Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents (31626 Views)

Atedo Peterside: 100 % Of Unaltered Result On IREV Gave Adeleke Victory / INEC Uploaded Jigawa Results On IREV Portal As Imo Results – PDP / Festus Okoye: Why APGA Won’t Participate In Anambra Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by hedonido: 11:10pm On Jun 29, 2023
ahms12:
If we can keep sentiment aside , he actually has a point... Every party agent was present at each polling unit... So far rigging to occur that's mean there must be an agreement within the agents. So it's not only Apc that agreed to rig the election alone. Also Pdp and Lp are also a partaking in the rigging to some extent.

My own opinion though

You and your opinion are very stupid. Very very. I hate stupid people.

Read the nonsense you wrote again, and cry yourself to sleep.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Johnn74: 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
cool
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Proudlyomonna: 11:14pm On Jun 29, 2023
helinues:
grin

Before the election, we asked the opposition if they understand the role of a party agents, they had no clue.

The oppositions relied on the results that would be upload on Irev to collate the results as they are short of party agents. At least LP was short of ten thousands of agents across the 177k polling unit in Nigeria

https://www.nairaland.com/7594746/oppositions-relied-inec-results-collate

cheesy grin Here We go again with the blether,phooey and tommyrot talk grin

So You are in essence saying We should leave Inec and hold the party agents responsible grin

You are an archetype and embracement of the the narrative that the Nigerian academic system is a mess.

An half educated mind is a problem to healthy mental state.

Education is way beyond go to school and come out with a certificate. It is an empowerment of the mind, it plunders Your mental comprehensive state to a recourse, towards thinking and reasoning well.

Inec should be held responsible for whatever shortcomings they had in the course of delivering whatever services They were paid to do.

Plain common sense be big problem to some people sha cheesy

1 Share

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by kayjay69(m): 11:18pm On Jun 29, 2023
You ask what is it and I reply, it is really simple, in Nigeria there has never been nor will there ever be consequences.

No consequences either from a concerned citizen putting a bullet in the head of any corrupt public official and certainly no consequences from the joke of the justice system we have always had.

So yes, there goes your answer.
Novarisammy2:
cock and bull story

What is it about the government and its agents and employees that they can lie to us with impunity, but we risk being sent to jail if we lie to them?
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Shikini: 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Nigeria is doomed
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by kayjay69(m): 11:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
Did you miss the part where party agents were coerced into signing off on elections result sheets?

Did you miss the part where the PU sheets were heavily doctored at the state collation centers which is what has led to the heavy discrepancy that produced Adekunle Tinubu (F) as the winner of the just concluded sham elections?

Did you miss the part where INEC officials purposely lied that BVAS machines were not working in several PUs all so that they could resort to manual which is the very process we sought to avoid by adopting the BVAS and IreV system?

Or are we going to pretend like that never happened?

Nigerians have convenient amnesia. We are a special breed of people. It is no wonder our leadership understand us and it is not a coincidence that we have the type of leadership that we have.
ahms12:
If we can keep sentiment aside , he actually has a point... Every party agent was present at each polling unit... So far rigging to occur that's mean there must be an agreement within the agents. So it's not only Apc that agreed to rig the election alone. Also Pdp and Lp are also a partaking in the rigging to some extent.

My own opinion though
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by nkemjacob2(m): 11:25pm On Jun 29, 2023
D purpose of using electronic device has been defeated if so. Let's go back to stone age and manual election. STUPID INSTITUTION
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Wutinky: 11:29pm On Jun 29, 2023
Geopex:

did u say 50%, if u mean that, it shows the party is not serious and not well accepted. lp was not well represented in ekiti. let's assume in my polling unit, nobody represent lp and they got 2 votes after counting. my close frd was pdp agent , and I am apc agent, so when writing the results, what if me and my frd decided to cheat and share lp votes to our own results and perfect the results in such a way that it doesn't exceeded the accredited number. or inec officials change the number at ward level to suppress lp votes. b4 uploading to server

Why did INEC waste our money on irev if it was never going to be used?
IREV was meant to replace this kind of problems you mentioned, you are part of the problem of Nigeria
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by AfonjaScud: 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
LesbianBoy:
Has anyone else noticed this....

