Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,804 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still (31359 Views)

Southwest Not Biafra: Gani Adams Warns Ekpa Against Sit-At-Home Protest In Lagos / Simon Ekpa Condemns Soludo's Directive Against Sit At Home Order. / Ogidi Youths Protest Against Sit-At-Home In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Ikaeniyan0: 5:30am On Jul 25, 2023
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) Nnamdi Kanu has asked those behind enforcing sit-at-home in the Southeast region to stop the exercise.
Kanu spoke through his lead counsel, Mike Ozekhome, SAN, in a video clip.

According to Ozekhome, Kanu said he does not believe in the sit-at-home, insisting he could not be fighting for his people and at the same time shutting down their economy.

He cited the effect of the sit-at-home exercise on the social, economic, cultural and political life of the people, lamenting that it has put the Igbo under psychological, psychical and mental stricture.

”As his lead counsel and lawyer, he has told me that he does not believe in Sit-at-home; he can not be fighting for his people and shutting down their economy. How do they feed? How will they train their children? Many a time, he cried to me in my presence that he wants to be released so that he can hold a world press conference and address the Igbo and Ala Igbo and the entire world to say, ”Don’t stay at home on Mondays, go about your normal duties, go to work; because the Bible tells us it is upon the labour of your hands, I will bless the fruits of your labour.

“So, I am now re-echoing again and again what Nnamdi Kanu has told me, ”He does not believe in that sit-at-home on Mondays,” which cripples the social, economic, cultural and political life of the people, putting them under psychological, psychical and mental stricture and torture,” Kanu said through Ozekhome.

Many Imo residents however remained indoors on Monday due to fear of the unknown.

Our correspondent, who monitors the situation, reports that several institutions remain closed as few motorists were seen plying the roads.
https://thenationonlineng.net/kanu-warns-against-sit-at-home-as-south-east-stands-still/

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by MrsTwrite(f): 5:33am On Jul 25, 2023
But why is insecurity so loud in the East? Sit at home in order to avoid corona virus or what?

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Rolings: 5:36am On Jul 25, 2023
Make them no stop.....they should continue because it will pain Buhari
And it will make Tinubu Sad that igbos are being killed.
If we talk now all igbos will be saying there is killings in Benue and nobody is talking about it but everyone is concerned about killings in igboland and start insulting everybody....me I kuku stopped trying to make igbos see the foolishness of sit at home.....whats my own when the people concerned don't care

132 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 25, 2023
Unfortunately the Prime Minister has taking over the Realm of power from Supreme Leader.
Everything in this life is transient.

Anyway when President Bola settles down fully , we need to talk about this issue of Mazi Kanu ...

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Ladiesdoctor(m): 5:45am On Jul 25, 2023
Rubbish.
Eastern Region is one of the most industrious in Africa.
But Sit at home has dealt with the region massively.
For goodness sake what kind of hypnosism is that? Someone will be enjoying every bit of freedom in Finland and will be enforcing such barbaric instructions to his followers in the name of seeking for Independence?
Killing, maiming and destruction is the order of the day when ever sit at home is been declared.
After you finished killing them, who are you going to rule again?

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Ikaeniyan0: 5:50am On Jul 25, 2023
Sit at home was started by Kanu himself.

76 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by TheboyGhost(m): 5:54am On Jul 25, 2023
Fake news....

Let them release him so we can hear from the horses mouth.

Una think say Una go use propaganda and lies win us this time?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by muykem: 6:04am On Jul 25, 2023
Sit at home in 5 states of South East doesn't affect federal government in anyway since they don't have economy relevant to the country. Nigeria IGR is growing higher and more money on the table.

111 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by APCNig: 6:07am On Jul 25, 2023
FG will not interfere in Igbos family affairs

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by muykem: 6:12am On Jul 25, 2023
TheboyGhost:
Fake news....

Don't mind them. We are supporting you guys to continue sit at home probably 3 months straight. God will punish all pro Biafra outside South East who refused to close their shops every Monday.

120 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by BOSSkesh(m): 6:13am On Jul 25, 2023
Balablu Bulaba
South east should sit at home

2 Likes

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by muykem: 6:17am On Jul 25, 2023
Nnamidi kanu can't overule prime minister Simon Ekpa. While Nnamidi kanu is a ceremonial president, the power of state rest in the hands of prime minister Simon Ekpa.

94 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by masterfactor(m): 6:35am On Jul 25, 2023
Na family matter, the ummunahs will settle it

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Chekwume16(m): 6:58am On Jul 25, 2023
U be real mumu o. So you are happy with the state south east is in presently. How can some of you be so stupid to be hurting yourselves and think you are hurting other people. Igbos have now become a laughing stock in Nigeria
TheboyGhost:
Fake news....

