Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan (31637 Views)

Power Failure: I Have Never Been This Sad For The Past 6 Years / I Don’t Regret Statements I Made Before Elections –okupe / Buhari Delivering His Speech At Chatham House Now. Pics & Statements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
on September 28, 2014 at 8:56 pm in News

Abuja - President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday said that terrorism and kidnapping were still major national challenges because Nigerians had not united against them as they did against the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD).

Jonathan made the statement at an inter-denominational church service at the National Ecumenical Centre, Abuja, to mark the country’s 54th Independence Anniversary coming up on Wednesday.

President Goodluck Jonathan speaking at the 54th Independence
Anniversary Interdenominational Church Service at the National Christian Center, Abuja On Sunday (29/9/14)

He said the country was able to fight and defeat the deadly Ebola disease because Nigerians united against the virus irrespective of political persuasion, religion or ethnic origin.

The president appealed for unity among Nigerians, noting that there was no problem or challenge that could withstand the force of a united Nigeria.

“Take the case of Ebola for example; this is a good example all Nigerians must learn from.

“When Patrick Sawyer brought Ebola to Nigeria, it was in Lagos that this incidence happened and in terms of politics, Lagos is an opposition party state but the central government is the ruling party.

“From Lagos Ebola moved to Rivers State, also opposition party state

“But because all Nigerians fought Ebola irrespective of political persuasion, irrespective of religion, irrespective of ethnicity, as individuals we defeated the disease,’’ he said.

Jonathan commended the military and other security services for the successes they had recorded in the counter-insurgency operations despite internal sabotage.

He noted that what the security agencies needed was the support and encouragement of all Nigerians to rid the country of terrorists and other enemies of the Nigerian state.

The president frowned at inflammatory statements and utterances of some politicians and called for restraint in the interest the country.

“We will not require people to come from heaven or other countries to solve our problems. What we require from our brothers and sisters is to encourage our military because it is not easy.

“When people are sleeping in their houses at night, they are busy fighting. Bullets are not badminton rackets or something.

“When I listen to some statements made by some people who call themselves leaders, I feel sad for the country.

“We must believe that we do not have any other country outside of Nigeria,’’ he said.

In his sermon, the President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oristejafor, said that most of the challenges confronting the country were self-inflicted.

He noted that corruption and terrorism, which he described as `the greatest’ problems facing the country were created by greedy politicians and extreme religious ideologists.

According to him, corruption is fed by greed, which in turn is rooted in poverty mentality.

He defined poverty mentality as the thinking that what one had was not enough.

Oristejafor differed with the school of thought that terrorism was caused by poverty.

According to him, terrorism is caused by extreme religious ideology.

The CAN president, who based his message on Mark 4:35 to 41, said that Nigeria was a boat built by God that could never sink.

He said that as Jesus calmed the storm that threatened the boat conveying Him and His disciples across Lake Galilee, God would take the country through its current challenges and restore peace to the land.

Oristejafor warned trouble-makers to either repent and retrace their steps or be ready to face God’s judgment.

Hon. Justice Walter Onoghen, took the First Reading drawn from 1 Samuel 30:1-19.

The Second Reading, taken from Mark 4:34-41, was taken by the President of the Senate, David Mark.

Other dignitaries who attended the service included the First Lady Patience Jonathan; the president’s mother, Mrs Eunice Jonathan and former military Head of State, Gen. Yakubu Gowon (rtd).

Chief Ernest Shonekan, Head of the Interim National Government; top federal government functionaries, Service Chiefs, state governors, members of the clergy, among others, also attended the service. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/09/listen-statements-feel-sad-nigeria-jonathan/

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by isacolukay(m): 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
So why the stress on Opposition party states?

Oh God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob who spared our lives to witness this day, help us influence the minds of these Mods so that my dream of FTC on a FP topic can come true!!!

*modified*
I can't believe we made it!
Let me start my vote of thanx by thanking the Alpha and Omega, the one who was, who is and who is to come for giving me the initiative to comment on this thread. And for making this happen on a Monday morning, it is a sign of good things to come.

I would also thank Sincere9gerian for his wisdom in creating d thread (tho I know say him get plenty FP threads sha, maybe with time, he'll give me the code to opening one). I appreciate Godsmercy1 for bringing my attention to this (Good news will not be far from you in Jesus' name).

