Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? (21043 Views)

How My First Marriage Crashed After Several Abuse- Pastor Emmanuel Olumide (vid) / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by sweetman2022: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
zedegit:

Are you married?
I am not married. I have seen women who are married and do part studies even with kids. So what's your point?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by ednut1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
putmanj146:

Service at 35 ke 😳
oh I forgot. Exempted after 30

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for

The family member that intend to send you to school, why did he or she waited until you are 29 before trying to make the move?

Secondly at 29years as a lady; you are gradually going out of prime age to enjoy your marriage and build your own home.

My submission above is not an approval for your said suitor for I don't know him and his capacity. I don't know how responsible he is and if he truly care.

But if you are convinced enough that is man for you.

I will suggest you go for marriage taking your age into consideration.

Also, why will the family member who promise to send you to school attached such condition that you should drop the marriage idea?

If truly he or she want to help, your getting married should not be an issue.

Or did they have any good reason why you should drop the suitor?

Sit down, think and reason your life. Above all pray to God for guidance.

Believe me, as 29years of Age, going to school take process and the minimum years you can add to achieve quality education should be 5 years on average. So add that to 29 and see by yourself.

Settle down in your marriage and work on your education along the line, by that you are achieving both simultaneously.

Meanwhile, your family member who you think is so sure to fund your education can Bleep you up. Don't put 100% trust in human being. But that doesn't mean they can not support you; but until then.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JetStar: 2:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please once you finish school go and hustle for money. Money is the Koko. Even the schools are looking for money. The lecturers are looking for money. Once you don hustle and are financially secure you can go to school and get married at the same time.

If you rely on one sponsor, dem fit fail you o. One you ask for too much money dem go start to ask you which day yo go graduate self. My daughter go and hustle o. Because money is the foundation of everything.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Harrynight(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
Money! MONEY FIRST.

BUT IF YOU'RE financially stable at 30 as a woman just get married
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Think9ja(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.

Because your own vagina is the direct link to heaven abi?
I don't blame you. You still have two or more years to misbehave

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by kalufelix(m): 2:06pm On Jun 24, 2023
I don't know if its just me but this thread sounds ridiculous..i sincerely hope the mods are not using commentors to catch cruise on frontpage..

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Emeka71(m): 2:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
Omakraid:

What if after dropping the marriage plans, the relative also dropped school plans 🤷. Will your relation be there for all your school needs? By the time you gain admission at 29, you'll graduate at 33/34 and now start looking for how to settle down.

The person that wants to marry you and also train you in school, how financially buoyant is he?
On point.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
But I never said anything about breaking up... undecided undecided undecided
ThatCEO:

He will wait 4 years because he is serious cheesy for a girl who is already 30 grin grin

Make all of us just dey play jare
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Adewale1603(m): 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
luckyz4rea:

You are right but in this context, marriage and school is the contention but apparently, he or she wants to be educated.

Let me use myself as a case study. If had done animal husbandry prior to going to school as I wanted to do, I would not have been this better informed about which aspect of husbandry to practice. Education opens not just doors of opportunities but doors of enlightenment.
you don't have to go to school before you can be educated, education is not confined only in the four walls of a classroom. She's already educated, only wants to further it
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Ebubu7: 2:10pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for
plead with the relative to accept that you’re not getting any younger and any 30 plus woman finds it difficult to marry.

He should sponsor your schooling and allow you to marry, if he or she genuinely cares about u
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Emaprince: 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Thank you all for your contribution. The lady in question already have an ND. The relative is an in-law [sister's husband] and there is 100% asurance from him. But intended husband? We don't know how well or good is his work but he said he is ready to take reponsibility. We don't even know him in person including the lady he want to marry. She has an handwork but not longer good.she is just at takingcare of the children till she goes to school
That man must be an igbo man.

Na igbo men dey train their wives siblings for schools.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:12pm On Jun 24, 2023
Omakraid:

What if after dropping the marriage plans, the relative also dropped school plans 🤷. Will your relation be there for all your school needs? By the time you gain admission at 29, you'll graduate at 33/34 and now start looking for how to settle down.

The person that wants to marry you and also train you in school, how financially buoyant is he?
I can’t marry a lady above 30. Seriously I will find it difficult. Unless na very independent rich lady

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Beverlyjean(f): 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Marry now and school later... u can still school anytime...but u can't marry anytime and know that by 30 yrs of age , u would have lost 80% of ur eggs as a woman

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Emaprince: 2:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
But I never said anything about breaking up... undecided undecided undecided
You want him to be waiting while students are plundering his wife to be?

