Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,545 members, 7,843,700 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? (2744 Views)

See How Voters Turned Out To Vote At Michael Okpara Umudike, Abia State / Ikpeazu Inspects Newly Renovated Michael Okpara Auditorium, Umuahia (Photos) / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by AwkaFinest: 9:47pm On Jul 03, 2023
Gajagojo:
The OP is from Anambra

If you know you know

We know. He did not hide it.
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Brendaniel: 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2023
Penguin2:

But somehow, they have used the media to polish themselves as the most refined and accommodating of all the ethnic nationalities in Nigeria.

While they paint everyone else as the devil.

My happiness is that the eyes of every other tribe is beginning to see how deceitful some of them have been, I don't want to use the word all because I have seen some really good ones among them, but this past election made me have a rethink about majority of them, if not for the good ones I have seen, I may have written off all of them to be in that category.

Funny enough the ones you sometimes expect to reason without tribalism will be the ones doing it, Imagine a childhood friend of mine during this last election telling me to my face that an Igbo man can never rule Nigeria and asking me how would my tribe want to rule Nigeria?

This is someone I have known for more than 30 years, we grew up together, our fathers both worked in the same federal parastatal as senior civil servants, we lived in the same federal residential location, we went to the same school at various stages up to university, he lived with us like a brother sometimes he doesn't go to his house for days while staying with us even though his house was just a few meters away, even his wife that he married I linked the both of them.

My mum and his mum are like sisters, we are still very close family friends with their family, but a whole lot of questions started popping about my perception of the southwest, if you know where I grew up(not trying to brag), it was devoid of tribalism, I had friends from almost every tribe of Nigeria because of the location of the area, we lived around government officials both from the military and civilian setup, Marwa was living 2 streets away from my street, Diya was living about 3 streets away from my street, we had friends from virtually every government institution, I mean people that their parents were sometimes always on TV and there was nothing like tribalism in the setup .

I saw this boy grow up and I kept asking how did he pick up this type of mindset to believe that his tribe is superior to the Igbo tribe in Nigeria or that he is more eligible than me to be president of Nigeria because of his tribe...

The funny part is he did not see anything wrong in what he said till date and we are still friends, he still visits me, he is a Tinubu supporter and he clearly told me that he is supporting Tinubu because he is Yoruba and believes that I am supporting Peter Obi because he is Igbo, that I should support my own while he supports his own.

His statement and mindset made me have a rethink of a whole lot of things about the south west, for him to even see me as a tribalist when he should know better...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by MrColdsweat: 10:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
List of executed projects of the Eastern niger development Commission in the land of the minorities.

Port Harcourt glass factory. This was responsible for producing bottles for the Nigerians brewery, coca cola etc.

Bonny coconut estate. Rivers state
Ikom cocoa estate. Calabar.
Elele oil palm estate. Rivers state.
Obubra cocoa estate cross river state
Obubra rubber estate. Cross river state.
Ogoja tobacco estate.
Calaro oil estate.

Infact, the major reason ndigbo starved during the war was because our agricultural investment was in the land of the minorities.

We are waiting for proof that Awolowo constructed a single block of classroom in the entire Edo state and Delta State.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Jogs1900: 10:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
Christistruth00:

It was the British who built Obudu Ranch

Lord Lugard and the British founded and built Port Harcourt around 1914
Leave them .
When Awolowo was investing in education in the western region, most of them left the eastern region to come and enjoy free education in the western region.Thats why in Nigeria, the most educated region is the old Western region.
If it's easy to run free education, why didn't okpara invest in free education ?Rather he invested in money making ventures like hotel alone.

6 Likes

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by MrColdsweat: 10:45pm On Jul 03, 2023
The projects of Michael okpara are still standing till date.
https://www.nairaland.com/6618320/revealed-how-eastern-nigeria-became
Where are the projects of awolowo in Edo state and Delta state?
Where is the project of Awolowo in badagry?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Gajagojo: 10:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
Jogs1900:

Leave them .
When Awolowo was investing in education in the western region, most of them left the eastern region to come and enjoy free education in the western region.Thats why in Nigeria, the most educated region is the old Western region.
If it's easy to run free education, why didn't okpara invest in free education ?Rather he invested in money making ventures like hotel alone.

Those claims well lies

Made in Anambra

Lies

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 12:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

My happiness is that the eyes of every other tribe is beginning to see how deceitful some of them have been, I don't want to use the word all because I have seen some really good ones among them, but this past election made me have a rethink about majority of them, if not for the good ones I have seen, I may have written off all of them to be in that category.

