Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (6806 Views)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Onlytruth(m): 3:56pm On Oct 07, 2011
Hmmmmm?
I can now understand why GEJ said there will be no more independence day parades till 2014. There are too many wolves in ship skins roaming the scene in Abuja.
David Mark of all people? So this man is this treacherous Na wa o!  shocked
This is part of why Jonathan needs to do some serious house cleaning ASAP. He is still the president today, and David Mark is still removable (yes he is!). Else 2014 may be too late for GEJ.
This is one area where Obasanjo was very good. He made sure that all his political enemies bit the dust before he left Aso Rock.
If Jonathan doesn't bare his fangs NOW; old rogues like David Mark will do him in BEFORE 2015.
Mark my words.  cool
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by ocelot2006(m): 3:58pm On Oct 07, 2011
@ Gbawe

I understand your frustration. But I must admit that there's been some improvement in the power sector, particularly power generation. And it's been felt across the country. Over here in Jalingo, power supply is so good it scares the hell out of me sometimes smiley . Then again, Jalingo isn't as industrialized as LAGOS (hence the low load).
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by koolman: 4:02pm On Oct 07, 2011
I disagree with you .GEJ will not even win in his village Otuoke if a fresh election is conducted now.
He has proved to be a bundle of disappointment to Nigerians.He wants to increase fuel by January.
He has no agenda or even manifesto.I am so disappointed in him.I still regret voting for him.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by MrWhy1(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2011
Those people who come here and say, there has been power improvement in my area and so on and so forth. Let us stop worshiping Mediocrity for once in this our beloved country.

@PointB

Your criticism is vague and highly subjective. It is quite obvious that you may not be current about what is happening in your Domian. Couple of weeks ago, Barth Nnaji said it would cost $10billion annually over the course of 10 years which is = $100billion to increase the power supply to 45,000 megawatts. The question is, can the Nigerian government come up with that amount? Well, we have the resources to generate such amount but there is virtually no infrastructure to tap into that resources.

The best bet is to wholly Privatize the power sector like other developed countries( GE in American, etc) and see if private companies won't want to expand their investments by delivering the much needed services. Have you forgotten telecommunication privitalization? Does GED have the political will to do so? Can he do so? A lot of hoodlums at the top do not want to see that happen, because it threatens their interest! Do you think people like Dangote wants to see a common man start producing cement in his backyard tomorrow? Do you think generator importers wants to be put out of business?

Until a fearless leader who owes nothing to no one emerges and take on the special interest, the bad saga playing out everyday on the national level will only continue and we the average Joe's of the Nigerian social system will continue to live in stone age while others advance into the futuristic age.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by MrWhy1(m): 4:10pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Kobojunkie

My sista, I tire eeeh, The kind of blind argument sometimes by our people can be mind-blowing.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
Senator David Mark is not in the position to assess the power situation. He doesn't buy fuel nor does he know when there is power outage. Everything is provided for him by the people. It is possible that fuel  and generator importers are sponsoring him to destabilize the power Ministry. There is no Nigerian who doesn't know that the power situation has improved, albeit marginally. Nigerians who  want to see more improvement have not nominated David Mark as their spokesman.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mr--Why:

Those people who come here and say, there has been power improvement in my area and so on and so forth. Let us stop worshiping Mediocrity for once in this our beloved country.

@PointB

Your criticism is vague and highly subjective. It is quite obvious that you may not be current about what is happening in your Domian. Couple of weeks ago, Barth Nnaji said it would cost $10billion annually over the course of 10 years which is = $100billion to increase the power supply to 45,000 megawatts. The question is, can the Nigerian government come up with that amount? Well, we have the resources to generate such amount but there is virtually no infrastructure to tap into that resources.

The best bet is to wholly Privatize the power sector like other developed countries( GE in American, etc) and see if private companies won't want to expand their investments by delivering the much needed services. Have you forgotten telecommunication privitalization? Does GED have the political will to do so? Can he do so? A lot of hoodlums at the top do not want to see that happen, because it threatens their interest! Do you think people like Dangote wants to see a common man start producing cement in his backyard tomorrow? Do you think generator importers wants to be put out of business?

