Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,439 members, 7,853,898 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:43 AM

Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) - Fashion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) (41772 Views)

Bianca Schoombee Withdraws From Miss South Africa 2020 Over Old Tweets / New Miss Africa, Dorcas Kasinde's Wig Caught Fire After Getting Crowned (Video) / Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters Wins Miss Universe 2017 (Miss South Africa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 1:15am On Aug 28, 2023
TMKsouth:

Shame, Morpheus is too caught up in the 'matrix'.

I am here to find the "ONE". That Saffer who can bend the matrix better than I can.

Once I find him my work will be done and I will retire back to Zion with my 72 virgins and rivers flowing with milk and honey.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2023
Sepukku:

YOu actually think I am that slow, no?

Shame.

I don't think that you are slow.I KNOW that you are slow

1 Like

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 8:32am On Aug 28, 2023
Sepukku:

Some of the stupidest questions I have ever been asked regarding peer reviewed published journals on genetic studies. Do you know what "peer reviewed" means or do you think your uncle in limpopo has to be present during this study so he can orally relay it to you for it to be fact.

All published studies have intros which explain the details of how, who, where and at what time frame they were done. Dummy you are.

Please make sure you read the actual studies below , don't just browse through neh. You just need to click on the "DOI" \ section on the studies, there's lots of them and read through. I know its hard work for you saffers but don't worry I am here, when you are done just come back and we can discuss, neh?

https://www.nature.com/articles/nature08795

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36433881/

LMFAO,no I don't know what peer reviewd journals mean, bu I do know common sense .

Common sense tells me that any study of such magnitude would need a lot of financial backing ,and common sense tells me that no organisation or individual just goes around throwing money at such exercises without having an agenda ( interest in the outcome, be it positive or negative ). For instance Pharmaceutical companies wouldn't sponsor so many scholars, scientists etc if they were not guaranteed a favourable outcome. I doubt very much that many research * facilities want their work to conflict with their funders...just saying grin.

As for the uncles.... there are clear historical reasons why people like Winnie Mandela insisted on being called MaMpondo instead of Xhosa. She called herself a Xhosa wife though ( which makes sense). Before 96 , the geographical area now called the Eastern Cape province was never regarded as Xhosa- land, but there are areas where real Xhosa people are concentrated ( I'm not talking about clans here) .

So to disprove our uncle's " rumours" that we know as history , science** must be transparent and reach different sections of the area under study. For instance when we talk of HIV stats in SA, we know that from the early 2000s till date , it became compulsory for every pregnant woman in SA to take the test. This made it easy to estimate the number of infected people by province , region and district( hospital records). With one HIV positive pregnant woman , we know there's atleast one infected man out there, so publishing such numbers won't raise to many questions.

Now , I don't know what all the insults are for, and I'm surprised you didn't mention Bantu education, are you trying to get creative after 40 years of repeating the samething to yourself ? grin.
My uneducated, stupid self , requested for some education but here you are twerking around instead of helping me out. You're clearly passionate about this subject, you even have a thread about it grin grin, so I thought it would be easy to educate me with some of the information you picked up from your fellow academics ; atleast one published journal , out of the many you claim you went through. Just pick the one you feel did all the work and I'll do the rest myself.

Let me remind you again, this is all the information I need from you grin;

1. Who or what organisation did the genetic tests of the SA population( or atleast part of the population )?
2. When was this : year or era?
3. How many people participated in this exercise?
4. How many participants from each province?
5. From the Provinces, were there results from different municipalities or one section of the province was chosen to represent the whole province?

My lazy arse can't open any links dear , and I'm broke so I don't have any wifi bundles left. So please help by simply answering the above questions ( no dancing around) . This must be before tommorow morning grin.

2 Likes

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by KingCold: 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2023
TMKsouth:
Morpheus get the hell outta here! Makoko is waiting for you.

JaceBlaze and KingCold have given you far more attention than you deserve.
And he feeds off the attention
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:20pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lionessza6:

Common sense tells me that any study of such magnitude would need a lot of financial backing ,and common sense tells me that no organisation or individual just goes around throwing money at such exercises without having an agenda ( interest in the outcome, be it positive or negative ). For instance Pharmaceutical companies wouldn't sponsor so many scholars, scientists etc if they were not guaranteed a favourable outcome. I doubt very much that many research * facilities want their work to conflict with their funders...just saying grin.