Funny enough the ones you sometimes expect to reason without tribalism will be the ones doing it, Imagine a childhood friend of mine during this last election telling me to my face that an Igbo man can never rule Nigeria and asking me how would my tribe want to rule Nigeria?

This is someone I have known for more than 30 years, we grew up together, our fathers both worked in the same federal parastatal as senior civil servants, we lived in the same federal residential location, we went to the same school at various stages up to university, he lived with us like a brother sometimes he doesn't go to his house for days while staying with us even though his house was just a few meters away, even his wife that he married I linked the both of them.

My mum and his mum are like sisters, we are still very close family friends with their family, but a whole lot of questions started popping about my perception of the southwest, if you know where I grew up(not trying to brag), it was devoid of tribalism, I had friends from almost every tribe of Nigeria because of the location of the area, we lived around government officials both from the military and civilian setup, Marwa was living 2 streets away from my street, Diya was living about 3 streets away from my street, we had friends from virtually every government institution, I mean people that their parents were sometimes always on TV and there was nothing like tribalism in the setup .

I saw this boy grow up and I kept asking how did he pick up this type of mindset to believe that his tribe is superior to the Igbo tribe in Nigeria or that he is more eligible than me to be president of Nigeria because of his tribe...

The funny part is he did not see anything wrong in what he said till date and we are still friends, he still visits me, he is a Tinubu supporter and he clearly told me that he is supporting Tinubu because he is Yoruba and believes that I am supporting Peter Obi because he is Igbo, that I should support my own while he supports his own.

His statement and mindset made me have a rethink of a whole lot of things about the south west, for him to even see me as a tribalist when he should know better...
Wow!

Trust me I could feel the pain and emotions invested in every word written here whilst I read this comment.

Just like you, millions more people were broken too. A lot of people have always been suspicious of the Yoruba people and their unpredictable loyalties but this election made things worse. Right now, if a Yoruba says, “I’m with you”, you would question that statement till the end of time because you’d be doubtful of his loyalty.

And what is worst? They cannot present any logical justification for their actions and stance - it’s purely tribal.

But what do you now say of a man of God like Mbaka who was gloating on the outcome of the election? Is it that he didn’t see the obvious manipulations or that he was just being purely malicious.

See, a lot Nigerians don’t have conscience and can no longer differentiate between good and evil.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 12:48am On Jul 04, 2023
MrColdsweat:
List of executed projects of the Eastern niger development Commission in the land of the minorities.

Port Harcourt glass factory. This was responsible for producing bottles for the Nigerians brewery, coca cola etc.

Bonny coconut estate. Rivers state
Ikom cocoa estate. Calabar.
Elele oil palm estate. Rivers state.
Obubra cocoa estate cross river state
Obubra rubber estate. Cross river state.
Ogoja tobacco estate.
Calaro oil estate.

Infact, the major reason ndigbo starved during the war was because our agricultural investment was in the land of the minorities.

We are waiting for proof that Awolowo constructed a single block of classroom in the entire Edo state and Delta State.
Thank you for bringing more of his achievements to the fore.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by LegendHero(m): 1:00am On Jul 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

It seems you’re trying to supersede Shinia Ashebe in fiction writing.

No one gives a bleep about how anyone vote or not. A Yoruba man can choose to vote Tinubu because he is Yoruba, nothing is bad in that.

All round the world, politics is a game of interest. People vote based on either religion, clan, political ideology, sentiment, manifesto, and etc. Even in USA, most deep conservative Christians vote Republican always even if a goat is on the ballot.

Almost 85% Igbos voted Atiku in 2019, 2023 when Obi was on the ballot, they all did 360 degree and voted Obi with almost 90+ %. Only a fool will believe they all voted obi because of a nonsense competence.

The difference is that while Tinubu and Yorubas are bold to say “Emi Lokan”, the Igbos are damn scared to voice out that “Igbo turn” boldly because they know they are actually minority tribe political wise. So they must hide their Igbo identity and project a Nigeria identity.

If Obi is a Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani, he would be bold to use that card like he tried using the religious card because of the numbers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Brendaniel: 2:40am On Jul 04, 2023
LegendHero:

It seems you’re trying to supersede Shinia Ashebe in fiction writing.

No one gives a bleep about how anyone vote or not. A Yoruba man can choose to vote Tinubu because he is Yoruba, nothing is bad in that.

All round the world, politics is a game of interest. People vote based on either religion, clan, political ideology, sentiment, manifesto, and etc. Even in USA, most deep conservative Christians vote Republican always even if a goat is on the ballot.