This evil APC government always put the igbos where they know there would be plenty curses rained on the person. And the mumu sell out igbos take such rubbish jobs. From this bastard inec spokes guy to the DSS spokesperson etc angry

They know that people from that region are very good in dirty jobs that require no scruples
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by DollarMarley247: 11:51pm On Jun 29, 2023
When Dino the PDP National agent raise a motion that the result been announced by the returning officers did not tally with what they are having in their situation room, He make reference to Lagos states result, D so call Yakubu did not agree with him. Instead ask the returning officer to continue. If LP did not have pooling agents across all the polling units, what about the PDD which have pooling units...
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Mancala: 12:13am On Jun 30, 2023
9jatriot:
The question is, from the result uploaded has there been any agent that said that the result he signed is different from the one that has been uploaded?

Speaking from the perspective of a far removed observer with no first hand evidence and absolutely no vested interest, and incidentally this is how the judicial system should view the matter, this is probably the most pointed remark that speaks to the heart of the dispute.
Both sides have conducted their cases in a very strange manner. First, the statement from INEC that there was a glitch that affected the presidential process, and neither of the other two processes that ran simultaneously is really suspect. In my mind perhaps untrue. However, how do you prove that he is lying? What he said is very unlikely but not improbable. And even if he is fibbing, that still doesn’t prove that the results were manipulated. There needs to be first hand evidence to that effect and the plaintiffs need to present and address this evidence in court. As to what constitutes first hand evidence, the superior courts have already hinted at that. Having said this, it is clear that INEC did not collate results from what was on IREV because the results weren’t there as at that time. The collation was a manual exercise. So why in heavens name have the plaintiffs not shown examples of results sheets in their possession from party agents, that are different from what they subpoenaed from INEC?? If LP doesn’t have it, what about PDP? I saw a lot of shady supposed manipulated results sheets online during the elections. Where are they today? I thought this case would be a slam dunk for the plaintiffs with all I saw previously but the focus has been on technicalities. What is going on here? Some of us were hoping to see direct evidence of rigging so that the courts can put an end to shenanigans in Nigeria’s electoral process by demonstrating that if you rig, you will be caught and removed. I am extremely disappointed in how both sides have conducted this inquiry thus far. Why the hell is this attorney speaking on an issue that is current being adjudicated?

2 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by maestroferddi: 12:19am On Jun 30, 2023
Imagine how someone's father is making a fool of himself on national TV...

Tell us the nature of the so-called glitch and you are talking nonsense...

maybe you are talking to people who are not conversant with the electoral process...

You uploaded two results out of the three conducted at the same time...

Let's see how you will convince a judge that you are making sense...
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by biina: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2023
If we need to rely on party agents (whose obligations are to the interest of their respective parties) of what irrelevant use is INEC for?

But then, given the evidence of the last election, can we not then say that INEC staff are also party agents, undecided
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by IbrahimSola: 12:30am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.
There are over 100,000 polling units.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

So what happen in those units that you had no agent? How can you prove fraud?

Tell this Obi guy to stop wasting his time and 🤑

Then why did they spend so much to acquire iRev in the first place? Your myopia nauseates. Really. Yet we see other countries working, but our own is doomed. What do you think is responsible? Its citizens like you who support evil because it favours them today. I'm sure you're buying fuel at N200 per litre as APC stalwart. E no go better for High neck Chairman and that foolish Foolstus Okoye.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by ShenTeh(m): 12:34am On Jun 30, 2023
Thank you Seun for your followup questions.

Is the INEC man now saying that party agents are the final arbiters of election results? This is laughable to say the least.

