here!

Are you planning to attend this September Holy Ghost Service 2016 @ RCCG CAMP and you're worried about where to stay? We've got good news for you.

Homaj wants you to have a wonderful time in the presence of God by providing a convenient place to lodge at a cheaper price. Feel free to contact us for more info on 09058566868 or email: homajng@gmail.com

Thanks.

Really? Do i look like i need accommodation? what am i sleeping for when i am going to the altar of God to cry my heart out?
Am i traveling all the way to Lagos to chill and relax in a hotel or whatever accommodation you have? Do i look like I'm playing?

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by SameOge: 11:07am On Sep 01, 2016
If you have fertility problems, both male and female, try visiting Lagos Reproductive Healthcare Centre, Lekki Phase 1. People think that, when you hear Lekki, its's got to be very expensive....not so true.

Lagos Reproductive Healthcare Centre is a small fertility clinic and thereby has SMALLER OVERHEAD COST which relates to the customer/patient.
This fertility clinic offers INDIVIDUALISED CARE to the customers/patients with DIRECT ACCESS to the Clinical Director, Fertility Nurses, and Personalised Care.

They are the cheapest in Lekki, Lagos.....They have one of the best services in Lagos with a good success rate.

Above all, in anything you do, always involve GOD.
May GOD give us all good testimonies.....AMEN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Darlynn(f): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2016
hahahahahahaha!!!! this post just made my day cheesy

Happy New Month of September!!!

All our expectant mummies attending the camp, God will take you all there safely..be expectant because many of you will return with testimonies,Amen!!. Please remember the rest of us in this forum in your prayers. In this month of September, there shall be many testimonies of BFPs, miraculous provision for families having financial challenges and most importantly God would do such great miracle that the ears that hear it will tingle, in Jesus name, Amen!! I believe therefore i receive!! Sticky baby dust to everyone. xoxo

fpeter:

Really? Do i look like i need accommodation? what am i sleeping for when i am going to the altar of God to cry my heart out?
Am i traveling all the way to Lagos to chill and relax in a hotel or whatever accommodation you have? Do i look like I'm playing?

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 03, 2016
Good morning,house. Congrats,my dear sister,itssettled.LadyG,congrats in advance You shall testify this year Bro,inwangobio,how are d soldiers doing?Regards to them.Nice weekend, everyone.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 5:35pm On Sep 03, 2016
zeezzy:
Good morning,house. Congrats,my dear sister,itssettled.LadyG,congrats in advance You shall testify this year Bro,inwangobio,how are d soldiers doing?Regards to them.Nice weekend, everyone.
Amen o
Thankss
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 3:46am On Sep 04, 2016
I'm back to my first constituency......Its been a long journey. After the loss of my very first pregnancy, as fate would have it we relocated to one of the countries in Asia. I decided to go see the doctor and start all over. With God on our side we went through a cycle of ICSI the doctor kept on reassuring me I wont be hyperstimulated cos that was my greatest fear. She kept checking through the assey of estradiol test. according to my doctor if it passd 3000 on the day of my test which I recall was a day to taking shots to release the eggs she would stop the cycle cos it would pass the 4000 range after the hcg shot which was definitely hyperstimulation. The cycle wasnt certain till the result came out. PCOS nor easy

To the glory of God about 9 eggs were collected as against 20 something of the nigerian cycle 3 transferred and I couldn't freeze because of some useless laws in that country and 2 stuck. The road has been rough ( red blood scare gushing out like mp around the 6,7 and 8th week, precautionary cerclage, baby A loving to go hit his head on the cerclage causing more scare... but i asked God for Mercy cos my faith nor carry am. They are my children of Mercy cos I realised the real meaning of 'its not of him that willeth or runneth but God that showeth mercy '

I came to share this testimony for someone who might be low at this time this is our 7th year of marriage and He's still in the business of making things beautiful. Thanks to oldies keeping the thread alive Wonyi, RipVanWInk, DonaTee and everyone still looking up to him ....God will visit you in a mighty way.

