Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (6807 Views)

David Mark Visits Agatu Community (Graphic Photos Inside) / David Mark Visits The Palace Of The Och'idoma - Photos / Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 07, 2011
Its so amazing seeing Moo-rons like beaf still hanging in here when they should have hidden their faggo-tted faces in shame.

The Gej they were are clamoring and vowing for with their lives has only succeeded in taking Nigeria 5 years backwards.

God will judge you all. 'cus rather than coming out to speak the truth you have only decided to let meaningless sentiments play with your minds.

by 2015 Gej will take Nigeria 20 years behind time because things would have so much deteriorated.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by muyoto: 10:25pm On Oct 07, 2011
though to be fair, I have to admit power has improved considerably in most parts in the last few months. There will, of course, be exceptions.

Mark is probably referring to his home twn of otukpo, where, as I'm aware, the power situation is still poor.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by kaboninc(m): 1:11am On Oct 08, 2011
@Gbawe.
You see how some clowns can be on a good day? When he walks on the street and a mad man or a drunkard whispers or churn out something that so and so thing happened and instead of thinking of it he foolishly accepts it and infect others. I wonder whether that nonsense blog is an authority. I also wonder if GEJ ever made such promise of handing off government's hand from the power sector under the leadership of Barth Nnaji by June 2011. That blog post is absolute rubbish. There was never a promise as such especially during the campaign. And you claim to know too much of west Africa when in fact you only visit their state capital. Go to other areas. And see how retarded they are.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by kaboninc(m): 1:20am On Oct 08, 2011
Sometimes I wonder what we want as a people. I've always thought of it. We say we need a strong leader, a good leader, a purpose driven leader, a fearless leader, a this leader and a that leader. But when one assumes that role we're too quick to cast stupid and unfair judgement on him. Because we're a special breed of impatient beings. I just tire. What are the factors or criteria for qualities of a leader as mentioned above? And if you know them can you say its high time this president packs up? I just tire for this country people. Especially those wey no even leave for we country dey contribute nonsense because them read one stupid blog post or the other.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 2:12am On Oct 08, 2011
talknafree:

Its so amazing seeing Moo-rons like beaf still hanging in here when they should have hidden their faggo-tted faces in shame.

The Gej they were are clamoring and vowing for with their lives has only succeeded in taking Nigeria 5 years backwards.

God will judge you all. 'cus rather than coming out to speak the truth you have only decided to let meaningless sentiments play with your minds.

by 2015 Gej will take Nigeria 20 years behind time because things would have so much deteriorated.

I guess there's a solid reason why your use name is talknafree. embarassed
As they say, na you get you maut, if you like leave for Ikorodu Road, molue go jam am pass! grin grin grin grin

Gripe all you like, lie all you like, call black white and white black. . . How will that change a thing? The ordinary Nigerian is happilly reporting much improved electricity supply, but we have incurable liars like yourself and Gbawe trying to claim that the situation is fake. Who are you actually fooling? Dude, it is just yourselves. Every passing day, the likes of yourself and Gbawe, expose yourselves for the people hating, Nigeria hating hypocrites, liars, hyena's, vultures and vampires that you are.

You fellows can continue living in your strange cuckoo land where your everyday realities are so defined by various hatreds and bigotries that when you open your mouths its like a madmans jambory. Lol
I expect aliens like yourself and Gbawe to pack back to Ghana and leave our 9ja for us. We are slowly but surely making the super-human efforts needed to rearrange and refocus the tectonic plates that had hitherto been grinding a an epic path to a destiny of doom. We don't need you dishonest lazy louts that scream like hysterical six year old girls and go into mourning each time the country takes another progressive step.

Dude, it isn't clever to keep spouting foolishness in the face of stark evidence. Electricity supply keeps improving with each passing week, because for the first time, we have a civilised govt that cares; not your "strong", "goliath", "military general" type that ra'ped your women and frog-jumped you in the presence of your kids before stealing the milk from your babies.

Cry all you like, creature of the night. Nigerians are in the new and welcome era of [size=14pt]Fresh Air![/size] cool
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by lanrefront1(m): 7:03am On Oct 08, 2011
kaboninc:

Sometimes I wonder what we want as a people. I've always thought of it. We say we need a strong leader, a good leader, a purpose driven leader, a fearless leader, a this leader and a that leader. But when one assumes that role we're too quick to cast silly and unfair judgement on him. Because we're a special breed of impatient beings. I just tire. What are the factors or criteria for qualities of a leader as mentioned above? And if you know them can you say its high time this president packs up?

Men, what brand of weed are your smoking because your hallucinations are one of a kind. "STRONG, FEARLESS, etc. Are sure you are talking about Jonathan? Or maybe you meant to say Buhari? Because if you were describing Buhari with there qualities, I agree. But Jonathan ,

You really have to be smoking something to think those attributes describes Jonathan.

