Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,399 members, 7,853,774 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:57 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (58) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1290942 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 11:01pm On Jun 27, 2013
Fruitful ruby: Hello people,
I am new to the group and have been blessed with the testimonies ave read and all the information people have willingly shared.i am equally happy that I have people that share and understand what it's like to be waiting on God for the fruit of the womb.
I have been tic for the past 5years,had a miscarriage in 2011 and have not conceived since then.
Prior to then I have had 4failed icsi which is what I will not wish my enemy.
I have had poor responses to all my procedures ,producing a maximum of 5 embryos ! My Doctor is God fearing,understanding and concerned about our plight.

We are thinking of going through another cycle however haven't made up our mind on the hospital to use as it won't be advisable to use same hospital where I hve experienced 3failed cycles.
I was diagnosed with fibroids although they are less than 3cm and located outside the womb,polyps,recurrent UTI which a doctor said may be due to retroverted womb. cry.
The good thing is that I have so much faith that this year 2013 will surely be my year of testimonies.

I want to find out if there's any test that can be done to identify reasons for implantation failure,2-how to increase my embryos response to treatment ,3- I have heard of a Dr Emeka and Dr Ikeh on this blog,please what is the name of their hospital?does anyone know the success rate of Rodding Hospital lagos?

My tubes are clear as I have done hcg and laproscopy recently.
Thanks and may Almighty God grant each and every one of us our desires speedily as his word says he shall satisfy our mouths early with his mercies
@fruitful ruby,if your tubes are fine maybe u shld try IUI first ,usually with open tubes abroad,they do ovulation induction first,den IUI before IVF or ICSI,whatever u choose to do pls pray and trust God,he's the giver of all gifts
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by camrygmail: 11:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
Tishe, Ticha and Buccacious congratulations and Thanks to God almighthy. He deserves all our praise.

lol @ pinkmama post.

Inwanigbo baba ibeta,I hope you are getting ready for the diaper changing, sleep deprived stage. Am sure you are more than ready. God bless them.

Blendy, how has it been with going back to work? I returned to work when my baby was 3months old. Luckily my mum and mom in law have been around to take care of her during day so she has not experienced day care yet. DId you take the twins to Day care? or you have help at home.

God's blessing to all those in the process of IVF/IUI.

Pslm 23 it is been a while. I hope you are doing well and rising above all challenges.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:39am On Jun 28, 2013
Camry its not been easy but God has been faithful. I was lucky to resume when my babies were close to 5months, just last week. Am not really a fan of daycare for babies who cannot speak yet. Maybe nex year sept when they will be close to 2, will put them in creche. I got an elsderly nanny, a maid and one of my small cousin who just finished junior waec just to put an eye on them. My mum still works and she's already taken her leave to stay with us when I put to bed. You're very blessed to have both your mum and mum in law around o, arent u lucky? Though I close at 2pm and get home around 2.40 so somehow, we've all been coping. my love and kisses to ur lil daughter.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 1:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
When I came here today, I saw camrygmails post and also asking about pslam23 the pioneer of this thread. I decided to do a little saerch on pslam23 and I got to read about her divorced in the family section. I wept reading about divorce. I pray God blesses her with her heart desire and give her another chance. Below is a quote from one of her post. So touching. I found myself thinking about her all morning.
"I got a lot of love and prayers on this forum and I
thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
As for my journey to have a child, all i can say is
this, as the sun rises and sets, my heart desire to
be a mother will surely be a reality!
Much love!"