@LadyGuinivere I don't know where to start your prayers from....I know how much help you render daily on the other thread but I pray that God will answer you beautifully soon and you will testify

Our miracles and testimonies shall be permanent.

20 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2016
Awww....Congratulations @kingsdaughter, so happy for you sweetie this ur testimony has made my day.I woke up sad n depressed as I read this gud news this morning am happy......Congrats once again dear...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by legendsmother(f): 2:44pm On Sep 04, 2016
Shephard in warri went through my history and are saying 900k for ivf with ICSI pls does any1 have reviews or success stories about them? Any information about them would be appreciated
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 2:59pm On Sep 04, 2016
@kingsdaughter wow! U raise me up oooo! God that started the good work in you will finish it. Happy bumping nne!

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by legendsmother(f): 3:07pm On Sep 04, 2016
@kingsdaughter thank God for dis wonderful news God that has started this will see you through it.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:56pm On Sep 04, 2016
@ kingsdaughter, your message came at the right time.this morning I picked a quarrel because of something unnecessary. Yeah when I read such testimonies, I feel lifted. shocked shocked.God is awesome. He maketh all things beautiful in his time,indeed He has remembered u and wiped away all the time u wept and asked unanswered questions.

Congratulations. ....God will finish what He has started.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 4:24pm On Sep 04, 2016
legendsmother:
Shephard in warri went through my history and are saying 900k for ivf with ICSI pls does any1 have reviews or success stories about them? Any information about them would be appreciated

I know Shepherd is new.....so they may likely have new equipments.for their medical personnel, no idea.though heard someone mention their name n comparing with lily . someone is almost due for delivery .one of us here.she did at lily at her first trial.

The fact they are new doesn't mean they are inefficient. Things to consider are

1.how professional where they in their research as in investigation before they concluded u need ICSI.i now u are knowledgeable in that area

2.are the doctors calm,have listening ears,friendly, NOT MONEY CONSCIOUS

3 . Environmental Factor as in organise,did u see patients around coming to investigate or have started their procedures

4.is a team that does the procedure, do they have special team for it or do they invite people down

5.how about their staff strength n attitude

6. You can ask for a honest success rate from their matron or doctor

7. Also honest answers from people that have used them, when next u go try and engage in a discussion n ask for opinion.

8.pray n ask God for direction. ..,,it doesn't matter who or where. GOD can use any one to bless u.

lily charges 750k during promo n success rate is quite high. I pray u get pregnant naturally before January otherwise I will suggest u take advantage of the promo.just my thought

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by legendsmother(f): 6:06pm On Sep 04, 2016
@wonyi thanks so much for this I really appreciate this this ca be so draining am just prayin to God I will revisit n get back.lily 750 promo sounds good thanks so much
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 9:03pm On Sep 04, 2016
legendsmother:
@wonyi thanks so much for this I really appreciate this this ca be so draining am just prayin to God I will revisit n get back.lily 750 promo sounds good thanks so much

Yeah.i understand. N please work on your mind n faith. Be positive. Kingsdaughter said at a time she was asking God for mercy.
The journey alone is draining. You need the best of hands n all the support u can get.

Lily attend to patients individually even during the promo. Just do your findings
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 5:58am On Sep 05, 2016
Kingsdaughter My ore. God will keep you and the babies. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 8:05am On Sep 05, 2016
kingsdaughter:
I'm back to my first constituency......Its been a long journey. After the loss of my very first pregnancy, as fate would have it we relocated to one of the countries in Asia. I decided to go see the doctor and start all over. With God on our side we went through a cycle of ICSI the doctor kept on reassuring me I wont be hyperstimulated cos that was my greatest fear. She kept checking through the assey of estradiol test. according to my doctor if it passd 3000 on the day of my test which I recall was a day to taking shots to release the eggs she would stop the cycle cos it would pass the 4000 range after the hcg shot which was definitely hyperstimulation. The cycle wasnt certain till the result came out. PCOS nor easy

