Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1278607 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (423) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nogen: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2013
sexy cy: Thanx anyway...sticky vibes to every one. Oneday left for d pessaries...Happy new year...*sprinkling baby dust*

Happy New Year to you too. Is your two weeks wait over? Have you gone for the blood test at your hospital? If you have not gone, please do buy pessaries and continue using them until your doctor says stop. Sometimes, the ones you get from the hospital may finish before you go for a blood test. Just buy a pack more and use till you are asked to stop.
You will find out you would use them till about 12 week of pregnancy.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by HoneyBony: 7:22am On Jan 01, 2014
Happy New Year to you all.May this new year bring us God's favor,everlasting joy and all our greatest hear desires be achieve Amen
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sexycy1: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2014
@nogen...my 2ww will be over on saturday dis week...I will buy more cyclo n start again tomoro...i tested again dis afternoon...I got a +ve...although I'm cramping (short jabs) no preg symptoms..just that I'm already producing milk...

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 3:54pm On Jan 02, 2014
Am seriously MIA, been busy with my soldiers as my Nanny is away for the hols, hardly have time for the internet. Happy new year everyone!!!

Very BIG congratulations to Harbiee, thank God for you and your family. I wish you a stress free 9m and healthy twins and triplets. God who started this journey with you will see you thru to the end. Congrats!!!

Honybony, A big AMEN to your prayers. by God's grace, we shall celebrate you and other Mummies on this thread this year in Jesus Name.

Dara&Dumi, check google for alll info you need on IUI. The procedure and what it entails. Most fertility hospitals charge between 120k and 180k with drugs inclusive. I know its not up to N200 sha. Regenesis is good, as we've heard lots of testimonies from that angle, Georges is also good with IUI, Medcal Art and St Ives. dont know if they do it at Bridge but you can check for their nos. online and call them up. All the best.

Sexy CY, congrats to you too. Why did your mum ask you to stop the cyclo? Is she aware you did ivf? If yes, was the ivf free of charge that you're gambling with this pregnancy? Anyways, like others have already advised, continue with your cyclo religiously as in religiously cos you're goin to be on it for the next 3m except you decide to go for PIO injectibles which is even more painful. Maybe you dont know the suprefact injection you took before FSH is to put your natural cycle on hold, meaning there is no natural proesterone from any part of your body to support your baby until he/she starts producing theirs thru the placenta so my Dear, before you start listening to your mum, google and your Drs are your best bet. All the best.

6 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sexycy1: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
I didn't use cyclo for 3days...but I started using today...thanx blendy for that info...these days I jus dey test evryday jus to make sure d red lines are there grin.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by meme5: 5:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
Good day my dear mums. I have been following this thread for sometime now, n at this point, i av started thinking ivf. Bin ttc for 15months.Having read al thru the pages, i decided to check regenesis today. The dr was patient and accommodating. Need to do a new hsg to see whats up with the tubes. The one i did months ago showed peribrimbial adhensions.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
Happy new year to all my wonderful sisters and brother in the house. This is our year of All Round Transformation. God is transforming my people in His waiting room to parenthood this year. We will hear your testimonies.
@All, the Generals will be going to church on the 19th of this month, this will be preceeded with a night of worship on the 17th. We are trusting God to touch lives through the program. We want to spend time in worship on Friday seeing Sunday may be a bit tight. You are cordially invited, anybody who wants to attend should pm me for the address. Pls pray along with us, it will be a revival of some sort, Our God is worthy of our praise.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Seyiflower(f): 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Am so happy to b here, at least i will have people to share my feelings with and even get more ideas on how i should go. I have done ivf twice, one in India and the other one at st ives no success. Am even feed up and tired and believing God for miracle o, my dear sisters.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 11:41am On Jan 06, 2014
@All, I trust everybody is doing very well, this is our year of ALL ROUND TRANSFORMATION. God will transform us to a level we never could believe. I pray all in His waiting room will be transformed to mothers of great children within this year, the word of God must work for you all.