4 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by egariyi(f): 2:33pm On Jun 29, 2013
Bucacious: Hello everybody, so good to ne back on the forum. Congrats to all those that just got bfp. Wishing you all a stress free 9months IJN. The devil raised his ugly head as usual oo but thanks be to God that he has been put under my feet where he belongs. Will share my testimony in due time. I want to say a big thank you to all those that sent me emails amd those that congratulated me. God bless you and for those still in the waiting room,this is your yr in Jesus name. I actually did my ivf at regenesis just like blendy said. Dr ekeh is so gud and patient too. Cost of ivf wit him is btw 350-450k excluding drugs. I don't want to hype any doc but his success rate isn't bad at all. I spent abt 160k for my own drugs. I think this depends on age and how well you respond to the drugs. Honestly my case was a miracle coz I got 9eggs of which only 3 wgere looking fairly ok! Tot of cancelling the procedure but honestly, my doc help build my faith and I proceeded. He suggested day 2 transfer to me coz of my egg quality and I was actually the only one dat did day 2 transfer amongst the six of us dat did transfer that day. My embies where 2grade 4 and one grade 3 so they weren't looking too gud but God is faithful. 2 of them took! For those that don't av issues like blocked tubes or mfi I will suggest iui with dr ekeh. His result for iui is simply amazing!wen I did my procedure,5 oda women did iui and honestly,4 od them got bfp! Like I said earlier, i DONT WANT TO HYPE HIM OOOO! But you can give him a try if u want low cost and effective fertility treatment. His iui is abt 160k drug inclusive. Moreso, he has all the time in the world for his patient. There were days I had to book my appointment for after service on sundays and he is always there caling and waiting. Above all,God is d giver of children and He said there shall be no male or female barren amongst you. So, he would give all of us our desired children IJN.

For IUI, do you know the semen analysis used. what if the male has 15% motility with excellent uterus? Planning to do a procedure also.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:38pm On Jul 01, 2013
VENUSS: When I came here today, I saw camrygmails post and also asking about pslam23 the pioneer of this thread. I decided to do a little saerch on pslam23 and I got to read about her divorced in the family section. I wept reading about divorce. I pray God blesses her with her heart desire and give her another chance. Below is a quote from one of her post. So touching. I found myself thinking about her all morning.
"I got a lot of love and prayers on this forum and I
thank you all from the bottom of my heart!
As for my journey to have a child, all i can say is
this, as the sun rises and sets, my heart desire to
be a mother will surely be a reality!
Much love!"

Psalm23 is fine and coping very well. Divorce is not something we pray for but when it happens like it did in her case, we just have to let go and leave the rest to God. God who sees her heart will definitely grant her that which she so desire. All hope is not lost yet.

Meanwhile for those of us who desire to use regenesis hospital, please be very careful and follow your mind. Reports reaching us from my friends who I told to use the place for economic reasons was not so pleasant as its believed the Dr convinces his clients to use donor sperm even with clients who dont have azospermia issues just to improve his BFP records. A friend of mine whose husband had 12million count and 60% motility was being persuaded to use donor sperm by the so called Dr Ekeh. If your hubby"s count is low, ivf/icsi is your best bet or better still TESE if its been ascertain that fluid can be gotten through TESE but dont allow any Dr talk u into using donor fluid when its not an agreement between u and ur hubby because when the wahala will start later, the Dr wont be there to help u. I dont have an issue if the man is aware that he cannot produce viable fluids and agrees with his wife to use donor but when u do it behind his back and he finds out 2moro that the child is not his, he wont even remember u did ivf. So my people, if you're going there, pls follow your mind and if possible repeat ur SFA else where if he claims u need donor due to azospermia issues.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iykmau(f): 9:07pm On Jul 01, 2013
@Blendy thanks so much for that information. Is adhered to. How is your presidos hope they're fine.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 02, 2013
Gbam confirmed, I rushed there when I got some informations from here, seeing my hubby's count he advised nothing but a donor, how can? I couldn't tell my hubby cos he will say I wan go collect pesin kpekus. I was convinced its not of God and had to stop going there. At least he has sperm in him, why suggesting donor? He even told me if am ready and don't want to be induced he will just insert the sperm into me and would cost just 15k, that some women do it there n get get bfp in a week. I ran fatser my legs could take me.

With 12million sperm, IUI is even possible in some very good clinics, they will wash the sperm and seperate the most mobile onces from the slow once, the only thing they will collect a very good volume from the man so that the process won't reduce what they need and then insert into the woman what is needed.

He told me of one pesin who got triplet for it. If both couple don't agree I beg, fleeeeee. Better to spend 1m and be happy (when kids resemble your hubby does he need a DNA?), than 450k with kids that doesn't look like the mother or the father and have pains in the end.

Someone here said her hubby was placed on treatment to boost his fluid before the procedure and she got her bfp in fertil aid, abi is that not a clinic? Dr Eke is good from my experience with him but he is not getting it right at alllllll with his donor prefered, abi he is using his akamu for it?

