Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279853 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2013
@ Innwanigobio May God answer ur prayes, as u have said, so wil He do unto you.Congrats in adv. @ 7colours, hmmmn st ives another promo again so soon, hope it's with a right motive.Becos they just ended one sept-dec. and took part in it which didn‘t favour me. Dr Okewale wil do better if it is not promo, but during dz promo his attention is somehow divided cos of alot of pepple to attend to only Him.For me bye bye to hurry hurry stuff.I am not discouraging anybody anyway.Follow ur spirit.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 6:26am On Jan 19, 2013
Hello Omonikiba,i'll say the success rate of ICSI is very high as i'm a testimony. My hubby had zero motility. None of his sperm was even moving around,so we did ivf/icsi at st ives and i'm 16weeks pregnant now. It increases the chance cos the sperm is directly inserted into the egg with a needle.I'll say go for it with serious prayers...cos really its God that gives babies. And i wish you goodluck and Gods blessings! Hopee i've been helpful.

omonikiba: Hello Mothers of glorious generation. I have posted here before but now I think I need an information from you here.

Please what is the success rate of icsi? Doc said my hubby fluid is too low for ivf(less than a million after using drugs, we still have insignificant improvement) and advised we do icsi, pls what is the success rate of this assisted method? Wouldn't want to keep wasting some thousands on drugs aand yet no result.

Pls send your view. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omonikiba(f): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2013
Thanks @Abibyy and MrsM. MrsM, have read through some of your post on your to learn a little from your experience, what was his count? Did you take some time off work to rest before the procedure and after? How many days after ER did ET take place?

Congrats on your bfp, I wish you the rest 22-24 weeks a healthy stay.are you having triplet?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2013
Blendy mama twins,how are u and d soldiers?earnestly waiting to celebrate wit u.all beautiful mothers in the house.I hail ooo. Using one herh now sha,went to one of dis delta women dat does massaging of d tummy but she said I don't nid it! Fear catch me ooo! Am just taking out time to relax a bit.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2013
Happy new year to everyone o!!!

I must confess I missed this group and everyone ,make una no mind me o,I forgot my password and been cracking my head since.its soo good to see so many people joining us and receiving good news.those that have put to bed,big congrats o.those waiting on God,2013 is your year of rejoicing.

Blendy,my darling in law,DD never show o,we dey follow you for back.soo good to know u are strong and about to finish the marathon.
To all my other sisters,I miss all of you,the words of encouragement and support.wish I could write all the names but madam is demanding sleep(yes,,I got my wish for a gal)
And she sends her love to all her aunties

God bless us all and hear us as we call.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 8:58pm On Jan 22, 2013
Hello again!,his count was pretty high...but i cant remember the exact number now...but like i said they were all non motile. I didnt take time off work before the procedure but i was on bed rest for two weeks after the transfer. Transfer was two days after egg retrieval. I'm having a single baby ooo....not triplets. Though I wouldnt have minded. smiley If you have any other questions i'll be glad to asnwer!
omonikiba: Thanks @Abibyy and MrsM. MrsM, have read through some of your post on your to learn a little from your experience, what was his count? Did you take some time off work to rest before the procedure and after? How many days after ER did ET take place?

Congrats on your bfp, I wish you the rest 22-24 weeks a healthy stay.are you having triplet?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 9:03pm On Jan 22, 2013
All mamas in the house I have a question ooo. Pikinmama where are you? One of the doctors i've been seeing for antenatal mentioned something about them advising CS to deliver ivf babies. The only reason he gave me when i countered him was that since the baby was 'extra precious' and CS is a safe method of delivery..thats why they advice it. I"ve never given CS a second thought before. Please whats your take on this?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omonikiba(f): 11:00pm On Jan 22, 2013
@MRSM,thanks for your reply, your time and i appreciate. i dont have any questions yet but when i do i will definately wink you.

MrsM: All mamas in the house I have a question ooo. Pikinmama where are you? One of the doctors i've been seeing for antenatal mentioned something about them advising CS to deliver ivf babies. The only reason he gave me when i countered him was that since the baby was 'extra precious' and CS is a safe method of delivery..thats why they advice it. I"ve never given CS a second thought before. Please whats your take on this?
@MRSM,thanks for your reply, your time and i appreciate. i dont have any questions yet but when i do i will definately wink you.

i really pray you put forth normally if you so desire, God will give you the strength you need.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Topal: 7:17am On Jan 23, 2013
Mrs M,
We must be seeing the same doctor(lool) cos that's exactly what our company doctor said,the good thing they don't take deliveries so have been referred to another hospital and they haven't said that yet,I'll ask the doctor at my ante natal tomorrow .but I have a friend that delivered her baby girl normally.she was given what they called a trial period after which they would have done Cs,and she gave birth during that time.

