Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,218 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1279891 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 4:19pm On Aug 22, 2013
@pikinmama, trust now as a proper Ibibio man we no dey carry last for cooking levels but where d time to cook? But e get one of my nephews where dey stay wit us, him sabi cook die, I dey tellam make him no go spoil him wife, lol. Thanks so much for checking on us but abeg make u no dey too tay like dis again. We need all those your encouraging words.
@safe06,u better change, if no be so I go stop being your brother.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 22, 2013
This is simply Wonders.com. @ Gimnato congrats. What a mighty God we serve. U will carry to term. @ Pikinmama, hahahaa, i beg u need am jari. In fact na three u go born now, two girls n one boy. So that e go be draw. Nobody go win. Lol. May God grant you ur heart desire.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sadhana29: 10:19am On Aug 23, 2013
Hi,, I had married and could not conceive naturally for about 3 years of continuous ttc. There was problem in my husbands sperm quality and the count. Then i had to go for infertility treatment. But luck did not work out there. I had 3 failed IUI's. since, i am from India then i decided to flew India on long leave for the treatment.
I undergone treatment in a fertility centre in Chennai. Chennai is a very good option to go for infertility treatments. There i met Samundi mam the doctor. initially i said my problem, she analysed my problem and started IVF. First cycle did not got succeeded. She said my age is the problem. I was 35 at that time. Then to the Gods grace i conceived in second cycle.
Luckily i got my dream child lucky. I am happy with my husband and with my lucky.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 11:30am On Aug 23, 2013
@Sadhana29,Congratulations on baby luchy, may God give u all u & ur dh all u need to take care of him.

@All, pls. some one asked me this question and i do not know the
answer, since i did not have a failed ivf,
the question is: how long does it take for period to come back after a failed ivf/icsi?
pls i need urgent response so dat i can reply her. tanx.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by petb: 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2013
CONGRATULATIONS to d BFP Winners in house, @ blendy77, pikinmama , nwangogio and all d good people of dis forum that God is using to encourage us una weldone o, whatever God has done in ur life shall be permanent IJN.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2013
pikinmama: @Sadhana29,Congratulations on baby luchy, may God give u all u & ur dh all u need to take care of him.

@All, pls. some one asked me this question and i do not know the
answer, since i did not have a failed ivf,
the question is: how long does it take for period to come back after a failed ivf/icsi?
pls i need urgent response so dat i can reply her. tanx.
I had one failed and one miscarried so I think I can answer the question. It came few days after the bfn result and I bled for about a week(very painful period I must confess). For the miscarried one, it came after a wk of my bfp and I bled for more than a month. It also varies, it depends on the body and circumstance I believe. In some cases, it came out a month or couple of months after, in others, it came out immediately after the negative result. Hope I answered your question Pikinmama?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Honiepie24: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2013
@iwangobio congratulations on ur triplet,@blendy congrats on ur twin.may God perfect his wok on us all.pls i hv a question,can someone who hasnt got fertility issues go on clomid?
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 11:29am On Aug 24, 2013
@Nogen, thanks a million for answeering me, i will copy this and send it to her.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 11:36am On Aug 24, 2013
PikinMama, it depends on the period we are referring to here. If the period in question is the very first period after the procedure and bfn, one week latest the period should come. If it doesn't come, please tell the person to repeat the pregnancy test as she could be possibly pregnant. I have seen 2 ivf cases like that. One of them my church member who was even carrying twins. It kept showing BFN till about 12wks and the ivf was done @ the Bridge clinic. They cod only see the pregnancy thru scan after she had gone back to complain that her period still hasn't com after the bfn result.
However if its subsequent period after that very first period of the procedure u're refering to, that one is quite relative as it depends on the person's body. It could take as much as 3m for her period to come and become normal gradually because of all the plenty busserelin that she's been given to put her normal cycle on hold. For me, my first 2 ivf,the 2nd period took over 2months to come. My 3rd, 4th and 5th failed ivf were different because I was on metformin so the periods came like one month after the first one.

@Honeypie24, clomid is actually a prescription drug and its better taken when u're being monitored by a Dr. However people still take it to boost their chances even with normal ovulation. Though its good but it doesn't work for everyone as eggs not ruptured during ovulation could turn to ovarian cysts. So don't make it a ritual. As in if u take it one cycle, avoid it like 2cycles after as its absorbed in the blood stream so its still working in ur system even when u abstain from it the next cycle. In all, talk to ur Doc.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Barbey: 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hello good ppl in d house. Pls can some share experiences on Trucare ivf as how good the doctors are, cost of treatment, how caring they are and anything one needs to know about them. After 2 failed cycles I want to be more careful this time. Pls all info is appreciated both positive and negative.
Thanks.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamaileri: 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Hello all, all Glory be to God for all the BFPs, I pray that this year we will all share wonderful testimonies.
@ Blendy, I went to Dr Smith he has scheduled me for HSG at Prism. Right now am so scared i was hoping i wont have to do this test.

