Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,811 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s (14411 Views)

Apple Launches Iphone 6S With Better Camera And Improved Multitasking / Apple Launches The World's Thinnest Tablet-ipad Air 2 / Apple Launches Iphone 6 Plus And Iphone 6 - "The Best Phones Ever Made" Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Bawss1(m): 2:20pm On Oct 07, 2011
4llerbuntu:

what is all this SIRI is artificial Intelligence bullcrap? why do u pple get marketed hook line and sinker like this?
on a fone?

do u realise that thing has a finite number of commands/variations it recognises?

mcheew, na wah o.

But Siri will continue to grow as newer updates are released. It is a fine addition to the iPhone features, one that many Android phones will want to emulate in later iterations.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by lynxnoon(m): 6:47pm On Oct 07, 2011
Bawss1:

But Siri will continue to grow as newer updates are released. It is a fine addition to the iPhone features, one that many[b] Android phones will want to emulate in later iterations. [/b]
so i wont hv to get one, just chill till it comes out on android grin grin
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 11:16am On Oct 18, 2011
the phone arrived last night and it's a piece of beauty!
my only disappointment is the male voice on siri - i was expecting rihanna's voice or beyonce!!

now- who's got this device so i can test the i-message?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by texazzpete(m): 2:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
4llerbuntu:

what is all this SIRI is artificial Intelligence bullcrap? why do u pple get marketed hook line and sinker like this?
on a fone?

do u realise that thing has a finite number of commands/variations it recognises?

mcheew, na wah o.

Dude, you need to stop airing your ignorance in public. SIRI started life as a DARPA funded Artificial Intelligence project.

From Wikipedia
Siri is a spin-out from the SRI International Artificial Intelligence Center, and is an offshoot of the DARPA-funded CALO project, described as perhaps the largest artificial-intelligence project ever launched.

This is generations ahead of the voice command features found in Android, Windows Phone 7.5 and earlier versions of iOS.

Your 'finite' comment is pretty meaningless. Even the world's most advanced AI systems have a finite amount of things it can comprehend and act on.

You remind me of those brainless Sony fanboys who in the early days were calling Microsoft's Kinect an 'ordinary webcam'.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 18, 2011
Enjoy your Siri for the first few days, then slowly watch as you become less fond of it, just like the Xbox kinect. uDuped, cheesy
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 18, 2011
IF[b]4 MILLION UNITS OF A PHONE CAN BE SOLD IN THE FIRST THREE DAYS,[/b] AND SOME PEOPLE ARE SAYING THE PHONE IS NOT A BIG DEAL, SOMETHING IS WRONG SOMEWHERE.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 3:26pm On Oct 18, 2011
musKeeto:

Enjoy your Siri for the first few days, then slowly watch as you become less fond of it, just like the Xbox kinect. uDuped, cheesy

i disagree - siri is the real deal.
what's more? he recognises/pronounces yoruba/igbo names on my phone and he calls them one time. no need to repeat.
it's fun - but not sure one can be doing this in public though. it's a bit weird!

i cannot recommend it for users of iphone 4 - cos i don't think they would be getting enough to shell extra £100-£150, but if you never had the iphone 4 then the iphone 4s is the fone for you. it's loaded. the iOS5 is super fast and as usual, everything is user-friendly.
apple is god!
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by zenus(m): 4:15pm On Oct 18, 2011
Hope this phone ll be here this year
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2011
@ tumababa,

did you get me message?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

@ tumababa,

did you get me message?
still chatting with u now grin grin, so let continue on d imessage
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 18, 2011
So hw's the experience on iMessage? Is it any different from bbm, whatsapp and pingchat ( maybe 2go lipsrsealed)?
<This one no be argument, just question o abeg>
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 18, 2011
lol
musKeeto:

So hw's the experience on iMessage? Is it any different from bbm, whatsapp and pingchat ( maybe 2go lipsrsealed)?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 7:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
tumababa:

still chatting with u now grin grin, so let continue on d imessage

ok then!

musKeeto:

classier than blackberry!
nigerians would soon do a mass exodus to apple!
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 18, 2011
coogar:

classier than blackberry!
nigerians would soon do a mass exodus to apple!