36 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by ipobarecriminals: 7:08am On Jul 25, 2023
undecided Nonsense angry. Ekpa is our new leader in Biafra land and SIT AT HOME continue cool grin grin

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by ipobarecriminals: 7:11am On Jul 25, 2023
cool STOP spreading FAKE NEWS. Kanu should come out and address us sad

84 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by tungamaje: 7:13am On Jul 25, 2023
Based on comments here on Nairaland, the Yoruba are the most pained over Igbo people's decision to sit at home. Yoruba, why?. Na so una care for the progress of the great Igbo tribe?

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by TheboyGhost(m): 7:19am On Jul 25, 2023
Chekwume16:
U be real mumu o. So you are happy with the state south east is in presently. How can some of you be so stupid to be hurting yourselves and think you are hurting other people. Igbos have now become a laughing stock in Nigeria

Omoh no be us be laughing stock? Why don't you leave us to that in peace and focus on your region development.

Yes I am happy to sit at home and every other Biafran is happy to do same aside saboteurs and agents of Nigerian governments.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by TheboyGhost(m): 7:20am On Jul 25, 2023
muykem:
Don't mind them. We are supporting you guys to continue sit at home probably 3 months straight. God will punish all pro Biafra outside South East who refused to close their shops every Monday.

I don't reply idiots. but I presume you don't even know you are an idiot. so I decided to let you know hence my reply to you.

Do not ever mention me again.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by gidgiddy: 7:22am On Jul 25, 2023
Sit at home not likely to stop unless Kanu comes out and says it should stop

Its s very unfortunate situation but one thst nobody can do nothing about

7 Likes

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by TheboyGhost(m): 7:24am On Jul 25, 2023
Sit at home continues until kanu say's otherwise.

Nigeria can piss off. Themselves with their useless lies and propagandas.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by gidgiddy: 7:26am On Jul 25, 2023
tungamaje:
Based on comments here on Nairaland, the Yoruba are the most pained over Igbo people's decision to sit at home. Yoruba, why?. Na so una care for the progress of the great Igbo tribe?

The people who wail the most over sit home in the South East are those who are not even from the South East

5 Likes

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by kokorokoman: 7:28am On Jul 25, 2023
How can kanu direct them to end sit at home when the people themselves said it is voluntary?
Which kind confusion be dis?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by ashacot: 7:31am On Jul 25, 2023
So the same KANU who started the sit at home madness is now the same KANU who is distancing himself?

Who will ever believe that KANU is so arrogant and useless will be polite in his request

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by ashacot: 7:38am On Jul 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

The people who wail the most over sit home in the South East are those who are not even from the South East

And people who support sit at home activities are people who don't stay in south east, but are terrorists who stay outside the region.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 7:45am On Jul 25, 2023
Where is that dude called gidgiddy?
Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by clericuzzio(m): 7:49am On Jul 25, 2023
the nation newspaper can't be trusted.

1 Like

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by gidgiddy: 8:06am On Jul 25, 2023
ashacot:

And people who support sit at home activities are people who don't stay in south east, but are terrorists who stay outside the region.

Thats the story of Nigeria, country without peace
Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by ashacot: 8:11am On Jul 25, 2023
gidgiddy:

Thats the story of Nigeria, country without peace

And you are the number one trouble maker here on Nairaland for supporting terrorism in our region.

I wonder why seun never ban people like you for life on this forum

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by gidgiddy: 8:28am On Jul 25, 2023
ashacot:

And you are the number one trouble maker here on Nairaland for supporting terrorism in our region.

I wonder why seun never ban people like you for life on this forum

Nigeria is 8th most terrorised country in the world and it got that way for a reason

I live in reality, no such thing as peace where injustice reigns supreme

5 Likes

Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by mariovito(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2023
Dd
Re: Kanu Warns Against Sit-at-home As South East Stands Still by Justinlean02(m): 8:35am On Jul 25, 2023
There's confusion in the IPOB camp but that could easily be turned into a planned conspiracy, even the government seems to be playing to this tune. For the record, achieving the sit out home would have worked better if the average and poor masses where provided with food supplies to cushion the effects of the exercise. How people pay for weapon and not food tells you where the world's priorities lays

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Shehu Shagari & UK Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher In 1981 / Junaid Mohammed: Buhari's Promise To Lead Boko Haram War Is Now Haunting Him / Uju Rochas-Anwuka Appointed Board Member Of Federal College Of Education, Omoku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.