Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,547 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:09 PM

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? (20964 Views)

How My First Marriage Crashed After Several Abuse- Pastor Emmanuel Olumide (vid) / Popular Nairalander, Hungerbad Dies At Age 44 / Should I Save My Marriage Or Let Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JennyJossie: 6:24pm On Jun 23, 2023
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by madridguy(m): 6:35pm On Jun 23, 2023
Jenny, since you have the 99% assurance from your relative, please forget marriage for now and go to school.

As for your potential husband, let him look for someone else so you can concentrate on your studies.

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Omakraid(f): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2023
JennyJossie:
Your advice pls at 29 to 30 some one is ready to marry you and also promise to train you in school, but you are not sure. And one of your relative said he will train you in school, and you are sure about it but on the conditions that you must let go of marriage issues. Which one will you go for
What if after dropping the marriage plans, the relative also dropped school plans 🤷. Will your relation be there for all your school needs? By the time you gain admission at 29, you'll graduate at 33/34 and now start looking for how to settle down.

The person that wants to marry you and also train you in school, how financially buoyant is he?

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by kkins25(m): 7:31pm On Jun 23, 2023
JennyJossie:

I like the thinking of your relative. Anyway, how is that "relative" related to you? Let's confirm he isn't the competition.

Mod:

I see now that the "relative" is the sister's husband. Interesting!! Is this the husband of a younger sister or an older sister? If it's the husband of the later, then, she must thread carefully. As a man, I understand that there's always the impulse to eat from where you sow. @jennyjossie

@kobojunkie,

Given the nature of Nigerian marriages, which almost always result to 2 babies in the first three years, it seems logical that she go for option 1. But-- and this is a very big BUT, we don't know the nature of the lady in question. Her IQ, level of conscientious, and goals if any. The average Nigerian from an average federal university is usually half-baked, and incapable of- putting to use whatever skills are acquired from education.

She has an ND, is she going to continue with HND or start uni afresh? What field of study? I can tell you for a fact, many people attend universities with the mind set of "na to collect certificate be matter." So, very little effort is put into education.

Importantly, my concerns above are also valid. Although I am a guy, and I know myself and the kind of impulses that flood my brain, I assume every other man get such impulses. The relative is not a blood relative.. Those conditions seem strange, very strange. There may be other discussion on the ground that the lady in question has left out. Or, maybe I've lost faith in humanity grin grin grin

16 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Kobojunkie: 7:33pm On Jun 23, 2023
JennyJossie:
Abeg go school, O'jare! undecided

11 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Kemadealadire(f): 7:38pm On Jun 23, 2023
Both can be done together.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nazgul: 7:45pm On Jun 23, 2023
JennyJossie:
The man is just worried that if you get married while in school, childbirth and other family issues might hinder you from concentrating on your studies, so to him it's going to be like a waste of his precious money. Cos what's the point of spending money to sponsor someone who might end up having 2 or more extra years? What kind of result would you come out with at the end of the day?

If you really want to get married and still go to school, you can meet him and iron out things with him. Promise him that you'll maintain a CGPA of not less than 3.5 per academic session. That if you fall below that, he can withdraw he's sponsorship. If he sees your determination, he'll go ahead and sponsor you.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Foodqueen(f): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2023
Marriage can fail u, education won't. That's all I have to say.

36 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Karleb(m): 8:39pm On Jun 23, 2023
You can marry while schooling.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 23, 2023
I'll let go of the marriage idea and focus on school... If the guy is serious, he'll wait until I'm done with school and we'll get married.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Acidosis(m): 10:46pm On Jun 23, 2023
Why are people controlling your life at 29? What do you want for yourself?

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nobody: 12:12am On Jun 24, 2023
Do whatever you think is best for you.

4 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by ednut1(m): 2:23am On Jun 24, 2023
At 29 you will graduate by 35. Which entry level job will you get with that. Its better you go learn hairdressing or nails painting

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:53am On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

At that age, if the "school" is not something like school of Nursing, just forget it and go for a handiwork.

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Obnoxious2001(m): 6:25am On Jun 24, 2023
Omakraid:

What if after dropping the marriage plans, the relative also dropped school plans 🤷. Will your relation be there for all your school needs? By the time you gain admission at 29, you'll graduate at 33/34 and now start looking for how to settle down.

The person that wants to marry you and also train you in school, how financially buoyant is he?

