Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279850 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 1:25pm On Jan 18, 2012
hello to everyone on this forum
@psalm23, blendy77, rust2000 and all others who are ttc. may God grant us our hearts desires

i have smth i want to share with u all and i need ur opinion coz i m quite confused
i dont know if anyone has heard of Medical ART in Lagos or know of anyone who has. anyway, my husband and i want to go in for ivf, but he wants it done in India. he feels the success rate in nigeria is not encouraging and we all know its a lot of money. my dillema is i am thorn between going to India due to costs of accomodation, hospital bills and flight (to and fro) and doing it here in Nigeria. please make una help me o. i really need ur opinion on this one
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 1:27pm On Jan 18, 2012
I heard India is good when it comes to ART which includes IVF, IUI etc. Can't really give you much advise here because i've never tried it in either India or Nigeria.
Baby dust to you! smiley
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzoo: 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2012
@pslm23

how are you doing,a very happy new year to you and your hubby,
hope you're still hanging in there cause like i told you last year,
this year you're having twins.

i also want to say that my sister in-law whose been trying to conceive for close to 5 years now just had a baby boy on thursday 12th of january 2012.

i want to use her as a point of contact to all our mothers to be on here,so ladies start tapping the anointing.Yours is on the way this year.Amen.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 4:28pm On Jan 18, 2012
omogemi:

@psalm23, blendy77, rust2000 and all others who are ttc. may God grant us our hearts desires

i have smth i want to share with u all and i need your opinion coz i m quite confused
i dont know if anyone has heard of Medical ART in Lagos or know of anyone who has. anyway, my husband and i want to go in for ivf, but he wants it done in India. he feels the success rate in nigeria is not encouraging and we all know its a lot of money. my dillema is i am thorn between going to India due to costs of accomodation, hospital bills and flight (to and fro) and doing it here in Nigeria. please make una help me o. i really need your opinion on this one

I have never done IVF but Nigeria to India, i cant imagine their would be much difference IMO. Their are great IVF centers in Abuja, lagos, PH. You should do research and choose on of them, If you are thinking of doing it outside the country i heard Egypt is very cheap and they also have great success rates. But think about the social isolation of being away from your family and friends at such a stressful time. GL
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by allycat: 11:45am On Jan 20, 2012
Omogemi go to India with your husband if you can afford it. IVF is a little like gambling with science thrown in and the truth is success rates are just about 50% world wide. There are good IVF clinics in Nigeria but none can give you a 100% guarantee same thing in India, South Africa, Europe or America. The issue in your case is that if you insist on doing it here and you dont get a positive result your husband will blame you and that will add extra strain and stress to a situation that doesnt need it. Just do your research well before you travel.
Praying for the best results for yOu.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by uzokan: 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
Dear Psalm 23,

I have been using nairaland as a guest but after reading your thread, I had to register just to encourage you.

I have been married for four years and had been trying for kids. The problem was severe adhesions due to three previous suregeries on my uterus so my tubes were stuck and eggs couldnt pass through.
My hubby and I decided the ivf route in 2010. During the routine checks, we found out that both of us are AS which made our situation even worse.
The only solution was to go through with the ivf cycle and then test the embryos on day 5 to find out which of them were not full blown sicklers.

To cut a long story short, I have a beautiful baby girl from our first try.

I have written this here to encourage you and let you know God is not sleeping. He does everything in his own time and makes all beautiful. I know exactly how you feel because I have been through quite a few surgeries as well and the doctors still cant believe I was able to carry my daughter to full term. To imagine how bad it was, even my c section was a big surgery and lasted over an hour.
I know you'll keep asking yourself why me? Just know that everyone has their own challenges and all of us cannot be the same. You will hear the cry of your babies before long. I promise- you will smile.

Feel free to send a personal message if you need info on anything. Stay strong girl.

8 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 7:13pm On Jan 20, 2012
uzokan:

Dear Psalm 23,

I have been using nairaland as a guest but after reading your thread, I had to register just to encourage you.

I have been married for four years and had been trying for kids. The problem was severe adhesions due to three previous suregeries on my uterus so my tubes were stuck and eggs couldnt pass through.
My hubby and I decided the ivf route in 2010. During the routine checks, we found out that both of us are AS which made our situation even worse.
The only solution was to go through with the ivf cycle and then test the embryos on day 5 to find out which of them were not full blown sicklers.

To cut a long story short, I have a beautiful baby girl from our first try.