Almost 85% Igbos voted Atiku in 2019, 2023 when Obi was on the ballot, they all did 360 degree and voted Obi with almost 90+ %. Only a fool will believe they all voted obi because of a nonsense competence.

The difference is that while Tinubu and Yorubas are bold to say “Emi Lokan”, the Igbos are damn scared to voice out that “Igbo turn” boldly because they know they are actually minority tribe political wise. So they must hide their Igbo identity and project a Nigeria identity.

If Obi is a Yoruba or Hausa/Fulani, he would be bold to use that card like he tried using the religious card because of the numbers.

For you to call my write up fictional without verification then the rest of your write up is trash......

5 Likes

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Brendaniel: 3:11am On Jul 04, 2023
Penguin2:

Wow!

Trust me I could feel the pain and emotions invested in every word written here whilst I read this comment.

Just like you, millions more people were broken too. A lot of people have always been suspicious of the Yoruba people and their unpredictable loyalties but this election made things worse. Right now, if a Yoruba says, “I’m with you”, you would question that statement till the end of time because you’d be doubtful of his loyalty.

And what is worst? They cannot present any logical justification for their actions and stance - it’s purely tribal.

But what do you now say of a man of God like Mbaka who was gloating on the outcome of the election? Is it that he didn’t see the obvious manipulations or that he was just being purely malicious.

See, a lot Nigerians don’t have conscience and can no longer differentiate between good and evil.

Like I said earlier ehn! if not that I have seen some really good ones who don't apply this tribalism in any way, I have seen a Yoruba guy fight for me to protect me from a fellow Igbo guy's constant oppression in secondary school, till date I and this Yoruba guy are still friends, the guy even supported Peter Obi during the election and was even given solid reasons why Peter Obi should be president and warning us not to vote Tinubu or Atiku, though he is in the US now so he couldn't vote, funny thing is I am not as close to this one like the other one neither did he live anywhere close by, we only met in secondary school and I have seen others too that are clearly like that as friends, that's what still gives me hope that there are still good ones among them..

As for Mbaka I've decided not to speak on his matter, I feel anything he does is between him and his God...

My major prayer now concerning all these election and tribal politics and so on is for the Igbos to be proven right and the good that will come out of it will benefit everyone positively whether as a single nation or different countries.....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by gare(f): 3:41am On Jul 04, 2023
Penguin2:
After I posted about the maltreatments that the people of Midwest faced under Awolowo’s Western Region which made them clamour for their own region with absolute ferocity, hordes of propagandists expectedly started twisting history and facts, as they are wont to doing, to suggest that the minorities in Old Eastern Region faced equal maltreatment like the people of Midwest but I’m here to disprove that fallacious claim by laying the facts as they are.

Of the three (3) original regions in colonial Nigeria, minorities were best treated in the Old Eastern Region. This was because projects were evenly distributed amongst all provinces of the region.

That was how Michael Okpara, the second Premier of the region after Azikiwe, built such legacy projects in the minority part of region like the popular Obudu Cattle Ranch (Calabar Province), Presidential Hotel, Port Harcourt (Port Harcourt Province), Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt (Port Harcourt Province), Calabar Cement Factory (Calabar Province), etc.

Most of these projects are still there today.

Now, can anyone point to a single legacy project built by Awolowo in the then Benin Province?

https://blerf.org/index.php/biography/okpara-michael-ihconukara-1920-1984/

Do you know that, the Luxurious Hotel Presidential Port Harcourt, is jointly owned by the Govt of Rivers and Bayelsa State.

It was built in 1963 by Michael Okpara, former premier of the Old Eastern region.

Hotel Presidential is managed by Courdeau Nigeria Limited, located in the heart of the Garden City - Port Harcourt, the Capital of Rivers State, Nigeria.

Less than an hour drive from the International and Domestic Airport. Being centrally situated within the business districts and the main shopping areas of the city,

The new eight storey building on the left hand side, was built by the Architect of modern Rivers State, Commander Alfred Diete Spiff.

He did it to shame the Government, and people of East Central State which/who raised hell, over the place of the 7 floor Hotel Presidential in the sharing of Assets belonging to Eastern Nigeria under what was called ESIALA -- Eastern States Internal Assets And Liabilities Commission

After he built it, He (Spiff) told them that they could bring in forklifts and take the old building to Enugu as part of the common assets.