The theme of the worship night is ' AN INCREDIBLE GOD'. He deserves an incredible praise from us, it will be a night of impartation, I trust God to give us an incredible experience, please pray along with me. Then Sunday the 19th will be something else, we are trusting God to touch lives, am already excited about the whole thing. Some of you have been sending pm but am kind of encountering a little challenge reading them, please my email is still dabing2008@yahoo.com and my number 08082358225. I will be very glad to have some of you around to hear the full testimony, God is really INCREDIBLE to me. We want people to be encouraged and blessed through the dedication, thanks all.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by smiler(f): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
inwangobio: @All, I trust everybody is doing very well, this is our year of ALL ROUND TRANSFORMATION. God will transform us to a level we never could believe. I pray all in His waiting room will be transformed to mothers of great children within this year, the word of God must work for you all.

The theme of the worship night is ' AN INCREDIBLE GOD'. He deserves an incredible praise from us, it will be a night of impartation, I trust God to give us an incredible experience, please pray along with me. Then Sunday the 19th will be something else, we are trusting God to touch lives, am already excited about the whole thing. Some of you have been sending pm but am kind of encountering a little challenge reading them, please my email is still dabing2008@yahoo.com and my number 08082358225. I will be very glad to have some of you around to hear the full testimony, God is really INCREDIBLE to me. We want people to be encouraged and blessed through the dedication, thanks all.

Yes o HE is an Incredible God! Sir, your testimony will surely encourage and bless people.
Wish I could make it. I pray for a successful event come 17th and 19th in Jesus name, amen.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thank God almighty for keeping your family together all the years. Thanks to God for preserving the kids too, non was lost.

Let me start my praise now;

Kabiyi o si BABA, tire ni onise iyanu
Dansaki re we praise your name,
You are worthy to be praise.

Who is like unto thee,
Oh Lord
who is like unto thee
Oh Lord
Among all the gods
Who is like thee
Glorious in Holiness,
Fearful in praise
Doing wonders, Hallelujahhhhhhh.

Amen. Go on and rejoice.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
smiler:

Yes o HE is an Incredible God! Sir, your testimony will surely encourage and bless people.
Wish I could make it. I pray for a successful event come 17th and 19th in Jesus name, amen.
Yea sister, our testimony has already encouraged many and will keep encouraging some more. people keep coming to our house to see the Generals as if they were born few weeks back. I really thank God for announcing us this way, I thank Him for the grace TO WAIT, please sisters keep trusting HIM, He will come through for you.
@redeemersave, please help me thank this God, even that worship night wont be enough but we will try and give HIM a little worship. He is truly an INCREDIBLE GOD.
Anybody who cant come shouldn't bother, our God will still touch you wherever you are, am trusting for you people to be the first beneficiaries of the touch of God in this season. It is well with you all.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by LadyGuinivere: 2:05pm On Jan 06, 2014
Congrats to all the mommas with BFPs and all the mommas that have manifested God's grace.
Pls has anybody tried IVF in Cyprus? Any stories? I'm considering Dogus Ivf centre in Cyprus
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by arisolama: 7:45am On Jan 07, 2014
Congrats @ Herbie may God perfect your joy as we await the full gist. I wish everyone of us still waiting a very fruitful 2014. Baby dust
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Moyinoluwa83: 3:57pm On Jan 07, 2014
@all happy new year. May God grant our heart desires.

@me_me and seyiflower, welcome.

@kaybim1010, there are two types of IUI, the IUI with timed intercourse is abt 122k and the IUI with insemination is 198k. U need one patent tube and atleast 15miliion sperm count. You can go to olive branch fertility clinic, Dr Emeka Ikenna. He is verrry good. All the best

Although I recently had a failed IUI cycle with him but we had a low count on the day of the procedure. Hubby's system just shut down. Phew! It is well sha.