And by the way, why is the guy all riled up over questions that demand clear and straightforward answers!
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Abufo: 12:40am On Jun 30, 2023
Novarisammy2:
cock and bull story

What is it about the government and its agents and employees that they can lie to us with impunity, but we risk being sent to jail if we lie to them?

Where are the government officials and judges that are willing to censure them and throw their corrupt behinds into jail! na the same government that organised the biggest electoral fraud in the history of elections in Africa! What many nigerians have sown,they will surely reap!
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by garfield1: 12:40am On Jun 30, 2023
onuman:

Atiku Abubakar, Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Alhaji Rabiu Kwankwaso belonged to APC until not long ago.
Even a kid with good senses will tell you that Atiku, Tinubu and Kwankwaso would share the votes of their political constituency; and that left Peter Obi to win, even with a wide margin of votes.

Or what do you think made INEC disable the password for upload of only presidential election results, if not that INEC earlier saw Obi leading with a very wide margin of votes?

But atiku,tinubu and kwankwaso shared votes in the core north but still thrashed obi
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by garfield1: 12:42am On Jun 30, 2023
DollarMarley247:
When Dino the PDP National agent raise a motion that the result been announced by the returning officers did not tally with what they are having in their situation room, He make reference to Lagos states result, D so call Yakubu did not agree with him. Instead ask the returning officer to continue. If LP did not have pooling agents across all the polling units, what about the PDD which have pooling units...

That complain was supposed to be raised at the lower collation centres

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Mancala: 12:50am On Jun 30, 2023
A party agent is present to keep the electoral umpire honest. If there is a dispute, all agents provide their original signed copies of the results and compare with INECs copy. Easy as pie to figure out who is being dishonest. This should be a slam dunk case! I smell a rat on both sides.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by bentenny(m): 12:51am On Jun 30, 2023
Relying on party agents instead of the IREV that humongous funds from taxpayers were budgeted for is like saying there was never any need for electronic transmission in the first place!
Like someone rightly said,Okoye will come out and say whatever he likes because he knows the country is already polarised due to ethnicity and religious lines and they see us as fools that can easily be deceived!
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by onuman: 12:59am On Jun 30, 2023
garfield1:

But atiku,tinubu and kwankwaso shared votes in the core north but still thrashed obi

The core north is made up of the 12 states that adopted unconstitutional Islamic sharia criminal laws.
The Muslim presidential candidates - Alhajis, Tinubu, Atiku and Kwankwaso, as you rightly stated must have shared the votes from the core north; more so, after Tinubu's APC took to Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket which polarised the presidential election to become a contest between Muslims and Christians, in Nigeria nearly equally divided between Muslims and Christians.
So, if you are awakened from sleep, you must say that the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, who was supported mostly by non Muslims and non Muslim hardliners, must have won the presidential election - clean.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Assetosky(m): 12:59am On Jun 30, 2023
Osilama1:
irev is for public viewing... Hard copy is what INEC announced which party agents signed... Collation of results is manual from polling units to ward to Loca govt to state to Abuja... Anything else is playing to the gallery

You will explain this thing tire,them no go hear o. All of them don't even know the purpose of form EC8A. Anybody who is contesting IREV instead of form EC8A is a foo.l

2 Likes

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by onuman: 1:10am On Jun 30, 2023
Assetosky:

You will explain this thing tire,them no go hear o. All of them don't even know the purpose of form EC8A. Anybody who is contesting IREV instead of form EC8A is a foo.l

Form EC8A was meant for election results to be electronically transmitted from the BVAS to INEC portal.

The real fooool is one who supports the idea that the billions of Naira spent for BVAS and IReV portal by his/her country to make general elections more transparent, should be a waste, just for him/her to have a former drug trafficking lord and ocassionally insentient Tinubu to succeed President Buhari from a political party which made Nigeria become the POVERTY CAPITAL of the world and one of the most terrorised and indebted countries on earth.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Mancala: 1:16am On Jun 30, 2023
bentenny:
Relying on party agents instead of the IREV that humongous funds from taxpayers were budgeted for is like saying there was never any need for electronic transmission in the first place!
Like someone rightly said,Okoye will come out and say whatever he likes because he knows the country is already polarised due to ethnicity and religious lines and they see us as fools that can easily be deceived!