Lastly, I thank y'all for making out time to read this. Una time go come too o! Amen.
But on a sad note, my girlfriend broke up with me yesterday. Good riddance to bad rubbish. Who cares? At least I'm FTC on FP!!!

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
Must he mention Lagos and Rivers states being opposition or thinks we have forgotten how he said he doesn't have any problem of security in PDP-ruled states. So sad ko, wan kain, ni.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by chinwike2(m): 9:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
OP how far na ? Hope fine. Back to topic- El-rufai and junaid mohammed Etc. will be judged by posterity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
chinwike2: OP how far na ? Hope fine. Back to topic- El-rufai and junaid mohammed will be judged by posterity
I dey kampe!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Descartes: 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
We shall soon get there .

1 Like

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by tomakint: 9:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
I hope the Janjaweedians can READ & LEARN that Nigeria belongs to us all, they should shun extreme hatred and bigotry embedded in their hearts towards their Nation and her President undecided They are fond of commenting and posting at the speed of light like demons on threads celebrating victories of Boko Haram over the Nigerian Army, APC victories in few States, Plane Crashes, Labour Strikes etc Group of Bloody Pessimists cool

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Descartes: 9:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
Meanwhile the Janjäweeds and Liar Mohammed have not deemed it fit to congratulate and encourage our Military. cry The reason is not far-fetched angry

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
Who makes inflammatory statements and divide Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines if not PDP leaders?

I smell hypocrisy Mr President!!

118 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by utytill(m): 9:52pm On Sep 28, 2014
[quote author=isacolukay]So why the stress on Opposition party states?

PATRICK SAWYER SOMETHING

1 Like

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by chinwike2(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
Sincere9gerian:
I dey kampe!
good to hear
Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
In his sermon, the President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oristejafor, said that most of the challenges confronting the country were self-inflicted

OritseBlingBling is still preaching. grin grin grin

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by lakpalakpa: 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
Oritsejafuck....

grin grin grin grin grin grin

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
spot on sir ,listening to some peoples comment about happenings and events make me sick at times.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by ShehuAba(m): 10:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Feeling sad for which country?
Maybe Otuoke.
Jonathan can't seem to stop amazing us with his antics by the day.

33 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by chinwike2(m): 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Must he mention Lagos and Rivers states being opposition or thinks we have forgotten how he said he doesn't have any problem of security in PDP-ruled states. So sad ko, wan kain, ni.
this Analogy Mr president is making with rivers and lagos states is not short-sighted because they are all his territory, is there a part of the analogy you don't understand ? Please sir dont lose sight of the message on UNITY

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by brownlords: 10:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
chinwike2: this Analogy Mr president is making with rivers and lagos states is not short-sighted because they are all his territory, is there a part of the analogy you don't understand ? Please sir dont lose sight of the message on UNITY

Learn to always identify members of comment first, read later group, why waste your time?

24 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by nuclearboy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
Personally, when I listen to the president, I also feel sad

91 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by chinwike2(m): 10:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
brownlords:

Learn to always identify members of comment first, read later group, why waste your time?
could you please double-check your English statement sir ? Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
When I listen to some statements made by some people who call themselves leaders, I feel sad for the country.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Articul8(m): 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
ProfCorruption:

OritseBlingBling is still preaching. grin grin grin
Tot can would av disowned this guy and elect another president immediately. Na wa 4 our religion body ooo. Only in a country like Nigeria

9 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by EdCure: 10:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
He should be ashamed of himself for dragging this country into moral decadence.

22 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by EdCure: 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
nuclearboy: Personally, when I listen to the president, I also feel sad
Indeed.

2 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2014
he should be sad cos terrorism in Nigeria is been politicized job recruiting in Nigerian is now disbursing of thousands before u eventually get d job,every political office holder now use d office to embezzle our money,corruption is now d order of d day even d military chief are now embezzle our money. we are tired of Gej govt. we are fooled with I don't av cloth and shoes again .our education system is now decay if u don't cram very well u won't earn distinction even d so called lecturers that's bagging PhD today are after govt. money not impacting knowledge to d students it's only d few ones that are now trying. no jobs after u graduate from 4 yrs course no encouragement for our teeming youth Thk God for fashola and Dr. adadevoh that quickly stop Ebola spreading and public awareness of our teeming youth ,ngo's ,state doctors that stop d spread of ebola.our youth are now roaming d street after dey av sleepiness time in schl while reading to av distinction.and d end of day when they av their class they apply for jobs no jobs.good luck should remember one thing in life u can't be successfully by not impacting ur little quota in d life of youth,good luck should remember our youth are d leaders of tomorrow ,good luck should remember no permanent place in life,good luck should remember one day he will give account of what he do in his govt. to God Cos' God will ask him.

