Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,002 members, 7,835,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents (31641 Views)

Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / INEC Uploaded Jigawa Results On IREV Portal As Imo Results – PDP / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by kayevans: 8:40am On Jun 30, 2023
This people think they are talking to idiots

Is it not even self indicting and more suspicious to say that it worked in the Senate and HOR elections but failed in the Presidential when both were held same day
And then suddenly started working for Governorhsip and HOA elections?

And this diarrhea mouthed imp is a lawyer?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Bennycollins: 8:45am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.
There are over 100,000 polling units.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

So what happen in those units that you had no agent? How can you prove fraud?

Tell this Obi guy to stop wasting his time and 🤑
Three candidates are in court challenging the presidential election and it is only Obi that gives you heart attack. The whole world understand the reason. Seun Okinbaloye is asking sensitive questions as a dispassionate journalist and a Nigerian, you senselessly bring in Obi, did Obi send Seun to anchor the program?
Why do we even mind everyone sef.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:24am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

We told them there is structure in politics ... They want to become president under one year.... Jokers grin..
They don't believe in building ... Some Nigerians are just plain stupid... Someone that can't patiently build a party wants to help Nigeria.... Aswear if Obi had won... Nigeria will scatter... Cuz the house of rep and Senate won't work with him... It won't be seem less... Since youth are not ready to float a party so former leaders will continue to rule us.. Obi no be saint He was with PDP before... I can't even trust someone like that if business jam us together...
What's their party agents doing ? I have been saying this longtime ago... They are all stupid ... The result they had with the ones they have agents they should collate it and let see... Awon werey... This election really should many people from the south just go scire go waste their time .... Especially those yorubas that supported Obi ..many of them no get sense
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:24am On Jun 30, 2023
ClassicMan202:
When INEC boss was busy singing in interviews that results will be uploaded real time.... Una no know abi??

INEC has no excuse whatsoever

Hear yourself... So we should leave INEC and rely on on party agents??

What if the so called courier tampered with the amount??

This is why Nigeria released huge sums of money to INEC, to avoid all this courier talk
Shut up ... Agents no get result ?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:26am On Jun 30, 2023
paymentvoucher:
Roles and responsibilities of party agents cannot be overemphasized during elections. When APC and PDP were busy recruiting party agents across all polling units in Nigeria, LP was busy with town hall meetings in some selected geopolitical zones in the country. I wasn’t surprised that LP couldn’t challenge the result at the tribunal hence the IREV real time upload challenge.

If you still believe any court in Nigeria will upturn the election result, you are sleeping on a bicycle. Very soon, technicality will step in. Nigeria doesn’t even have enough to conduct another election this period, I don’t know if we would have recovered in the next four years anyways. All thanks to Uncle Buhari
Very unprepared ... Mumu party and their followers... Wetin dem go upload if agent no dey ... They want to build castle in the air...
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by OfficialP: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2023
CyracksMrBlogger:
Real facts, party agents should be relied upon
party agents that will look the other way when the opposition bribes them.

They can't be trusted
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:30am On Jun 30, 2023
AutoChick4U:
So what was the need for irev in the first place if una plan to rely on agents? Corrupt party
This just shows LP are not ready ... At least why didn't the party have agents in all units .... In case shits happens... Even PDP had more agents than APC... LP no serious now them wan die for court... Una wey dey support sef no get sense... The opposition has to be very smart fulfilling all righteous from their side first... Incompetency wan kee LP... The case would have been easier if they had enough party agents and also have prove they had more vote...
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:33am On Jun 30, 2023
CyracksMrBlogger:
Real facts, party agents should be relied upon
For a serious party who knows what they are doing... LP dey find shortcut. Mumu people , them wan comot incumbent not doing enough from their side... This things takes time and consistent hardwork
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2023
ekeneokwologu:
If you have enough money to japa pls do so n don't look back. Nigeria is already gone.
Na drug most of your kinsmen dey do there..
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:34am On Jun 30, 2023
OfeAchi:
Declare the Elections inconclusive!
Oponu
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nononsense247: 9:35am On Jun 30, 2023
onuman:
So why did this fool and his INEC waste billions of Naira on establishing the system for electronic transmission of vote results if he knew that party agents' presence is enough for the election?
Is it going to be again like the 2019 denial of INEC SERVER by INEC officials; a denial they used to insult the psyches of court judges and lawyers?
It can fail oga ... Na machine .. Why Labour to do their work manually .... Eti yawerey
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Bringbackmandat: 9:39am On Jun 30, 2023
paymentvoucher:
Roles and responsibilities of party agents cannot be overemphasized during elections. When APC and PDP were busy recruiting party agents across all polling units in Nigeria, LP was busy with town hall meetings in some selected geopolitical zones in the country. I wasn’t surprised that LP couldn’t challenge the result at the tribunal hence the IREV real time upload challenge.

