Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,825 members, 7,851,792 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:16 AM

NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio (32555 Views)

NLC Strike: This Is Not Time To Flex Muscles, Atiku Bagudu Tell El-Rufai / El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers / APC Is The One Owing You Salaries, Not Me – Ortom Tells Civil Servants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Onuoha1234(m): 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2023
Are constituencies part of NASS? Akpabio who should not be in that place is not morally entitled to speak on the squandering of our money, They will face KARMA soon when hornest men come to power.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by ogbe88(m): 6:19pm On Aug 01, 2023
Kruzxx:
Abeg increase salary of our lawmakers by 114% what is good for the goose is also good for the gander
You are a mad man.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by brightleave(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2023
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by ChristianMuslim: 6:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Madman from Akwa ibom.. Akwa ibom people are so stupid.. what is this one saying.. they should scrap that senate
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by ChristianMuslim: 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2023
Madman from Akwa ibom.. Akwa ibom people are so stupid.. what is this one saying.. they should scrap that senate madpeople
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by siremmyt(m): 6:36pm On Aug 01, 2023
Please, who swear for this country with democracy ooooooooooo. Lord deliver us from all evildoers in this country
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Opinedecandid(m): 7:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
AdamuKD:

Mumu
Another name calling.
True to type.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Henrychino(m): 7:04pm On Aug 01, 2023
But I heard Nigerian senators are one of the highest paid in the world?why is this criminal that embezzled funds when he was the minister of Niger Delta now Senate president saying?A thief that should be in prison
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:13pm On Aug 01, 2023
Celepope:

I don’t engage slowpokes who are uncouth
and lack decorum online. When your brain is matured enough to engage in decent conversation then you can mention me
You don't engage idīots you said, you just engaged me, that means I am not an idīot. I knock nairaland idióts as a past time. You are an idīot sir and you will continue to receive my knocks.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by phorget(m): 7:33pm On Aug 01, 2023
Celepope:

Let’s be realistic here. Necessary things like what? Remember these guys are lawmakers and not Executives. That’s if you understand how separation of powers work in a decent society. Please educate me on the necessary things they ought to have done.

Akpabio was once a governor before becoming a lawmaker, most people in government today would have been in one office before the current one so what exactly have they done?
Do you see people flocking around politicians in the developed countries? If no then what exactly did the politicians over there did that made their citizens not to bother them for money.

Nigeria politicians will impoverish the people then continue handing over peanuts to them all in the name of constituency projects and empowerments.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by gannod(m): 7:42pm On Aug 01, 2023
Seriously? I don't really blame the likes of Akpabio, it is those who voted them in I blame. At this juncture, I am past caring.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by countryman13: 7:50pm On Aug 01, 2023
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1449395/nlc-strike-lawmakers-salaries-enough-akpabio/

E no do bah? Na so so problem Baba Godee go give una to use dt money solve coupled with the fact that na Ogun go kill you for dt chair
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Samueluj(m): 7:52pm On Aug 01, 2023
Omo! People dey vex. 😂
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by mywells: 7:58pm On Aug 01, 2023
Criminals in government,this thing call SP is on pension as an ex governors and a minister,some of his colleagues too are on pension, so it's heights of madness for them to request for increase in salary .
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Ovitan244: 8:16pm On Aug 01, 2023
See the Country and put the money in your pocket
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by shineeye1: 8:21pm On Aug 01, 2023
ebukajay184:

https://igberetvnews.com/1449395/nlc-strike-lawmakers-salaries-enough-akpabio/

Akpabio, you need a SOUND SLAP that will sound like your name K P A B I O O O
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by maasoap(m): 8:45pm On Aug 01, 2023
Zico5:
I think revolution is brewing gradually cos what the protests all over the country is brewing will be too much for these foolish and uncouth politicians. We are talking of the sustainability of the masses, these people are talking about their pocket. Majority of them have milked the country dry already. Akpabio was a two time governor, a minister, once a senator and still he is talking of salary not enough. If the gods want to ruin someone, they first made him mad and that's what is happening to this Akpabio. He will surely walk naked very soon.

Their statements are insensitive most of the time, it shows that they're disconnected with the populace. I hope they bring an end to this democracy themselves sooner than anticipated
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by maasoap(m): 8:49pm On Aug 01, 2023
Celepope:

Let’s be realistic here. Necessary things like what? Remember these guys are lawmakers and not Executives. That’s if you understand how separation of powers work in a decent society. Please educate me on the necessary things they ought to have done.

