Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,472 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? (21061 Views)

How My First Marriage Crashed After Several Abuse- Pastor Emmanuel Olumide (vid) / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by DonDozzytex: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
The truth remains that...that your relative who's telling you to forget everything about marriage at 29 to 30 years simply because he wants to sponsor your education is totally an Agent of distraction.... better go and settle down if the man that's marrying you knew the value of education he will train you in school to the highest level....no time is late on education in Nigeria as long as you're ready to go back to school.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by DrFunmisticGlow: 2:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for
Get it in writing as a contract signed by both of you with lawyers present

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Blackstan: 2:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
madridguy:
Jenny, since you have the 99% assurance from your relative, please forget marriage for now and go to school.

As for your potential husband, let him look for someone else so you can concentrate on your studies.
very poor advise from u

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by highchief1: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
Foodqueen:
Marriage can fail u, education won't. That's all I have to say.
education has failed Nigerians more than marriage.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by dododawa1: 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
Both
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by WantsandMore: 2:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
vickydevoka:

Igbo ladies no de do prenuptial o.
omo...two options; indulge or opt out. Igbo lady's choice .
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by cocolacec(m): 2:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for

For a woman,i will advise you to go for marriage and school at the sane time.Your biological clock is ticking.By the time you get to your 30's your egg reserves and fertility starts to decrease.
Make a wise decision.Use one stone to kill two birds.Make sure the man you intend to.marry ,is a man of honor and integrity who keep his word.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by gbolswag(m): 2:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
Still hustle...marriage is boring without money

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by bassey08: 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Go and marry, husband shortage dey ooo
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by lalalista: 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Get married and have your kids. School is scam in Nigeria. I've dumped my certificates for over 10 years

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Whoknow: 3:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Question where is this your relation since all these while? Why did he insist that if you marry he will not support you in school? Did you love the man you want to get married to? Can the man take good care of you, if for example you are married to him and he did not fulfill his promise of training you in school do you have handwork to support yourself? What course do you intend to sturdy, if it not course that is self employed what you graduate forget about it.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by fastseo: 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Justkatty:
Please education first
That was how I was deceived that I'll be getting trained, and later got pregnant out of wedlock
But thanks be to God after I put to bed, I went back to school Courtesy of my siblings.

You now have a baby who will look after you when you are old. that's the beauty of life. and you should be thankful to God that he blessed u with the fruit of the womb.

for this woman. she should forget about the school n learn a solid handwork... hairdressing is there, tailoring at professional level is there or any skill that will help her newly formed family.

suitors hardly comes by at 35+. it's a fact unless you have something extra like running business or a relevant degree in health like nursing.

We that graduated since 10 years now where is the job? we still had to go back to learn skills which pay the bills now
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Lordatkinson: 3:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
School is nothing but a scam in this country. If you gain admission at 29, by the time you will be through, you should be around 34 to 37 ( considering the malady that has greeted our educational system)

My candid advise is, go marry and settled own with your man. If he sends you to school fine! If he does not, he can settle you with trade investing a substantial amount to sustain your business.
Shalom!
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by eniolorunfe: 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Thank you all for your contribution. The lady in question already have an ND. The relative is an in-law [sister's husband] and there is 100% asurance from him. But intended husband? We don't know how well or good is his work but he said he is ready to take reponsibility. We don't even know him in person including the lady he want to marry. She has an handwork but not longer good.she is just at takingcare of the children till she goes to school

Hope it is not the relative’s children you have been taking care of all this while instead of honing your tailoring skills and making money for yourself?

You better use your tongue to count your teeth… Person wey no send you go school all this while, it is now that opportunity for you to move ahead via marriage is available that he is making promises… smh

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by NELLY1990: 3:29pm On Jun 24, 2023
You better go and build yourself o, what happens to fulfilling purpose, self love and appreciating singlehood? Every every single time marriage. Nawa

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by amazingspiderma: 3:33pm On Jun 24, 2023
He can support you in school while you are married.
Why does it have to be a choice.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by eventainment(m): 3:36pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Marriage, childbirth after your 200L or after your admission else you will find it hard to ever go to school
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:40pm On Jun 24, 2023
You can do both.