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2013
Ha ha! This isn't good at all. This Doctor needs to repent o.
@reedemersave. Am sure its his akamu o because its so cheap. IMO I think he thinks he is trying to help couples but his doing it so so wrong.
You know, its cases like this that makes some pple scared of going for ivf and co. Cos there are many "what ifs" eg " what if my eggs or sper m is switched with another persons". God is in Control o.
@ blendy and co, pls at what stage in my procedure should I ask for a progesterone test. Though I personally did a lab test on my own and found out my progesterone is very low. So should I jjust tell my clinic about it so that they can up my dose injectable and suppositories or I should have them run another test just befor or after my transfer?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 2:17pm On Jul 02, 2013
i've been holding myself from posting since y'day when i saw blendy's post.I am so heartbroken,what this tells me is that he can use any stored semen or even egg of patient a for patient b,God this has to pass o looks like everyone is just an opportunist
It's ok to use donor sperm with consent of the parents but why convince patients that have relatively good sperm,is it that he can't do the work of sorting the good from the bad or what?I rest my case.

Everyone take care
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:42am On Jul 03, 2013
VENUSS: Ha ha! This isn't good at all. This Doctor needs to repent o.
@reedemersave. Am sure its his akamu o because its so cheap. IMO I think he thinks he is trying to help couples but his doing it so so wrong.
You know, its cases like this that makes some pple scared of going for ivf and co. Cos there are many "what ifs" eg " what if my eggs or sper m is switched with another persons". God is in Control o.
@ blendy and co, pls at what stage in my procedure should I ask for a progesterone test. Though I personally did a lab test on my own and found out my progesterone is very low. So should I jjust tell my clinic about it so that they can up my dose injectable and suppositories or I should have them run another test just befor or after my transfer?

I dont think you need to request personally for a pregesterone test in ur ivf procedure. The fact that u're on busserelin means progesterone must be given to u because every natural hormone in ur body has been put on hold as a result of this drug. Just before ET, a scan will be performed to see how ur endometrium is responding to whatever progesterone u're given and if they feel you need additional supplements, they might decide to add injectables to cyclogests. Though some people respond very well to cyclogests while others dont but its believed the injectables (PIO) are better just more painful since its oil.

redeemersave: Gbam confirmed, I rushed there when I got some informations from here, seeing my hubby's count he advised nothing but a donor, how can? I couldn't tell my hubby cos he will say I wan go collect pesin kpekus. I was convinced its not of God and had to stop going there. At least he has sperm in him, why suggesting donor? He even told me if am ready and don't want to be induced he will just insert the sperm into me and would cost just 15k, that some women do it there n get get bfp in a week. I ran fatser my legs could take me.

With 12million sperm, IUI is even possible in some very good clinics, they will wash the sperm and seperate the most mobile onces from the slow once, the only thing they will collect a very good volume from the man so that the process won't reduce what they need and then insert into the woman what is needed.

He told me of one pesin who got triplet for it. If both couple don't agree I beg, fleeeeee. Better to spend 1m and be happy (when kids resemble your hubby does he need a DNA?), than 450k with kids that doesn't look like the mother or the father and have pains in the end.

Someone here said her hubby was placed on treatment to boost his fluid before the procedure and she got her bfp in fertil aid, abi is that not a clinic? Dr Eke is good from my experience with him but he is not getting it right at alllllll with his donor prefered, abi he is using his akamu for it?

Na wa my Sister. So the Dr did it to u too? Heard he is good but trying to convince patients to use donor when nothing is wrong with their hubby's sperm is where I have issues with him. Why the urge to use donor? A friend of mine ran away from there cos she kept argueing with him that she would prefer to do ICSI than use donor but the Dr kept persuading her to use donor. The man tire me sha because when I heard, I also asked her jokingly if the man is not using his fluid and sowing his seed in people's body all in the name of helping them have children? Cos this donor madness is really frightening.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Jessiepaul2007: 1:30pm On Jul 03, 2013
Hi,
Thank you very much for sharing your story... that was really very informative...
I have also delivered a baby by ICSI treatment... we had tried 4 IUI'S which was a failure... there was no motility in my husbands's sperm, later the doctor figured this out and now we have our genetic baby...
don't think what people will think about you, or your baby which is born through IVF, still it is also God's creation, for some it naturally happens, for some we have to make it happen... there is nothing wrong in doing IVF, people will speak 1000 things, finally it is you and your husband who need to decide... After seeing our baby all the things we went through is totally forgotten, we thank god for our son...
Actually i did my treatment in Srushti Fertility Centre, India... it is very genuine centre and the doctor really have very good hands and lucky, she is very dedicated and loving... Compared to all other places, here the treatment is very cheap, it costs only half of what they ask in other places... since i have gone through all details everywhere, i just thought i should inform anyone who needs help...
Before going to any doctor, anywhere and wasting lot of money i suggest anyone to go to Srushti Fertility Centre, India... I am telling this out of my personal experience...
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pokompakam: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hw mch is it jessiepaul at dis indian clinic, so can den analyse d added cost travelling to india.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 10:05pm On Jul 04, 2013
redeemersave: Gbam confirmed, I rushed there when I got some informations from here, seeing my hubby's count he advised nothing but a donor, how can? I couldn't tell my hubby cos he will say I wan go collect pesin kpekus. I was convinced its not of God and had to stop going there. At least he has sperm in him, why suggesting donor? He even told me if am ready and don't want to be induced he will just insert the sperm into me and would cost just 15k, that some women do it there n get get bfp in a week. I ran fatser my legs could take me.