26 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by ayukdaboss(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
In his sermon, the President, Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Pastor Ayo Oristejafor, said that most of the
challenges confronting the country were
self-inflicted.
In saner climes, this bling bling man aka Drug Lord wannabe should be in Kirikiri Prison preaching the Gospel of peace grin

16 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Johnnyessence(m): 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
its in federal government policy we see if u don't av first class u are not qualify for scholarship,its in federal policy u see sentiment and selfish interest in choosing talent chap in d glorious youth we av in this country, it's in federal government policy u will see federal govt. slot in every education, job vacancy.I believe one thing either u are 3rd class graduate,2nd class graduate and 1st class graduate each ever one u belong doesn't says d student is a dump.if a HND polytechnic graduate can do well in leadership in d state ,impacting knowledge to d people definitely if u are a college graduate u can do well in ur field.govt.should not av hatred in choosing graduate this days.govt. of Good luck u will see where d scholarship giving to d first class student studying in abroad are crying for their rescue Cos' govt.haven't provide for their needs since they resume fully .let's change hand come 2015 it has happen in ivory coast when they change their president Laurent gbagbo to wabara.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by theassassin: 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
berem: Who makes inflammatory statements and divide Nigerians along ethnic and religious lines if not PDP leaders?

I smell hypocrisy Mr President!!

1 Like

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by theassassin: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
ShehuAba: Feeling sad for which country?
Maybe Otuoke.
Jonathan can't seem to stop amazing us with his antics by the day.

abokii sharap and eat gworo

11 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
OrlandoOwoh: Must he mention Lagos and Rivers states being opposition or thinks we have forgotten how he said he doesn't have any problem of security in PDP-ruled states. So sad ko, wan kain, ni.
he was trying to prove a point. Must you distort everything? Can't you read between the lines?

Okay let me explain to you. The president want people like you to unite and fight terrorism irrespective of your political party....just like you did when Ebola came into Nigeria. Then nobody was thinking about opposition and other trivial matters. Our main goal was to kick ebola out of Nigeria...and we did it. We can eradicate this disease called BH if we put the same zeal and vigour we used in ebola's case here.

27 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
Johnnyessence: he should be sad cos terrorism in Nigeria is been politicized job recruiting in Nigerian is now disbursing of thousands before u eventually get d job,every political office holder now use d office to embezzle our money,corruption is now d order of d day even d military chief are now embezzle our money. we are tired of Gej govt. we are fooled with I don't av cloth and shoes again .our education system is now decay if u don't cram very well u won't earn distinction even d so called lecturers that's bagging PhD today are after govt. money not impacting knowledge to d students it's only d few ones that are now trying. no jobs after u graduate from 4 yrs course no encouragement for our teeming youth Thk God for fashola and Dr. adadevoh that quickly stop Ebola spreading and public awareness of our teeming youth ,ngo's ,state doctors that stop d spread of ebola.our youth are now roaming d street after dey av sleepiness time in schl while reading to av distinction.and d end of day when they av their class they apply for jobs no jobs.good luck should remember one thing in life u can't be successfully by not impacting ur little quota in d life of youth,good luck should remember our youth are d leaders of tomorrow ,good luck should remember no permanent place in life,good luck should remember one day he will give account of what he do in his govt. to God Cos' God will ask him.

jonnyessence CRYING SINCE TIME IMMEMORIAL!
SO na only goodluck need plan fr the youth?
lagos state abi south western states no suppose plan for youths again?
fashola n mrs adedavoh helped stop ebola, e mek sense sha. atleast they did it with the aid of NIGER DELTA OIL MONEY!
IN nigeria OYEL MONEY makes the whole states AFLOAT!
GET THAT INTO UR DVMBO SKULL.