hahaha, unless apple do iphone mini, iphone storm and other cheaper variants smiley
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 7:50pm On Oct 18, 2011
musKeeto:

hahaha, unless apple do iphone mini, iphone storm and other cheaper variants smiley

china products - here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 18, 2011
musKeeto:

dont forget that imessage also works on ipod 3g/4g.ipad1/2 and iphone 3gs/4/4s.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 18, 2011
seriously, ipods? dats good,
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2011
yeah
musKeeto:

seriously, ipods? dats good,
yeah. u just need to upgrade to ios5.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2011
iMessage vs jailbreak, tough choice,
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2011
musKeeto:

iMessage vs jailbreak, tough choice,

lol. my jailbreak is far too precious to me than the imessage.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 10:51pm On Oct 21, 2011
tumababa:

wrong move!
apple has cornered all you jail-breakers. . . . .
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 12:16am On Oct 22, 2011
coogar:

wrong move!
apple has cornered all you jail-breakers. . . . .

How? you don't jailbreak no wonder you don't know facetime is possible on 3G.

tumababa:

Me too
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 12:18am On Oct 22, 2011
sun_temi:

How? you don't jailbreak no wonder you don't know facetime is possible on 3G.

i don't jailbreak - i have never done so.
while every good user like us can conveniently download the iOS5, you jailbreakers are in the dark waiting for the next nansense software to get you free.

happy jailbreaking to you lots.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 12:30am On Oct 22, 2011
And who says I'm not on iOS 5? and what is your definition of 'get you free'?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 12:36am On Oct 22, 2011
sun_temi:

And who says I'm not on iOS 5? and what is your definition of 'get you free'?

this discourse is tedious. i can't continue with it.
i am sure by tomorrow, you would tell us you have ios8.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 12:48am On Oct 22, 2011
You need proof right? Check here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=778479.msg9326614#msg9326614

Next time don't start what you can't finish. And talking about free, how[b] free[/b] are you with all those Apple's restriction?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 12:51am On Oct 22, 2011
sun_temi:

You need proof right? Check here https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=778479.msg9326614#msg9326614

Next time don't start what you can't finish. And talking about free, how[b] free[/b] are you with all those Apple's restriction?

what stupid restrictions are you talking about?
i buy all the apps i need in the app store. i don't need to jailbreak nada - i don't see any sense in it anyways.
you are asking me what i gain not jailbreaking - how about telling me what you gain from jailbreaking?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 22, 2011
coogar:

what silly restrictions are you talking about?
i buy all the apps i need in the app store. i don't need to jailbreak nada - i don't see any sense in it anyways.
you are asking me what i gain not jailbreaking - how about telling me what you gain from jailbreaking?

LAUGHING OUT LOUD grin grin grin grin
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by coogar: 1:12am On Oct 22, 2011
tumababa:

tumababa, you just disappeared from imessage, na wa o.
is that how busy you have been?
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 1:15am On Oct 22, 2011
I'm not asking you to jailbreak. I just want to you see that I have the iOS 5 you talking about, it's not special to me. So that means I am very free even than you. You are one of those guyz Steve Jobs don brainwash that jailbreak is bad You asked what I gain from jailbreak, ok I will tell you little so that you can easily grab the idea. Jailbreak is all about getting you out of Steve Job and co's bondage. See, we that jailbreak have been using most of the 200 + features Apple claims to have in iOS 5 even when we were on iOS 4, so it's like we are always a year ahead of you. Sometimes I wonder how Steve Jobs himself copes without jailbreaking his phone when he was alive. I'm sure he jailbreaks then too because most of the so called 200+ features were copied from cydia.

Ask likes of Tuma, Gbtye and other more about jailbreak, They will be able to explain more in your own language so that you can understand. Even Nairaland's Steve Jobs; Texazzpete jailbreaks. Guy I no sabi talk too much I don tire. Maybe I should allow you use my iPhone for a week. You wouldn't touch yours again.
Re: Apple Launches The New Iphone 4s by Suntemi(m): 1:17am On Oct 22, 2011
tumababa:

I'm sure Tuma was laughing at your ignorance. Make I laugh too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Network Provider Has The Worst Customer Service? / Our 2018 Predictions For Smartphones And Mobile Technology / Your Bad Experience At Computer Village Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.