Until a fearless leader who owes nothing to no one emerges and take on the special interest, the bad saga playing out everyday on the national level will only continue and we the average Joe's of the Nigerian social system will continue to live in stone age while others advance into the futuristic age.

Do you now any private company that have been denied the opportunity to invest in the power sector?
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by ak47mann(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2011
Time for real action cool
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Okijajuju1(m): 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2011
Has power improved since GEJ assumed office?!

Answer: YES!

Impatience is a very terrible thing, atleast work is going on in the power sector as we speak, the process of privatisation is also on-going. All this beer palour talk is just rubbish,

If in over 30 years Nigeria hasnt invested in power generation, how do you expect to generate the power?! The people in the street would admit that PHCN is a very big improvement from what NEPA use to be.

Power generation is a cost effective and time consuming problem. The anuofia that was screaming Ghana has stable power should ask what the power consumption of Ghana is compared to ours. We definitely generate more power than Ghana and yet its still inadequate,

I have decided to stick with my support for Jonathan for the Duration of his 4year tenure after which I will then judge his performance.

David Mark should keep munching on monkey balls because Nigerians are not fooled with his true ambition of being president come 2015, He can criticize GEJ all he wants, but he should first start by telling us how he has changed the Senate and how he has affected his constituency with all the allocations and salary he gets,
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
ocelot2006:

@ Gbawe

I understand your frustration. But I must admit that there's been some improvement in the power sector, particularly power generation. And it's been felt across the country. Over here in Jalingo, power supply is so good it scares the hell out of me sometimes smiley . Then again, Jalingo isn't as industrialized as LAGOS (hence the low load).

As far back as when Yar adua was still comatose, and we knew well that the generation fell during those months, there were many who came in here to announce that the power situation in their area had improved. Imagine that,We were initially lied to that the generation had gone up by about 1000MW, but it was later confirmed that generation in fact fallen during said period. Some people still came on here then to tell us of how the power situation in Nigeria had improved.

So my question to you is this, how do you know the power situation has improved IN THE POWER SECTION, PARTICULARLY  POWER GENERATION?  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by oladayo042: 4:36pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mr--Why:

@Gbawe

Sycophant-ism rules in Naija due to limited supply of logical and critical thinking.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Bawss1(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2011
All this mention of improvement is amazing. Where I live in Abuja has not seen any improvement in power supply. Last year I could stay for weeks without running the generator but that is no longer the case, now the gen comes on every other day. But that is just me. What about the industries that depend on electricity to function, do they share the same sentiment that things have improved? Just because some people in Maitama or Surulere now have electricity for 20 hrs a day doesn't mean we should start celebrating.

What will count is substantial improvement in power supply and not the marginal increments in mega watts (if they are actually true) that some people are dancing about.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by ak47mann(m): 4:44pm On Oct 07, 2011
jedisco:

I cant help but laugh when i read gbawe and kobo's comments. At least we all know that from recent history the situation on nairaland politics section is the total opposite of the true situation in nigeria.
One question i have for them is: What do real nigerians think about GEJ?
And to those still calling buhari. Any sane person will agree with me that if the elections are conducted again between gej and buhari; gej will still win by even a greater margin
So my question for u is: why do real nigerians prefer gej to buhari if the latter was truly better
because buhari is an Islamic fundamentalist cool
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2011
^^
Spot on!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by nagoma(m): 4:54pm On Oct 07, 2011
@Gbawe
Oga, we know you are pro-elite and anti-people, but have you and your ilk not "eaten" enough? Abeg, privatise the damn sector and leave us be. At least that way , we know that serious States will get the chance to procur their own adequate power solution. We have had enough of your redundant talk. It is so annoying that Nigeria is a bastardized version of Nationhood where those who cause all the problems get to pretend to be part of the solution.