To the glory of God about 9 eggs were collected as against 20 something of the nigerian cycle 3 transferred and I couldn't freeze because of some useless laws in that country and 2 stuck. The road has been rough ( red blood scare gushing out like mp around the 6,7 and 8th week, precautionary cerclage, baby A loving to go hit his head on the cerclage causing more scare... but i asked God for Mercy cos my faith nor carry am. They are my children of Mercy cos I realised the real meaning of 'its not of him that willeth or runneth but God that showeth mercy '

I came to share this testimony for someone who might be low at this time this is our 7th year of marriage and He's still in the business of making things beautiful. Thanks to oldies keeping the thread alive Wonyi, RipVanWInk, DonaTee and everyone still looking up to him ....God will visit you in a mighty way.

@LadyGuinivere I don't know where to start your prayers from....I know how much help you render daily on the other thread but I pray that God will answer you beautifully soon and you will testify

Our miracles and testimonies shall be permanent.

Oh my good Lord, thanks you Jesus. My CONGRATULATIONS is in caps dear sis. What a marvelous God!!!.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
@kingsdaughter wow! U raise me up oooo! God that started the good work in you will finish it. Happy bumping nne!

Cheers sis, just greeting you. Hope you are good
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RipVanWink: 8:19am On Sep 05, 2016
@kingsdaughter, congrats on ur testimony,

so having large nos of eggs is a sign of hyper stimulation?, u know how this translates to bfn in ivf??.
my dw had 24egs, 12 fertilized and 6 made it to day 5, 3 was transferred, yet bfn.

doctors didnt know/tell us the cause for the bfn, am wondering if they knew and hid the info from us
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by bbakbeth: 10:27am On Sep 05, 2016
Hell all, I'm new here.

just wanted to let all know the st Ives ikoyi is the worst place to do IVF. They are theives that are only concerned about taking your money.

And one particular doc is so lakadiasical about is work and patients treats them like they owe him. I had to leave there it's it cos of saving money that I will pour sand in my garri.

5 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 1:48pm On Sep 05, 2016
RipVanWink:

so having large nos of eggs is a sign of hyper stimulation?, u know how this translates to bfn in ivf??.
my dw had 24egs, 12 fertilized and 6 made it to day 5, 3 was transferred, yet bfn.

doctors didnt know/tell us the cause for the bfn, am wondering if they knew and hid the info from us
Sorry dear. Just wanted to point out some things
1 except in cases of clear ineptitude, nobody can tell you why an ivf cycle failed.
2. Large nos of eggs can lead To ohss. If the ovaries are hyperstimulated, the body can react. Its actually a defence mechanism by the body to avoid sure death if that amount of eggs fertilise. If one is hyper stimulated, the patient will know after the administration of the trigger shot and if pregnancy occurs. For a person with a good reserve of eggs.24 aint too bad. I once got 21 ehhs with no whiff of ohss.
By God's grace, your efforts will not be fruitless again
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 5:55pm On Sep 05, 2016
bbakbeth:
Hell all, I'm new here.

just wanted to let all know the st Ives ikoyi is the worst place to do IVF. They are theives that are only concerned about taking your money.

And one particular doc is so lakadiasical about is work and patients treats them like they owe him. I had to leave there it's it cos of saving money that I will pour sand in my garri.

May your stay be short in Jesus name. I didn't have a bad experience with their staff (ikeja branch), but wasn't pleased with the way the procedure was handled. Many things didn't add up.