That was why it was allowed to rot for a while before it was refurbished.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Nobody: 5:41am On Jul 04, 2023
Minorities in the Eastern Region were treated better than minorities in other regions then. These minorities were so well treated, that Adama Boro had to start an armed struggle to secede from the East because he never believed anyone could be so nice to him and his people the way ibbos were nice to them. These dot savages were brought up to consider hypocrisy, lies and stupidity as some great virtues. You guys think you can fool anyone or something?
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 04, 2023
Chibuzoc:
grin they ronu nazist are already in panic mode, they hate to hear good news about igbos shocked meanwhile the Midwest saw the development taking place in minority region in the east hence there quest to break out grin

Samething will happen in Biafra and minorities from nigeria would want to join in cool

I think those great development the ibbos were giving the minorities was why Adaka Boro took up arms to secede from the east. You guys are adept at fooling yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
After the last election this 2023 with all the things I saw during the campaign period, I concluded that I will never take any history of Nigeria written by south westerner seriously anymore till I verify it in details, the lies and falsehood unleashed by some of these folks is so alarming just because of politics and hate..

Oook. Go and verify why Adaka Boro took up arms to secede from the east. Verify whether he wasn't happy the way the Eastern Region was being very nice to his people. You also have the option of coming back here to entertain me by saying Adaka Boro never existed. I don't put any clowning beyond you guys.
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by stonemasonn: 5:52am On Jul 04, 2023
Brendaniel:
After the last election this 2023 with all the things I saw during the campaign period, I concluded that I will never take any history of Nigeria written by south westerner seriously anymore till I verify it in details, the lies and falsehood unleashed by some of these folks is so alarming just because of politics and hate..
which history of Nigeria was written by South West people?
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Brendaniel: 6:14am On Jul 04, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Oook. Go and verify why Adaka Boro took up arms to secede from the east. Verify whether he wasn't happy the way the Eastern Region was being very nice to his people. You also have the option of coming back here to entertain me by saying Adaka Boro never existed. I don't put any clowning beyond you guys.

you are mixing things up, I never gave details of my discovery here....
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Brendaniel: 6:16am On Jul 04, 2023
stonemasonn:

I never gave details of the southwest writers....
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Rolings: 6:28am On Jul 04, 2023
Penguin2:
After I posted about the maltreatments that the people of Midwest faced under Awolowo’s Western Region which made them clamour for their own region with absolute ferocity, hordes of propagandists expectedly started twisting history and facts, as they are wont to doing, to suggest that the minorities in Old Eastern Region faced equal maltreatment like the people of Midwest but I’m here to disprove that fallacious claim by laying the facts as they are.

Of the three (3) original regions in colonial Nigeria, minorities were best treated in the Old Eastern Region. This was because projects were evenly distributed amongst all provinces of the region.

That was how Michael Okpara, the second Premier of the region after Azikiwe, built such legacy projects in the minority part of region like the popular Obudu Cattle Ranch (Calabar Province), Presidential Hotel, Port Harcourt (Port Harcourt Province), Trans-Amadi Industrial Layout, Port Harcourt (Port Harcourt Province), Calabar Cement Factory (Calabar Province), etc.

Most of these projects are still there today.

Now, can anyone point to a single legacy project built by Awolowo in the then Benin Province?

https://blerf.org/index.php/biography/okpara-michael-ihconukara-1920-1984/

So why are you their mouthpiece?
Let the minorities come out to talk for themselves.
We know you people are good revisionists but let the people concerned speak for themselves.

And who says there are no Awolowo legacy projects in the old western region that included the Midwest?
All the industries from Benin to warri to agbor to ughelli were all built by Awolowo same for many major roads which are still in use today .

You claim to have treated them well but refused to create their own region for them because you want to exploit their resources.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Nobody: 6:32am On Jul 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

you are mixing things up, I never gave details of my discovery here....

Details of your discovery indeed. You are complaining about another region not wanting their minorities to leave, though they were allowed to leave without bloodshed. In your own region, the minorities were so maltreated that they had to start an armed struggle for them to be let go, which your people still didn't allow. But in typical ibbo hypocritical fashion, that wasn't a problem to you. Your main concern is another region. I still wonder what you guys eat in that your region that makes your brains work in some funny ways. It's usually entertaining though, the was you guys make noise about fooling yourselves with creating stories in your heads and the tomfoolery you carry out after convincing yourselves of the truth in your fairy tales.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Rolings: 6:51am On Jul 04, 2023
maintenant:
What silly truth are you talking about?

The most unfortunate thing is engaging you horde of narrow-minded elements who cannot travel to save your life...

