Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:00 AM

Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s (14416 Views)

Apple Launches Iphone 6S With Better Camera And Improved Multitasking / Apple Launches The World's Thinnest Tablet-ipad Air 2 / Apple Launches Iphone 6 Plus And Iphone 6 - "The Best Phones Ever Made" Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 6:16am On Oct 25, 2011
Hahahaha, lwkmd,
I have to agree with you.

men give dat your friend one gbosa for me, E be lyk say something dey worry am, maybe moneyrrhea
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 7:35am On Oct 25, 2011
musKeeto:

Hahahaha, lwkmd,
I have to agree with you.

men give dat your friend one gbosa for me, E be lyk say something dey worry am, maybe moneyrrhea

grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 7:39am On Oct 25, 2011
sun_temi:

Even here in Nigeria, I have customers alreay calling to ask if I have unlocked iPhone 4s. They are saying they can't wait to use Siri. See, you like it or not, many I mean many people will buy iPhone 4s just because of Siri. and that's the reason Apple didn't make Siri available on iPhone 4, because[b] if you can have Siri on your iPhone 4, why will you buy the iPhone 4s?[/b] It is pure marketing strategy.
That's y I looove apple grin grin

Suntemi, Shd be shipping tomorrow latest.So decide fast.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 7:47am On Oct 25, 2011
tumababa:

That's y I looove apple grin grin

Suntemi, Shd be shipping tomorrow latest.So decide fast.

Tuma, maybe later. I'm stuck with some stuffs at the moment
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 25, 2011
sun_temi:

Tuma, maybe later. I'm stuck with some stuffs at the moment
Ok. No wahala.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 7:55am On Oct 25, 2011
tumababa:

Ok. No wahala.

Thanks
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

you are taking the piss.

apple are smiling to the bank because of siri. the difference between iphone 4 and iphone 4s is siri. now that iphone 4 users can download the ios5, the margin between the 2 devices is negligible and siri is what makes the difference. who doesn't want a personal assistant on his phone? it's fun.

i have screwed the head of siri on my phone asking him horrible questions for the laugh of it. questions like how old is he, if he's married, if he's a terrorist and so on and forth. it's fun and this was exactly what i was hoping for when i got the phone. apple are miles ahead of their rivals in invention and smart ideas.

the number of units they have moved in the last 11 days is the evidence.

1. I wonder if you'd be doing that in two months.
2. Apple gives you basically the same device and adds Siri on it. Thanks to marketing strategy, people are falling for this gimmick.

sun_temi:

Even here in Nigeria, I have customers alreay calling to ask if I have unlocked iPhone 4s. They are saying they can't wait to use Siri. See, you like it or not, many I mean many people will buy iPhone 4s just because of Siri. and that's the reason Apple didn't make Siri available on iPhone 4, because[b] if you can have Siri on your iPhone 4, why will you buy the iPhone 4s?[/b] It is pure marketing strategy.

3. There's nothing innovative about Siri. It still is a speech recognition software. Compare it to IBM's Watson and you'd understand that Siri still has some miles to cover.

Apple already had lots of money before the release of Siri. The Iphone 4S, without Siri, would still have made them a lot of money, esp. (truth be told) with the death of Steve Jobs. That's another point anyway.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2011
musKeeto:

1. I wonder if you'd be doing that in two months.
2. Apple gives you basically the same device and adds Siri on it. Thanks to marketing strategy, people are falling for this gimmick.

it's the same device and siri. . . . .so i bought siri.
mind, i never owned the iphone 4. my last apple iphone is the 3gs.

3. There's nothing innovative about Siri. It still is a speech recognition software. Compare it to IBM's Watson and you'd understand that Siri still has some miles to cover.

it's innovative.
speech recognition software is the tip of the iceberg. what siri does to what you say is the koko here.
you can have a normal conversation with siri - unlike what others have done in the past with limited nouns/verbs or specific sentences.

siri can be asked the last time he had sex. if he loves breakfast better than lunch or if he thinks gadaffhi was a good leader
and he will answer you. grin

Apple already had lots of money before the release of Siri. The Iphone 4S, without Siri, would still have made them a lot of money, esp. (truth be told) with the death of Steve Jobs. That's another point anyway.

4s wouldn't have made any hit without siri.
iphone 4 + siri = iphone 4s
if you remove siri from the equation then it's the same device as the iphone 4.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Mobinga: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2011
Siri is great.

Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Mobinga: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2011
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 1:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
Mobinga:

Siri is great.

fecking hell. . . .
siri cannot search for addresses in the uk so it's functions is a tad limited. . . .the guys in the us must be loving this.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by debosky(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2011
I give you Siri - your personal love-vendor. grin grin
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2011
debosky:

I give you Siri - your personal love-vendor. grin grin

it's more than that.
i asked if siri is a virgin - he said "i cannot answer that, i am afraid" grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Bawss1(m): 8:53pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

it's more than that.
i asked if siri is a virgin - he said "i cannot answer that, i am afraid" grin grin grin grin
Your siri is a man? undecided
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2011
Bawss1:

My broda, help me ask am o,
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 9:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
Bawss1:

a man with a barritone voice.
is yours a female voice? let's swap fones, abeg!
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Dabss(m): 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2011
coogar:

a man with a barritone voice.
is yours a female voice? let's swap fones, abeg!
MALE= UK FEMALE= US
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 10:16pm On Oct 25, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

MALE= UK FEMALE= US

i just found out the voice can be changed, sef
but the female voice only understands the american accent and she's not picking my sentences in one go. . . .

i will try it for few days and see if i can adapt to the american english(which is shyte). grin
if i succeed, i will stick with the sweet female voice - that male schwarzenegger voice hurts me ears.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 10:26pm On Oct 25, 2011
siri is fuckin crazy. . . . . grin grin grin grin grin

me: i love you!
siri: you hardly know me!

me: tell me a joke
siri: 2 iphones walk into a bar. . . . . .i forgot the rest

me: are you married?
siri: i can't answer that. this is about you, not me?

the female siri is much fun than the male, i think i am keeping her as my p-a henceforth.
the male siri is now fired until he cops himself a good sense of humour.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by tboy1(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2011
SIRI Male voice is so boring, First thing i did was change the language to English(US) - Female Voice grin

So far - Siri can play music - e.g "Play Drake " The only problem is it does not start from the 1st track of the album, instead it will default to shuffling all music by drake. Also used it to send email to my brother & Mum,weather,text messages etc

The only bugger with SIRI is that it does not have UK business location so i can't ask to find restaurants or nearest stores etc. Hopefully this will be resolved soon but i have to say i'm enjoying SIRI so much
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2011
tboy1:

SIRI Male voice is so boring, First thing i did was change the language to English(US) - Female Voice grin

So far - Siri can play music - e.g "Play Drake " The only problem is it does not start from the 1st track of the album, instead it will default to shuffling all music by drake. Also used it to send email to my brother & Mum,weather,text messages etc

The only bugger with SIRI is that it does not have UK business location so i can't ask to find restaurants or nearest stores etc. Hopefully this will be resolved soon but i have to say i'm enjoying SIRI so much

they need to fix that ish asap. siri is so limited in the uk without the business location.
i need to know where i can find nigerian female strippers in soho. cool
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by tboy1(m): 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2011
coogar:

they need to fix that ish asap. siri is so limited in the uk without the business location.

Whip your phone out once you get there and i'm sure SIRI might be able to negotiate a good price with the stripper
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2011
coogar:

tboy1:

Whip your phone out once you get there and i'm sure SIRI might be able to negotiate a good price with the stripper

Una no go kill person o,
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2011
tboy1:

brilliant idea!
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2011
Very funny,
http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/12/siri-weird-things-iphone-4s/

I'd still bet people will get bored of Siri before the end of the year.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2011
musKeeto:

Very funny,
http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/12/siri-weird-things-iphone-4s/

I'd still bet people will get bored of Siri before the end of the year.

apple will patch regular updates and siri will just get more in his tank to handle weird questions.
before you know it, siri will be a religion.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by zenus(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2011
I don't think siri is the major factor most people goes for Iphone 4S.
Naturally people like upgrade with or without any change.
Like in other phone
No much diff in Galaxy or BB.
Same OS, Same app runs in all.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 26, 2011
zenus:

I don't think siri is the major factor most people goes for Iphone 4S.
Naturally people like upgrade with or without any change.
Like in other phone
No much diff in Galaxy or BB.
Same OS, Same app runs in all.

Bro, I've used the Samsung Galaxy S and SII. Big difference,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Your Bad Experience At Computer Village Ikeja / Gionee M3 Discussions,problems And Solutions. / A Nairalander's Review Of Tecno Camon C9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.