The overall point is not that the process should rely solely on party agents. They are just one leg of a balanced three legged stool.. IREV, the signed results sheets/BVAS and the paper ballots themselves. All should be saying the same thing. If IREV data is in dispute, we can validate with either the signed result sheets (party agents and INECs copies) or paper ballots. INEC did not declare results based on data in IREV. It was non existent at the time. They claimed to have manually compiled result sheets. That is where to start from and prove they are being dishonest. I saw “evidence” of lots of “manipulated sheets” shortly after the elections. Where is all that in this process? Frustrating for an average onlooker.
I can’t speak to whether or not INEC was legally required to upload, transmit and collate results in IREV before announcing a winner. That is left for the courts to decide. But I can definitely say that even if they did that and there is a dispute, the party agents have the evidence in their hands to prove INEC was deceptive if they were.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by AMI3(m): 1:20am On Jun 30, 2023
ahms12:

My own opinion though

Please the man has no excuse. If u have been following the Court proceedings u find out that for them to present the hard copy of the presidential result that made "tilumbu" win they couldn't.

Even the one they presented their lawyers objected it.

They have uploaded other result y is it that up till today they can't do same to presidential?

We should learn to hold these people accountable so that they will not be taking millions of Nigerians as foooools .

I believe this is lesson to them so that they will know that they are independent organization
We paid them to do a good job but they fail us. Everybody should drag them so that they will understand the weight of their sin
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 1:28am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

APC and PDP had party agents in all, as party agents are expected to stay at the polling units, count votes there and sign the form before the form is either uploaded it the hard copy taken to the collation Centre.

You're unable to get 100,000 plus agents to assist and you want to claim fraud or rely on IREV.

u have said nothing. Brainwashed Agbadorian
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by broadman20: 1:31am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

One day this statement you made today will be used against you.

Go and ask Abacha's family members what happened to them when Obj became the president after many years of suffering in their hands.

You may be too you to know this.......
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by SHNAYAJO: 2:38am On Jun 30, 2023
If I buy a car today and it’s developed fault that same day.. most definitely the manufacturer have failed & they shld be held accountable for it..
Inec has failed..
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Tsolutionifede(m): 2:45am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

you have time to explain to sick, paranoid people called Obi supporters, they are hatred filled region, cursed one to be precised, let them do their worst, they are frustrated, today Biafra tommorow NIGERIA, awon oloshi

1 Like

Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by bejick(m): 3:07am On Jun 30, 2023
davodyguy:
Stating the fact.

are we talking about Obi here or about INEC. You didn't mention Atiku but Obi. The guilty run when no one pursuing them.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Nobody: 3:44am On Jun 30, 2023
Why did inec spent 300b to developed the irev ane bivas ane even went ahead to asure us that election result would be upload at realtime?Even with agent,results are still altered.
Re: Festus Okoye: I Don't Understand Reliance On IReV when the parties had agents by Lush100(m): 3:53am On Jun 30, 2023
If political parties are known or have the tendency to want to rig election, so why rely on them.
As party agents may also be used as a tool.
Moles can be planted.
Party agents can be robbed or killed.
Putting it on an electronic platform at the instant the results was realized is still the best action.

It makes no sense.

There has to be an umpire when decision between two parties wanting to win the same crown whether it be sport, a legal case anything.

Pls this does not hold water.
They should take responsibilities for thier actions or failure in this case

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aisha Mamman, Buhari’s Sister In-law Is Dead / Without Alamieyeseigha, I Won’t Have Been A Former President — Jonathan / Buhari In Telephone Chat With Eaglets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.