Point 1. Apparently common sense is not so common at all. There are several studies that have been undertaken on these subject matters conducted in most universities and research centers around the world including ones in South Africa and sorry to say they are not on this "grand" scale that you pupport.

Point 2 . Since you are the conspiracy theorist, please tell us what this "agenda" is seeing that the human genome project is one that spans the study of human genetic sequencing for pretty much all humans on the planet and not just your Bantu peoples.

Point 3 The pharmaceutical industry example you have mentioned has no bearing on this particular subject matter because one is primarily "profit motivated" and other is purely research based though there are some "commercial" outcomes that do occur. Case in point if you got pregnant by one of your lazy saffer boys and he denied the paternity, how is that you trust the DNA test ( the same source information from these studies) in revealing he is genetically tied to your child so you can collect child support from the state and then in the same breath dismiss a more complex examination of Human genetics.

You are really a bloc head.

@JACEBLAZE and kingcold, this is beat down you were referring to, neh! SMH

Lionessza6:

As for the uncles.... there are clear historical reasons why people like Winnie Mandela insisted on being called MaMpondo instead of Xhosa. She called herself a Xhosa wife though ( which makes sense). Before 96 , the geographical area now called the Eastern Cape province was never regarded as Xhosa- land, but there are areas where real Xhosa people are concentrated ( I'm not talking about clans here) .

Several clans incorporated into one Xhosa grouping and therefore Xhosa peoples would be an amalgamation of these "clans/totems"

Lionessza6:

So to disprove our uncle's " rumours" that we know as history , science** must be transparent and reach different sections of the area under study. For instance when we talk of HIV stats in SA, we know that from the early 2000s till date , it became compulsory for every pregnant woman in SA to take the test. This made it easy to estimate the number of infected people by province , region and district( hospital records). With one HIV positive pregnant woman , we know there's atleast one infected man out there, so publishing such numbers won't raise to many questions.

I don't know how to relate any of the above ranting with anything ahving to do with extensive studies on the genetic diveristy of humans but what I will tell you is that in this day an age it is quite easy or any scientist without looking at the physical appearance of a person determine through genetics if this person is West African, Khoisan or Ethiopian.

Lionessza6:

Now , I don't know what all the insults are for, and I'm surprised you didn't mention Bantu education, are you trying to get creative after 40 years of repeating the samething to yourself ? grin.
My uneducated, stupid self , requested for some education but here you are twerking around instead of helping me out. You're clearly passionate about this subject, you even have a thread about it grin grin, so I thought it would be easy to educate me with some of the information you picked up from your fellow academics ; atleast one published journal , out of the many you claim you went through. Just pick the one you feel did all the work and I'll do the rest myself.

Insults aside, can you read? What specifically do you want me to point to you that is not stated in the "abstracts" or "main body" sections of each study. Please read the study and come back with points that you disagree with. This is how a debate is done. I have made a claim and provided you with source material to buttress my claim now come back with what you see in the source material that is a false. Your aunty and Uncles claims are not good enough.

Lionessza6:

Let me remind you again, this is all the information I need from you grin;

1. Who or what organisation did the genetic tests of the SA population( or atleast part of the population )?
5. From the Provinces, were there results from different municipalities or one section of the province was chosen to represent the whole province?

Stop embarassing yourself Lionessza

Lionessza6:

My lazy arse can't open any links dear , and I'm broke so I don't have any wifi bundles left. So please help by simply answering the above questions ( no dancing around) . This must be before tommorow morning grin.

You can afford it, Go and buy airtime. You have enough airtime to be on nairaland ona consistent basis, neh.

Lazy girl. You want me to think for you.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
JaceBlaze:

I don't think that you are slow.I KNOW that you are slow

Ahh now you are coming around young padowen. You are beginning to think like Morpheus. There is hope for you yet.

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:41pm On Aug 28, 2023
KingCold:
And he feeds off the attention

Do I force you to respond?

You have your picture spamming thread, don't you?
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 7:17pm On Aug 28, 2023
Sepukku:

Point 1. Apparently common sense is not so common at all. There are several studies that have been undertaken on these subject matters conducted in most universities and research centers around the world including ones in South Africa and sorry to say they are not on this "grand" scale that you pupport.