I have written this here to encourage you and let you know God is not sleeping. He does everything in his own time and makes all beautiful. I know exactly how you feel because I have been through quite a few surgeries as well and the doctors still cant believe I was able to carry my daughter to full term. To imagine how bad it was, even my c section was a big surgery and lasted over an hour.
I know you'll keep asking yourself why me? Just know that everyone has their own challenges and all of us cannot be the same. You will hear the cry of your babies before long. I promise- you will smile.

Feel free to send a personal message if you need info on anything. Stay strong girl.

Thank you uzokan. Your story is really encouraging. I'm not giving up on this journey as I know this year will be my year of laughter but first i have to make sure all my "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted.
I have my tubal surgery scheduled for the first week of Feb. After that i have to wait for 3 months to make sure it was successful and then i can resume with my 2nd IVF cycle! in the meantime, i'm keeping healthy, thinking positive and living a healthy lifestyle.
Many thanks to everybody that have sent me messages asking after my health.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 7:33pm On Jan 20, 2012
@uzokan thanks for sharing your story, i am sure it will encourage so many more readers that are silent readers on nairaland and also those who post frequently.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 10:48pm On Jan 27, 2012
Went for egg collection with my wife today and everything went well, Glory be to God.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2012
pm05337:

Went for egg collection with my wife today and everything went well, Glory be to God.
Thank God everything went well. Keep us posted after the fertilized Eggy has been transfered. Wishing you BFP
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 12:12pm On Jan 28, 2012
Thanks Champs, we got update of the eggs that were fertilised as of this morning, 9 eggs were collected yesterday, 6 fertilised, we will know by Monday when the ET will take place, Monday or Wednesday, We really thank God for His grace and mercy, Wl keep you guys posted, we covet your prayers in this journey, Thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 5:32pm On Jan 28, 2012
pm 055 great news keep us undated, wishing you all the best and a BFP
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 11:33am On Feb 01, 2012
pm05337:

Thanks Champs, we got update of the eggs that were fertilised as of this morning, 9 eggs were collected yesterday, 6 fertilised, we will know by Monday when the ET will take place, Monday or Wednesday, We really thank God for His grace and mercy, Wl keep you guys posted, we covet your prayers in this journey, Thanks
Any update yet?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 12:09pm On Feb 01, 2012
@ champs, we had ET done on Monday, 2 very good embryos was transferred, the others will be frozen for future use. BFP next week by His grace, Thanks guys for your prayers and support, I pray that all our pending prayer requests will be answered speedily this new month and year in Jesus' name. Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by waistbead: 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2012
Pm053 great news,a baby will make luv stronger,days shorter,nite longer,bank account smaller,home happier,cloths shabbier,the past forgotten,and the future worth living for.wishing u all the best and a BFP amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 12:49pm On Feb 01, 2012
pm05337:

@ champs, we had ET done on Monday, 2 very good embryos was transferred, the others will be frozen for future use. BFP next week by His grace, Thanks guys for your prayers and support, I pray that all our pending prayer requests will be answered speedily this new month and year in Jesus' name. Amen
That is a very great news. Hoping for the best valentine gift for you,which is a BIG FAT POSITIVE, be ready to carry your twins.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 1:24pm On Feb 01, 2012
Amen!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ipio(f): 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2012
Congratulations,dis is gudnews in dis new year,be sure its positive already.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Feb 02, 2012

i have smth i want to share with u all and i need ur opinion coz i m quite confused
i dont know if anyone has heard of Medical ART in Lagos or know of anyone who has. anyway, my husband and i want to go in for ivf, but he wants it done in India. he feels the success rate in nigeria is not encouraging and we all know its a lot of money. my dillema is i am thorn between going to India due to costs of accomodation, hospital bills and flight (to and fro) and doing it here in Nigeria. please make una help me o. i really need ur opinion on this one
[quote][/quote]

@Omagemi:
Congrats on your decision to try ivf abroad. Our IVF clinics here are nothing to write home about apart from a few. Its just your money they are interested in not the your welfare (that's story for another day). If you are trying to cut cost, Egypt should be your best bet as they have proven records of high success rate. The cost of IVF there is about N300k when you convert it. You can find 3-4 star hotels of $30 there and the beauty of the clinic is that they will give you a list of all the tests you need to run before coming over so you don't need to stay more than 3 weeks. Funny enough, all their Docs are UK and US trained professors and they started IVF in egypt. Some of my colleagues got their bfp there but with the recent Arab uprising, I really don't know how safe Egypt is now. You can write the clinic directly for cost and any other information. Their website is www.egyptianivfcenter.com. Good luck!