Any one with ideas of how one should prepare for this test please share.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 12:08am On Aug 25, 2013
You will require min of 21days for longg protocol and 14days for short. Each haave their merit/de-mmerit.Dr Emekaa is good(olive branch health mgt centre), Regensis, Medical art all in Lagos. I read recently university teaching hosp ibadan is doing ivf now u can uuse google all these info are there. Above all praay hard, go 4 deliverance if possible wt dh. Cost immplication is btw N1million _N1.5mill depending on clinic! Wish u d best! H and H to all bfp-ers in d house Gimnaeto I tap into ur testimony God is great n ccongrats babes!
Fruitful mum: Goodmorning mamas

Pls am thinking ivf now although am scheduled for a laparoscopy by september after which I wouldn't even wait but straight to ivf.

I am tired of all this wahala.I have been pregnant before like 5 to 6yrs ago although I wasn't ready so I terminated it God have mercy upon me.

Did an appendix removal a year after now I have been trying different story from doctors

1.Pcos now am okay.
I'm typiing. With my pphon n pretty hard as I fixed my nailse2.Right hydrosalpinx and left blocked tube.

Am so frustrated although my inlaws have no started raising eye brows but I know once they start na fire I dey use play.

Pls my question is how much shld I budget for ivf and what is the best centre to do it cos I stay in lbadan but don mind going to lag for it moreover how many days off work would I need for this process.

Thank u all and God bless u as u contribute
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Honiepie24: 7:31am On Aug 25, 2013
Thank you @ blendy,actually theres no fertility issues jus wish to increase the possibility of hvin multiple birth(twins),@sadhana congratulations on baby lucky.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Honiepie24: 7:42am On Aug 25, 2013
Mornin peepz.pls cud yu check out this link,some ppl claimed it worked 4 dem wen ivf didnt.read d success stories,nd 4 d record we ve recorded bfp's here on nairaland after d product use.
http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/NTR2027.jpg
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Honiepie24: 7:44am On Aug 25, 2013
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 3:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
Happy sunday all,
@Blendy77, thanks for the response, i will send her this too, but i just pray the second words about the woman with twins that got bfn while the twins were inside her, should be her own case, cos this ttc matter is not easy, not to talk of repeating ivf again.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2013
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by iyabeji14: 9:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
Hello All, Hw ws the sunday activies.

Pls i Av a question: Can progesterone Tablet be taken immediately after ovulation for women with PCOS

because a friend told me that i may av low progesterone and taking this tablet may increase the chances of conception.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by obeyyourhealth(m): 1:13am On Aug 26, 2013
CAUSES OF INFERTILITY IN BOTH MEN AND WOMEN.

When you're hoping for a positive result on a home pregnancy test, it can be a difficult moment to receive a negative result. With television shows that highlight the lives of teens who became pregnant so easily without
even trying, and magazine covers highlighting the newest pregnancy for a mother who already has a dozen or more children, you might think getting pregnant is
much easier than it actually is. While your negative pregnancy test might be nothing more than a sign you didn't plan your intercourse accordingly this month, it may be an indication that either you or your partner
may be suffering from different causes of infertility.

Here are some causes of infertility in both men and women:

Male Infertility

Many people assume that infertility is a female problem. They might immediately wonder if the woman is the one to blame when a couple is not having any luck becoming pregnant. Traditionally, doctors believe that younger couples who have been trying for a year or more to get pregnant without any luck are infertile. For couples
older than 35, doctors begin to strongly consider infertility after six months of trying to conceive with no luck. Still, most people believe that it's the woman's Fault.

This is simply not true. In fact, approximately half of infertility problems in the U.S. are caused by the male partner in the relationship. Male infertility is caused by a
number of factors. Essentially, men must be able to produce healthy sperm, enough sperm, and correctly shaped sperm to impregnate a woman. If he cannot do one or more of those things, he likely suffers from
infertility. Health issues are the leading causes of infertility in men. Men who suffer from infection, varicocele, take certain medications, or have a hormone imbalance may suffer from infertility as these are all
medical causes of the problem. Additionally, environmental factors can affect male fertility. Exposure to heavy metals, X-rays, radiation, chemicals, and the overexposure to heat can cause male infertility.

Men's lifestyle choices can also cause infertility. Drug and alcohol use, smoking, weight, stress, and even too much bicycling can cause males to suffer from fertility
issues. Men who do suffer from infertility might not recognize any signs or symptoms right away. Aside from his partner's inability to become pregnant, other signs of male infertility include ejaculation issues, pain or
swelling in the testicles, low sperm count, and a sudden inability to grow hair on the face or body are all signs or causes ofinfertility in men.