I had cause to be somewhere in the rain forests of Cross River, in a place called Bendeghe in Etung Local Council...

The cocoa and palm plantations established by Azikiwe and Okpara are still delivering agricultural produce today...

Life should begin and end with mindless propaganda...

And did they tell you the cocoa rubber and oil palm plantations established by Awolowo in the bendel province is not producing again?

You have not been to other regions to know the level of development there.

As much as igbos tried during they last election to whip up religious sentiments in the north they were largely unsucessful
Why?
The northern region treated it's minorities best among all the regions......that's why they are so cohesive.....the minorities had a sense of belonging and their areas were also developed . Infact the engine room of the northern economy is in the minorities areas of Benue plateau Kaduna,only Kano is a Fulani town

We know how igbos like revisionism to hide their foolishness but we won't allow you miscreants yo mislead the public. Thank God everything is public record nobody go tell us cock and bull story.

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by drugBaronTINUBU: 6:58am On Jul 04, 2023
AwkaFinest:
OP during the time of the Eastern region there was nothing like Port Harcourt Province. Port Harcourt was under Owerri Province. Okpara just like every average Igbo man felt he was developing Igboland.

Read and digest your info first before spewing trash on nairaland. Minorities were subdued especially after Nigeria gained her independence. Only the north treated her minorities fairly, hence their level of unity till date.

In the South all the minorities opted to leave. SW Cameroon eg Bamenda province, Mamfe province, Kumba province and Victoria province left the Eastern region to join Cameroon, because of oppression by the Igbos.

Midwest region left the Western region to be on their own based on the same feeling of oppression.

The Ijaws tried leaving the Eastern region, but Adaka Boro was arrested and jailed by Ojukwu and our Igbo grandparents.

During the civil war, the military president who was Gowon had to grant the minorities their wishes which weakened the strength of the Igbos.

So stop opening thread of lies. Even till date minorities have it worse in this country.

Building a hotel and an industrial layout does not mean Igbos were good to the minorities. Ask yourself who were the people working in the hotels? Igbos!
Who were the people heading the affairs of the hotels? Igbos!
What factories/companies were allowed to operate in the industrial layout? Igbo owned.

Or you want to tell us that the Yorubas and the Hausas never built any meaningful infrastructure in areas of their minorities? Then you lie....
Mention one thing built by the Yorubas in igbo and delta
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Brendaniel: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2023
SamboAnguissa:

Details of your discovery indeed. You are complaining about another region not wanting their minorities to leave, though they were allowed to leave without bloodshed. In your own region, the minorities were so maltreated that they had to start an armed struggle for them to be let go, which your people still didn't allow. But in typical ibbo hypocritical fashion, that wasn't a problem to you. Your main concern is another region. I still wonder what you guys eat in that your region that makes your brains work in some funny ways. It's usually entertaining though, the was you guys make noise about fooling yourselves with creating stories in your heads and the tomfoolery you carry out after convincing yourselves of the truth in your fairy tales.

Like I said earlier on, you are still mixing things up, please read all my comments on this thread and tell me where I made any allegations in regards to minority, I really hope everything is OK with you.
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2023
Rolings:

So why are you their mouthpiece?
Let the minorities come out to talk for themselves.
We know you people are good revisionists but let the people concerned speak for themselves.

And who says there are no Awolowo legacy projects in the old western region that included the Midwest?
All the industries from Benin to warri to agbor to ughelli were all built by Awolowo same for many major roads which are still in use today .

You claim to have treated them well but refused to create their own region for them because you want to exploit their resources.
Why not name the industries so that we can verify?

You can’t just come here and make spurious and vague and opaque claims without specifics.

Give us names of the industry and roads.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 8:14am On Jul 04, 2023
gare:

Do you know that, the Luxurious Hotel Presidential Port Harcourt, is jointly owned by the Govt of Rivers and Bayelsa State.

It was built in 1963 by Michael Okpara, former premier of the Old Eastern region.

Hotel Presidential is managed by Courdeau Nigeria Limited, located in the heart of the Garden City - Port Harcourt, the Capital of Rivers State, Nigeria.

Less than an hour drive from the International and Domestic Airport. Being centrally situated within the business districts and the main shopping areas of the city,

The new eight storey building on the left hand side, was built by the Architect of modern Rivers State, Commander Alfred Diete Spiff.