Years ago, i watched a movie (true story) where a fertility doctor was doing just that, using his sperm for treatment. all the children conceived during that period wore patch on the eyes. He was sued when one lady smelled a rat. She had a son from the treatment.

The doctor was convicted.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 04, 2013
@Blendy, yes ooo, he did that to me ooo. I tell you I was seriously tempted to accept it, when I mean seriously I was, I meant it. I thought and thought until something told me, whatever you do in your marriage outside your hubby's knowledge is sin, I don't want useless confession and restitution later, so I had to prayerfully deliver myself from the thought and I know well hubby won't accept a donor. We are fit for ivf and worst come to worst icsi. Pls help me with how I can get south africa clinic addy, I mailed them but no reply. Have started making savings towards it and in few months I should go for it. I want triplet ooooo, do south africa do transfer of three embryo? Pls give me contact of that clinic. Am afraid to do my icsi with regenesis.

To say he is good is not an exgeration, he is good, his iui is perfect cos of the method he uses, he call it 'in to in' method, and he will insert it first day, second day, to meet up with all the chances, that's why iui with him is good, if anyone wants to try iui with him, pls concince him for your dh fluid I beg. He is not also too bent on donor oooo, he only bring it up when he notice your dh fluid is kinda low. So any one can give him a try.

Another thing I notice is that he is too security conscious. Gate always locked, must call him before going and all. Abeg, am not spoiling market ooo, but he is good and well learned. Think he is trained in canada.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Hmm
There should be ethics surrounding ART.

Unless he has some formal donor fluid system then its not right.

People ttc are vulnerable, pressing the case of donor fluid to patients is unethical. Its as bad as those women who give women babies that only their scans can detect(yet d babies are stolen)

Just because someone has good intentions doesn't make it right.

What happens if the child needs bblood transfusion in d future
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:28am On Jul 05, 2013
[quote author=redeemersave]@Blendy, yes ooo, he did that to me ooo. I tell you I was seriously tempted to accept it, when I mean seriously I was, I meant it. I thought and thought until something told me, whatever you do in your marriage outside your hubby's knowledge is sin, I don't want useless confession and restitution later, so I had to prayerfully deliver myself from the thought and I know well hubby won't accept a donor. We are fit for ivf and worst come to worst icsi. Pls help me with how I can get south africa clinic addy, I mailed them but no reply. Have started making savings towards it and in few months I should go for it. I want triplet ooooo, do south africa do transfer of three embryo? Pls give me contact of that clinic. Am afraid to do my icsi with regenesis.

I cant find their contact again in my box. Seems I deleted all their emails after I got my bfp but Moyinoluwa should be able to help out as I was able to link her to a colleague who got her bfp through them. Moyin pls post their contact here for those who need it to get in touch with them.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 12:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
@redeemersave na wah o,na real wah,unfortunately this people are not regulated.This is ridiculous but God dey.