If Nairaland can really be taken as a microcosm to analyse Nigeria, then we truly deserve the kind of leadership we've been getting. I weep for Nigeria. Buhari wept like a baby for Nigeria and people on this very forum were abusing him. O ma se o.

And to the man BEAF, you are a total disgrace. Your evil will catch up with you. Whatever money you are collecting will a turn to a fountain of bitterness and disgrace for you.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by MrWhy1(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2011
@Kaboninc
Sometimes I wonder what we want as a people. I've always thought of it. We say we need a strong leader, a good leader, a purpose driven leader, a fearless leader, a this leader and a that leader. But when one assumes that role we're too quick to cast silly and unfair judgement on him. Because we're a special breed of impatient beings. I just tire. What are the factors or criteria for qualities of a leader as mentioned above? And if you know them can you say its high time this president packs up? I just tire for this country people. Especially those wey no even leave for we country dey contribute nonsense because them read one silly blog post or the other.

This is a public forum where everyone is entitled to their views and opinions. If you think that the facts presented by a poster is baseless, all you need to do is present your own facts to counter it. Your approach to this looks like you are letting emotions take over your reasoning.

Anyone who comes out to be a leader should have it at the back of his/her mind that his every move will be scrutinized. It is one of the sacrifices that comes with the job. There is an adage that says "if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". To add to that, "If you can stand the heat, then confidently reassure the populace that you can as their leader that you are.

The former Japanese Prime Minister couldn't confidently reassure his people and the rest is history despite the fact that Japan is one of the most developed countries in the world.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbenge77(m): 12:11pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mark is a discredited polician.Not somebody to be taken seriously.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 12:42pm On Oct 08, 2011
kaboninc:

@Gbawe.
You see how some clowns can be on a good day? When he walks on the street and a mad man or a drunkard whispers or churn out something that so and so thing happened and instead of thinking of it he foolishly accepts it and infect others. I wonder whether that nonsense blog is an authority. I also wonder if GEJ ever made such promise of handing off government's hand from the power sector under the leadership of Barth Nnaji by June 2011. That blog post is absolute rubbish. There was never a promise as such especially during the campaign. And you claim to know too much of west Africa when in fact you only visit their state capital. Go to other areas. And see how slow they are.

You must not know who you are talking to. You are the clown.  Even your bosses(Beaf et al) are rubbished regularly and easily by my fact-based submissions so I don't know where you get off with your half-baked rants. Look below. Is businessday a good enough source for you or you want to carry on coming up with more silly excuses that highlight your lack of knowledge?

The blog submission was just the quickest I could pull but the facts are all over the net if you are not only too intellectually lazy and dishonest to look.

While at it , you might want to read the NL thread highlighted below. On it, a GEJ fan previously living abroad(Paddy Lo) , far smarter than you and many others, was 'creaming' over the power sector Privatisation plans of GEJ. Today, Paddy Lo , now living in Nigeria, highly regrets his support for GEJ.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-473678.0.html

http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12395:private-sector-takes-full-control-of-electricity-june-2011-&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=18

Private sector takes full control of electricity June 2011
MONDAY, 05 JULY 2010 01:24    PHILLIP ISAKPA   

•11 distribution companies, 7 others to be sold • FG to provide N200 billion for labour related liabilities

In what will be seen by local and international investors as a radical shake up of its energy policy, Nigeria is now working at delivering a full-fledged private sector led power industry by June 2011, BusinessDay has authoritatively learnt.

The policy shift appears to be a key deliverable that the present administration in Abuja, which has barely a year to run, would want to hand over to Nigerians before it comes to an end after elections scheduled for between later this year and early next year.

"Expect the full privatisation of the 11 distribution companies, one transmission company and the six generation companies. In other words, by June next year, we expect to be handing over these companies and consequently the power sector to private investors," said one senior government source close to the engine room of the policy formulation now taking place.

A draft work plan is said to have been prepared with June, next year, as its destination. A public unfolding of the plan is not likely to happen, as serious work is being done internally to perfect all areas so as to avoid loopholes, BusinessDay also learnt.

Involved in working out a comprehensive framework that will free the sector from decades of government stranglehold and deterioration, are the powerful power task force set up by President Goodluck Jonathan, led by Massachusetts Institute of Science and Technology robotics professor, Barth Nnaji, and the Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE).

The Barth Nnaji-led Power Task Force, only a few weeks old, is working on the technical details to ensure the tidying up of the intricacies that have helped keep Africa's second biggest economy in darkness, and unable to supply 40 watts of electricity for a full day to its citizens for decades.