If you still believe any court in Nigeria will upturn the election result, you are sleeping on a bicycle. Very soon, technicality will step in. Nigeria doesn’t even have enough to conduct another election this period, I don’t know if we would have recovered in the next four years anyways. All thanks to Uncle Buhari
just shut up. Who doesn't know that tinubu bought all the Yoruba agents and even some northern agents. All the PDP agents in Ogun state and Ekiti state were bought by tinubu using his ill gotten money.
Most agents are sell out, so the only people we can trust is INEC. Now INEC has turned themselves to rigging machines.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by qtx(m): 9:44am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

And you expect the court to rely on party agents's results rather than the one from the statutory org(INEC) with the mandate to conduct election and keep records? I think some of us need some education and be unveiled from this politic.al, triba.l and religio.us coverings
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by engineerboat(m): 10:11am On Jun 30, 2023
fergie001:
Excerpts from Seun Okin's interview with Festus Okoye, INEC's National Commissioner on Voter Education/Publicity on #PoliticsToday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTEz6hr3ovQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEo4JM3P1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTl9nzlsi-w

Seun should know that Festus Okoye will not say what happened differently from what they've been prep to say at the ongoing tribunal saying anything otherwise will be counter productive to their defence

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by bentenny(m): 10:25am On Jun 30, 2023
Mancala:

The overall point is not that the process should rely solely on party agents. They are just one leg of a balanced three legged stool.. IREV, the signed results sheets/BVAS and the paper ballots themselves. All should be saying the same thing. If IREV data is in dispute, we can validate with either the signed result sheets (party agents and INECs copies) or paper ballots. INEC did not declare results based on data in IREV. It was non existent at the time. They claimed to have manually compiled result sheets. That is where to start from and prove they are being dishonest. I saw “evidence” of lots of “manipulated sheets” shortly after the elections. Where is all that in this process? Frustrating for an average onlooker.
I can’t speak to whether or not INEC was legally required to upload, transmit and collate results in IREV before announcing a winner. That is left for the courts to decide. But I can definitely say that even if they did that and there is a dispute, the party agents have the evidence in their hands to prove INEC was deceptive if they were.
The IREV was one of the most important features that encouraged voters about the readiness of INEC to finally put things right by ensuring transparency and accountability in our electoral process!

The IREV was probably the reason why the electoral law was amended to give powers to INEC to choose a mode of transmission which they said boldly was through electronic means and the rules and guidelines of INEC which is as powerful as the electoral law was given!

Once IREV either encountered a glitch or error during an election,the process could have been halted as any other alteration of the chosen mode of transmission would be unconstitutional and unacceptable to all and sundry!

