Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,377 members, 7,829,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? (21057 Views)

How My First Marriage Crashed After Several Abuse- Pastor Emmanuel Olumide (vid) / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by MadeMan01(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for
At 29, a woman is past her prime. Your degree is of no use to a man because he cannot depend on you to sustain his home. Also, your female hypergamy nature will not let you consider men below your status after acquiring more degrees and maybe better job . The problem will now be, the few men who meet your spec when they are ready for marriage will want younger fresher girls with less damage and mileage in their best years on mid 20s.

I'm shocked you are asking this. Feminism has really misled women. Women of old used to plan for marriage from late teens to early 20s to marry by 23, -25. Now a 29, almost 30 year old has not decided.

7 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by 12345baba(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
Go school o. Once u marry get belle u no go get time for ur life again.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by dmahn(m): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Thank you all for your contribution. The lady in question already have an ND. The relative is an in-law [sister's husband] and there is 100% asurance from him. But intended husband? We don't know how well or good is his work but he said he is ready to take reponsibility. We don't even know him in person including the lady he want to marry. She has an handwork but not longer good.she is just at takingcare of the children till she goes to school

It depends on priority. As for me marriage doesn't stop education. We need to stop planning our marital life based on sch wateva.. Marriage is as important as schooling and none of them is guaranteed for success. She has ND which is good, she can get a personal business for herself while running the HND part time. Why must she depend on the husbands promise.

Well I don't blame ladies that thinks marriage isn't the next thing at 29-30. You guys are all enjoying what is meant to be enjoyed in marriage so you don't care

Had it been we are in a society that doesn't allow pre-marital sex, all of una go no say body no be firewood and you ll get married in time.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by ThatCEO: 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for

high risk pregnancy will have set-in by d time she finishes at 34/35. Menopause sef could have set in.

Find out about the guy very well. Guy wey fit open mouth say him go take responsibility try o.

If una drag una feet n stress d guy too much, e fit be one 23 year old wey no get family problem him go Kuku go carry.

See now o, girl wey don 30, no education, no job, guy still say e go marry am. But if she was the one that was doing well, any guy that is not doing twice better than her won't even stand any chance.

6 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by KarinaSlim(f): 1:39pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

Let your own Relative train you o.

This is to avoid the "I Trained You" story in future after marriage. Or the usual, "I Trained Her In Nursing School And She bla bla bla".

I've said my own.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Basicend: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
Foodqueen:
Marriage can fail u, education won't. That's all I have to say.

Marriage now adays is rubbish TBH. Except if God is there. . And few allow him there.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Culbdome: 1:41pm On Jun 24, 2023
Money
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by luckyz4rea(m): 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
Adewale1603:
not marriage. But we do put priority too much on school/ certificate. As if they're not other things in life one can venture into, like vocational trade, skills, handwork, business e.t.c

You are right but in this context, marriage and school is the contention but apparently, he or she wants to be educated.

Let me use myself as a case study. If had done animal husbandry prior to going to school as I wanted to do, I would not have been this better informed about which aspect of husbandry to practice. Education opens not just doors of opportunities but doors of enlightenment.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by livinbygrace: 1:43pm On Jun 24, 2023
madridguy:
Jenny, since you have the 99% assurance from your relative, please forget marriage for now and go to school.

As for your potential husband, let him look for someone else so you can concentrate on your studies.

Which nonsense school at 30?Abeg make she marry the man and start going to school.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by zedegit: 1:44pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

Don't count on a man training you after marriage. Even if he will, you'll have dropped one or two kids for him and might even be carrying them to lectures which may schools in Nigeria frown at or leave them with someone.

If you were male, I will say go for education but since you are female, your biological clock is ticking. Learn a skill and marry but know that you will be more of a housewife cos he might end up not training you.

I don't know your priorities though.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by zedegit: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
Kemadealadire:
Both can be done together.

Very stressful.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by livinbygrace: 1:46pm On Jun 24, 2023
madridguy:
Jenny, since you have the 99% assurance from your relative, please forget marriage for now and go to school.

As for your potential husband, let him look for someone else so you can concentrate on your studies.

Na so school easy these.How many people dey go school get job?
Make she go school at 29 graduate at 34 and if she is lucky she will come back to the street and starts hairdresser,,fashion designer..Abeg make she go marry jo and do part time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Fkj2021: 1:47pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

You can get married and at the same time go to school.

If marriage stress will be the problem, go to NOUN where you can attend to your family issues and same time take your time to learn.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by zedegit: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Nazgul:

The man is just worried that if you get married while in school, childbirth and other family issues might hinder you from concentrating on your studies, so to him it's going to be like a waste of his precious money. Cos what's the point of spending money to sponsor someone who might end up having 2 or more extra years? What kind of result would you come out with at the end of the day?