You will get a lot of info if you have gone thru the whole of the thread to help u. Cheers sis
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by kingsdaughter: 5:51am On Sep 06, 2016
RipVanWink:

In addition to what ladyG said no one can actually tell you what caused bfn in IVF you can only speculate. I had more than 24 eggs last time can't recall the precise amount only 3 survived till day 5 and only one stuck amids the severe OHSS. From what I read it's even better to wait out the cycle when hyper stimulation is detected because it becomes worse with the increase in HCG. About 1.5 liters of water had to be drained out from my stomach daily through a process called paracentesis for almost a week even when the transfer had occurred. So it all depends on each individual's body reaction. That I got a big after that experience was a big miracle. Baby dust!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wholesomegrace: 10:30am On Sep 06, 2016
RipVanWink:

I've read about someone who was hyper stimulated, doctors suggested ET in her next cycle but she insisted that they go with her present cycle and it stuck, so these things sometimes might defy explanations. I believe the most important thing is to be assured the docs or hospital u are using are professional and will handle issues on case by case basis.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by DRKAYSM: 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2016
Certain foods have the ability to disrupt the hormone system. Foods with acid Ash residue makes the body acidic. That's why I recommend alkaline foods only when you are trying for a baby.
Eliminate animal based foods and increase plant based foods. Start with a fast for at least 3 days where you detoxify your body and boost your system. Within these days take only fruits and green vegetables. Increase vegetable fruitherbs such as onions. Garlic, lemon, lime ( yes limes ) oranges, grapefruit and of course water. These super Kings contain the most alkaline percentage in the plant Kingdom.
Fertile blessings
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Yes! You Can Conceive by DRKAYSM: 12:03pm
Certain foods have the ability to disrupt the hormone system. Foods with acid Ash residue makes the body acidic. That's why I recommend alkaline foods only when you are trying for a baby.
Eliminate animal based foods and increase plant based foods. Start with a fast for at least 3 days where you detoxify your body and boost your system. Within these days take only fruits and green vegetables. Increase vegetable fruitherbs such as onions. Garlic, lemon, lime ( yes limes ) oranges, grapefruit and of course water. These super Kings contain the most alkaline percentage in the plant Kingdom.
Fertile blessings
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Fruitfulmum: 4:35am On Sep 09, 2016
Wow, congrats to all who had their bfp. And to all still waiting God will answer you speedily ijmn.

So many negative talk about regenesis . Well I had a successful Ivf with them ,my case was tubal though and we were lucky at first try. May be if I had a bfn I would have noticed one thing they did wrong to link my bfn with. Because I have not seen anyone that had a bfp with them talk of how unprofessional they are.

I felt bad when I read comments of his asking patient for donor. I had to put a call to him. His explanation was very reasonable to me. That he give them options available to each case.....

He said what he will never do is to go against his patients wish.

I spoke with the doctor on asking people with male factor to do donor.he told me except the man has azosperm and refuses to do Tese (inversion or operation to get the sperm from source which he does) that is when he offers donor as an alternative.

I don't know how far this is true.

God have mercy ooo. E go better and God will answer our cry.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omopepper: 5:45am On Sep 10, 2016
Good morning house.
Please I need suggestions and advice as to what could be wrong with me.
Hubby and I have decided to go through with icsi come October after TTC for 4yrs. Doctor advised icsi cos hubby's sperm count was a bit low but with good motility.
I have worries.
I worry because each time am about to see my period, I have severe stomach cramp. I have lower abdominal pain too every other day. What I have noticed is that I have severe pains when am about to end my pee.I don't don't even know how to descripe the pain I feel but I feel it's infection. When am on my period, every part of my tummy hurts. Then I feel this sharp pain just at the middle down my lower abdomen. Not to mention that I stool and phew throughout too. My toilet is usually my best friend during this period.
The amazing thing is after seeing our fertility doctor, he recommended we start our procedure cos there is nothing wrong.
I have my fears that my babies might not stick cos there is something wrong and that thing is infection.
Now, I have taken a lot of drugs for infections. Am now confused as to what to take.
I don't want to do this procedure until am free from this cramps and pain.
Please anyone with a suggestion as to what I can do or best anti bacterial drugs to take?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by icetamil: 6:01am On Sep 10, 2016
It has been said that by the American Pregnancy Association, that the people’s fertility will not be affected by their diet. There is also no particular IVF diet that must be followed during the course of the IVF (In Vitro Fertilization). But there are some results of the research that prove that the intake of certain nutrients will very well affect the rates of the fertility and also aid the women to conceive by the methods of the In Vitro Fertilization.