He did it to shame the Government, and people of East Central State which/who raised hell, over the place of the 7 floor Hotel Presidential in the sharing of Assets belonging to Eastern Nigeria under what was called ESIALA -- Eastern States Internal Assets And Liabilities Commission

After he built it, He (Spiff) told them that they could bring in forklifts and take the old building to Enugu as part of the common assets.

That was why it was allowed to rot for a while before it was refurbished.
Conclusion: Michael Okpara built Hotel Presidential, Port Harcourt.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2023
Brendaniel:

Like I said earlier ehn! if not that I have seen some really good ones who don't apply this tribalism in any way, I have seen a Yoruba guy fight for me to protect me from a fellow Igbo guy's constant oppression in secondary school, till date I and this Yoruba guy are still friends, the guy even supported Peter Obi during the election and was even given solid reasons why Peter Obi should be president and warning us not to vote Tinubu or Atiku, though he is in the US now so he couldn't vote, funny thing is I am not as close to this one like the other one neither did he live anywhere close by, we only met in secondary school and I have seen others too that are clearly like that as friends, that's what still gives me hope that there are still good ones among them..

As for Mbaka I've decided not to speak on his matter, I feel anything he does is between him and his God...

My major prayer now concerning all these election and tribal politics and so on is for the Igbos to be proven right and the good that will come out of it will benefit everyone positively whether as a single nation or different countries.....

Your last paragraph summarizes everything.

I just want the elements of the universe to help make it possible for Igbos to be proven right so that Nigerians will be convinced that all we’ve ever wanted is objective and altruistic good of the Nigerian state.
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by babydioku(f): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2023
This how a leader should live his life not the one that drink rat poison due to karma
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by tamdun: 8:38am On Jul 04, 2023
stonemasonn:
Good question
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 9:03am On Jul 04, 2023
Adurax:
Doesn't sound true
Then prove it’s false.

We are waiting
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by Penguin2: 9:17am On Jul 04, 2023
Rolings:

And did they tell you the cocoa rubber and oil palm plantations established by Awolowo in the bendel province is not producing again?

As much as igbos tried during they last election to whip up religious sentiments in the north they were largely unsucessful
Why?
The northern region treated it's minorities best among all the regions......that's why they are so cohesive.....the minorities had a sense of belonging and their areas were also developed . Infact the engine room of the northern economy is in the minorities areas of Benue plateau Kaduna,only Kano is a Fulani town

We know how igbos like revisionism to hide their foolishness but we won't allow you miscreants yo mislead the public. Thank God everything is public record nobody go tell us cock and bull story.
I hate it when people engage in long talks without providing facts to backup their claims.

I opened this thread to tell propagandists like you who try to revise history and tell Southsouth people that Igbos are their greatest enemies, that Michael Okpara, an Igbo man built legacy projects in this region when they were part of the old Eastern Region which shows the minorities were adequately accommodated unlike the maltreatment that Awolowo meted against the people of Midwest.

But guess what, I didn’t just make those claims, I provided proofs and links to various publications to verify the veracity of the facts I laid.

That’s what I expected you lots to do.

Name the projects Awolowo constructed in the Midwestern Region and provide links to verify such claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by maintenant: 1:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Rolings:

Why?

You are not making sense...

Are we talking reality or the figment of your warped imagination?

Ask any elder from the northern minority and they will tell you how they were completely subjugated by the Hausa-Fulani hegemony from 1957 till the end of the First Republic...

You cannot travel and you cannot read: Shouldnt you be pitied?
Re: Did You Know Michael Okpara Built Obudu Ranch, Presidential Hotel PH, Etc? by maintenant: 1:53pm On Jul 04, 2023
AwkaFinest:

The North was the worst culprit, yet Northern British Cameroon voted to join northern Nigeria because they felt they were treated fairly by the north.

The north was the worst culprit, but the north has been more united than the south since the onset of this country.

The north was the worst culprit, yet you don't see northerners opening threads everyday to force themselves on minority tribes of the north.

The North was the worst culprit, yet since the creation of this country voting pattern of the north has been uniform on average.

The north was the worst, yet the level of uprising by minority tribes against the majority has been overwhelming in the south as compared to the north.

The north was the worst, yet you'll never see a northerners insulting minority tribes of the north online and offline.
You are completely divorced from reality...

Southern Cameroon elected to join the Cameroon with the supposition that the articles of the memorandum of the merger which would allow them to be independent would be honoured...

Do some reading and research and stop making noises on a subject on which you have no clue...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunnybobo, Why Are You A Tribalist,most on Fbi Most Wanted are not / Is This For Real? / How I Will Rebuild Bayelsa – Dickson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.