Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,138 members, 7,860,088 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? (25648 Views)

How Much Are You Buying A Litre Of Petrol In Your Area? / FG Removes Electricity Subsidy Quietly, Petrol In Phases / NNPC To Nigerians: Avoid Panic Buying, We Have 1.7bn Litres Of Petrol In Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by PlayMaker14: 3:48pm On Jul 18, 2023
BobbieZion:

That is the greatest hypocrisy my bro..
If we start to talk now, you will see Seun and his moderators hiding our comments and giving us lengthy ban.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by discusant: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

I doubt that Obi doing things differently would have led to a different result.

Tinubu supporters would have been having a field day calling him an oppressor.

Same result if it was Atiku in power.

The problem with subsidy is that there is no easy way of removing it. Even back in 2012, when we had enough savings from subsidy removal to set up something like SURE-P ...(I was not a GEJ fan, but he and his geng were the ones who convinced me of the evil of subsidy, and the SURE-P thing was the final thing that woke me up....so we had all that money from just a partial removal? Okay.)..people were still complaining.

At the end, fuel costs more, and Nigerians would complain. Even if Obi did partial removal..fuel costs more, and Nigerians will complain. Problem is, we have been on the cheap fuel train for decades, and getting off is not that easy.

GEJ should have just told Nigerians to sit down, and then remove the thing. Yeah, hardship, but by now we would have had several domestic refineries producing fuel, and reduced import costs.

One of them Tinubu/APC person.

A president Peter Obi would not have inflicted the present pains upon Nigerians through his method to treat fuel subsidy palaver.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by odenkirk: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
SurveyR:
It's well...

Join my telegram group let's make money from Surveys.
are u sure u have a working and paying survey site?
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by APC2: 3:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
Ayobeck:
690 here in ilesha coca cola...it seem we ve to fight n curse dis government..dey r all betrayal.
You don't have to curse anybody. Just do Yoruba ronu and the price will come down

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Poske95(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2023
SemperFid:

Peter obi will not sell fuel.at 600 but approve 70bn to renovate NASS, release 35bn to legislators as palliative and discharge 40 bn to buy cars for lawmakers all withing 49 days.

Stop being very stupid. It is not helping u.

After making the sensible notion ... please end with courtesy.......
They love the condescension.....
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by komzy589(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
Mccullum:
All presidential candidate supported subsidy removal, Nigerians would have face same thing undr Obi or Atiku.. cheesy
You don’t need to be a smart person to remove subsidy. All it takes is the authority and say the words.
Where the difficulty and experience lies is how to do it and make sure the effect doesn’t ravage the people. That’s where the competency lies.
Every President before Tinubu wanted to remove it but didn’t, not because they didn’t have the power, but they know that certain measures has to be in place first. That’s the difficulty.
Nobody said this job was going to be easy. That’s why we wanted someone with the skill set and COMPASSION.
BECAUSE IT IS ONLY A MAN WITHOUT COMPASSION THAT WILL DO THE RIGHT THING AT THE WRONG TIME.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
discusant:

One of them. A president Peter Obi would not have inflicted the present pains upon Nigeria through his method to treat fuel subsidy palaver.

The best Obi can do is to either pay a palliative (like tinubu is doing, and which he, Tinubu is funding with loans, which only worsens our debt long term) or do partial removal (which we have done for 40-50 years, and it always ends with us still increasing prices as subsidy costs keep rising).

Either way, we end up spending more and more of our money from revenue on subsidy, creating a deficit that is filled up with...loans, and more loans.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Arabk25: 3:51pm On Jul 18, 2023
Well for over 3 years now I don't know how much is a litre of fuel cus am a solar engr and I use solar
So details on how to run away from fuel just 2 battery system get can light up your house and socket and at least your Ac or your fridge you can my number below
Zero
Eight
One
Six
Nine
One
Four
Two
Eight
Eight
Seven
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by discusant: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
APC2:

You don't have to curse anybody. Just do Yoruba ronu and the price will come down

LMAORTF.
It's our Tinubu turn to be president because he formed APC.
NEXT TIME IT'S THE TURN OF THE SOUTH TO PRESENT A PRESIDENT FOR NIGERIA, IT WILL BE A YORUBA STILL.
OTHERS IN THE SOUTH CAN GO TO HELL. IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT OBASANJO WAS PRESIDENT BETWEEN 1999-2007.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by spencekat(m): 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
bong4:

Some people have vowed to remain[b][/b] Lovers of Chains. [b][/b]. When they are pushed to the wall, they break the wall. Their endurance of wickedness by the government is default.
I remember a book written by Prof.D.K Olukoya captioned "slaves who love their chains"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Traplord09: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
discusant:

How could the ethno-religious bigots read through Peter Obi's manifesto on how to remove fuel subsidy? All they are after is what will make Nigeria become an Islamic state ruled by sharia criminal laws, after all, proceeds from crude oil is there to sustain government in Nigeria.