BPE, which has been involved for years in selling state-owned, non performing companies, will have the responsibility to pass control of the power industry from the Federal Government by selling off all the viable assets to private investors across the world.

BusinessDay can also reveal that the plan to make the industry attractive to investors involves ensuring that only assets, not liabilities, in the power industry are put up for sale. Sources at the Presidency and the BPE told BusinessDay that the Nigerian Electricity Liability Management Company (NELMCO) will take up all the liabilities of the existing power companies functioning in the mode of the Asset Management Company of Nigeria (AMCON) set up by the Central Bank of Nigeria to address toxic assets and other challenges in the banking sector.

The liabilities to be taken over by NELMCO include stranded debts (unfunded debts) that are made up of bank loans, taxes, debt to contractors, power purchase agreements with AES, Shell (for Afam VI), and Agip (for Okpai). But it will also handle other legacy issues, thus freeing up the sector for the emergence of a private sector controlled power industry.

"An order will first be made by Vice President Namadi Sambo, for the transfer of all the liabilities to NELMCO, and then this process will commence. This has not happened yet," said a high ranking BPE official.

But the Jonathan administration is underscoring its commitment to the process by removing all labour related liabilities from the balance sheet of the companies, to make them even more attractive to investors. Indeed, BusinessDay learnt that the Federal Government has already set aside N200 billion to tackle all issues concerning labour, and that negotiations with organised labour will be held to pave the way for smooth privatisation.

The full privatisation of the sector will also be based on working out a new Multi Year Tariff Order (MYTO), said the Presidency source, suggesting that the current MYTO would be reviewed. "The current MYTO is not reflective of cost of production. The new MYTO will reflect this to attract investors," he said. Before the new one comes into force, however, government plans to have a stakeholder review to carry along everybody in the process.

In London on Monday, Barth Nnaji spoke of the hard work being done, promising better regulation for power investors and faster reforms to encourage new investments.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by jmaine: 1:01pm On Oct 08, 2011
I Repeat . . . The power supply has improved spanning over a month now, and we just hope it improves rather than regress . . . .what Mark or anyone has to say to downplay this development, is just trying to gain cheap publicity by acting cynical . . . .
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Beaf: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2011
lanre_front:

Men, what brand of weed are your smoking because your hallucinations are one of a kind. "STRONG, FEARLESS, etc. Are sure you are talking about Jonathan? Or maybe you meant to say Buhari? Because if you were describing Buhari with there qualities, I agree. But Jonathan ,

You really have to be smoking something to think those attributes describes Jonathan.

If Nairaland can really be taken as a microcosm to analyse Nigeria, then we truly deserve the kind of leadership we've been getting. I weep for Nigeria. Buhari wept like a baby for Nigeria and people on this very forum were abusing him. O ma se o.

And to the man BEAF, you are a total disgrace. Your evil will catch up with you. Whatever money you are collecting will a turn to a fountain of bitterness and disgrace for you.

Strong and fearless, yet weeps like a baby? Some of you talk through your arseholes.
Get used to it Buhari lost, he will lose his court case and continue losing. Stop being a bitter loser and allow objectivity into your mind.

Electricty supply has strongly improved and continues to improve under GEJ, those who claim different from what everybody observes just seem like liars. Especially those like Gbawe who returned from a 12 day trip in Ghana only to notice that something "new" had started happening in Nigeria; power cuts had suddenly begun damaging equipment. Presumably, this was something new that Jonathan started.

Buncha losers, whiners and badluck wishers.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by OmoLisabi(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2011
GEJ will say another thing entirely. We all Know him.
Mark, i have removed one of the Bullets i will pump on your Head the day i meet you.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by DaLover(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2011
abeg, the problems are too much ooo, gej is trying, appearantly people prefer someone who goes around shouting and making noises like ribadu,

gej is working, may not be getting it 100% but he is working hard to ensure that power improves,

I have been to the power committee website to see their plans, they seem in the right direction, even gbawe submission on the june 2011 promice shows they are working a plan, a plan that includes privitisation and efforts to create conducive environments for potential investors, plans dont always follow the allotted timelines.

So if the hatred of GEJ by people like Gbawe and kobojunkie will allow some objectivity they may be able to criticise gejs plans instead of his personnality.
Then u may want to say any of the following,
*the plan is faulty
*they are not sticking to the plan
*Not enuf creativity in getting investors. etc

demanding that almost 40 years worth of damages should be resolved in 2 years is childish to say the list.