As much as I agree that the aggreived parties should be able to rely on agents election documents for proof,this totally makes a mockery of the entire electronic transmission process where humongous funds from taxpayers were allocated and takes us back to the reliance on manual transmission!
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by paymentvoucher: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2023
You can contribute without abuse, you know. grin
Bringbackmandat:
just shut up. Who doesn't know that tinubu bought all the Yoruba agents and even some northern agents. All the PDP agents in Ogun state and Ekiti state were bought by tinubu using his ill gotten money.
Most agents are sell out, so the only people we can trust is INEC. Now INEC has turned themselves to rigging machines.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Bringbackmandat: 10:30am On Jun 30, 2023
paymentvoucher:
You can contribute without abuse, you know. grin
what is the abuse in my statement?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by benjaminlawson(m): 10:43am On Jun 30, 2023
Am yet to understand Nigerians, is it because of ethic and religious bias that has kill our sense of reasoning. How would a sane person come and tell us that party agents have the result, then irev does not matter. Is inec working for political parties or Nigerians, even if political parties have it, the other Nigerians is not entitled to the result real time? Irev is a creation of law to check the authenticity of result collated, now if there is dispute in result collated, where do we check the actual result at any level, as it happened at national collating center in Abuja, where Senator Dino was advocating that they should wait until the result is uploaded to irev before they continue the collation, but yakubu did not listing. Nigerians should not say because their candidate was favoured in the rigging then let it be, it may turn to you later. Up till today inec has not told any Nigeria the type of glitches they experienced, all what okoye was saying glitches, and that, he is not technically competent to explain the glitches, then send your expert to explain, after all, even if your so called expert lie, many Nigeria are there to expose his lies.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by benjaminlawson(m): 11:06am On Jun 30, 2023
qtx:

And you expect the court to rely on party agents's results rather than the one from the statutory org(INEC) with the mandate to conduct election and keep records? I think some of us need some education and be unveiled from this politic.al, triba.l and religio.us coverings

Please its not about education, even if you are educated, God gave common sense of reasoning, but the problem in Nigeria is that of ethic and religious bias that has killed our sense of reasoning. This is what most of our wicked political leaders are using to enslave us continue corruptly enriching themselves, if I wonder how someone will be thinking that party agent result should be taken as authentic result. God deliver us in this country because the truth will exalt a nation.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Pityoobi: 11:15am On Jun 30, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggarrrr

Warey

If nor be tribalism way dey worry us for Nigeria

You and Mahmoud for don dey one side that na if at all una still dey alive after a cataclysmic revolution and protest fall on una head

This is why I love arab country
Light up my weed while I puff it with anger and walk outta this thread
Smoking the wrong weed omo ale
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Tonnierichy(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2023
onuman:

Atiku Abubakar, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso belonged to APC until not long ago.
Even a kid with good senses will tell you that Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso would share the votes of their political constituency; and that left Peter Obi to win, even with a wide margin of votes.

Or what do you think made INEC disable the password for upload of only presidential election results, if not that INEC earlier saw Obi leading with a very wide margin of votes?

Lol. Clown. That's what they discussed in your WhatsApp group this week innit? Where did Obi belong before campaign started? AAC?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Electorate: 12:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

Atiku is also in court but it is only Obi you mentioned meaning Obi is indeed a pain in your asses evidence he will win the case in court...grin grin grin ;F
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Majesty7: 12:17pm On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

Honestly you can't stop to wonder. Do they want to hack the IREV? Don't they have party agents and what was the party agents conclusion? If I am the judge and you came out to discredit any information without proof of you being on ground, I will send that fellow to jail.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by bolivnnaija: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2023
Gbogbowa:
Only few people stay in a polling unit but everyone can see what happened in all PU that day if they upload the results,for instance no body is contestng senate and house assembly results because it was updated and everyone can see the winner.the evil you are supporting will hurt you one day.remember the man that was stone to death in sokoto possibly supported the killing of Deborah but today what happen
That is what they don't understand. The evil you support because of sentiments or nepotism, will turn and hunt you later in life.
If you hide the truth or accommodate evil the same evil will destroy you in due time.
Let's continue!
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Mancala: 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2023
bentenny:

The IREV was one of the most important features that encouraged voters about the readiness of INEC to finally put things right by ensuring transparency and accountability in our electoral process!

The IREV was probably the reason why the electoral law was amended to give powers to INEC to choose a mode of transmission which they said boldly was through electronic means and the rules and guidelines of INEC which is as powerful as the electoral law was given!

Once IREV either encountered a glitch or error during an election,the process could have been halted as any other alteration of the chosen mode of transmission would be unconstitutional and unacceptable to all and sundry!

As much as I agree that the aggreived parties should be able to rely on agents election documents for proof,this totally makes a mockery of the entire electronic transmission process where humongous funds from taxpayers were allocated and takes us back to the reliance on manual transmission!