Studying at 29 and then graduating at 33-34 is not wise in my opinion. Get married, and ensure your husband is supportive of your education. Your clock is ticking. It's not like after you graduate, one entry-level job is waiting for you at Shell. Who would employ you at 34 for an entry-level job? Make hay.

I would rather you learn a very viable skill. You can't go wrong with that.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by pansophist(m): 3:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
You can do both. Marriage and studying.

If you must choose one, then choose marriage. You're a woman, marriage gets harder as you grow older.

Also, your plans are not ASUU plans for you. You may plan to graduate in let's say when you're 33, but ASUU planned 35 years.

Also, studies can be done online, explore that option. Which makes it easier to study and be married.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:42pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.

You are not serious.

He should wait for you, as what?

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by pansophist(m): 3:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
You can do both. Marriage and studying.

If you must choose one, then choose marriage. You're a woman, marriage gets harder as you grow older.

You may also argue that a man can wait bla bla, that's true, but your womb will not wait. Babies are easier to conceive when young.

Also, your plans are not ASUU plans for you. You may plan to graduate in let's say when you're 33, but ASUU planned 35 years.

Also, studies can be done online, explore that option. Which makes it easier to study and be married.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2023
What do you mean as what? undecided undecided undecided
TheOnlyUyai:

You are not serious.

He should wait for you, as what?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
What do you mean as what? undecided undecided undecided

It's a question.

Why should he wait for you when you can break up with him and allow him to find some other lady who is ready for marriage? No one should wait for the other, abeg.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Monaboo:
Let ur Relative train you.
Get Educated first.
That one u are sure.

An Educated Woman is a NEVER a liability.

Marriage will come later. Even you will be of a more value after school.

You have never seen unemployed graduates? Besides, what kind of entry-level job will she be getting at almost 35-36?

Rather, a skilled and industrious woman is NEVER a liability.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
I never said anything about breaking up, we'll continue with the relationship, but the marriage will wait until I'm done with school.
TheOnlyUyai:

It's a question.

Why should he wait for you when you can break up with him and allow him to find some other lady who is ready for marriage? No one should wait for the other, abeg.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I never said anything about breaking up, we'll continue with the relationship, but the marriage will wait until I'm done with school.

And I said you should rather break up with the guy and let him marry a lady who is ready for marriage like him than waiting for you to finish schooling at 35-36. Would you wait if it were you?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
12345baba:
Go school o. Once u marry get belle u no go get time for ur life again.

Not entirely true.

This can only be true if she doesn't have a supportive husband that doesn't prioritize education.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by NoToPile: 3:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
The problem here is both of them promising can fail you because they are both humans

Your husband can decide not to sponsor you again, it might not even be his fault, might be just life lessons, overwhelming financial responsibilities, businesses going bad, economic realities etc.

Same applies to your Uncle.

Nothing is guaranteed in this life.

I would say get the admission start schooling and you can get married, it will be very rough.

Let's hope either of them keeps to their word
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by fisayodayo: 4:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
My mum did her Teacher’s college and NCE in my father’s house. Last year she got her BSC certificate and she’s in Level 12 as a civil servant now. I had my Bsc 4 years ago also my two siblings 7-8 years ago respectively. My mum was determined and it all turned out good. She already learnt catering which was helpful in supporting what my dad provides.
Let Op revamp her tailoring skill and get married latest by next year.
I’ve learnt a skill which gives me money now and not even the certificate I acquired from school.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Suspect33(m): 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
ednut1:
At 29 you will graduate by 35. Which entry level job will you get with that. Its better you go learn hairdressers or nails painting
you be mumu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / Things Disappear In My House All The Time. / Make Me Self Celebrate My Family For This Festive Season

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.