If you really want to get married and still go to school, you can meet him and iron out things with him. Promise him that you'll maintain a CGPA of not less than 3.5 per academic session. That if you fall below that, he can withdraw he's sponsorship. If he sees your determination, he'll go ahead and sponsor you.

Don't make promises you can't keep. Pregnancy comes with challenges and you might enter labour on examination date.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by sweetman2022: 1:48pm On Jun 24, 2023
Going to school doesn't guarantee you success or jobs. At 29 you should be resourceful and intelligent to a point even without education except you have wasted those years behind you.
If you have find a resourceful and good man, better marry and have a plan to further your school with part time studies. You can improve on your Tailoring services and use it to make money while your husband support you during your PT studies.
Believe me at 29, I will never advise you to drop marriage and go for one certain school in this country that no guarantee of a good job when you graduate.
You can also try the method @Nazgul...gave you.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Olam09(m): 1:49pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Business
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Raymeg7(m): 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

Please I want to know as from 18 years u should have finish secondary school, where is this ur relative all this while from 18 years to 29 --30 years, now u have the opportunity to get married and also school with the help of ur husband and ur own self hustle,

Well I don't think u need advice on this, ur relative did not remember that' u will go to school after 11 good years, make ur choice ma

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by zedegit: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
Samantha124:
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.

Serious ke? What if you find someone else while he's waiting for you. Are you prepared to swear with ogwugwu that you wont cheat on him and that anytime you do, let amadioha comot your skull. grin

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by iwaeda: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Gain admission first and after 1st semester year two, marry him, but you can not do NYSC again oooo. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by sweetman2022: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
zedegit:

Don't make promises you can't keep. Pregnancy comes with challenges and you might enter labour on examination date.
It is a goal she will set for herself and work towards because of what is attached to it.
You don't need to read morning, afternoon and night to get that grade he suggested. You just need to be determined and focus. So it is achievable.
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by livinbygrace: 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Thank you all for your contribution. The lady in question already have an ND. The relative is an in-law [sister's husband] and there is 100% asurance from him. But intended husband? We don't know how well or good is his work but he said he is ready to take reponsibility. We don't even know him in person including the lady he want to marry. She has an handwork but not longer good.she is just at takingcare of the children till she goes to school

Babe 29yr old no be small age for man not to talk of a woman,if she go school now she will be graduating by 33/34,and by then she will be a regular customer in Shilloh.
Its better she marry now,and further..
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by abobote: 1:53pm On Jun 24, 2023
madridguy:

Don't follow this advise, except you want to remain single, when you graduate at 35, which husband is coming to marry the evening newspaper.

That your uncle have to wait till you are 29 before sponsoring your school

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by zedegit: 1:54pm On Jun 24, 2023
Justkatty:
Please education first
That was how I was deceived that I'll be getting trained, and later got pregnant out of wedlock
But thanks be to God after I put to bed, I went back to school Courtesy of my siblings.

Are you a single mum?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by livinbygrace: 1:55pm On Jun 24, 2023
abobote:

Don't follow this advise, except you want to remain single, when you graduate at 35, which husband is coming to marry the evening newspaper.

That your uncle have to wait till you are 29 before sponsoring your school

No mind them,na dat time dem go dey disturb themselves .How many of our girls wey dey go school dey use am work these days not to talk of a 34yr old WOman.

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by GideonOluwatobi(m): 1:56pm On Jun 24, 2023
1. Add the estimate of the years its gonna take to complete the studies to your age

2. Expect people older than you to approach you. But one thing mostly with males in Africa they choose to go for a younger woman to marry.

3. Women at age >35 have a lower rate to marriage
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by tegey: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
After he is finish training you will now leave him for another man, shey

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
We'll still be together while I'm busy furthering my education.
zedegit:

Serious ke? What if you find someone else while he's waiting for you. Are you prepared to swear with ogwugwu that you wont cheat on him and that anytime you do, let amadioha comot your skull. grin
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2023
Education first, if you marry before Education, it might be impossible to accomplish because of responsibilities, marital and financial.

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by zedegit: 1:58pm On Jun 24, 2023
sweetman2022:

It is a goal she will set for herself and work towards because of what is attached to it.
You don't need to read morning, afternoon and night to get that grade he suggested. You just need to be determined and focus. So it is achievable.

Are you married?
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by livinbygrace: 2:00pm On Jun 24, 2023
KarinaSlim:

This is to avoid the "I Trained You" story in future after marriage. Or the usual, "I Trained Her In Nursing School And She bla bla bla".

I've said my own.

At 30?i hear you
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Menclothing: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
Life no hard work and pray
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by putmanj146: 2:01pm On Jun 24, 2023
ednut1:
At 29 you will graduate and finish nysc by 35. Which entry level job will you get with that. Its better you go learn hairdressers or nails painting

Service at 35 ke 😳

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

About Married Women And Male Friends / They Both Work In Different Banks, Can Their Marriage Work? / Things Disappear In My House All The Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.