😂😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by BobbieZion(m): 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Aye comrade, but I am sitting this out.

The truth is, if we keep the subsidy, we would soon end up where Sri Lanka is....broke, decrepit, no money to even pay for anything.

For me it's a choice between the devil with ten thousand tortures and the devil with a billion tortures.

If Obi was in Tinubu's place and was removing subsidy, or even Atiku, I would keep quiet. AND BACK THEM. Forget politics, this goes way beyond politics.

So why where Tinubu and Buhari with all their senseless supporters on the streets when GEJ removed subsidy?
Bloody hypocrisy!!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by IslamIsIdiotic: 3:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
When was Peter Obi ever in a position to approve 70 billion for NASS renovation?

SemperFid:

Peter obi will not sell fuel.at 600 but approve 70bn to renovate NASS, release 35bn to legislators as palliative and discharge 40 bn to buy cars for lawmakers all withing 49 days.

Stop being very stupid. It is not helping u.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by NaijaCrusader: 3:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
Common sense says if you make a mistake correct it. Don't build on a faulty foundation. Many of were fooled into thinking that subsidy removal is the best way forward for the economy but we are two months into it now and we have found out that it is disaster. The sensible thing to do now is to retract and subsidize the petrol to 200 or at most 300 naira and then do a comprehensive planning on the way forward for the economy. The way things are going now it is simply disaster

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
BobbieZion:

So why where Tinubu and Buhari with all their senseless supporters on the streets when GEJ removed subsidy?
Bloody hypocrisy!!!!!

Ask them. Back in 2012, I had my eyes opened to how bad subsidy was through listening to government representatives then, and even paying attention to government propaganda messages on the matter. The final straw was realising how much money we made from removing fuel subsidy partially by raising fuel from N65 to N97...plus how much subsidy costs had been reduced by the same measure.

I honestly did not get why Nigerians were protesting then, but then again, they did not get why subsidy was bad.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by ttobizz(m): 3:56pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Judiciary will not steal mandate from No. 1 and give it to No 3 . Only fraudsters do that like those who fraudulently produced this rigged agulu results.
Check my signature for free stuffs!

As it stands there's no1, 2 or 3. Let's wait until the outcome of the case
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by FreeStuffsNG: 3:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
ttobizz:

As it stands there's no1, 2 or 3. Let's wait until the outcome of the case

There's only No. 1 sir. In life, the top is not crowded wink
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by habeeboladimeji(m): 3:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
600/litre sagam ogun state as at this afternoon but with a potential increase any time

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by discusant: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
NaijaCrusader:
Common sense says if you make a mistake correct it. Don't build on a faulty foundation. Many of were fooled into thinking that subsidy removal is the best way forward for the economy but we are two months into it now and we have found out that it is disaster. The sensible thing to do now is to retract and subsidize the petrol to 200 or at most 300 naira and then do a comprehensive planning on the way forward for the economy. The way things are going now it is simply disaster
Disaster already. But Tinubu is warning that if we don't ignore the fact that he did not score 25% of votes in Abuja and make him remain president of Nigeria, ANARCHY shall be in Nigeria; as if he didn't know that worse anarchy than he plans would have engulfed Nigeria if Peter Obi did not tell Obidients to avoid going out for protest after the stealing of the last presidential election for Tinubu, and Atiku bared his supporters from protests.
Tinubu couldn't recognise the level of anarchy that shall engulf Nigeria if the Supreme court ratifies his stolen mandate.

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by kingyakos: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
I just bought fuel this afternoon @ #700/litre in Calabar. What a renewed Shege

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Frankie6835: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
I just bought pms #67 @ It will favour me and my family station
Dm for the station location grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Judiciary will not steal mandate from No. 1 and give it to No 3 . Only fraudsters do that like those who fraudulently produced this rigged agulu results.
Are you buying fuel for 90 naira per litre based on the fact that you're an agbado muncher

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by BobbieZion(m): 4:03pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Ask them. Back in 2012, I had my eyes opened to how bad subsidy was through listening to government representatives then, and even paying attention to government propaganda messages on the matter. The final straw was realising how much money we made from removing fuel subsidy partially by raising fuel from N65 to N97...plus how much subsidy costs had been reduced by the same measure.

I honestly did not get why Nigerians were protesting then, but then again, they did not get why subsidy was bad.

Imagine we had left it from then, that will be over 10 years and we would have been used to it now ...
But beacuse of politics of bitterness did not leave people to see clearly.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Galaxyss(m): 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Another increase in the cost of transportation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by Eriokanmi: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

I doubt that Obi doing things differently would have led to a different result.

Tinubu supporters would have been having a field day calling him an oppressor.

Same result if it was Atiku in power.