Point 2 . Since you are the conspiracy theorist, please tell us what this "agenda" is seeing that the human genome project is one that spans the study of human genetic sequencing for pretty much all humans on the planet and not just your Bantu peoples.

Point 3 The pharmaceutical industry example you have mentioned has no bearing on this particular subject matter because one is primarily "profit motivated" and other is purely research based though there are some "commercial" outcomes that do occur. Case in point if you got pregnant by one of your lazy saffer boys and he denied the paternity, how is that you trust the DNA test ( the same source information from these studies) in revealing he is genetically tied to your child so you can collect child support from the state and then in the same breath dismiss a more complex examination of Human genetics.

You are really a bloc head.

@JACEBLAZE and kingcold, this is beat down you were referring to, neh! SMH

Several clans incorporated into one Xhosa grouping and therefore Xhosa peoples would be an amalgamation of these "clans/totems"

I don't know how to relate any of the above ranting with anything ahving to do with extensive studies on the genetic diveristy of humans but what I will tell you is that in this day an age it is quite easy or any scientist without looking at the physical appearance of a person determine through genetics if this person is West African, Khoisan or Ethiopian.

Insults aside, can you read? What specifically do you want me to point to you that is not stated in the "abstracts" or "main body" sections of each study. Please read the study and come back with points that you disagree with. This is how a debate is done. I have made a claim and provided you with source material to buttress my claim now come back with what you see in the source material that is a false. Your aunty and Uncles claims are not good enough.

Stop embarassing yourself Lionessza

You can afford it, Go and buy airtime. You have enough airtime to be on nairaland ona consistent basis, neh.

Lazy girl. You want me to think for you.

That's my issue right there, you said several studies from several universities and research centres around the world, the question is , where did they all get their samples from and when ? DNA testing was at its infancy before the 90s, and rather less reliable than in it is now. So this "credible " research is new ?how recent?
So the research was from a small selection of people from the same area ?

@ the bolded ....Try another lame tactic at attempting to rubbish my questions,the gasligting and demonisation by branding me a conspiracy theorist won't work. That's so 2020, let it rest. Peopke use helicopters for siteseeing and travelling , but elsewhere the same helicopter could be used as a war tool.

Genetic research ,medical research , Agricultural research etc can be used for politics and politics and profits go together. I like that you didn't deny my Pharmaceutical industry example, which means deep down you know very well that the outcome of any research can be pre-determined by the funder even before any studies could be conducted. If the pharmaceutical industry can do it, then any organisation with vested interests in a subject matter could do the same. There's no " purely research based "here , no institution can put so much money and time into something that won't get them funding the next financial year lol.

I said HIV prevalence in SA is easily proven not guessed because the testing is transparent and the participants come from all groups, provinces , regions and districts( so its pretty damn difficult to disprove or question). This is why I want to know the where and when of the issue under discussion.

Duh!! Ofcourse scientists can determine the origins of any person , and they can also determine if the person is of mixed heritage or not.Who is disputing this here ?

So it has gotten to this grin? When did I dismiss anything about human genetics ? I simple questioned the how & when . Infact I'd be the last person to discredit genetic testing because I and my immediate family have taken the test and I actively encourage others to do the same and not rely on copied and pasted work from lazy scholars desperate to be published.

Amampondo, Amabhaca and others have never be clans of the Xhosa nation until 1996( forced down their throats by the comrades who came back from God knows where ) . All these groups had their clans, cultural practices etc. And internarriage with Xhosa people was and to some extent is still frowned upon as they don't want " change their blood line). I mentioned Winnie because she talked a lot about this and how as a young woman she was openly chastised by her relatives and community for her marriage with Mandela because " she was destroying their nation " . Even today Mpondo women hardly ever marry what they describe as Xhosa people, and the men never do...... The uncles and aunties history at play I guess. The whole point of this paragraph is to show the importance of taking samples from different sections of a study area as this is a much more complex issue than just a family paternity issue. If truly I needed DNA samples of my run-away baby daddy and he is nowhere to be found, samples from his mother, father , brother or sister ( even if half) could be used to link my bastard to that family and ofcourse the percentages would vary.