@ harbie, big congratulations. I am happy for u.
@blendy, bro. Inwagobio, nogen and all Thanks for keeping the thread alive. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by subzidi: 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
Happy new year my good people!! This is saying a big congratulations to all of us for making it this far! many died last year even on new years eve sef! I rejoice with all those that have gotten their BFPs so far! As for me, just enjoying my life and resting on God's shoulders . I am leaning on his direction on next step maybe try outside the country. Will never allow TTC take my joy lai-lai and life can't be sweeter wink

I listed all the great battles, testimonies including this i did not pray for that God has wrought for me then i am now more convinced than ever that THIS TOO SHALL END IN PRAISE.

May the Lord bless our homes and fill them with love and peace that superceeds all understanding.
Blendy Ogo m nwayi, how my boys dey? No updates on your bb again werin happen na? Even messgaes dey bounce back
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:33pm On Jan 07, 2014
Bros inwangobio big congratulations to u. U suppose post those babies pictures here even for 1hr make people see the awesomeness of God oooo. I saw those cuties on fb and am like waooooh, Baba God I fear You ooo! They are just too cute. Our bros n sis in abj try and represent us @ the dedication. Let's be our brother's keeper.

Subsidy that bb don expire o! I wanted to transfer all my contacts to my new bb and mistakenly deleted all of it. So I left a message here that people shd resend their pin to my email addy and a lot of peeps did. Maybe u were on sabatical when I wrote that post in october. Biko resend urs to ruonar2000@yahoo.com.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by sexycy1: 10:06am On Jan 08, 2014
Hullo mommies...I hav a request, don't judge me cry I'm still bfp until my u/s but I don't wanna lay my eggs in one basket. I need a surrogate for my remaining embies..I'm in ph, any one with info on how I can get one should add me 2A73E301 or mail me cynthia.pinky@yahoo.com thanx n sticky vibes to evry1
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fruitfulmama: 3:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
happy new year all.i pray this year shall be our year of visitation and divine turn around@blendy i need ur advice am 26 and have done ivf twice and got a bfn,i was asked to do heterscopy because the doctors claimed everything was perfect and they dont see the reason why i shouldnt have gotten a positive.its so sad because i did everything i was asked to do,didnt go through stress at all,even before the procedure did endoscratch and took intralipid.so i will like to know what did doc emeka do differently that made it successful,cos i know am ok and not forgetting i prayed too.thanks in advance for replying
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by harbiee: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Good evenin mommas in the house, sorry been slightly indisposed bt am much better now, thanks everyone for rejoicing wit me and I ppray that the almighty in heaven will never forget anyone of us in jesus name, I promised to be bck wit details.....well it all started abt 2 years ago cos I started trying for another baby the moment my baby gal clocked one bt dere was no result bt I became bothered late last year, I was refered to omni frm my husband's place of work after I had done hsg and it appeared ok, both tubes were open, on gettin to omni, I was placed on clomid which I took for 3 months and pregnancy wasnt forthcomin, so I started doin a lot of googlin, then my sis in law who was delayed for 5yrs did ivf at nordica and got result at second trial, she encouraged me to goo to nordica bt I decided to google first then I came accross diis thread, to cut d long story short, I got dr Emekas contact here and I met him few weeks after, and I had to register the same day witout tellin hubby, we eventually went to see him after persuadin hubby, he insisted I do anoda hsg at a lab in surulere cos dere is something nt clear abt d one I did earlier before apprachhin him, we did all other preliminary test and dey all came out perfect so we started treatment in november, during d cause of my treatment I bcamw close to his assistant and she kept tellin me to rest pray and drink alot of water qnd dat was all I did, we retrieved 27 eggs, 19 fertilized and we transferd 3 wit 4cells on day 2...I got my bfp 4days to d day I was supose to go for test cos I teied nt to do d test bt I did, the very day I went for my test at olivebranch two other women got their bfps as well....My prayer is for eveey1 here no matter how diificult it may seem, dis very year wont pass u by, am glad to be on dis forum, I jst opened up to hubby dat I found olivebranch contact on nairaland and he jst kept blushing.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by safe06: 10:13am On Jan 09, 2014
congrats harbiee,may God protect u nd ur lo,happy preggy season.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
congrats harbie, enjoy your nine months journey in a smooth way in Jesus name.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
Harbie congrats once more.