However, a sign such as low sperm count is not one that a man will notice without medical assistance, which is
one of the main reasons why men often do not realize that they might be the reason behind a woman's inability to get pregnant.

Female Infertility

Since the invention of IVF and other fertility treatments, women who suffer from infertility issues have more options than ever before when it comes to starting a family. Infertility on the part of a woman no longer has to
mean that she cannot have a child of her own, even if she cannot carry that child. In order for you to become pregnant, you need to ovulate, have sex, and receive sperm to fertilize your eggs. Ovulation occurs when
your body releases an egg into your fallopian tubes. When it is fertilized, it moves into your uterus and you become pregnant.

The causes of infertility can vary. Most commonly, women who are infertile suffer from ovulation disorders, damaged fallopian tubes, cervical blockage, and a number of other health issues that can lead to infertility.
Women who are not fertile often do not realize they cannot conceive a child until they fail to become pregnant after trying repeatedly.

Furthermore, some women who suffer from infertility have no medical explanation for their inability to conceive and will never know why they could not have a
baby.
Much like male fertility issues, it's not until a woman repeatedly fails to become pregnant that she begins to consider she might have issues with infertility. Since it is not something you can see or that you even feel,
it might take a while to find out that infertility is something you have to live with. While some women may know they are infertile after struggles with cancer, a specific surgery, or another condition, most simply do
not know until they see their doctor regarding
the inability to conceive.

The only other sign that a woman might suffer from infertility is her menstrual cycle. The typical menstrual cycle lasts 28 days from the first day of your period until the first day of your next period. However, it is not
uncommon for many women to have a shorter or longer cycle. This does not indicate female infertility, but women whose cycles are shorter than three weeks or longer than five weeks could suffer from infertility.
This is a sign that you should consult with your doctor for further testing.

Treating infertility issues in both men and women is possible with the help of a medical professional. While not all infertility issues are curable or even treatable, many couples who face infertility are able to go on and
conceive a child of their own after one of the many forms of fertility treatment available today. For those who cannot conceive even after fertility treatments, other options are available.

For More Information, kindly visit
www.obeyyourhealth..com

Follow us on Twitter:www.twitter.com/
obeyyourhealth

Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/
obeyyourhealth
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 10:10am On Aug 26, 2013
@Akintri, Pele, It is well with you. I pray you get your natural BFP soon and for all your troubles may God give you double.

@Gimnaeto, I am so happy for you. To God be the glory. Have a stress free nine months.

@Pikinmama, thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us. May God bless you yanfu yanfu

@all the waiting sisters, our time is NOW by God's grace. Amin
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by udoka2: 10:53am On Aug 26, 2013
@iyabeji
yes it can be taken after ovulation for women with confirmed low progesterone, or else u end up lengthening your cycle. the work of progesterone is to sustain the baby when u conceive for 12wks before the placenta will take over. I will advise you do a progesterone test at day 21 to know for sure if you need the supplement, else you may be prolonging the evil day (AF day). progesterone test cost N2000 only cheesy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by ivfdaddy: 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Barbey: Hello good ppl in d house. Pls can some share experiences on Trucare ivf as how good the doctors are, cost of treatment, how caring they are and anything one needs to know about them. After 2 failed cycles I want to be more careful this time. Pls all info is appreciated both positive and negative.
Thanks.

