Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,978 members, 7,835,274 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally (13048 Views)

You Need To See These Photos If You Think Your Kids Frustrate You More / Poverty In The Country Will Disappear From A One-child Policy. / Must read: Unintentionally, My Mother Is Killing Us, Pls Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by mamaafrik(m): 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2023
This story remind me of when I was growing up I think I was in SS3 1 then and my daddy was given a brand new Sony TV for his 20th service award at work and in less than a week, you know me as a curious engineering aspirant student i dey build thing dismantle things to understand the working principles.
This faithful day there was holiday, he forgot something at home and he came back to pick it,the whole Television thing on the floor with i trying to understand how it works . I heard his footsteps I quickly use the curtail to cover it but immediately he heard my "welcome daddy" he knew something was amiss,he drew closer to me open the curtain and saw his valuable t v being dismantled on the floor.
that day na to die remain as iwas frozen to death

But because of the love he has for me he just shook his head and just told me" osha bodo sise ni temi",he went inside took his envelope and left .
if you see the way I was so happy that day anytime I look back and i think it was that particular incident that truly convinced them that I was born and designed to be an engineer.Even if mommy is shouting and warning about me using wire to join wire inside and doing my engineering stuff he will just tell Mummy leave me and that I will be fine. I'm so happy today at I'm a mechanical engineer

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Papagoodness: 4:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
ahnie:
My dear I m currently going tru same ordeal with my boy.

Yesterday's he bathed 20 chicks with their bathe scrub,he then used pegs to peg the chicks legs hung them in the rope outside.

He said since humans bath,the chicks too gatz bathe.

I don taya aswear!

Omo, everyone's problem has a twin

Attached his a pic of him sleeping and some on the chicks coming to look for him this afternoon
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 4:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
achimendy:

That overlook has made some children useless and irresponsible, even my mum is one of them, but my dad dont allow that shit. I saw a mother with children and a grown daughter of 16 who cant do house chores, hardly listen and have no fear for their parents. They listen and fear my friend who's their teacher than their parents. The day my friend was talking to the woman about her children she started crying and saying she do talk to them but they don't listen, if she's sick the children cant help do house stuff. The truth is that she doesn't handle them the right way, thesame overlooking you're doing now is thesame thing she did and she's reaping the painful benefits.

We fear our dad more than our mum, because we know our mum can easily overlook, but my dad, just try nonsense. That fear for my father made us behave responsibly. Although you can't be harsh all the time to your children, sometimes you have to just talk them, sometimes you use flogging too.

Those children will be father's and mother's tomorrow, so stop overlooking and give them the right training, but if you fail to do that just know the negative outcome awaits you.
my brother when I said overlook, I meant in some things that are trivial.
It is not everything you beat a child for. There are times that even mere words or scolding work better than beating or flogging.
There should be a balance.

I have a cane in my house and I still flog my children st times, but there are times you need to calmly talk to them to correct them.
Life is all about balance.

2 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 4:52pm On Aug 07, 2023
achimendy:

That overlook has made some children useless and irresponsible, even my mum is one of them, but my dad dont allow that shit. I saw a mother with children and a grown daughter of 16 who cant do house chores, hardly listen and have no fear for their parents. They listen and fear my friend than their parents. The day my friend was talking to the woman about her children she started crying and saying she do talk to them but they don't listen, if she's sick the children cant help do house stuff. The truth is that she doesn't handle them the right way, thesame overlooking you're doing now is thesame thing she did and she's reaping the painful benefits.

We fear our dad more than our mum, because we know our mum can easily overlook, but my dad, just try nonsense. That fear for my father made us behave responsibly. Although you can't be harsh all the time to your children, sometimes you have to just talk them, sometimes you use flogging too.

Those children will be father's and mother's tomorrow, so stop overlooking and give them the right training, but if you fail to do that just know the negative outcome awaits you.
I I had a friend who was flogged and beaten for every mistake, yet she ended up in bar beach as a prostitute even with all the beatings and corrections. She got so used to the beatings that it meant nothing again to her.

She would say, no be beating, I go chest am.

My father hardly beat us his children while growing up and are very good children , raising up wonderful well behaved intelligent children.

My dad did more of scolding and silent treatment and waking us up at midnight to scokd us.

It didn't make us useless.
Like I said life is about balance.
If you beat a child to death and that child wants to be a rebel, he will even rebel against you in the grave

3 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by descarado: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2023
Hmm. Children.
Where will one start.
Anything I see these days, I will gladly swallow it.

My husband cous bought a very expensive designer handbag for me as wedding gift and I no dey use this bag anyhow.
My 3 and half years old decided to learn how to do colouring with it using red nail polish and palm oil. How he got the 3 is still a mystery.
Shock no gree me shout. Just took the picture and send to his uncle.
Guy said I made his day at work. Imagine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by descarado: 6:46pm On Aug 07, 2023
One decided to cook.
Washing gel plus palm oil plus egg plus milk mixed together.
Mummy I want to cook. By the time I reach kitchen, traces of the mixture was from the kitchen to my room and everything poured on my bed. That he wanted to come and show me what he wanted to cook and then slipped.
Mattress, pillows, bedsheets and everything on the bed, replaced.

Just last two yrs Christmas, one decided to wash the living room tv. That was how tv spoiled. Replaced.