For more: http://healthyfuturesva.com/ivf-diet/

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:20am On Sep 10, 2016
wholesomegrace:

Cheers sis, just greeting you. Hope you are good
I just saw this. Nne I gidigba.
U nko? Remain blessed
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 6:27am On Sep 10, 2016
omopepper:
Good morning house.
Hubby and I have decided to go through with icsi come October after TTC for 4yrs. Doctor advised icsi cos hubby's sperm count was a bit low but with good motility.
I have worries.
I worry because each time am about to see my period, I have severe stomach cramp. I have lower abdominal pain too every other day. What I have noticed is that I have severe pains when am about to end my pee.I don't don't even know how to descripe the pain I feel but I feel it's infection. When am on my period, every part of my tummy hurts. Then I feel this sharp pain just at the middle down my lower abdomen. Not to mention that I stool and phew throughout too. My toilet is usually my best friend during this period.
The amazing thing is after seeing our fertility doctor, he recommended we start our procedure cos there is nothing wrong.
I have my fears that my babies might not stick cos there is something wrong and that thing is infection.
Now, I have taken a lot of drugs for infections. Am now confused as to what to take.
Please anyone with a suggestion as to what I can do or best anti bacterial drugs to take?
For some people cramps are normal.
For others, its an indication that there's a problem. Especially as you say you feel crampy/pain when you urinate. It ought not to be so.
Have you done a scan /hsg? If not then please do ist
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tsquaure(f): 8:55am On Sep 10, 2016
omopepper:
Good morning house.
I have worries.
hi
I think u should see a Gynecologist. Note that ur fertility doctor. May not be. What u are describing sounds like a UTI.but some other infection mask like UTI. Ur gynecologist will prescribed. Drugs for u n ur husband to take for period of time . As for us it was a combination of ciproflaxcin doxcyline flagyl for 2weeks. But do see a doctor

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omopepper: 5:34am On Sep 11, 2016
[Thanks alot.will do that this week.quote author=tsquaure post=49230482] hi
I think u should see a Gynecologist. Note that ur fertility doctor. May not be. What u are describing sounds like a UTI.but some other infection mask like UTI. Ur gynecologist will prescribed. Drugs for u n ur husband to take for period of time . As for us it was a combination of ciproflaxcin doxcyline flagyl for 2weeks. But do see a doctor [/quote]
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamakendra(f): 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2016
wonyi:

I know Shepherd is new.....so they may likely have new equipments.for their medical personnel, no idea.though heard someone mention their name n comparing with lily . someone is almost due for delivery .one of us here.she did at lily at her first trial.

The fact they are new doesn't mean they are inefficient. Things to consider are

1.how professional where they in their research as in investigation before they concluded u need ICSI.i now u are knowledgeable in that area

2.are the doctors calm,have listening ears,friendly, NOT MONEY CONSCIOUS

3 . Environmental Factor as in organise,did u see patients around coming to investigate or have started their procedures

4.is a team that does the procedure, do they have special team for it or do they invite people down

5.how about their staff strength n attitude

6. You can ask for a honest success rate from their matron or doctor

7. Also honest answers from people that have used them, when next u go try and engage in a discussion n ask for opinion.

8.pray n ask God for direction. ..,,it doesn't matter who or where. GOD can use any one to bless u.

lily charges 750k during promo n success rate is quite high. I pray u get pregnant naturally before January otherwise I will suggest u take advantage of the promo.just my thought
Dear, pls where is lily and when are they likely to do their next promo??
Would really like to partake

(1) (2) (3) ... (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) (213) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.