Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships (32011 Views)

Many Young Girl Mentality. / Many Young Guys Were Disvirgined By Prostitutes In Nigeria / Why Are So Many Young Ladies Running Mad Lately? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Rapmoney(m): 12:12pm On Jul 22, 2023
Don't be fooled by social media. Many young people in Nigeria are not in relationships. This includes both male and female genders. It is even worse for people who are above 30 due to so many financial expectations, commitments, bills over bills, poor economy, terrible hard-hitting economic policies by the government, high level of unemployment and inflation. Young people are becoming more withdrawn. There is a fast decline in our social life; I mean how we interact with one another face to face. It will amaze you to know the number of young people who see their electronic gadgets as their partners.

It is pertinent to note that the above mentioned problems have caused a chain reaction in the society where young women now prefer hookup to dating...sex business aka 'If you give me cash, I'll give you the Bermuda Triangle'. You cannot separate poverty/economic hardship from a socially and culturally warped society.

Which way Nigerian youths?

258 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by talented321: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2023
Na Bleep and pass they reign' abi they never tell u

138 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by beyep: 1:06pm On Jul 22, 2023
U say i love u i want u in my life.
Wrong words, dem start to hungry, money for hair no data no food no money for transport, feeding n taking care of a grown up woman.

343 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by BigBlackPreek(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
Wey ashawo house plenty for everywhere like this..

With 5h-1k I don fvck ashawo tire, mainly 45-60πŸ˜‹

87 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Sonnobax15(m): 1:37pm On Jul 22, 2023
lipsrsealed
Let's leave relationship for people wey get the hearts and stomach big enough to contain any kind amount of breakfast they would be served.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by IyanuDeb(f): 1:40pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Let's leave relationship for people wey get the hearts and stomach big enough to contain any kind amount of breakfast they would be served.
but you are currently seeing someone

7 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Sonnobax15(m): 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
but you are currently seeing someone
. Who told you so? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by IyanuDeb(f): 1:44pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
. Who told you so? undecided
i just know, everyone is single when they are talking to people that don't know them

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Sonnobax15(m): 1:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
i just know, everyone is single when they are talking to people that don't know them
. Well, I'm not single if that's what you want to hear undecided

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Savedday2: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2023
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

150 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by MrPOTUS: 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2023
What I realized is, men are getting smarter.

The economy is biting and no one wants a liability as a girlfriend with all their dramas.

206 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by IyanuDeb(f): 4:57pm On Jul 22, 2023
Sonnobax15:
. Well, I'm not single if that's what you want to hear undecided
now you are talking

11 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Sonnobax15(m): 5:03pm On Jul 22, 2023
IyanuDeb:
now you are talking
Who are you please? undecided

12 Likes

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Almiron: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
In this, β€œit will favor me and my family economy”

56 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by oluseyiforjesus(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
Country hard
N most daughters of Eve are into relationship because of d financial benefits..........
N most sons Adam are broke........

93 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by atheistandproud(m): 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2023
I'm on time πŸ˜ŒπŸ™πŸΎ

Omo once you tell a Nigerian girl that you like her, you don automatically employ her be that.

Get ready to pay her staff salary in return for nothing.

172 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by RapistOnBail: 5:45pm On Jul 22, 2023

Hungry man no suppose love

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by vendredi77: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
i single die.... i no want stress
ups and down plenty no time for love

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by jeff1993: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
May Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships favor me and my family

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by ecolime(m): 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
It's Southern youths that are neither in relationships not getting married.

Despite the economic downturn, our Northern counterparts dey wed from age 15 and they birth 5 to 10 kids.

In the next 50 years, Northerners and Almajiris will overrun the entire country just the way Blacks are gradually overrunning France.

People dey JAPA, youths no gree marry, yet Nigeria's population is doubling. Think about it.

86 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Johnjanrt: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
sad
Real Men are now focussed on making it can't afford to be distracted. May God help us o.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Dikastan: 5:46pm On Jul 22, 2023
Girls even prefer hook up to relationship stuff, they want the money to quench the poverty ravaging their lives. Men don't want unnecessary and continuous billing...they prefer pay as you go. All na wash sha.

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Anabosee(m): 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
My girl tell me say I nor de treat her like queen. Even though I made her cum 3 times.

She still tell me say her ex de give her his atm card to buy anything she like.

The relationship finished

94 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by bikefab(m): 5:47pm On Jul 22, 2023
No truer words have been spoken here today. Very true.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by FreeStuffsNG: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
talented321:
Na Bleep and pass they reign' abi they never tell u
smh. Most of you are actually destroying your future.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Illegal1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
omoh........country hard ooh,abeg make every body dey he dey 4 now

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Elvis2kay: 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2023
cool
Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by franchasofficia: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
Bad economy
Unemployment
Underemployment
Fear of the future

All of the above is as a result of useless, failed President and Governors like Bola Tinubu that failed Nigeria and Nigerians since 1970

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Godfullsam(m): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
Even in developed countries where life is better, most people are no longer interested in any relationship anymore.

The points you mentioned are contributing factors though.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by lexy2014: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
Wey ashawo house plenty for everywhere like this..

With 5h-1k I don fvck ashawo tire, mainly 45-60πŸ˜‹

Why must u pay to have sex?

How much do u spend in a month?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by isabi2lof: 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2023
Na fvckrelationship dey reign grin

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Many Young Nigerians Are Not In Relationships by Utanisco(m): 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2023
I dey ashaowo house
As you de post this shit

Delete this shit post

22 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The simplicity of getting married. / At Age 23 Still Scared Of Asking A Girl Out / Soldier Proposes To His Girlfriend In A Restaurant. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.