Nothing shocks me anymore.

Few months ago my eldest did something bad and felt I will reprimand him so he decided to wash.
My new non stick wok had many colours by the time I entered house.

If I should start adding the money I use in replacing stuffs, hmm.

I didn't do reach like this to my parents na. I was a good kid grin

I'm keeping good record. Payback time grin
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by descarado: 6:47pm On Aug 07, 2023
ahnie:
My dear I m currently going tru same ordeal with my boy.

Yesterday's he bathed 20 chicks with their bathe scrub,he then used pegs to peg the chicks legs hung them in the rope outside.

He said since humans bath,the chicks too gatz bathe.

I don taya aswear!

Attached his a pic of him sleeping and some on the chicks coming to look for him this afternoon
Jesu cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by achimendy(m): 8:21pm On Aug 07, 2023
Mummyfour:
my brother when I said overlook, I meant in some things that are trivial.
It is not everything you beat a child for. There are times that even mere words or scolding work better than beating or flogging.
There should be a balance.

I have a cane in my house and I still flog my children st times, but there are times you need to calmly talk to them to correct them.
Life is all about balance.

I remember I talked about using diplomacy to correct your children, maybe you didn't see it. As you said is good to balance up, but some women are totally careless when it comes to correcting children, they even support their children when they do wrong or even keep quiet and watch, no home training from their parents. Some women even love their children to the extent that they don't even shout at them talk more of beat them.

I love the combination of my parents, mum is cold dad is hot. Good mixture.
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 8:29pm On Aug 07, 2023
achimendy:

I remember I talked about using diplomacy to correct your children, maybe you didn't see it. As you said is good to balance up, but some women are totally careless when it comes to correcting children, they even support their children when they do wrong or even keep quiet and watch, no home training from their parents. Some women even love their children to the extent that they don't even shout at them talk more of beat them.

I love the combination of my parents, mum is cold dad is hot. Good mixture.
well noted.. you are right
Like me o, I discipline my children, I flog when I have to, I scold, scream, beat, yell and talk calmly I do.

Truly bringing up children in this era is truly difficult, it takes more than discipline but more wisdom, prayers and patience
I
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by ahnie: 8:31pm On Aug 07, 2023
descarado:

Jesu cheesy cheesy cheesy
E shock you?
Na my daily shege from this pikin be this...this one even small sef.

We don reach the stage of mummy please stop shouting the neighbors are hearing you cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.

I get fractured knee today na because I was chasing my lil son....now I don dey respect myself,no more chasing.

What I do is....I lure him in with food and then use pankere to spank his legs before twisting his ears.

No body can kill me....I didn't trouble my parents like this

1 Like

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by achimendy(m): 8:55pm On Aug 07, 2023
Mummyfour:
well noted.. you are right
Like me o, I discipline my children, I flog when I have to, I scold, scream, beat, yell and talk calmly I do.

Truly bringing up children in this era is truly difficult, it takes more than discipline but more wisdom, prayers and patience
I

You're very correct, it's not easy o. We never get pikin yet, but am preparing sha. May God help us to do the right thing. More grace to you and your family🙏.

1 Like

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Anny69: 8:56pm On Aug 07, 2023
Luckysbab:

We are waiting for when your moniker will be changed to "Mummythree" cool
😂😂😂Omg! Three is too much for me. It's 'Iyaibeji' I'll change it too.
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Mummyfour(f): 9:04pm On Aug 07, 2023
achimendy:

You're very correct, it's not easy o. We never get pikin yet, but am preparing sha. May God help us to do the right thing. More grace to you and your family🙏.
all the best.
You will surely get there .
You will get a good wife, who would be a good mother and you will have wonderful children by God's grace

2 Likes

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Luckysbab: 9:25pm On Aug 07, 2023
Anny69:
😂😂😂Omg! Three is too much for me. It's 'Iyaibeji' I'll change it too.

Kini 'yato laarin meji ati meta?
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Anny69: 9:49pm On Aug 07, 2023
Luckysbab:

Kini 'yato laarin meji ati meta?
Another 9 months and labor pain.
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by achimendy(m): 10:00pm On Aug 07, 2023
Mummyfour:
all the best.
You will surely get there .
You will get a good wife, who would be a good mother and you will have wonderful children by God's grace

Amen 🙏, and Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by Luckysbab: 11:38pm On Aug 07, 2023
Anny69:
Another 9 months and labor pain.

smiley
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by DonroxyII: 9:51pm On Aug 09, 2023
DavidEsq:

My pikin use e feeding bottle wey no reach 6k take stone my smart 50 inch tv😩😩😩. Na 260k I take repair am. Small doze wey I doze off o! Na e the werey take burst tv so
Na Ya Pikin Be Weyrey So shocked
It definitely Run in the Gene ... Na u d dude resemble
Re: That One Child That You Love, But Will Frustrate You Unintentionally by DavidEsq(m): 3:36pm On Aug 10, 2023
DonroxyII:
Na Ya Pikin Be Weyrey So shocked
It definitely Run in the Gene ... Na u d dude resemble
😂😂😂😂😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banker Accuses Father-in-law Of Abducting, Renaming Son (pics) / Should Bride Price Be Abolished? / What Makes You Unique As A Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.