You're the one embarrassing yourself here as a self- proclaimed intelligent educator of stupid, bantu educated saffas yet you can't help me by answering my simple questions. I told you I wasn't going to open any link here, and since you have gone through all the abstracts of the different journals , why not pick one thatyou find the most interesting and revealing and paste the information I requested instead of twerking around?

No, my lazy arse doesn't want you to do any thinking .....just act . Answer the following:

1 Like

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 9:02pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lionessza6:

Stupid question. The studies provide dates that studies were held with specific references to the names of who conducted them and site referencing as well.

Lionessza6:

Stupid question. The links provide sample data, picture diagrams, graphical representations of tests with standard deviations e.t.c. You need only click on them.

Lionessza6:

Another Stupid question.

Lionessza6:

Stupid question.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lionessza6:

Genetic research ,medical research , Agricultural research etc can be used for politics and politics and profits go together. I like that you didn't deny my Pharmaceutical industry example, which means deep down you know very well that the outcome of any research can be pre-determined by the funder even before any studies could be conducted. If the pharmaceutical industry can do it, then any organisation with vested interests in a subject matter could do the same. There's no " purely research based "here , no institution can put so much money and time into something that won't get them funding the next financial year lol.

The results of a scientific study cannot be "predetermined." The data that is produced is the data that is produced.
A hypothesis is the only part of a scientific study that is proposed. it is a pre-ference as opposed to "in-ference" upon data that is produced.

What is stupid about your argument is that most of these studies actually lend credence to an early arrival of bantu groups into Southern Africa before European arrivals. They however also confirm varying degrees of admixtures amongst various groups that encountered each other.

READ!

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1801948115
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 9:11pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lionessza6:

Amampondo, Amabhaca and others have never be clans of the Xhosa nation until 1996( forced down their throats by the comrades who came back from God knows where ) . All these groups had their clans, cultural practices etc. And internarriage with Xhosa people was and to some extent is still frowned upon as they don't want " change their blood line). I mentioned Winnie because she talked a lot about this and how as a young woman she was openly chastised by her relatives and community for her marriage with Mandela because " she was destroying their nation " . Even today Mpondo women hardly ever marry what they describe as Xhosa people, and the men never do...... The uncles and aunties history at play I guess. The whole point of this paragraph is to show the importance of taking samples from different sections of a study area as this is a much more complex issue than just a family paternity issue. If truly I needed DNA samples of my run-away baby daddy and he is nowhere to be found, samples from his mother, father , brother or sister ( even if half) could be used to link my bastard to that family and ofcourse the percentages would vary.

What are you on about here? State your position clearly. You are all over the place. Are you saying that what we know as Xhosa peoples today carry a predominance of Khoi ancestry in them and are therefore predominantly Khoi?

My position stands as this

studies continue to indicate that Bantu populations across South Africa carry an average of 25% Khoi ancestry in them and this includes the Xhosa who are a "bantu' speaking peoples as a whole. These same studies indicate that the colored populations of the cape carry a higher degree of Khoi ancestry in them at levels up to 40-60%. The inference on this information would indicate that the coloreds are more Khoi than any Bantu populations that have been tested.

and the spirit instructed the prophet READ!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23516368/

PS just out of curiousity, when you quizzed your uncles and aunties

what language did the AmaMpondo speak before joining the Xhosa nation?

What language did the abaThembu speak before joining the Xhosa nation?

What language did the Amabhaca before joining the Xhosa nation.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 9:53pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lionessza6:

That's my issue right there, you said several studies from several universities and research centres around the world, the question is , where did they all get their samples from and when ? DNA testing was at its infancy before the 90s, and rather less reliable than in it is now. So this "credible " research is new ?how recent?
So the research was from a small selection of people from the same area ?

Your issue of sample sizes, bias and limitations have been factored in. They were way ahead of you on that one.

Read!

https://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003309
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
Lionessza6:

You're the one embarrassing yourself here as a self- proclaimed intelligent educator of stupid, bantu educated saffas yet you can't help me by answering my simple questions. I told you I wasn't going to open any link here, and since you have gone through all the abstracts of the different journals , why not pick one thatyou find the most interesting and revealing and paste the information I requested instead of twerking around?