I guess the most important thing is that they come out fine...

Greetings to all everyone in the house

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by duly(m): 7:44am On Jan 23, 2013
pslm23: [b]Part 2

After 7 IUIs hubby and myself decided to take a breather and try to figure out what the heck was wrong. In between taking that breather we baby danced like crazy but nothing happened. 2 years ago we went back to my ob/gyn and she decided to put me on a monitored clomid cycle for 6 months because according to her, there is no reason why I shouldn't be able to get pregnant. So, hubby and I went back to baby dancing again like crazy. At first, he was very happy but then after like the 3rd month, he said he was begining to feel like a "piece of meat"  grin It didn't matter what he was doing, if my OPK says it's time, he better be ready!

6 months of the clomid cycle and I was done! I was tired and I told hubby that maybe God did not want this to happen. In the meantime, I had gotten this fantastic job and my insurance was the best. It covered IVF treatment 100% plus medication. All i pay for is $5 which is my co-pay.

January of this year, i decided to go online and start researching other fertility clinics. I saw 2 that looked very promising based on their IVF success rates. Hubby and I prayed over it and we decided to try the one closer to my job. On our very first consultation visit, we fell in love with my now RE. She asked a whole bunch of questions no other doctor had asked, she listened to us, and she ordered a whole bunch of tests under the sun before she would tell us if IVF is the right path to take.

Well, guess what? I had a HSG scheduled and i actually watched the whole process on a big screen they had in the room. I saw my tubes and saw what my problem was. Right there on the screen, we all saw the HSG dye stop moving as it moved up my tubes and then I had that horrible pain again. Turns out that both my tubes were totally and completely blocked and i also had hydro on top of it. The RE looked at hubby and myself and said, "thats why the IUIs and Clomid cycle failed. Your eggs are not coming down into the uterus" . my husband was going crazy by this time thinking of all the money we spent at the other clinic and so was i. After I got cleaned up and we were back in the consultation room, I asked the doc so what now? and he said IVF was my only route right now to have a baby but even before the IVF I needed to have surgery to either cautherize the section of my damaged tubes or ties them off because i had hydro leaking into my uterus and even if the IVF is a success at implatation stage, the hydro might kill the embryo.

Hubby and I went home, talked about what we had learnt, re-watched the HSG again (the clinic always gives the patient a copy of their procedure on a disc) and decided to have bothe tubes taken out completely because frankly speaking, they are not doing anything for me anymore.

In the last part of this story of my journey, I will talk about my surgery and finally the begining of my medications.[/b]

Pslm23. You really have gone through alot and I can only trust that the benefit of all that you have gone through will far supersede your sufferings. I am looking at IVF with my wife and will really need you to give me the name and address of the very last clinic you visited. We are in Mississippi but wont mind heading to a place you have so talked about like this. Please email me clinic's contacts on dulydtare@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by walmart: 8:14am On Jan 23, 2013
A happy new year to all in the house. This yr the Lord will answer all our prayers in Jesus name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2013
Join me in thanking God as he has blessed us with a set of twin boys.

28 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by goodtidings: 12:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Blendy77.......blessss God for u ooooooooo.....to the boys...welcome to our World...may God protect,guide,bless ur parents nd sustain u all. U deserve it gal and to evry1 I wish u same joy as I wish mysef. Congats blendy!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ebony13: 12:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
wowwwwww!!!! two boys! Congrats blendy@ God bless them and keep them for you. they shall be a source of joy to nd their dad for the rest of their lives. smiley smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2013
grin I'm screaming all over d place in my office like someone that won lottery! To think there was a program on Inspiration fm yesterday where one guy was critisizing ivf & saying it is an expensive medical trial and error! I hissed a very long hiss mtcheeeeeeew!to think Hubby and I were in d car together listening to dt rubbish ;The host of the show Dan Foster asked how many trials are 2 much b4 one adopts! As for me as many times as possible until your miracle manifests! Abeg back to dancing Azonto for Blenddy twins! I'm hopeful and preparing my body & soul 4 2nd cycle!

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by MrsM: 1:25pm On Jan 25, 2013
Congratulations blendy!! They will be a source of joy to you and to their generation! This is awesome newsss! Thank God oooooooo!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sammiejo: 3:28pm On Jan 25, 2013
Blendy77: Join me in thanking God as he has blessed us with a set of twin boys.