@Pm053337
Congrats on your wife's transfer. I'm always very happy when I see husbands taking the lead in resolving fertility issues in the home. It gives me joy that our country is gradually embracing change. Congrats and I'm putting you seriously in my prayers that all your effort will not be in vain IJN. Just tell your wife to relax this period and take her cyclogest and folic acid religiously. On behalf of all TTC mothers, I say a BIG thank you for supporting her, its not easy and God will reward you abundantly for this.

@Psalm23, Allycat, Blendy77, Osiyemia and You (my friend in Georges, dont know your profile name on NL except your real names, you know yourself!), I say a very big thank you for all the support, care and advice during my ordeal. It wasn't easy o but I'm very fine now by His grace and its my prayer that all of us will smile this year 2012. It will not pass us by. For those who have already succeeded, a BIG congrats to you and for those of us still in God's waiting room, I say your testimony is near, just keep trying and don't give up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 3:04pm On Feb 03, 2012
@ Rust2000, Amen, I am humbled by your mail, God bless you
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 3:11pm On Feb 03, 2012
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sadze: 9:36am On Feb 07, 2012
hi psalm 93,having read through all the thread u wrote i cant just leavewithout saying anything, i happen to have done ivf here in us and thank God i have my 16 month old boy with me now. i pray that very soon u too will share this kind of testimony. right now im back with my Doc to start another cycle. if u have any question pls feel free to ask me , and i think we can also compare idea. p . s I'm here in the states.
pslm23:

Thank you uzokan. Your story is really encouraging. I'm not giving up on this journey as I know this year will be my year of laughter but first i have to make sure all my "t's" are crossed and "i's" dotted.
I have my tubal surgery scheduled for the first week of Feb. After that i have to wait for 3 months to make sure it was successful and then i can resume with my 2nd IVF cycle! in the meantime, i'm keeping healthy, thinking positive and living a healthy lifestyle.
Many thanks to everybody that have sent me messages asking after my health.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2012
I thank God for a forum like this, we'v been ttcing for about 8yrs now. We'v been trying both orthodox and traditional medicine to no avail n we decided to go for ivf last year. we had egg collection on 17/09/11 n 2 A- grade embryoes were transfered on the 19th. The 14days waiting period was very traumatic, my wife didnt go out nor do anything, she took her cyclogest very religiously. We virtually turned into prayer warriors by force. On the 3rd of Oct she tested positive for preg. Our joy knew no bound and we were asked to come back in 2weeks time for u/s scan. When we showed up on the said time, the heartbeat wasnt found but there was an embryonic sac seen. He adviced us to come back in another 2weeks, along the line my wife had some droppings, well when we eventually showed up, another u/s scan was done n this time the sac was empty and the doctor adviced us to discontinue all the early preg medications, that it was that droppings time that we lost the preg. I 've just paid for the 2nd cycle, pls beloved pray for us, this time i've already told the doc to put atleast 3 embryoes in there, pls uphold us in your prayers, i 'll update you guys by God's grace. Wishing everbody all the BEST.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pslm23(f): 2:45pm On Feb 07, 2012
@inwangobio, it is well IJN! I don't think the doctors will have any problems transferring 3. You and your wife are in my prayers!
@sadze, thanks for you kind words. As soon as I start my second IVF cycle I will make sure I communicate with you often. It will be nice to compare notes. I pray you get a BFP this cycle too.
God bless all TTC'ing out there. It doesn't matter what means you are using to achieve a pregnancy, we are all in the same boat. i pray 2012 gives us our heart desires and bundles of joy! Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 3:36pm On Feb 07, 2012
@pslms23, AMEN and thanks alot, i must confess u r really an encouragement to us, God bless u real good. yea he said he will do just dat, my wife's CD21 will be on d 11th, so d stimulation will start dat day, i cant wait to share d goodnews with everybody here cos dis time around we must succeed in Jesus mighty name, AMEN.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2012
@inwangobio you are in my prayers
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sadze: 7:58pm On Feb 07, 2012
@psalm23 it is well. dont worry now is the time and i pray that by this time next year you will be carying your own bundle of joy ijn. ill surely get back to you as soon as i start'.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 11:43am On Feb 09, 2012
pm05337:

Any update for us yet?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2012
No update yet, 2ww is almost over, I will update you guys by Monday by God's grace, Thanks Champs for checking up, All will be well!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 4:14pm On Feb 13, 2012
Bump
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 8:35am On Feb 14, 2012
@All, HPT shows negative, but we believe it's BFP by faith, blood test to be done,
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 8:39am On Feb 14, 2012
We are all beleiving its positive, i have shared this story befor and ill share it again, when i was pregnant with my son who is now 18 months, I did not get a positive line until i was 11 weeks and even then the line was so faint, so blood is definetly the way to go. Baby dust to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.