6 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by IbokUtoroh(m): 11:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Johnnyessence: its in federal government policy we see if u don't av first class u are not qualify for scholarship,its in federal policy u see sentiment and selfish interest in choosing talent chap in d glorious youth we av in this country, it's in federal government policy u will see federal govt. slot in every education, job vacancy.I believe one thing either u are 3rd class graduate,2nd class graduate and 1st class graduate each ever one u belong doesn't says d student is a dump.if a HND polytechnic graduate can do well in leadership in d state ,impacting knowledge to d people definitely if u are a college graduate u can do well in ur field.govt.should not av hatred in choosing graduate this days.govt. of Good luck u will see where d scholarship giving to d first class student studying in abroad are crying for their rescue Cos' govt.haven't provide for their needs since they resume fully .let's change hand come 2015 it has happen in ivory coast when they change their president Laurent gbagbo to wabara.

-EVEN with the OPON IMO, chai I GIVE UP.

2 Likes

Re: When I Listen To Some Statements … I Feel Sad For Nigeria – Jonathan by oduastates: 11:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Error.
Fashola not Nigeria ,was able to fight ebola because Fashola assembled a competent team of aides ,with the assistance of the international community.

Where was he when ,

1 Fashola was reordering the state's budget to fight ebola( he did not go to the assembly to ask for funds,he simply looked at his budget and said "ok , some of these things are luxuries at this time of emergency. Those things could be a road here, or new uniforms for an agency"wink.

2 Fashola was leading from the front lines.

3 Fashola was designating quarantine centres
And sensitising the public.

4 Fashola /LASG had the foresight to pass laws which allowed anyone deemed to be a danger to public health,to be detained.let not forget the cremation bill which gave legal approval for bodies to be disposed by burning.the best way to get rid of an Ebola corpse.
I can remember that our usual short sighted folks were here crying murder.

5 what about the slums? The socalled useless activist,poverty hustlers were crying murder.if what is happening in Liberia is anything to go by,that risk is still very much alive

This man thinks we are stupid ,when LAGOS state was offering doctors between $250 - $500 per day to volunteer for ebola duty ,the FG was AWOL with the camera hugging health minister who was giving out useless updates ,and was busy claiming Ebola funds were for cars.
EVen casual observers know that the minister was a passenger in the vehicle being driven by LASG,medicin Sen frontier,THe American centre for disease control and the WHO.
Left to the clueless government, we will all be dying of ebola today just like Boko haram is killing the living shitZ out of nigerians.

I know where he was,
He was hiding in Aso Rock sponsoring some touts under the transmorphication embarassidiots of Nigeria .

He should tell us the hospital he built to fight ebola.maybe he thinks that those China made thermometer at the airports is the same as effective control of ebola.ebola has a gestation period of up to 3 weeks without the victim showing any symtom. Now tell me how those thermometers are effective . Even the British ,American etc know that it is not effective.The reason they are not pointing thermometer at visitors from nigeria at their airports.
Fashola will be the first to tell you that it is not time for celebration.
why didn't they prove their federal effectiveness in Enugu where they had to bring a suspected case to Lagos.The state simply lacked the capacity.This is difference between paying salaries ,awarding contracts and stealing the rest on the one hand and true governance. Ogun ,osun ,Oyo already have effective mechanisms in place to deal with the emergency and believe me , they won't be carting an Ebola case to Lagos.I understand that amaechi(the finest administrator East of that river ) has been doing a good job. He never shies away from mirroring fashola's approach and has been known to poach intellectuals and experts from Lagos. He would probably have done much better if he weren't saddled with too many delinquents.
A public health emergency and this deluded man thinks the N1 billion naira passes by the assembly was what prevented the spread.if that is the case, all the MAMSERS, YOUWIN,PEP,NAPEP should have solved Nigeria's problems a long time ago.
The federal government has had enough time to relieve the LASG and RSSG of the ebola burden by setting up equipped quarantine centres in all zones ,and away from population centres.Any show,p. No. MIA (missing in action).

This is leadership.Fashola doing the job of an absentee president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsZfY7YDFQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqXtaHG3vQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdtP6PMbAnc

88 Likes 11 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gordon Obua Triplets Write Letter Of Appeal To President Buhari (Photos) / Ibrahim Usman Jibrin Resigns As Buhari’s Minister / Peter Obi: We Should Be Careful Not To Create Another Monster - Dalung

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.