All you said was point on! THere is nothing to subtract in these factual statements. We are living  here in the PDP hell called Nigeria, don't let those loafers distract you as they blurt  out nonsense to cover up mediocrity, misrule and embezzlement.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2011
jedisco:

I cant help but laugh when i read gbawe and kobo's comments. At least we all know that from recent history the situation on nairaland politics section is the total opposite of the true situation in nigeria.
One question i have for them is: What do real nigerians think about GEJ?
And to those still calling buhari. Any sane person will agree with me that if the elections are conducted again between gej and buhari; gej will still win by even a greater margin
So my question for u is: why do real nigerians prefer gej to buhari if the latter was truly better

Here are abc questions for you

a) Who are the "real" Nigerians you speak of?

b) The elections are long over, and we know Jonathan is likely to remain President till 2015, so why in the world do you want to ask me anything of Buhari? Isn't dealing with the present a more sensible route if you really care for development in this nation?  Also, Buhari did not make this statement, Jonathan's 3rd in command did.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2011
They said Odechukwu Retardeen is on top of the situation
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by nagoma(m): 5:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
They said Odechukwu Retardeen is on top of the situation

But does he know the situation or is he just sitting on top of it. He GEJ believes he is David and there is a Goliath somewhere while Nigerians want to believe that he is King David and question Goliath should not even arise.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 5:30pm On Oct 07, 2011
To the airheads asking folks to move to Ghana, I say carry on your r.et.arded foolishness. It should be shameful to us that virtually all our West African neighbours have constant electricity - that is the substantive point . For the fool who asked when the GEJ government stated it would hand over the power sector into private hands, see below. To understand pre-elecion empty promises and deceit.

http://9ja-land..com/2010/07/come-june-2011-private-sector-to-take.html

Private sector to take control of electricity by June 2011 - FG
Published: 7/07/2010 03:11:00 AM
•11 distribution companies, 7 others to be sold
•FG to provide N200 billion for labour related liabilities

In what will be seen by local and international investors as a radical shake up of its energy policy, Nigeria is now working at delivering a full-fledged private sector led power industry by June 2011.

The policy shift appears to be a key deliverable that the present administration in Abuja, which has barely a year to run, would want to hand over to Nigerians before it comes to an end after elections scheduled for between later this year and early next year.

"Expect the full privatisation of the 11 distribution companies, one transmission company and the six generation companies. In other words, by June next year, we expect to be handing over these companies and consequently the power sector to private investors," said one senior government source close to the engine room of the policy formulation now taking place.

A draft work plan is said to have been prepared with June, next year, as its destination. A public unfolding of the plan is not likely to happen, as serious work is being done internally to perfect all areas so as to avoid loopholes, it was learnt.

Involved in working out a comprehensive framework that will free the sector from decades of government stranglehold and deterioration, are the powerful power task force set up by President Goodluck Jonathan, led by Massachusetts Institute of Science and Technology robotics professor, Barth Nnaji, and the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE).

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by MrWhy1(m): 6:08pm On Oct 07, 2011
@PointB

What the government at the order of the president needs to do is create a favorable environment for the privitalization of the power sector and you will see countless companies vying for a stake. In fact, many private companies have proposed including a Brazilian,French companies and many others. But those short-sighted bureaucrats in Abuja are making things difficult for their own interests.

I am not trying to put all the blame solely on GED because this power problem has been piling up for years. However, the mistake he did and continue to do is promise things without getting all the facts, examining the fundamental problems and the time frame necessary to accomplish his goals. If you want to enact radical change in Nigeria as he set out to do, you need radical way of thinking doing things. The system in Nigeria today is a very complex system that needs a strong personality to handle. Having observed GED for sometime, his policies, choice of words,posture. He seems to lack the tough leadership skills and more importantly the charisma to address such a paradox called Nigeria.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 6:10pm On Oct 07, 2011
Gbawe:

To the airheads asking folks to move to Ghana, I say carry on your r.et.arded foolishness. It should be shameful to us that virtually all our West African neighbours have constant electricity - that is the substantive point . For the fool who asked when the GEJ government stated it would hand over the power sector into private hands, see below. To understand pre-elecion empty promises and deceit.

http://9ja-land..com/2010/07/come-june-2011-private-sector-to-take.html

And if the private companies refuses or tarries in buying the power companies, we should give it to them for free, simply because we promised to hand it over to them, right, wise guy?
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by PointB: 6:18pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mr--Why:

@PointB

What the government at the order of the president needs to do is create a favorable environment for the privitalization of the power sector and you will see countless companies vying for a stake. In fact, many private companies have proposed including a Brazilian,French companies and many others. But those short-sighted bureaucrats in Abuja are making things difficult for their own interests.

