Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:25 AM

When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? (11374 Views)

Moment Lady Went On Her Knees To Propose To Her Boyfriend (pics/video) / Lady Looking For A Man To Propose To. Nigerians Respond (Photos) / Man Abroad Sends Ring To Co-worker To Propose To His Abuja Gf On His Behalf(Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by phemmyfour: 4:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Lean not on your understanding 😐
Illiterate

Read the context of the original post
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ednut1(m): 4:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
They know I'm seeing someone but they've never met her. I be grown-ass man o.
take her to go visit them before proposing. Normal levels

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 4:55pm On Jul 09, 2023
I will.
ednut1:
take her to go visit them before proposing. Normal levels
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by frozen70(f): 5:26pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Thanks very much for this. The truth is I've already decided in my mind that she's the one. I also understand the importance of all you've said here. I'm pretty sure my mom will like her but I won't pop the question before taking her to see them. The thing is we both live in the same city, and she still live with her parents. So, I'm not sure the idea of her staying with my family (I don't live with my family) like for week is okay.

Thanks for your compliments
The idea is to visit and spend maybe one or two hours with your family

Not necessarily mean staying with them for long
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Yes, that's very doable. Thanks again.
frozen70:

Thanks for your compliments
The idea is to visit and spend maybe one or two hours with your family

Not necessarily mean staying with them for long
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by saphiere(f): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2023
Anfieldboss:

If the only thing you bring to your husband's life is bearing him children, then you're of no value to him. Besides, you cannot impregnate yourself, the baby was made by the both of you.

Agreed, there are other intrinsic values a woman adds to a man's life but child bearing is certainly not one of them.
So a child is not a value? No wonder you are valueless.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Cloudflare: 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2023
saphiere:
The appropriate time is when you can foot her bills.
When you are earning at least half a million Naira.
Get a good paying job with stable income before you think of proposing.

Dear young ladies, please don't accept a proposal from any man who is not financially buoyant.
You can't suffer as a single lady and still suffer as a married woman. Be wise. Don't let them sweet talk you into suffering.
Refuse to suffer.
Mr guesser I need a job. I base in PH.
Can men just stop with the nonsense "what can you bring to the table?"
What women bring to the table outweighs what men bring.
Some of the things women bring to marriage are things money can't buy. Example; children.

Madam Shut up and answer the damn question!!!! What exactly are you bringing to the table? Apart your over used damaged kpekpus, what else do you have to offer the man in that relationship let alone marriage?

Are you rich? If no, what's stopping you from making your own money and be rich? Why waiting and depending on a man to come bail you out of your poverty stricken life? What is wrong with you Nigerian girls? Why can't you advise your gender to hustle and make money for themselves so they can become millionaires before even thinking of entering a relationship let alone marriage.

Madam, stop being a leech and a parasite. Go and make your own money nobody owes you a dime!!

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by saphiere(f): 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
[s]
Cloudflare:

Madam Shut up and answer the damn question!!!! What exactly are you bringing to the table? Apart your over used damaged kpekpus, what else do you have to offer the man in that relationship let alone marriage?

Are you rich? If no, what's stopping you from making your own money and be rich? Why waiting and depending on a man to come bail you out of your poverty stricken life? What is wrong with you Nigerian girls? Why can't you advise your gender to hustle and make money for themselves so they can become millionaires before even thinking of entering a relationship let alone marriage.

Madam, stop being a leech and a parasite. Go and make your own money nobody owes you a dime!!
[/s]
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by KingOfTheDamned: 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Hmm. Anyway, I've read about the increased risk of making deformed or at-risk children the older the parents are. But it doesn't just apply to the mom; it also apples to the men.

100% false. It doesn't affect sperm . Sorry go get your facts right . It's 100% the woman's eggs
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by akintunde63: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Quick question for married people: take the woman to see your parents before proposing to her, or propose to her before taking her to see your parents? In what order is this culturally appropriate?

First and important, you two must have defined exactly what you want, marriage in this case. You must have aligned your aspirations as well; known your blood groups/genotypes etc. Not in a particular order.

Then know your families.

Then propose.

At times, your families may already know each other, even before all these.

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 7:12pm On Jul 09, 2023
Before using bold terms like "100% False," and accusing people of not getting their facts right, make time to do a bit of research first. Here you go:
Many autosomal dominant diseases (for example, achondroplasia) have been shown to be associated with increasing paternal age.10 A population based study of childhood brain cancers reported to the Swedish Cancer Registry between 1960 and 1994 concluded that there is a paternal age affect, estimated to confer about 25% excess risk in fathers >35 years of age.17 A case‐control study of 10 162 matched pairs reported a threefold increase in risk of retinoblastoma for fathers ⩾45 years18 and a 50% increased risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia for fathers aged 35 years or more was found in a historical cohort of 434 933 live births.19 There is conflicting evidence regarding congenital heart defects, although it has been estimated that among offspring of men aged >35 years, about 5% of cases may be attributable to advanced paternal age. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2566050/#:~:text=Growing%20evidence%20shows%20that%20the,%2C%20some%20cancers%2C%20and%20schizophrenia.
KingOfTheDamned:

100% false. It doesn't affect sperm . Sorry go get your facts right . It's 100% the woman's eggs
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by KingOfTheDamned: 7:33pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Before using bold terms like "100% False," and accusing people of not getting their facts right, make time to do a bit of research first. Here you go:
Many autosomal dominant diseases (for example, achondroplasia) have been shown to be associated with increasing paternal age.10 A population based study of childhood brain cancers reported to the Swedish Cancer Registry between 1960 and 1994 concluded that there is a paternal age affect, estimated to confer about 25% excess risk in fathers >35 years of age.17 A case‐control study of 10 162 matched pairs reported a threefold increase in risk of retinoblastoma for fathers ⩾45 years18 and a 50% increased risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia for fathers aged 35 years or more was found in a historical cohort of 434 933 live births.19 There is conflicting evidence regarding congenital heart defects, although it has been estimated that among offspring of men aged >35 years, about 5% of cases may be attributable to advanced paternal age. Source: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2566050/#:~:text=Growing%20evidence%20shows%20that%20the,%2C%20some%20cancers%2C%20and%20schizophrenia.