we got a BFP with trucare on first attempt
and my wife is now @ 9 weeks
It is really an extension of Union Diagnostics
U can read up about there medical director - Dr. Olusola Akinniyi
They do blastocyst transfer so there's a better chance of a BFP
the staff though can be a bit less courteous
and they can be inflexible with appointments (problem for workin women)
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2013
Praise the Lord! Congratulations @Ivfdaddy!!! This August will continue to give us BFPs, in fact, this 2013 shall continue to bring shame to barreness and spread this BFPs to as many women and men who need children in Jesus Name! Amen!!!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by tanidabi: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2013
@ mamaileri,I have done like 4 HSG's and the last one I did @ prisms is the most painless and shortest,so just go and do it,though in my case am having different opinions on the result,Smith says its fine but two other docs are saying they can't even see anything so he wants me to do a lap,am scheduled for it in sept but I've decided to chill out,I no ready for anything now
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mamaileri: 10:22am On Aug 27, 2013
@tanidabi thanks for replying
Have gone for the HSG, it was quite painless.Doctors diagnosis says multiple fibroid (although he said the fibroids are not a problem) and the tubes look like there's a blockage. But that's the report of the doctor, the report of the Lord says I am healed and I and everyone in this thread looking up to him shall not be called barren we shall be called mothers. That is the report i choose to believe.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Barbey: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2013
Thanks ivfdaddy for the response. I'll read more about the Union Diagnostic
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mercifull(f): 2:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Who knows about deda clinic please.i need to find out cost of IUI in any of d clinics in Abj.fertil aid is 350k which is on d high side for me.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 9:03am On Aug 29, 2013
@All, reflecting on my post of 30th of last month at about 10:36am, which I said 'that I have a feeling that there will be many BFPs in the month of August'. I want to sincerely thank God for changing stories for so many this month, am delighted to know that even people who had failed ART procedure conceived naturally, and some still got it through ART. I know the same God that answered many of our people with startling testimonies this month will do it again for us in the months of September- December IJN..... Amen. Please sisters position ourselves for this move of God in this season, it is our 'SEASON OF JOY', no man can stop us.
My wife is doing very well, still on bed rest though, the vitals are very much okay, God is very faithful. Love you all my people.
@ivfdady, congratulations and I wish your wife a happy and stress-free gestation period.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by AwesomeGod: 10:59am On Aug 29, 2013
Hello beautiful mothers of children, I have been following this post for a few days now and couldn't help telling my story. I am sure it will encourage someone.
Warning: This is a long post. I apologise in advance.
I have been trying to conceive for 6 years. Between that time, I did about 3HSGs and one laparoscopy in the UK. I was diagnosed with proximal tubal blockage. I underwent surgery to open them up. One side was opened but after some time it still did not result in pregnancy. I was at St. Ives for my first IVF. Hubby and I really did not know what to expect but in retrospect, the process was handled shabbily. I was not informed of how many embryos fertilised till after the transfer and that was even when I asked. Shortly after the transfer I was made allowed to walk to pee and then to the recovery room. At both retrieval and transfer, I bled a bit. Needless to say AF came before the 2WW was over.
Sometime last year, we decided to try a hospital in Europe and the result was dismal. None fertilised. Though I believe it was a lab error and not bad fluid samples. We decided to give it a break.
My husband accidentally met a woman and told her about our challenge. She told us her sister had been to Dr Emeka and got pregnant first time. We went to see him and were very impressed. We paid for the procedure sometime around March but still had cold feet. Before then, I was introduced to a doctor in Ihiala who is very good at treating women whose challenge is not structural. He placed me on metformin and another drug that I do not recall now. They had the effect of restoring my hormonal balance. Dr Emeka would later tell me my system was like a 23 year old's (I am a few weeks shy of 38 years)
In June, we decided to go back to Dr Emeka. The same day we got there, he started my down regulation. He also gave us pregnacare and Aspirin and Wellman for DH. Every step of the way, the took us along with them. On 8th August, ER.We had 5 viable follicles that fertilised. On August 10th, (Day 2) We had the transfer of 1, AA and 2 B grade embryos. The 2 ww was more peaceful than the previous one. I had a conviction that God had answered us and so was more at peace. However, on my 14th day post ET, (24th Aug), I was too scared to go for the test. I figured that since I had not bled by then, that I had 9 months to find out so no hurry. grin.
I was reported to Dr Emeka who got in touch and encouraged me. To cut the long story short, on 26th August I went for the Blood work and it is a BFP!!! Praise God with me.
I started a healthy living regime sometime in May. I weighed about 102kg and by June I weighed 92kgs. I was not on a diet properly so called but I was being more careful- eating mostly t hings that grew on plants and in manageable quantities. I also started taking at least 3 litres of water per day and exercising. Aerobics mostly. Above all, I became sold out to Jesus. I joined in evangelism and soul winning for God. I put away strange gods from myself and my home. I believe that God came through for us because we were (DH &I) totally sold out to God.
Loads of baby dust to my sisters who are waiting in His throne room. He makes all things beautiful in His time. We will have many more testimonies on this forum.

17 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 12:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
Congrats my sister, we cant thank this God enough, I can see He is not done yet with us, many more testimonies are coming, the part that strikes me most in your post is 'I became sold out to Jesus'. Am happy that we know that TTC is more spiritual than physical, that is the point my beloved sister - pikinmama has been emphasizing. Congrats once again and I wish you a happy and healthy nine months.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 12:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
Big fat CONGRATULATIONS Awesome God. Our God is truely awesome. I wish u a stressfree and healthy 9m. God who started this journey with u will be faithhful to complete it IJN. All the best my Sister.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pm05337(m): 6:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Congratulations my sister......He that has started with you will perfect it till the end in Jesus' name....Amen

@ bros how madam and the triplets? My regards to them.....

Wifey and baby are doing well by His grace

"Sold out for Jesus" got me 100%.........and it's key for us all.....According to Matthew 6:33, .seek first the kingdom and its righteousness and every other thing will be added...Jesus speaking...

So shall it be for all of us...

My dear sisters in the waiting room you all are next in line for a miracle.....I can see everything turning around for your GOOD in Jesus's name. Amen

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.