It's like you don't know what goes on in Nigerian universities with married female students, talk less a fiance.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by CJStarz: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
Why did the relative wait till you are 30 before promising to enroll you in school? Why should he ask him to jettison marriage at this age before he trains you? Will he be d one to marry you in future? If he meant well for you,he can still train you while you get married.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
Foodqueen:
Marriage can fail u, education won't. That's all I have to say.
Education has failed over 50 percent of the youth today. School na scam
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by biggz82: 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
At 29 you will graduate by 35. Which entry level job will you get with that. Its better you go learn hairdressers or nails painting

You didn't include assu strick, plus non academic staff union strike of 2 years each and also duration of chosen course of study.
We are looking at plus or minus 39.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.
Lol. See as person de reason. If na my brother I go hate am for life. Watin for. 35
Years to get married to. That’s stupidity of the highest order
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:17pm On Jun 24, 2023
WantsandMore:
your potential husband can enter into a prenuptial legal agreement that allows to school funded by your relative or partly by him.
Igbo ladies no de do prenuptial o.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Abokilongthing: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
If not be hardship waty you da think off at 29 to 30 your children should be growing by now while you doing your PhD

JennyJossie:
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by YeyeGbami: 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
Education, hustle, success. Then you can think of marriage
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
IntelligentGoat:

Before you go to school make sure you have a business that will keep your engine running in school even if you have a relative that wants to pay.
Gentle reminder
PEOPLE CHANGE

What if your relative goes bankrupt and can't afford then you drop out or you get the government loan and if you can't pay after graduation you go to jail.

If you choose to marry
The best!
But make sure you still a business or something
that fetches you money
Too much sense. OPM pastor even leave happy boys. My elder brother go leave you for road . Him must Dinah pay for en children school fees and buy food stuff full for house b4 en go reason you

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Paracetamol01: 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
menopause go kill you.women education end at kitchen...

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:20pm On Jun 24, 2023
IntelligentGoat:

Before you go to school make sure you have a business that will keep your engine running in school even if you have a relative that wants to pay.
Gentle reminder
PEOPLE CHANGE

What if your relative goes bankrupt and can't afford then you drop out or you get the government loan and if you can't pay after graduation you go to jail.

If you choose to marry
The best!
But make sure you still a business or something
that fetches you money
Too much sense. OPM pastor even leave happy boys. My elder brother go leave you for road . Him must Dinah pay for en children school fees and buy food stuff full for house b4 en go reason you .

They only relative you can trust is your sisters or any lady that is related to you. Man are naturally wired to start up a family. So they will chase after ladies plus belle fit enter any time.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
Then get married to that brother of yours.
vickydevoka:

Lol. See as person de reason. If na my brother I go hate am for life. Watin for. 35
Years to get married to. That’s stupidity of the highest order
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by lexy2014: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
kernniejay:

Whichever way, school first. Who wants to marry a nonenity or a liability?

what makes a person a "nonenity or a liability"?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by GiZcorp: 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
How can you be married and you'd be expecting someone else to be training you in sch? If your husband to be is not bouyant enough to cater for your schooling then pls go to sch and forget that kind of suffer head marriage.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by lexy2014: 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
YeyeGbami:
Education, hustle, success. Then you can think of marriage

at 29
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by vickydevoka(m): 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
Then get married to that brother of yours.
School way we go still de jobless, na en person wan go for old age. Wahala. No go learn hand work
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by lexy2014: 2:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Beverlyjean:
Marry now and school later... u can still school anytime...but u can't marry anytime and know that by 30 yrs of age , u would have lost 80% of ur eggs as a woman

God bless you
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by kevotek1000(m): 2:27pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

If the educational support your uncle is talking about is sending you abroad to school outside this cage called NIGERIA go on with your Uncle decision and don't waste time. On a more serious note, you can get married and upgrade yourself with skills or go for part time course if degree matters most, @29 you should have learnt one or two skills already. If you eventually finish school here in Nigeria, what are your chances of a better paying job. Opportunities comes once, @35 when you eventually gotten the degree, what are the chances of getting a husband or a Job with that kind age. At the end of all this discussions, the decision is yours alone to make.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / About Married Women And Male Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.