I have helped you enough by finding and giving you the link to the studies. You want me to spoon feed you now. Lazy bum

It is incumbent on you to read and ascertain if what is in there is contrary to your position, come back and then rubbish the topic.

Your deflect debate tactic will not work.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 8:31am On Aug 29, 2023
Sepukku:

I have helped you enough by finding and giving you the link to the studies. You want me to spoon feed you now. Lazy bum

It is incumbent on you to read and ascertain if what is in there is contrary to your position, come back and then rubbish the topic.

Your deflect debate tactic will not work.
Here is my original post to you, read it slowly,especially the bolded part. wink

You're the one who knows South African identities better than its elders , so please educate me by answering the above( i think that will be easy for a super intelligent guy like yourself ) wink . I do not open links on nairaland.

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 8:44am On Aug 29, 2023
Sepukku:

Your issue of sample sizes, bias and limitations have been factored in. They were way ahead of you on that one.

Read!

https://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1003309

Then post it here as I requested before , why is this so difficult for you. I told you I won't click on any link, it's like you're deliberately elongating this debate or argument. Post the info I requested, you've already said that I'm incapable of reading such complex reports with my saffa small brains, why then don't you help me out by copying and pasting from your links , the specific info I asked for ? I mean you have been copying and pasting the same comments about SA for close to a 100 years now on this forum, so this can't be too much ask for.

1 Like

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 9:26am On Aug 29, 2023
Sepukku:

What are you on about here? State your position clearly. You are all over the place. Are you saying that what we know as Xhosa peoples today carry a predominance of Khoi ancestry in them and are therefore predominantly Khoi?

My position stands as this

studies continue to indicate that Bantu populations across South Africa carry an average of 25% Khoi ancestry in them and this includes the Xhosa who are a "bantu' speaking peoples as a whole. These same studies indicate that the colored populations of the cape carry a higher degree of Khoi ancestry in them at levels up to 40-60%. The inference on this information would indicate that the coloreds are more Khoi than any Bantu populations that have been tested.

and the spirit instructed the prophet READ!

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23516368/

PS just out of curiousity, when you quizzed your uncles and aunties

what language did the AmaMpondo speak before joining the Xhosa nation?

What language did the abaThembu speak before joining the Xhosa nation?

What language did the Amabhaca before joining the Xhosa nation.

Attempting to twist my words again to claim fake victory? grin
No I never said Xhosa people were predominantly San, but yes there are fractions who are the same way that there are also a lot of those predominantly Bantu. My position is that there are also a lot of inbetweeners * who are neither predominantly Bantu nor san ( with 40/60) . And a lot of the Xhosa's I know who took this genetic test, also had other bloodlines like nilotic and Batwa ( pygmies). So you get people with 35% san ancestry , 55% bantu and then the rest made of different bloodlines with some even having European blood( although rare). Note that , this is from my small circle of friends and family and I'm in no way saying these results represent the entire Xhosa nation with all her clans. The point is that different clans and regions can never give out the same genetic results in a place like the Eastern Cape because this is arguable the most generically diverse part of the country( amongst Native Africans). So the only results I'd accept are those that have covered all different clans or atleast districts ( with a significant number of participants).

There is a language called IsiMpondo, it sounds like a mixture of Ndebele, Xhosa and Zulu.

There is isiBhaca which sounds more like Isiswati( they have no clicks). And then there's Isihlubi which sounds like a a mixture of isi Zulu, Sesotho and IsiXhosa.

There is a reason why Xhosa teachers were sent to these regions in the early 90s( most of the students there couldn't write the language ). And even today some still struggle to even speak convincing Xhosa without sounding odd,especially the older generation.

AbaThembu are a Xhosa clan and they speak IsiXhosa and their customs reflect that as well unlike the above 3 groups. AmaBhaca even have Marks on their faces, this traditional practice is practiced by a faction of the Zulu population but none among Xhosa people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2023
Sepukku:

The results of a scientific study cannot be "predetermined." The data that is produced is the data that is produced.
A hypothesis is the only part of a scientific study that is proposed. it is a pre-ference as opposed to "in-ference" upon data that is produced.

What is stupid about your argument is that most of these studies actually lend credence to an early arrival of bantu groups into Southern Africa before European arrivals. They however also confirm varying degrees of admixtures amongst various groups that encountered each other.