Too often we relate strong leadership with vigorous actions and loud mouthness, like ribadu but after all the dust is cleared nothing really is achieved.
for instance GEJ has shown strong leadership in handling the perennial fuel queues, as a first step, and now pushing for deregulation of the downstream sectors via removal of subsidies to allow private investors.

if you say he is weak due to the sensitivity in handling the boko haram situation, would you say Obj is weak because ND militants brought him to his knees or fashola is weak becos Of the albatross tinubu, he has left hanging round his neck?

dont hate the player guys, hate the game
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by Gbawe: 1:35pm On May 17, 2012
Fast forward May 2012 and David Mark is proven right that talk of power improvement is indeed a ruse. I don't know when it will sink into the heads of Nigerians that it is pointless celebrating periods when gas supply is optimal and when water levels are high as "achievements".

Real achievement , for a Nation with capacitiy of 4000 MW when it needs upwards of 20,000 MW, would be an aggressive plan to privatise the sector and drastically improve generation, distribution and transmission.

What we have is a President, only into "spin and spell", trying to claim traditional highs (optimal water level, optimal gas supply etc) as his achievement when, in reality, he has done nothing and has actually broken many promises made regarding the power sector.

In fact the excuses of "cabals" and "sabotage" is now floating about these days. Anyway let the fans of GEJ continue to sabotage Nigeria. failing to call a spade a spade, because of blind support of mediocrity, is terrible - especially when it is the progress of a Nation at stake.

What some forget, in their blind worship of GEJ, is that every Nigerian Government , since our current democratic journey began in 1999, has made promises it could not keep in the power sector mainly because we have been led by those who should not have become President because they are highly compromised and others exist who are far better than them.

We criticised OBJ, Yar Adua and GEJ. Evidence is here on NL. Yet they will develop selective amnesia to begin saying we hate GEJ when it is clear it is the incompetence, cluelessness and mediocrity , letting the nation down, that we loathe. As if OBJ and Yar Adua were never criticised by the same Nairalander now criticising GEJ. Anyway, let us carry on suffering, smiling and making excuses for mediocrity.

http://www.electricityforum.com/news/jan10/Nigeriansstillwaitingonelectricitypromise.html

Nigerians still waiting on 6,000 MW promise

AKWA IBOM, NIGERIA Nigerian Minister of Power, Dr. Lanre Babalola, still believes fervently that his ministry has not failed Nigerians on the promise to deliver 6,000 MW of electricity [size=14pt]at the end of 2009.[/size]

Babalola had told journalists during facility visit of Ibo Power plant, in Akwa Ibom State last year that the country "has achieved 5,600 MW capacity in terms of machines and equipment on ground," maintaining however that the electricity generation capacity of Nigeria is about 3,600 MW.

But Vice President Goodluck Jonathan spilled the beans during a New Year message when he admitted the government's "less than expected performance in the area of improved electricity."

Assuring Nigerians that efforts would be redoubled towards solving the problems of power in 2010 Jonathan said: "While I am happy today to report that we have achieved some substantial measure of success, I regret to mention that for a number of unforeseen and unavoidable reasons, this target could not be met. Millions of Nigerians are therefore still without power. For this, I render on behalf of government very sincere regrets."

Some heads may however roll over the Federal Government's failure to meet its last December target of 6,000 MW of electricity generation. Expectedly, palpable fear now rules in the power sector.

According to sector officials, power supply is currently fluctuating between 3,600 and 3,700 MW, a far cry from the 6,000 MW target set by President Umaru Yar'Adua for the end of last year.

The Daily Independent had, last year, stated in an analysis that it would take a miracle for the target to be met considering the prevailing problems among which was gas supply.

The paper reported that the government, which painted the whole country with promise of 6,000 MW dipped the hope when it budgeted a huge sum of money to purchase generators for Aso Rock, the seat of power.

The Yar'Adua-led executive had in the proposed 2010 Budget allocated N30 million for the maintenance of generators, N52 million for fueling of the generators and N100 million for the Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) units that would support 24-hour operation of the generators in the Aso Rock Villa.
Re: Power Improvement Talk Is A Ruse - David Mark by blacksta(m): 2:49pm On May 17, 2012
Without no doubt and uttermost sincerity - Gej handling of affairs is woeful but the truth is i never expected anything much from a man who did not achieve much as vice/governor of a very rich Nigerian state. The leadership selection system is so skewed that men who would generally not qualify as local chairmen or councillors some how end up in the most important position of the nation. Lets hope 2015 comes quickly and we should genuinely look forward to real fresh air cause it can never be found in any PDP candidate.

Seriously how hard is to fix the pathetic electricity situation in Nigeria?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am Not A Gunrunner – Minister Of Interior Abba Moro / See The New Look Of A Federal Road Governor Ugwuanyi Of Enugu Is Constructing(pi / See What Okonjo-iweala Was Spotted Doing After Her Posters & Atiku Surfaced Onli

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.