Congratulations! God be praised.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sammiejo: 3:37pm On Jan 25, 2013
MrsM: All mamas in the house I have a question ooo. Pikinmama where are you? One of the doctors i've been seeing for antenatal mentioned something about them advising CS to deliver ivf babies. The only reason he gave me when i countered him was that since the baby was 'extra precious' and CS is a safe method of delivery..thats why they advice it. I"ve never given CS a second thought before. Please whats your take on this?
Most doctors do not want to take chances with a vaginal delivery which they can not really control esp where is no labour/delivery history. They would likely offer the CS option if 1.there were challenges with conception/pregnancy esp if this is the first child (These babies are usually called " precious babies"wink 2. the lady has had complications in previous delivery that resulted in death of a child where she has no live child/children . This also a case of " precious baby" 3. Other normal medical reasons for CS. I think you would be option 1. the choice is yours on what to go for.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sammiejo: 3:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Pls i typed v.agina delivery not Womanly.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by wonyi: 3:43pm On Jan 25, 2013
go go go go Blendy
I am coming for the naming.God is awesome. congrats sweethrt. loving motherhood right now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ipio(f): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
Big congratulations Blendy, am really happy for you, may God bless and keep your babies. Thank you Jesus for all you are doing for us, we cannot thank you enough.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2013
@Blendy77
THANK YOU JESUS!!! It is the Lord's doing and it is marvelous in our sights!

@my ttc sisters
pls still bear with me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 4:10pm On Jan 25, 2013
Our God Has shown forth His power once again, GLORY BE TO HIS NAME. you have been a real encouragement to many of us and God Has rewarded you with those great Generals, pls my love for them and i also key into this great miracle, pls keep praying for us. It is well with you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by cjnone2000yaho: 4:22pm On Jan 25, 2013
I can't hold back this tears. tears of joy. hi blendy. big congratulations to u and the boys.
welcome soliders of christ. welcome world changers. God will keep and protect u all.
congras proud mama. you have finally conquared this monster called ttc.
--- I never see this kind God before---- wonder wonder'wonder wonder.

Please does anybody know if Lily hospital has a branch in Abuja or Kaduna. if yes what is their address
Please does any of the proud mothers in ttc know of any good gyn in abuja.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
@blendy- a very big congratulations to u and ur family. this is such great news. Thanking God for his protection upon u and the babies. its the Lords doing and is marvelous in our eyes. i thank God for wiping your tears and giving you a new song. congrats once again.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by doubleblessing(f): 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2013
Blendyyyyyy darling,congratulations sis...just had to sign in...so so happy for you. The Lord will renew your strength.Hug those precious babies for me.

I had a failed ICSI last august. Mehn,it was such a trying moment. Thank you Blendy for being there for us. I tell you,it was not easy. Beyond the emotional trauma and all,yet I stand. God kept us. We were travelling quite some distance to see Dr Emeka,we had the best care I think any doc could offer,but that cycle was not just meant to be. I had my fears of trying again after the failed cycle(everything looked so good,you know),but I've learnt a lot from people here overtime,and I won't stop trying till I have my twins. We're starting another cycle soon(still at Georges) and really trusting God for our joy to be made manifest this time.

To everyone on this thread,trying one procedure or the other,our Joy cometh,it's so close. Don't give up on trying and don't let anyone pull you down with their words or actions.

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 7:35pm On Jan 25, 2013
waoooooooooooo congratulation my dear blendy,to God be the glory,may God bless and keep them and may they be a source of joy to u and their entire generation. abeg dont forget us in ur prayers oooooooo.once again congrats dear.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Echala: 10:39pm On Jan 25, 2013
Awwwwwwww Congrats Blendy77, this is the Lords doing, I am so dancing azonto for you right now. They shall be a source of Joy to you and Oga in Jesus Name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Joyfulmom(f): 11:00pm On Jan 25, 2013
Blendy,CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy & full of joy for dis great testimony. Indeed d Lord has wipe away ur tears of many years. God bless & keep them all d days of their lives & u will never weep over them, IJN.Amen

To all of us still in God's waiting room, I decree dat our joy cometh NOW IJN.Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AmazeBalls(f): 11:03pm On Jan 25, 2013
@blendy77,so happy for u and ur family,ttc is a very rocky and hard road,but stories like urs remind those of us on d waiting list that d end is near,wishing u d very best years ahead,warm kisses to d little angels.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 25, 2013
Hey,
This is the reason why I've been trolling this thread oh!

The original Mamabeji, kosi fake e!
Two boys! Gbosa like that.

Enjoy your boys - you do well.
As you have raised others up so will u not lack help as you need it.

Wow - this just made my day.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 1:05pm On Jan 26, 2013
Blendy77: Join me in thanking God as he has blessed us with a set of twin boys.
WOW!!! Congrats Blendy,to God be the glory. Your boys shall be a source of joy to you and your DH. Enjoy mama!

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.