SA to the best of my knowledge does not do more than 2 embies o,infact the two people i know that went there did theirs when they were over 40 and they both said the FS insisted on 2 thankfully they both conceived with two but and one had a set of twins and the other had one cos she lost one.
There are so many clinics in SA but the three that i think are popular are :
Medfem fertility in Jo'burg(The most expensive)about 50,000zar I think this with ICSI though
Cape town fertility cape town abt 38,000zar
Vitalab clinic Jo'burg(not sure)
Google them and send a mail they will respond

God is able

The people i know used cape town and medfem
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2013
@redeemersave please see below:

Dr Nomathamsanqa Matebese
Specialist in Reproductive Medicine
CAPE FERTILITY CLINIC
209 Library square, Wilderness Road
Claremont, 7708, South Africa
Pr: 0152358
HPCSA: MP 0412317
T: +27 21 674 2088
F: +27 21 671 2709
E: tmatebese@capefertilityclinic.co.za
http://www.capefertilityclinic.co.za
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
Hello Blendy, thanks so much.

@Tanidabi, thanks for the address, have mailed cape fertility. God bless you.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by hernyhorla: 10:35am On Jul 06, 2013
@Blendy, i sent you a mail but it bounced back. How are u and the boys? Sure u are fine.

Just want to appreciate u
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tyin: 3:03pm On Jul 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
@tyin
She shared her experience so I believe she is a witness in her own right. Since u were not there when she met with him u can't discredit her.

Stop making every difference of opinion slander.

My point of view is that we need ethics and regulation about
ART in Nigeria

Its bad enough that people are taking clomid on selfmedication
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
@redemersave, just saw ur question on S/A. The information provided by Tanidabi is correct.

They should come back to you with forms for medical history and required test results.

The review of history and results take about a month for them to give you specific details and cost tailored to your procedure
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tontolo: 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2013
Well, I Av used regenesis (dr. Norbert) for iui, even though it failed . I like the doctor, he is attentive to all you Av to say. He gives suggestions but to me he has never imposed, I Av friend who had male factor problem too but he never imposed on her, All he does is give you options. The gate is always open except for the big gate which is reasonable to be locked when not in use.Av never had to call before going in. He believes that patient is king as he was trained in the UK and Canada. I believe their was a misunderstanding in communication.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2013
hello @ tyin, how slanderous is my post to the person of Dr Eke? no i did not in any way defame his person pls, i only narated my experience, the option of donor must not be on one visit/consultation. we are all here to encourage one another, though a faceless site but i have learnt alot from people here and have drawn strength too so many times.

what do i stand to gain to defame, money, fame? for which i had that experience last year and i did not come here to say anything about it, i only confirmed when someone else posted something like that.

i also said, his iui is very good with the method he uses, i did not forget to say he is good too, so how defaming is my post or discouraging? well, maybe you just over reacting anyway but my post on my experience is needed so that when anyone has to go there he/she will; be able to discuss a better option than donor if possible.

i also mentioned he is not imposing it but would first give a donor option when you hubby's fluid is low, so my sister, read my post again oooo. like the one of 12million is that not a good fluid to use?

@Moyin, thanks so much, have not heard from them, still waiting.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:35am On Jul 08, 2013
hernyhorla: @Blendy, i sent you a mail but it bounced back. How are u and the boys? Sure u are fine.

Just want to appreciate u

kpele my sister. maybe the email addy u used wasnt correct cos i've been receiving emails with it. its ruonar2000@yahoo.com. The boys are doing great. Thks!

tyin: @redeemersave, why don't you explain to us what he did to you? Is it a crime for a doctor to suggest to you all options available for your choice based on your record and financial capacity? I know Dr. Nobert very well and he would never insist nor impose a donor sperm on you or anybody. Let's be careful and sincere of what we say and write abt others so as not to sin against God (slandering) and cause others to commit sin as well. To set the record straight, Regenesis gate is ALWAYS open to all. And Dr. Ekeh performs iui, ivf and icsi based on patient's choice. The donor sperm is an alternative for couple that doesn't mind and ve had failed ivf cycles with male issues. These sperms are donated by some tested and trusted donors (ages 20-35) and not frm the Dr as you insinuated. At Regenesis, IUI is 160k, IVF is 350k (exludes drugs) while ICSI is 450k (excludes drugs).
Do not discourage others frm trying the clinic because you don't want/ like what dr suggested to you.
Pls, let pple that have tried Regenesis bear me witness!