Two points you made here which I spoke to in a previous post. I cannot speak to the legality or otherwise of transmission of results outside of IREV. That is a process issue and left to the courts to decide and doesn’t speak to results being rigged or not. However, I wouldn’t go as far as saying it’s unconstitutional as this is really not enshrined in our constitution but rather in laws passed by legislature.
Your second point about waste of taxpayers money is speaking to the “court of public opinion” and not really a legal issue before the courts in this legal process. But needless to say that iINECs reputation is already damaged and the Nigerian public has no confidence in the institution going back several electoral cycles into the past since the 90’s.
My pain point is that nobody is showing any evidence that proves that the results were rigged/changed and this in itself is very annoying because the courts will not rule on that rather on the legality or otherwise of non transmission through IREV. Whichever way that goes, INEC officially comes out smelling roses because even if the court rules it was an illegal process, that doesn’t prove the results were changed which is what the plaintiffs and a portion of the public claims and believes.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Jeffy1206(m): 3:34pm On Jun 30, 2023
Menclothing:

If they have agent so simple add all the results together give us your real figure

From pdp situation room Lp lost
Lol. Say you're from PDP abi 😀😀
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Jeffy1206(m): 3:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
Image123:

LoLz, merger with who? So why can't they prove that they won since they had agents everywhere? People that couldn't afford common situation room.
watch and see.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by ebenholer2(m): 3:42pm On Jun 30, 2023
LesbianBoy:
Has anyone else noticed this....

This evil APC government always put the igbos where they know there would be plenty curses rained on the person. And the mumu sell out igbos take such rubbish jobs. From this bastard inec spokes guy to the DSS spokesperson etc angry
He Just told u folks the truth that u are finding hard to accept.By now there should be plan for the next 4years election from the grassroot for a serious minded party.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by garfield1: 4:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
onuman:

The core north is made up of the 12 states that adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws.
The Muslim presidential candidates - Alhajis, Tinubu, Atiku and Kwankwaso, as you rightly stated must have shared the votes from the core north; more so, after Tinubu's APC took to Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket which polarised the presidential election to become a contest between Muslims and Christians, in Nigeria nearly equally divided between Muslims and Christians.
So, if you are awakened from sleep, you must say that the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, who was supported mostly by non Muslims and non Muslim hardliners, must have won the presidential election - clean.

Oga,even though core north votes were shared,obi got nothing there while a lot of Xtians still voted atiku and tinubu.the largest voting strength and turnout is ne/nw while the obi base which is se SS is the smallest.therefore,whatever tinubu got in core north dwarfed obi votes in the south.total votes in nw was 6.5 mil.tinubu got 2.7 mil.while obi votes in se was 1.9 mil.can you see the difference?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by onuman: 5:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
garfield1:

Oga,even though core north votes were shared,obi got nothing there while a lot of Xtians still voted atiku and tinubu.the largest voting strength and turnout is ne/nw while the obi base which is se SS is the smallest.therefore,whatever tinubu got in core north dwarfed obi votes in the south.total votes in nw was 6.5 mil.tinubu got 2.7 mil.while obi votes in se was 1.9 mil.can you see the difference?

Lol. Tinubu did not meet the Constitutional requirement for 25% of votes in Abuja capital territory. Not even a Judge Bola Tinubu or SAN Tinubu can wriggle him out of that.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by GodIsGreat001: 5:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
IRev is not a duty to political parties dummy, it’s for the citizens to see that the process is clean... Party Agent is got political party e no concern us citizen
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by garfield1: 5:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
onuman:

Lol. Tinubu did not meet the Constitutional requirement for 25% of votes in Abuja capital territory. Not even a Judge Bola Tinubu or SAN Tinubu can wriggle him out of that.

Even if he didn't meet it,the rerun will be between tinubu and atiku.obi will be sidelined.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan / Niger Delta Avengers Bomb Chevron Oil Well Amidst Heavy Security (Photo) / Nigerian Army Burst IPOB/ESN Major Firearms And Drone Factory In Delta (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.