Fruitfulmama, it's God that gives o. The only thing Dr Emeka does differently from other hospitals I've used is the giving of antibiotics before the procedure, multivitamins for the man, pregnacare conception, aspirin n metformin for the woman. Don't know if he has added other things now. Meanwhile for this particular cycle that I got positive, the things I did differently were tubal flushing with a medical Dr, hysteroscopy, herbal detoxification and massage with local herbalists cos I had recurrent discharge for a long time and serious fasting n prayers. So my sister, I can't categorically tell u which one worked exactly apart from the fasting n prayers so it's Still God that gives cos there are a lot of people who didn't do any of these n got bfp at first attempt.
Hysteroscopy as far as am concerned is waste of money especially if u don't have fibroids n polyps seen during scan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by inwangobio(m): 8:28am On Jan 10, 2014
Congrats Harbiee, trusting God to sustain it to full term.
@Blendy77, trust me I would have loved to upload the pix of the Generals here but I tried and it didn't work. I don't know how to go about it. This is one big family that I love so much, you people are simply wonderful so I wouldn't have kept back anything when you all have been there for me. I will keep trying.
Yea some of our people here have indicated interest to attend, am sure you will be highly represented. Infact one of us is even coming in from there, so no problem. Hope R and B are doing very well.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by harbiee: 8:22pm On Jan 10, 2014
I cant thank every1 on dis forum enough for ur prayers, fruitfulmama like blendy said dr Emeka gives antibiotics b4 starting d peocedure, he also gives pregnancare conception plus wellman for DH, at the end of d day it is God cos durin d cause of my treatment I had urinary track infection and I was placed on antibiotics days to d end of my 2ww and I was told d infecrion cld be frm my fingers while I was tryin to insert cyclogest, and I was asked to stop using d cyclogest virginally bt anally....God doesnt leave his ppl and for dis reason, he will answer all of our prayers and he will perfect dat which he has started ijn..

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by eobananya: 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
From my research and information from friends, I have come up with nothing less than 17 IVF clinic in Nigeria and the name of a very experienced IV F doctor for those considering this path.its long to type here, check it out at http://derasblog.com/2014/05/list-of-ivf-clinics-in-nigeria/
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by eobananya: 5:43pm On Jun 28, 2014
list of herbal fertility drugs for treating low sperm count and ovulation problems. its long to type and it also has pictures so check it out at http://derasblog.com/2014/05/list-of-herbal-fertility-drugs/
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by fifioluomo: 7:49pm On Jun 29, 2014
Hello house, welcome !
Pls does anyone has an alternative method to treat pcos. Av been on metformin, clomid, hcg injection and 2 failed iui. They all didn't work. Is there anyone in d house that got bfp with pcos. I wld like to know what process or procedure u had.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by mom123: 7:05am On Jun 30, 2014
Good morning all the mamas and papas in the house.How was your nyte and wkend?Our bfp is here and we shall all grab twins ,triplets...as we want it in Jesus' name. Our God is not a barren God so we can never be barren in Jesus' name

@fifioluomo...pls what hcg injection did u use?How long was it used and the cost? baby dust to us all
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Itissettled3: 12:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
Good morning everyone, Thank God nairaland is back.
I am glad I discovered this forum. I learnt about Dr. Ikenna of olive branch from here. Did my IUI with him and i am supposed to test tomorrow. I pray all goes well. Kindly include me in your prayers. Thanks everyone.

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (423) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.