Tyin,I brought it up because peeps need to be aware of his modus operandi so they dont fall victim. I have like 2 of my friends and a relative who had the same experience. Infact, one of them is a nairalander and I"ve asked her to share her experience here. When my Sis in law first visited him, without conducting SFA on the hubby, he already started convincing her about donor sperm and how she doesnt need to spend too much money on ivf or icsi since her tubes are good. She refused and when she eventually visited with her hubby, he still mentioned it even after the SFA result came out and it wasnt that bad. Same with the other nairalander. Infact her own case was just last week hence I decided to put it up. The guy might be good and very cheap but trying to convince women to use donor sperm without their hubby knowing is unethical. And when a patient has refused ur offer and you still bring it up in presence of their spouse is really bad. Some couples might eventually need donor egg or sperm in the cause of their treatment but its up to them to decide. Its not in the place of any Dr to try to convince any gullible woman to use donor especially when their count is not so bad and they have told u they can afford ICSI.
I had to bring it up here because I encouraged a lot of people, friends, colleagues and family to try him because of the price and success rate and if something is wrong, they need to be informed as well so they can take a firm stand when he tries talking them into using donor fluid. If u're very close to the Dr, pls advise him from doing that because he will only end up running down his business. I talk to my Doc when people complain especially about price, so pls do the same if u have his interest at heart.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyabeji14: 11:01pm On Jul 08, 2013
I really want to appreciate everybdy in this forum,I have been a silent reader for a very long time and have drawn enough strenght from people experiences and how God eventually brought solutions. TTC is really a very difficult/painfull experience but I tell you once solution comes you will surely forget the past.

I have also fall victim of some insensitive Dortors that leads to waste of money/time,If each one of us shared his/her experience, it will put the Doctors on their toes and It will also make us discover the right places to go and stands to take even when we are presented with options that will not favour us.

For me the next Dr. I will try is Norbert, since you all testify that the guy is good and for economic reasons.

Blendy77 you are doing a great Job in this forum,even after you got your's solution, you did not logout, you still continue to pull others out of the pit of barrenness. God will surely bless you and your family.

For those that have pass through the IVF procedure, did you hire a nurse to inject you or you did it by yourself in the confort of your room. Because I stay in Kaduna coming to Lagos for this treatment means I will need to come back with the Injections. pls enlighten me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Bucacious: 8:08am On Jul 09, 2013
Hi, I read a lot about dr ekeh, p,s he isn't like dat. I had my procedure there and he never imposed any kind of treatment to me though he gave me all available options! Pls,try and make adequate findings abt any doc. I had ivf treatment there recently and it was positive. Though I just miscarried at 10weeks but it is well. I haven't been commenting coz I was actually waiting to be strong and resume work to do so. Well as per the miscarriage, I still bless God coz I av been ableto conceive which is a big achievement for me. I did naturally 2yrs ago and another with ivf dis yr. I believe strongly that only God is the giver of children and his word says 'u can not cast ur young before its time'. So for me wen it happened, I knw God knws abt it and has a reason for it to happen. The best children he has for me is just by the corner! As for doc ekeh, he isn't like dat. For anyone dat chooses to use donor sperm,I think its exclusively the pers biz even if she conceieves quadruplets!

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:48am On Jul 09, 2013
Buccacious so sorry to learn about your miscarriage. Kpele my Sister, it is well. What happened na? Were u under stress of any kind? How did happen? Pls share with us when u have the energy so others can learn. Thank God for your faith. I pray God will bless u with double this time around for all ur troubles. It is well! cry cry cry

iyabeji14:
I really want to appreciate everybdy in this forum,I have been a silent reader for a very long time and have drawn enough strenght from people experiences and how God eventually brought solutions. TTC is really a very difficult/painfull experience but I tell you once solution comes you will surely forget the past.

I have also fall victim of some insensitive Dortors that leads to waste of money/time,If each one of us shared his/her experience, it will put the Doctors on their toes and It will also make us discover the right places to go and stands to take even when we are presented with options that will not favour us.

For me the next Dr. I will try is Norbert, since you all testify that the guy is good and for economic reasons.

Blendy77 you are doing a great Job in this forum,even after you got your's solution, you did not logout, you still continue to pull others out of the pit of barrenness. God will surely bless you and your family.

For those that have pass through the IVF procedure, did you hire a nurse to inject you or you did it by yourself in the confort of your room. Because I stay in Kaduna coming to Lagos for this treatment means I will need to come back with the Injections. pls enlighten me.

Babes the injections are not difficult to take. the hospital will teach u how to go about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.