The problem with subsidy is that there is no easy way of removing it. Even back in 2012, when we had enough savings from subsidy removal to set up something like SURE-P ...(I was not a GEJ fan, but he and his geng were the ones who convinced me of the evil of subsidy, and the SURE-P thing was the final thing that woke me up....so we had all that money from just a partial removal? Okay.)..people were still complaining.

At the end, fuel costs more, and Nigerians would complain. Even if Obi did partial removal..fuel costs more, and Nigerians will complain. Problem is, we have been on the cheap fuel train for decades, and getting off is not that easy.

GEJ should have just told Nigerians to sit down, and then remove the thing. Yeah, hardship, but by now we would have had several domestic refineries producing fuel, and reduced import costs.
I didn't just vote Peter Obi. He's not even my tribesman. I read all the leading candidates' manifestos and his got me, especially on the subsidy thing and the economy, which affect you and I. I'd post his manifesto here at my leisure for you to see, I'm a little busy now. It never favoured the rich. I'm glad you talked about the Sure-P. Gej's partial removal was ideological, the Angola's way too. Do you know when the palliatives are coming? Even if buses were manufactured today, will it be freighted by air? We're talking of the next 6 months or even a year from now. Would Nigeria ever remain the same again? The answer is NO.

You can't blame marketers for increasing the pump price. They're not father Xmas. Today I wanted buying dollar and my bdc agent was saying its 830. We all go to same market. The utter removal was a big mistake just as removing it without putting a measure in place. He should have copied Jonathan, the way he did his sure-p programme back then. Most of those palliatives had arrived in the country before he started the sure-p programme. The records are there. If a clueless man could act that way, why not Tinubu, the self-acclaimed developer and experienced politician? They said Jonathan did what he did cos crude Export was high and price was good back then. Are you aware that crude price has since improved,likewise our crude export but nobody is saying anything from their camp?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by APC2: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
discusant:

LMAORTF.
It's our Tinubu turn to be president because he formed APC.
NEXT TIME IT'S THE TURN OF THE SOUTH TO PRESENT A PRESIDENT FOR NIGERIA, IT WILL BE A YORUBA STILL.
OTHERS IN THE SOUTH CAN GO TO HELL. IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT OBASANJO WAS PRESIDENT BETWEEN 1999-2007.
I'm from the north. Whatever happens in the South is your concern. I support Atiku and the North is still solidly behind him. He had more votes in the north more than Tinubu. Go with your stupeed jingoism
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by CIAOps: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
I bought at 520 this morning but it is currently 591 to 671 this afternoon in Port Harcourt...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by nairalanda1(m): 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
BobbieZion:

Imagine we had left it from then, that will be over 10 years and we would have been used to it now ...
But beacuse of politics of bitterness did not leave people to see clearly.

Aye. I did not support GEJ, but once my eyes were opened, one could see that subsidy was a bad thing.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by APC2: 4:07pm On Jul 18, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I didn't just vote Peter Obi. He's not even my tribesmen. I read all the leading candidates' manifestos and his got me, especially on the subsidy thing and the economy, which affect you and I. I'd post his manifesto here at my leisure for you to see, I'm a little busy now. It never favoured the rich. I'm glad you talked about the Sure-P. Gej's partial removal was ideological, the Angola's way too. Do you know when the palliatives are coming? Even if buses are manufactured today, will it be freighted by air. We're talking of the next 6 months or even a year from now. Would Nigeria ever remain the same again? The answer is NO.

You can't blame marketers for increasing the pump price. They're not father Xmas. Today I wanted buying dollar and my bdc agent was saying its 830. We all go to same market. The utter removal was a big mistake just as removing it without putting a measure in place. He should have copied Jonathan, the way he did his sure-p programme back then. Most of those palliatives had arrived in the country before he started the sure-p programme. The records are there. If a clueless man could act that way, why not Tinubu, the self-acclaimed developer and experienced politician? They said Jonathan did what he did cos crude Export was high and price was good back then. Are you aware that crude price has since improved,likewise our crude export but nobody is saying anything from their camp?
Please don't waste your time explaining to them. They have no sense.
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by ttobizz(m): 4:09pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
There's only No. 1 sir. In life, the top is not crowded wink

Dont be pathetic my friend. Let the tribunal decide who is. Period!
Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by PrettyIfy7: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:

But the same judiciary stole mandate from no. 1 and gave it to no. 4 in Imo state under ur useless APC.
Fool!$h mvmv!

1 Like

Re: How Much Is The Cost Of Petrol In Your Area? by PlayMaker14: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Aye. I did not support GEJ, but once my eyes were opened, one could see that subsidy was a bad thing.

You always use this bullshit "I did not support this and that" to cover your partisanship....

A very silly and cowardly trait. 🙂

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Presidency Replies Moghalu On Buhari Not Invited To G-7 Summit / Hope Ikiriko Involved In Motor Accident In Rivers. Photos / When Will President Buhari Be Considered Incapacitated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.