Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,385 members, 7,830,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? (21058 Views)

How My First Marriage Crashed After Several Abuse- Pastor Emmanuel Olumide (vid) / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
If you really love someone, you'll agree to continue with the relationship until the person graduates.

But if all the guy wants is marriage, then he'll end the relationship and rush into marriage with someone he doesn't love, next thing he'll start saying women are wicked.

And what's wrong with getting married at 35 and 36?
TheOnlyUyai:

And I said you should rather break up with the guy and let him marry a lady who is ready for marriage like him than waiting for you to finish schooling at 35-36. Would you wait if it were you?

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Maga123: 4:07pm On Jun 24, 2023
Ask God for divine direction

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 4:08pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
If you really love someone, you'll agree to continue with the relationship until the person graduates.

But if all the guy wants is marriage, then he'll end the relationship and rush into marriage with someone he doesn't love, next thing he'll start saying women are wicked.

And what's wrong with getting married at 35 and 36?

Better tell yourself the truth. Switch the table and tell me truthfully that you'd wait for a woman for 5, 6, or 7 years to finish her education while you keep hoping, waiting and her clock keeps ticking?

And oh, there's nothing wrong with getting married at 35-36. To each their own. Just know that it's better to make hay while the sun still shines. Or do you not know that a woman's ovarian reserve depletes as she ages? Besides, leave all these love and feelings talk. You don't need love to get married.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by tanimusaeedu: 4:16pm On Jun 24, 2023
Let agreement be between you and your intended husband before then your relatives who want to sponsor you will be present their and it will be sign by you and your intended husband before marriage take place okay
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by bepositive11: 4:18pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for

Do both. Time is not on your side.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by DrDunamis(m): 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for

Seek counsel from your Pastor and leaders over you in your church.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Suspect33(m): 4:19pm On Jun 24, 2023
IntelligentGoat:
grin
Being married gives one a leaverage and opportunity in so many ways

No dey dey do slayer be it man or woman
Menupus is 40 now for women with some 35 yrs

Join the two both marriage and school.
But dont go to a fa distance school
lol, what leverage Sir, what opportunities??
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Dshocker(m): 4:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

Simple answer, go for marriage...

That relation promising you school is evil, he or she wants you to lose the marriage and he or she will now disappoint you.

They just want to frustrate your life, you are 30yrs of age and ought to have settled down as a woman.

Besides even if you are through with school, what next?.... Because you can't find a job with your age bracket, use your head.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by agbolahan1991(m): 4:24pm On Jun 24, 2023
Both can work
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JohnnA1: 4:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
luckyz4rea:

I quitted marriage for school and I’m filled with God’s joy rather than regrets. If you have what it takes to go to school please do. Go after enlightenment. When you are enlightened, you’ll be better informed about life, you’ll be better positioned for marital decisions with God helping!
Well said.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by tellwisdom: 4:35pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nigerian gurls and free things..Foolish gurl, which one are you doing for yourself?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by fijihems: 4:38pm On Jun 24, 2023
At that age, if you knew what you were doing, you should have achieved both education and marriage.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JohnnA1: 4:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
ottersberger:

School.
Come into a marriage as an asset, not a liability.
Exactly!
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
What do you have to say about those couples who wait for about 10 years until they're both ready to get married?

And we live in a technologically advanced era whereby even 50 year olds get to have new born babies.

You're the one who doesn't need love to get married... I need love to get married, in that way, whenever challenges come, I'll remember how much I love my husband and then fight the challenges for the sake of the love I have for him.
TheOnlyUyai:

Better tell yourself the truth. Switch the table and tell me truthfully that you'd wait for a woman for 5, 6, or 7 years to finish her education while you keep hoping, waiting and her clock keeps ticking?

And oh, there's nothing wrong with getting married at 35-36. To each their own. Just know that it's better to make hay while the sun still shines. Or do you not know that a woman's ovarian reserve depletes as she ages? Besides, leave all these love and feelings talk. You don't need love to get married.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 4:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
What do you have to say about those couples who wait for about 10 years until they're both ready to get married?

And we live in a technologically advanced era whereby even 50 year olds get to have new born babies.