READ!

https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.1801948115

If I'm going to trial for the murder of my husband and I'm know I'm guilty, and I have enough connections and money to make sure that the outcomes of the court case are favourable to me. The judges, prosecutors and my legal team ( who are all in my payroll) could play opposing sides in the court even going as far as painting me as exposing my alduteress lifestyle. But at the end of the day, they have all been paid to make sure I get a lighter sentence or get away with the crime completely . That's what I meant by " predetermined ".

Only retarded Eauripens and a few dunderhead Africans would believe the 1900s published journals supporting the empty land theory grin. That's why in the 60s they shifted goalposts and came up with the " only the Khoe-San were here , and they were only in the Western " grin. Ofvourse, they are now on sparsely populated adding Xhosas and Swatis in the mix , soon enough they will revise it to add the dreaded AmaZulu grin grin. So don't entice me with that rotten fish grin grin. Khoe-San lineage goes as far as East Africa and we are supposed to believe that other pastoralists didn't wonder down South for centuries until Europeans came here ? Rubbish grin.

1 Like

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Lionessza6(f): 9:43am On Aug 29, 2023
Sepukku:

Stupid question. The studies provide dates that studies were held with specific references to the names of who conducted them and site referencing as well.

Stupid question. The links provide sample data, picture diagrams, graphical representations of tests with standard deviations e.t.c. You need only click on them.

Another Stupid question.

Stupid question.

Smarty, we are here;

You're the one who knows South African identities better than its elders , so please educate me by answering the above( i think that will be easy for a super intelligent guy like yourself ) wink . I do not open links on nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by JaceBlaze: 10:26am On Aug 29, 2023
Sepukku is in trouble...AGAIN!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:20pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lionessza6:

Then post it here as I requested before , why is this so difficult for you. I told you I won't click on any link, it's like you're deliberately elongating this debate or argument. Post the info I requested, you've already said that I'm incapable of reading such complex reports with my saffa small brains, why then don't you help me out by copying and pasting from your links , the specific info I asked for ? I mean you have been copying and pasting the same comments about SA for close to a 100 years now on this forum, so this can't be too much ask for.

Abstract
Within-population genetic diversity is greatest within Africa, while between-population genetic diversity is directly proportional to geographic distance. The most divergent contemporary human populations include the click-speaking forager peoples of southern Africa, broadly defined as Khoesan. Both intra- (Bantu expansion) and inter-continental migration (European-driven colonization) have resulted in complex patterns of admixture[b] between ancient geographically isolated Khoesan and more recently diverged populations. Using gender-specific analysis and almost 1 million autosomal markers, we determine the significance of estimated ancestral contributions that have shaped five contemporary southern African populations in a cohort of 103 individuals. Limitedby lack of available data for homogenous Khoesan representation, we identify the Ju/'hoan (n = 19) as a distinct early diverging human lineage with little to no significant non-Khoesan contribution. In contrast to the Ju/'hoan, we identify ancient signatures of Khoesan and Bantu unions resulting in significant Khoesan- and Bantu-derived contributions to the Southern Bantu amaXhosa (n = 15) and Khoesan !Xun (n = 14), respectively.

Our data further suggests that contemporary !Xun represent distinct Khoesan prehistories. Khoesan assimilation with European settlement at the most southern tip of Africa resulted in significant ancestral Khoesan contributions to the Coloured (n = 25) and Baster (n = 30) populations. The latter populations were further impacted by 170 years of East Indian slave trade and intra-continental migrations resulting in a complex pattern of genetic variation (admixture). The populations of southern Africa provide a unique opportunity to investigate the genomic variability from some of the oldest human lineages to the implications of complex admixture patterns including ancient and recently diverged human lineage.

Author Summary
The Khoesan have received recent attention, as they are the most genetically diverse contemporary human populations. However, Khoesan populations are poorly defined,[/b]while archeological evidence suggests a once broader dispersal of click-speaking southern African foragers.