This school in question, hope it's not a Nigerian school, because ASUU will help you plan better

23 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Omakraid(f): 8:24am On Jun 24, 2023
Obnoxious2001:

This school in question, hope it's not a Nigerian school, because ASUU will help you plan better
Lol, very true

13 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by VTJN(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2023
Nazgul:

The man is just worried that if you get married while in school, childbirth and other family issues might hinder you from concentrating on your studies, so to him it's going to be like a waste of his precious money. Cos what's the point of spending money to sponsor someone who might end up having 2 or more extra years? What kind of result would you come out with at the end of the day?

If you really want to get married and still go to school, you can meet him and iron out things with him. Promise him that you'll maintain a CGPA of not less than 3.5 per academic session. That if you fall below that, he can withdraw he's sponsorship. If he sees your determination, he'll go ahead and sponsor you.
The potential husband in question is willing to see her through school after marriage but she isn't sure about it. You understand how men do promise heaven and earth but hardly fulfil it.

3 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by bukatyne(f): 8:53am On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

1. What do you want?
2. Why are you just making this decision at 29? What happened from 20 - 29? Did you learn any handiwork, go to school partially e.g. NCE, OND etc?
3. The man 'interested' in marrying you and sending you to school after marriage, what kind of man is he?
4. I understand your uncle halting the training plans upon marriage. Once you are married, you become your husband's responsibility.

Since you asked the one we would go for:

At your age, I would learn an handiwork well for about a year or two from a professional (tailoring, hairdressing, baking, etc) and open a shop.

As the business is growing, I would be taking relevant short courses to improve myself and grow my business.

If you are so keen on a degree, you can do part time/ online schooling alongside your business and do an MBA after.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nazgul: 9:21am On Jun 24, 2023
VTJN:
The potential husband in question is willing to see her through school after marriage but she isn't sure about it. You understand how men do promise heaven and earth but hardly fulfil it.
It's simple, let her fiancee start, then maybe when she's like in 200l, they can both get married. That way, he won't be able to abandon her cos it would be a total waste of money for him.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Justkatty(f): 10:12am On Jun 24, 2023
Please education first
That was how I was deceived that I'll be getting trained, and later got pregnant out of wedlock
But thanks be to God after I put to bed, I went back to school Courtesy of my siblings.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JennyJossie: 10:29am On Jun 24, 2023
Thank you all for your contribution. The lady in question already have an ND. The relative is an in-law [sister's husband] and there is 100% asurance from him. But intended husband? We don't know how well or good is his work but he said he is ready to take reponsibility. We don't even know him in person including the lady he want to marry. She has an handwork but not longer good.she is just at takingcare of the children till she goes to school
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Nemesis0147(m): 10:45am On Jun 24, 2023
madridguy:
Jenny, since you have the 99% assurance from your relative, please forget marriage for now and go to school.

As for your potential husband, let him look for someone else so you can concentrate on your studies.
relatives never show you Shege before my man…
Watch them frustrate when she get admission….they will first tell her the school she must be admitted to first and might still force a course on you…..she should not put her eggs in one basket oh
People dy disappoint

6 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by JennyJossie: 10:53am On Jun 24, 2023
bukatyne:

1. What do you want?
2. Why are you just making this decision at 29? What happened from 20 - 29? Did you learn any handiwork, go to school partially e.g. NCE, OND etc?
3. The man 'interested' in marrying you and sending you to school after marriage, what kind of man is he?
4. I understand your uncle halting the training plans upon marriage. Once you are married, you become your husband's responsibility.

Since you asked the one we would go for:

At your age, I would learn an handiwork well for about a year or two from a professional (tailoring, hairdressing, baking, etc) and open a shop.

As the business is growing, I would be taking relevant short courses to improve myself and grow my business.

If you are so keen on a degree, you can do part time/ online schooling alongside your business and do an MBA after.

she is a tailor but not that good again. And also an ND holder

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by bukatyne(f): 11:10am On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
she is a tailor but not that good again. And also an ND holder

Then she should brush up or revamp her tailoring skills.

7 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by madridguy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 24, 2023
From what she wrote the relative is her best bet.

Nemesis0147:
relatives never show you Shege before my man…
Watch them frustrate when she get admission….they will first tell her the school she must be admitted to first and might still force a course on you…..she should not put her eggs in one basket oh
People dy disappoint

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Youngsage: 1:21pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:

Well I don't know but if you still type like this at the age of 30 then there are obviously a lot of issues and you sure need some education undecided

2 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by myrrtle(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Tboymessiah(m): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
NasoLifeBe!!!

1 Like

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by STENON(f): 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
JennyJossie:
Marriage please

9 Likes

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by slawomir: 1:22pm On Jun 24, 2023
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read comments

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? by Muh247: 1:23pm On Jun 24, 2023
Go and meet a spiritualist to guide your path

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.