Lawmakers that are carrying out physical projects like executives, that's if the money is not diverted. grin grin grin
Lawmakers that created a separate budget for themselves and covered it from the public eye after Sanusi exposed their monthly take home.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by maasoap(m): 8:54pm On Aug 01, 2023
Zionmdde:
Yeah their salary is not enough

These are the people idiots in Nigeria worship. All in the name of I support this party I support this party

Very soon you will see idiots that have not fed well for the past one month coming to defend them thinking they are spiting anybody

Those who are supporting this party and that party are actually better than you because they're party to those who are looking for solution. With people like you, where is hope? Where is optimism? Country won't run on autopilot and we won't import aliens to govern us. Through trial and error and our participation, we might be lucky one day and get the right person/people for the job. Swerve!
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by IfnobeGod20: 9:00pm On Aug 01, 2023
I have said and I will say it again. These set of people we have as leaders will wreck this country. The wise one note it down.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by bayelsaowei(m): 9:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
Taylor90:
When this man was a governor

He wasn’t this heartless I mean any Akwaibomites rooted and re-elected him

But since he went federal things has changed

It seems loyalty comes with selfishness and self centeredness

Like you must submit your soul and jettison humanity to work with APC
youre absolutely correct.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by bayelsaowei(m): 9:03pm On Aug 01, 2023
Zico5:
I think revolution is brewing gradually cos what the protests all over the country is brewing will be too much for these foolish and uncouth politicians. We are talking of the sustainability of the masses, these people are talking about their pocket. Majority of them have milked the country dry already. Akpabio was a two time governor, a minister, once a senator and still he is talking of salary not enough. If the gods want to ruin someone, they first made him mad and that's what is happening to this Akpabio. He will surely walk naked very soon.
grin
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Godfirst2014: 9:07pm On Aug 01, 2023
Akpabio should have followed the steps of pbat. Listen to Mr President speech yesterday shows that he is sympathetic to the downtrodden masses situation. This kind of statement is heartless and destructive. His media aides need to work on him
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Zionmdde: 9:11pm On Aug 01, 2023
maasoap:

Those who are supporting this party and that party are actually better than you because they're party to those who are looking for solution. With people like you, where is hope? Where is optimism? Country won't run on autopilot and we won't import aliens to govern us. Through trial and error and our participation, we might be lucky one day and get the right person/people for the job. Swerve!
And as long as the blind loyalty for stupid greedy wicked politicians continues, there will never be accountability. I am looking for the people that are better than me.
With people like me every politician will stand and be accountable irrespective of party affiliation and not take a bow idiots

So El rufai shouldn't be asked how he handled security in kaduna again because apc politicians are unquestionable. Now examine yourself if your brains are working at all
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by awoluyi(m): 9:28pm On Aug 01, 2023
Their salaries shall never be enough.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Metrofox(m): 10:02pm On Aug 01, 2023
Where else in the world does a country delegate the welfare of the populace to a few hundred people? What a country? What logic? cheesy
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Kruzxx: 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2023
ogbe88:
You are a mad man.

Na you be mad man wey vote APC
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by mechanics(m): 11:20pm On Aug 01, 2023
Then he should leave politics and become civil servants so he can feel the pain of workers.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by marvrick: 12:01am On Aug 02, 2023
Celepope:
To be fare to these guys, their salaries aren’t enough to take care of the demand and needs of their constituents. You need to see how people queue up in front of their gates whenever they go back to their constituency with various forms of monetary demands. Mind you the more hardship the members of their constituency face, the more demand they will be exposed to. These guys make more money based on the committees they head or belong to. Anyways that doesn’t mean their salaries should be increased though because that will be immoral.

You don't sound alright. Please keep quiet.
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Bluezy13(m): 6:30am On Aug 02, 2023
nkemoma:
I never knew Akwaibom pple to be so foolish and senseless like this Akpabio..

Thank God tht humans are to be judged as individuals not stereotyped..

One man has become Akwa Ibom people.
See how myopic you are
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by Ensquare(m): 6:37am On Aug 02, 2023
You guys should leave Akpabio alone. You guys misinterpreted his words
Re: NLC Strike: Lawmakers’ Salaries Not Enough – Akpabio by nkemoma(m): 7:15am On Aug 02, 2023
Bluezy13:

One man has become Akwa Ibom people.
See how myopic you are

You are an idiot... Read that comment again .

Corn filled brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abia Tribunal: Uproar As Minister Of Justice-Designate Fagbemi Shows Up In Court / PDP Attacks APC In New Campaign Advert (Photo) / Dasukigate: Femi Adesina Collected N50m – Obaigbena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.