[b]Migrations into the regions populated by contemporary Khoesan involved agro-pastoral Bantu around 1,500 years ago,
followed over a millennium later by the arrival of European colonists establishing a halfway station for a maritime route between Europe and the East, which led to unions between diverse global populations. Using almost a million genetic markers for 103 individuals, we confirmed a significant Khoesan contribution to five southern African populations. The Ju/'hoan show genetic isolation (early divergence from all other modern humans), carry no significant non-Khoesan contributions, and unlike most global populations lack signatures of gene-based adaption to agriculture. The !Xun show two distinct Khoesan prehistories; while comparable to the female-derived Khoesan contribution to the amaXhosa Bantu, the male-derived Bantu contribution to the !Xun most likely represents cultural-driven gender-biased gene-flow. Emanating largely from male-derived European ancestral contributions, the Basters showed the highest maternal Khoesan contribution, while the Coloured showed the largest within population and regional-associated variability. The unique admixture fractions of the two latter populations reflect both early diverged and recently diverged human lineages.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:25pm On Aug 29, 2023
Introduction
Southern Africa is home to populations carrying significant human genomic variation. The analysis of patterns of DNA variation, have placed modern human origins within Africa [1], with the most divergent contemporary lineages found in the indigenous Khoesan inhabitants of southern Africa [2]–[6]. Defined by their use of clicking languages and a foraging-based subsistence, contemporary Khoesan are largely restricted to the greater Kalahari regions of Namibia and Botswana. Representing a collection of isolated subpopulations with dwindling numbers and subpopulation extinctions, the Khoesan population identifier once represented a broader geographical dispersal reaching the most southern tip of Africa. Historical migrations into southern Africa including agro-pastoral Southern Bantu from a western/central African homeland beginning roughly 1,500 years ago [7], [8], followed over a millennium later by the arrival of European settlers and East-Indian slaves [9], shaped the ancestral contributions of contemporary southern Africans. These intra- and inter-continental contributions led to historical events that perpetuated population dispersals, isolations and assimilation between populations, ultimately giving rise to complex genomic admixture. The pattern of genomic variation in contemporary southern African populations thus resulted from unions between the most diverse genomes found within Africa to the least differentiated as represented by populations impacted by a severe founder effect (bottleneck) associated with the out-of-Africa dispersal [2], [10]–[13].

Determining the ancestral origins of contemporary southern African admixture is limited by a number of factors including the availability of well-characterized subjects, limited availability of genomic data for appropriate founder populations, biases in current content genotyping arrays and analytical challenges. Lack of genomic data for southern African populations defined based on linguistics and culture broadly as Bantu and Khoesan, has perpetuated biases.

To minimize these limitations, we leveraged genotype information from the largest current content array dataset that was available at the time the study was initiated in 2010, interrogating over 1 million genome-wide data points (Illumina HumanOmni1-Quad BeadChips).

The 103 individuals in this study represent five southern African populations defined as Khoesan, specifically Ju/'hoan and !Xun, Southern Bantu, specifically amaXhosa, and European-initiated admixed populations, specifically Coloured and the newly described Baster population (Figure 1). At the time of submission there had been limited largely gender-specific analyses performed for pooled subsets of Southern Bantu [14], [15], while gender-specific [14], [16] and more extensive analysis for the Coloured had focused on non-regional sub-structure [17], [18]. While we previously considered the extent of whole exome diversity between two Ju/'hoan and a single !Xun, providing limited genome-wide analysis using the smaller 500 K Illumina arrays [5], no study had determined possible admixture contributions to these foraging-based populations. We merge our data with the only Khoesan-derived genome-wide dataset, the South African #Khomani [4]. The availability of globally relevant genomic data (published and from the Illumina iControl Database) provides a means to predict contributing migratory homogenous founder populations (specifically as a result of Bantu migration and European colonization), which most closely represent historical events that have impacted relations between southern African populations (Figure 1). In contrast, identifying indigenous founder contributions is more problematic. Contemporary Khoesan populations have either themselves experienced varying degrees of non-Khoesan contribution, or may not accurately represent the likely lost ancient ancestral lineages that once thrived along the southern coast of Africa at the time of non-Khoesan arrival. A major goal of our study was therefore to define a Khoesan population with negligible non-Khoesan contribution. Using anthropological, cultural, linguistic, as well as personal interactions within the remaining Khoesan communities of Namibia, the Ju/'hoan and !Xun were identified as likely candidates. Identifying early human divergence and unique forager-based genomic signatures, we further assess the significance of ancestral contributions within our study sample using multiple analytical approaches, while providing significant insights into the history of the region.