You're the one who doesn't need love to get married... I need love to get married, in that way, whenever challenges come, I'll remember how much I love my husband and then fight the challenges for the sake of the love I have for him.

Yinmu.

South-African queen, do whatever suits you o.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by TheOnlyUyai(f): 4:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
fijihems:
At that age, if you knew what you were doing, you should have achieved both education and marriage.

Easier said than done.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by luckyz4rea(m): 5:02pm On Jun 24, 2023
Adewale1603:
you don't have to go to school before you can be educated, education is not confined only in the four walls of a classroom. She's already educated, only wants to further it

You are very correct, but were you educated by going to school or by not going? Mention two people you know that stand out academically better that people that didn’t go to school?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Godwinfav(m): 5:04pm On Jun 24, 2023
Get married then you can option for part-time studies.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by eepeepook: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2023
Female greed is one in a million. So, if someone doesn’t advice you, you’ll gladly take both choices? It’s very obvious that is what you have in mind.

Omidan, pick the latter option. No come back with stories of he-trained-me-but-I-no-longer-find-him-attractive.

A word is enough for the wise.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JennyJossie: 6:25pm On Jun 24, 2023
Emaprince:
That man must be an igbo man.

Na igbo men dey train their wives siblings for schools.
No an igala man. E shock you
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by efficiencie(m): 6:52pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

Don't trust either of them. They are humans and can fail you. I have a couple of questions for you. Answer them and you will be on your way towards fixing your predicament. One, why do you want to get married. If you are getting married hoping that man will be your cash cow na sorry be your name oh. Two, what is your current level of education and why are you acquiring your next level of education? Many just go to school seeking certificate not knowing what they will eventually do with the certificate when they graduate. I can imaging someone going for a PhD in Philosophy and I wonder what the person wants to do with that. Three. At 29-30 your chances at marriage are slim. Is getting a degree more valuable than settling down?

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Ate247(m): 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
at 29 or 30. I don't think that relative means well for you. Except he's not okay with your partner so he's trying to find a way to distract you from getting married to that person but can't come straight.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Sweetvie: 7:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
ednut1:
At 29 you will graduate by 35. Which entry level job will you get with that. Its better you go learn hairdressing or nails painting
pls don't make me laugh
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by patorial(m): 7:09pm On Jun 24, 2023
Youngsage:

Well I don't know but if you still type like this at the age of 30 then there are obviously a lot of issues and you sure need some education undecided

If the result of education is as you displayed here, then I regret having any.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Justkatty(f): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2023
fastseo:

You now have a baby who will look after you when you are old. that's the beauty of life. and you should be thankful to God that he blessed u with the fruit of the womb.

for this woman. she should forget about the school n learn a solid handwork... hairdressing is there, tailoring at professional level is there or any skill that will help her newly formed family.

suitors hardly comes by at 35+. it's a fact unless you have something extra like running business or a relevant degree in health like nursing.

We that graduated since 10 years now where is the job? we still had to go back to learn skills which pay the bills now
Yes oh
Most times when depression wants to come in, my daughter gives me thousands of reason not to let anything make me give up in life.
I am strong today because of her and she's just a baby.
I accepted my mistake, picked up my pieces and I'm fine now by his grace.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Justkatty(f): 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2023
zedegit:

Are you a single mum?
Why the question Sir/Ma?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Sweetvie: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Both. You can get marry and school
if you're ok with ur partner, get marry.
You're almost 30, by the time you're done with school you will be 35 and don't forget ASUU. Don't forget menopause begins mid-40s.
Best of luck smiley
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by okoroemeka(m): 7:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
if the guy that wants to marry you promised to continue your education,WHY NOT?that relation that wishes you not to marry but uses education as an inducement is wicked,how can he or she stand in the way of progress,don't be surprised they may dump you along the line when they are sure the suitor has gone,marry the guy but let the two families have a joint summit discussion about the education issue,it should not be an agreement between you and the guy on top of bed,it should be approved by elders

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by mastermaestro(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.

Wait until she is 52? Dey play. sad
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by mastermaestro(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2023
Education at 29? You should be going to school in your husband's house at this age. Your relative(s) may want to stall your marital fulfillment. Be wise, my sister. sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

About Married Women And Male Friends / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / Things Disappear In My House All The Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.