Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,230 members, 7,829,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? (21042 Views)

How My First Marriage Crashed After Several Abuse- Pastor Emmanuel Olumide (vid) / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Prettychild(f): 9:28am On Jun 25, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for
First thing, pray to God for His direction.
Well, if the suitor is serious, then you can get married after he has paid your fees. I am looking at your age by the time you graduate from school. You can decide not to have kids till after school or in final year. A friend of mine who is now a Medical Doctor did same thing, she got married while in 200 level and hubby sponsored her schooling till she graduated. What’s the probability that after you graduate, you would find a suitable partner?

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by highness25(m): 10:09am On Jun 25, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Thank goodness! If I has a business degree, I would be doing a lot with it myself. undecided
Yes. School is good oo but business is gooder. If you have a well profitable business you would not want to sit down in some offices were you'd be answering yes sir/yes ma. You're your own Boss
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by drimzsmoke(m): 10:48am On Jun 25, 2023
Loadedtheory:

Misplaced priorities

Lolz....okay
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by patorial(m): 12:53pm On Jun 25, 2023
Youngsage:

You can't regret having what you never had in the first place undecided

Someone was seeking a life time advice and all you could offer was supervising the English she was never taught.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by patorial(m): 12:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
Georgejeez:
grin cheesy but personally I feel the relative is like those Chiwetalu Agu kind of relations , standing in every way of progress , especially when their own daughters are yet to be married .

If not why will he wait for more than 10 years before dangling education as bait to destroy a Marriage plan ?

No be JuJu be that ?

If I were the lady I wouldn't take the unlce serious.
You have to bring your promise why I'm getting old and getting married.

I'd rather marry, at least I have someone to depend on when broke and the husband might want to have an educated lady too.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by patorial(m): 1:07pm On Jun 25, 2023
pendragonbladgo:
Please all these people saying age, I attended a man who is 43 and got marry to a pretty girl of 20 this year February.

Many men at lates 30s who are not married but they have many pretty girls as pending wife....

I swear with my life. So what is the age all about. She has time so far she make sure she work harder and swiftly.

Nah woman them dey talk about here o, no bi man.

Reason the population of men that will marry any lady older than 25yrs.

Besides it doesn't look like this lady can even sponsor herself in school.

People never use promise finish your dreams for this life sha .

Uncle way no sponsor you since.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by aestake: 2:58pm On Jun 25, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.
You're not in tune...wait for you?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by jmichael259(m): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2023
If your feeling is mutual with the suitor and there's love or likeness not arranged marriage then Anybody advising you against the marriage is a witch including that your relation. End of story.

@29,30 what haven't they trained you in school all this while only to pop out now to stop the marriage? Why will his condition of furthering your academics be based on unless you drop marriage? No be JuJu. Make Una dey know who tie Una destiny.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nwaotu10(m): 5:02pm On Jun 25, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.
Wait, until you're 34?
Joker!! grin
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2023
Eileene:
■ Aunty calm down woke or no woke...I've given my advice do yours peacefully...Did she tell you she does not want to get married?If she doesn't want to Fine it's a personal choice ..But if she has mind to do so..This is her time I've said my 2cents...
All I did was ask you some questions. Why feel threatened by them? I actually hoped to get answers from you on them but I see you are too wired up so I will move on. undecided
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 25, 2023
No, until I'm 100.

Joker.. grin
Nwaotu10:

Wait, until you're 34?
Joker!! grin
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nwaotu10(m): 8:49pm On Jun 25, 2023
Samantha124:
No, until I'm 100.

Joker.. grin
grin
Should Op choose to decline marriage at the age of 29, she may ultimately hold herself accountable for the consequences.

In contemporary Nigerian , there exists a prevalent tendency among men to be reluctant in pursuing matrimonial commitments with women who are 28 years or older.

Na 18-21 years old girl I go marry sef. grin grin
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 25, 2023
Fortunately, this is not about you.

Joker... grin
Nwaotu10:

grin
Should Op choose to decline marriage at the age of 29, she may ultimately hold herself accountable for the consequences.

In contemporary Nigerian , there exists a prevalent tendency among men to be reluctant in pursuing matrimonial commitments with women who are 28 years or older.

Na 18-21 years old girl I go marry sef. grin grin
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by smartr: 9:38pm On Jun 25, 2023
Marry and use school money for a business!! Anything that makes you dependent on anyone, avoid it! Get back into tailoring and patch your life up from there.. School can wait. You can’t be thinking of a 9-5 job are you? More importantly, pray hard for God to make the journey of life easier.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by smartr: 9:42pm On Jun 25, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Wait, until you're 34?
Joker!! grin
Wahala for who dey listen to woman.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by OluwaEbuka1: 9:08am On Jun 26, 2023
You guys are very funny honestly! You are 29, a lady and have someone that wants to marry you and train you as well but you're considering rejecting his proposal because a relative promised to train you if you drop the marriage issue. Quick questions:

1. Where was this your relative all these years. At 29, you should even be done with your master's and have work experience. Where was he/her all these years?

2. Assuming you decide to proceed with the suggestion of your relative, so you will finish school at maybe 34/35 (depending on how ASUU behave and how fast you're able to secure admission), then you will start looking for a husband at that age. Don't you know the older you get as a lady, the more difficult it gets in finding a man and when you eventually find one, child birth gets difficult?

3. I hope you know is not like you will just walk up to a man after your studies and marry him? Finding a man (that will tick most of the boxes you want) will be more difficult as you get older.

4. Are you not aware of some people who are in school and they're married? In my days in Law School, we had a retired Deputy Inspector General of Police in my class. What are my saying? You can still school while in your husband's house.

5. Lastly, you may not even NEED to go back to school again. Note I said NEED not WANT. If you have a thriving business and you can communicate well (read and write), the pressure to go to University should reduce. Is only in Nigeria that we view people who did not go to the universities as "failures" even when they're better off than the "educated ones".

Think about it.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Youngsage: 11:01am On Jun 26, 2023
patorial:

Someone was seeking a life time advice and all you could offer was supervising the English she was never taught.

Life time advice you say? undecided

Who cares about her English? Her use of English is secondary, wasn't the basis for my comment. It's more about what she's saying than how she's saying it. Someone wanted to know which to go for between marriage and education, and I made a simple deduction from her post, so please tell me how my comment was out of place. Imagine a 30 year old seeking such an advice from an online public forum? Of course it says a lot about her thought process and how some basic quality education (informal or formal) can make it better.

People need to LEARN how to make the best decisions for themselves undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Are You Married To An Older Lady...? / It’s Satanic For Wives To Demand Money From Husbands Before Sex - Livinus Okeke / About Married Women And Male Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.