I am not trying to put all the blame solely on GED because this power problem has been piling up for years. However, the mistake he did and continue to do is promise things without getting all the facts, examining the fundamental problems and the time frame necessary to accomplish his goals. If you want to enact radical change in Nigeria as he set out to do, you need radical way of thinking doing things. The system in Nigeria today is a very complex system that needs a strong personality to handle.  Having observed GED for sometime, his policies, choice of words,posture. He seems to lack the tough leadership skills and more importantly the charisma to address such a paradox called Nigeria.

Precisely what government has done. But I asked earlier would you invest your life savings in Bauchi, Maiduguri? Because that is how most investors see Nigeria. If you can invest your life savings in Borno state than you have a point.

Btw if you know for certain bureaucrats in Abuja are making things difficult for their own interests, kindly let us in. Otherwise it is the same old regurgitated stuff that many people say to sound smart and knowledgeable. The biggest stumbling block to power sector reform is security!
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by soma042(m): 6:24pm On Oct 07, 2011
if  i say im not enjoying this drama on this naira site, then i must be a good liar .im a goog reader of the crazy articles, i was once a writer like gbawe,pointb, and the other pan african writer. but later i discovered that the poeple concern are not their to listen, i just have to quit. THE ONLY THING GOOD FOR THIS GREAT NATION LIKE NIGERIA REVOLUTIONREVOLUTIONREVOLUTION . lets come outside and say no to this coruption in our country. the britain did, the us did, the zionis did libya is on it. dud your not a good writer like them. for me im sick of making these argument.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by sunkoye: 7:05pm On Oct 07, 2011
am sure senate president must av gone on a private house visit to a long lost friend and hit his leg when he was trying to navigate his way through darkness grin grin, who is David deceiving , this man does not even know when he was using PHCN or Generator in his house or office! nonsense angry
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Oct 07, 2011
Mr--Why:

@PointB

[size=15pt]I am not trying to put all the blame solely on GED because this power problem has been piling up for years. However, the mistake he did and continue to do is promise things without getting all the facts, examining the fundamental problems and the time frame necessary to accomplish his goals. If you want to enact radical change in Nigeria as he set out to do, you need radical way of thinking doing things. The system in Nigeria today is a very complex system that needs a strong personality to handle. Having observed GED for sometime, his policies, choice of words,posture. He seems to lack the tough leadership skills and more importantly the charisma to address such a paradox called Nigeria.[/size]
I feel like smoking to this.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by seal777(m): 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2011
If anyone cares to check my history on nairaland, you will see it clearly that my support has always been for Buhari and i still maintain my support for him concerning the pursuit of his cases in court.

I stated my experience as far as power supply is concerned in my area and some people are still doubting it to reflect their hatred for GEJ,my conscience wouldn't allow me to do that but what i always tell people is not be to be too quick in singing praises as we are very good at starting a project only to give in along the line and back to square one we go. I can remember having constant power supply in my area for as much as 5 days uninterrupted when obasanjo was campaigning for second term in office only to be back in total darkness there after.

If a government make promises to the citizen and fails to deliver on those promises, the citizens has the right to complain and express their disgust at such government.

If bills are charged at 24 hr power supply basis, common sense dictates that power supply should also be on a 24 hr basis.