Beep wrong again!! Stop quoting outdated medical journals from last century go to WHO site ... I will post links argue with your tits
🤣
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 7:36pm On Jul 09, 2023
Outdated? Like seriously? So, the human body has evolved somehow since 1994?
KingOfTheDamned:

Beep wrong again!! Stop quoting outdated medical journals from last century go to WHO site ... I will post links argue with your tits
🤣
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by KingOfTheDamned: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Outdated? Like seriously? So, the human body has evolved somehow since 1994?

Mugu 20 years ago what did we know about retra and adeno viruses ? Today that knowledge has been updated. Listen dweeb I studied in the field so I know what I am saying.

Now your 2 secs of fame is up ,bye
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2023
Nairaland is full of all kinds of people: fantastically smart souls and outright dimwits too. What has newly discovered dieses or even medical breakthroughs have to do with the fact that both men and women are at-risk in this case? Dimwit with a foul mouth, still can't engage in constructive conversations because you're nothing but an empty gong. You studied in the field of wasted school fees.
KingOfTheDamned:

Mugu 20 years ago what did we know about retra and adeno viruses ? Today that knowledge has been updated. Listen dweeb I studied in the field so I know what I am saying.

Now your 2 secs of fame is up ,bye
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Anfieldboss: 9:15pm On Jul 09, 2023
saphiere:
So a child is not a value? No wonder you are valueless.

A woman does not make a baby by herself, it takes two to make a baby and unless the father of a baby is irresponsible, he plays an active role in his child's life from conception to pregnancy and delivery. I know this because I am a father and not a deadbeat one.

Learn to argue logically.

If a child is the only value a woman brings to marriage, that means women who are yet to conceive for their husbands are useless . I am only quoting you and following your line of thought.
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by KingOfTheDamned: 9:28pm On Jul 09, 2023
ibinaboonline:
Nairaland is full of all kinds of people: fantastically smart souls and outright dimwits too. What has newly discovered dieses or even medical breakthroughs have to do with the fact that both men and women are at-risk in this case? Dimwit with a foul mouth, still can't engage in constructive conversations because you're nothing but an empty gong. You studied in the field of wasted school fees.

Now you are embarrassing yourself 🤣
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 9:29pm On Jul 09, 2023
Abeg go sleep.
KingOfTheDamned:

Now you are embarrassing yourself 🤣
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by IyanuDeb(f): 11:51pm On Jul 09, 2023
Ask the lady, "should I propose first or let's go see your parents? " undecided
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by Anashe: 3:03am On Jul 10, 2023
ibinaboonline:

Bro, too many embittered souls on this platform. People who have never experienced love for a day in their lives. Who would resort to name-calling instead of respectfully or politely educating you if need be. Check his comments and topics, he's clearly unhappy and the sight of people being happy or loved drived him nuts. He's also clearly and disturbingly obsessed with women. He's in the same category with Funfere Koroye that is being called out now on Twitter.

Just a word of advice, keep important decisions and questions off this platform. Especially around relationships and marriage.

All the best 👍🏾

1 Like

Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by ibinaboonline: 7:02am On Jul 10, 2023
Thank you, my brother. I didn't know the guy has a reputation otherwise I wouldn't even have bothered to reply him. I did notice evidence of the bitterness in that guy. You're so right about people like him. Thanks for your input, also. I've decided to take her to meet my family members and then pop the question officially afterwards.
Anashe:

Bro, too many embittered souls on this platform. People who have never experienced love for a day in their lives. Who would resort to name-calling instead of respectfully or politely educating you if need be. Check his comments and topics, he's clearly unhappy and the sight of people being happy or loved drived him nuts. He's also clearly and disturbingly obsessed with women. He's in the same category with Funfere Koroye that is being called out now on Twitter.

Re: Your question - Do what works for you. My wife and I met here and were already engaged before we went home to Naija to see my parents first and then hers. We regularly communicated with our families so we weren't strangers in eachother's families. I had also informed her parents about my intention to propose in 2018. Got married here.

Just a word of advice, keep important decisions and questions off this platform. Especially around relationships and marriage.

All the best 👍🏾
Re: When Is The Appropriate Time To Propose? by razible5384(m): 4:55pm On Jul 12, 2023
saphiere:
The appropriate time is when you can foot her bills.
When you are earning at least half a million Naira.
Get a good paying job with stable income before you think of proposing.

Dear young ladies, please don't accept a proposal from any man who is not financially buoyant.
You can't suffer as a single lady and still suffer as a married woman. Be wise. Don't let them sweet talk you into suffering.
Refuse to suffer.
Mr guesser I need a job. I base in PH.
Can men just stop with the nonsense "what can you bring to the table?"
What women bring to the table outweighs what men bring.
Some of the things women bring to marriage are things money can't buy. Example; children.
you're becoming a nuisance...grow up already..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Different Levels Of Guys For Nigerian Girls / If Size Really Matters – Why Do Girls Moan When They Get Fingered? / Nairaland Big Boys...what's The Cost Of Carrying Olosho At Quilox, Cubana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.