No one should take excuse for failures , its a bad culture we must resist.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by muyoto: 8:19pm On Oct 07, 2011
You are a madman and a total reprobate. Is is because I have no time for dullards like you that you are emboldened to write the crap you do above ? I have been in Nigerian for the past month and I am here 4-5 months out of 12 in a year . The mods can confirm it by checking my IP right now. I live in the Bode Thomas area of Surulere. There is nil improvement here . Folks like you are a total disgrace. I got back from a 12 day visit to Ghana yesterday. The light was constant and only off for 5 hours , for upgrade repair, in my whole time in Ghana. I got to Lagos at 10 am yesterday. We have not had any electricity since then except for PHCN playing yoyo with switching the light on for 2 minutes and then off again damaging equipments  !!!

Shameless bigots like you support GEJ blindly and shore up lies and deception because he is from your region. May God forgive idiots like you. The man , to win an election, blatantly promised that the Government will hands off power generation and distribution by June 2011 because he knew this is what all Nigerians want to hear. He has now done a total U-turn to return us to the discredited models that sees big contracts being issued with no commensurate result and sickening bigots like you are here making noise. Either join the clamour to force the FG to fully privatise the sector or bleep off !!! I had a crappy sleep last night thanks to you know what and generators are making so much noise all over my area as I type right now so I have no time for the bigoted shite you write to support your clueless "brother" who is clearly not up to the task !!!!  !!!! Angry Angry Angry f.ack off !!!!!

Gbawe on fire!!  grin grin
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I feel like smoking to this.

You smoke?
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Johndoe100(m): 8:26pm On Oct 07, 2011
Okija_juju:

Has power improved since GEJ assumed office?!

Answer: YES!

Impatience is a very terrible thing, atleast work is going on in the power sector as we speak, the process of privatisation is also on-going. All this beer palour talk is just rubbish,  

Gbawe:
You are a madman and a total reprobate. Is is because I have no time for dullards like you that you are emboldened to write the crap you do above ? I have been in Nigerian for the past month and I am here 4-5 months out of 12 in a year . The mods can confirm it by checking my IP right now. I live in the Bode Thomas area of Surulere. There is nil improvement here . Folks like you are a total disgrace. I got back from a 12 day visit to Ghana yesterday. The light was constant and only off for 5 hours , for upgrade repair, in my whole time in Ghana. I got to Lagos at 10 am yesterday. We have not had any electricity since then except for PHCN playing yoyo with switching the light on for 2 minutes and then off again damaging equipments  !!!

Shameless bigots like you support GEJ blindly and shore up lies and deception because he is from your region. May God forgive idiots like you. The man , to win an election, blatantly promised that the Government will hands off power generation and distribution by June 2011 because he knew this is what all Nigerians want to hear. He has now done a total U-turn to return us to the discredited models that sees big contracts being issued with no commensurate result and sickening bigots like you are here making noise. Either join the clamour to force the FG to fully privatise the sector or bleep off !!! I had a crappy sleep last night thanks to you know what and generators are making so much noise all over my area as I type right now so I have no time for the bigoted shite you write to support your clueless "brother" who is clearly not up to the task !!!!  !!!! Angry Angry Angry f.ack off !!!!!

You see ya self? This is what happens to frustrated haters eventually, they start to lose their minds. By now you must have realized that what I said is true. Even in your Bode Thomas area, the light was restored today, so why the rant?

The moral of the story folks is this, don't be a hater, you will eventually go mad.

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Kobojunkie: 8:33pm On Oct 07, 2011
dayokanu:

You smoke?

Nope!!  Just that when it comes to Nigerians, critical-minded/logical thinkers(free of sycophantic spirit that is typical) are very very hard to find ---  finding one makes me feel like smoking so you can actually see me exhale!!!  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by jmaine: 8:43pm On Oct 07, 2011
Power supply has indeed improved . . . . shouting, fisting and playing the righteous just to be anti Government,  is a pristine useless attempt to portray relevancy to this thread . . . . Mark has suddenly being playing the activist this days and i wonder where his new zest is coming from . . .where it will lead him to  . . .and what he hopes to achieve by his new tactics . . .
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by flippers: 9:04pm On Oct 07, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin, i guess Mark is gunning for presidency

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos Unveils Plans To Promote Locally Made Products / Bad State Of Roads At Isu,urum And Amanuke(anambra State). / Exclusive ; Pictures Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.