Results
Before one can assess complex admixture fractions, it is critical to determine the validity of the study sample to be tested, paying particular attention to the potential for sampling biases, while assessing limitations within available genotyping content. Additionally, the identification of the most homogenous founder representative populations is critical. While the availability of globally relevant datasets allows for the assessment of non-regional founders, the identification of a homogenous indigenous founder population is currently not available. We provide evidence that supports the Ju/'hoan in this study as a likely representation of a homogenous Khoesan ancestral lineage. Using this data we provide multiple complimentary approaches to assess southern African admixture fractions.[/b]
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
Limiting study biases
Sampling biases.
All individuals self-identifying as Ju/'hoan or !Xun were extensively interviewed during six trips to the region over a period of three years (2008 to 2011) for further clarification see http://www.jcvi.org/cms/research/projects/southern-african-genome-diversity-study/. Individuals were excluded for reported relatedness and sourced from eleven remote sampling sites in Namibia (Figure S1). Culturally the groups display differing levels of alternative subsistence from hunting and gathering. While the Ju/'hoan maintain hunting rights, the !Xun demonstrate minimal subsistence crop cultivation. Both rely heavily on foraging and are impacted by western monetary influences in the form of government subsidies or limited earnings. Family units are generally small and geographical isolation is still apparent.

While the Baster population was recruited within Namibia, the amaXhosa and Coloured were recruited within South Africa. Populations were selected based on historical significance that includes early Bantu or European arrival into the region, as well as accounts of Khoesan-derived contributions. [/b]All completed a questionnaire, which included self-identification via their maternal and paternal heritage, with place of birth used for regional subgroup classification, specifically Northern Cape (NC)-, Eastern Cape (EC)- and District Six Coloured (Figure 1).[/quote]

Subject relatedness.
Subjects were excluded if they reported at least one parent and/or one grandparent having belonged to an alternative population grouping, and included in the study based on heritage and geographical origins.[/b]Using 927,298 autosomal genotypes generated for 105 individuals, we performed identity-by-descent (IBD) allele sharing to assess cryptic non-self-identified relatedness among individuals. This resulted in the exclusion of two Ju/'hoan due to first cousin relations. No other subjects were excluded. Notably, three of the !Xun were originally from Angola and referred to themselves as Angolan !Xun or ‘Vasekela’. The genetic relationship of the self-identified distinction between Namibian and A

Subject source validation.
Gender-specific markers are an ideal tool to rapidly ascertain likely ancestral contributions, providing a means of sample source validation using unique population-specific [b]mitochondrial (mt)DNA and Y-chromosomal haplogroup identifiers. Khoesan-derived maternal and paternal lineages include the deepest rooting L0d and L0k mtDNA [14], [19], [20] and A and to a lesser extent the B Y–chromosomal haplogroups [21].

Mitochondrial haplogroup analysis (Table S1) showed 100% of the Ju/'hoan (n = 19) and 85.7% of the !Xun (n = 14) carry a L0d/L0k lineage, while 92.9% of the Baster (n = 30), 68% of the Coloured (n = 25) and 47% of the amaXhosa (n = 15) presented with a L0d lineage (notably lacking L0k representation).The non-Khoesan maternal contribution to the !Xun, Baster and amaXhosa were all associated with Bantu expansion, specifically L0a, L2 or L3′4 [7].

Regional diversity (Figure S2A) included highest L0d contributions in the NC- (90%), followed by D6- (62.5%) and lowest in the EC-Coloured (42.9%). In contrast Bantu-associated maternal lineages were significant contributors to the EC- (42.9%), with minimal contributions to the D6- (12.5%) and absent in the NC-Coloured. The M/N Eurasian mtDNA lineages were represented at low frequencies in all the Coloured subgroups, with highest contributions to the D6-Coloured
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
Y-haplogroup analysis suggested a predominant Khoesan paternal contribution to the Ju/'hoan (11/14 males, 78.6%), specifically A2/A3b (10/11) and B2 (1/11), with remarkably minimal contribution to the !Xun (2/7 males A2-haplogroup, 28.6%). No data was available for the female contributing amaXhosa,[/b]while the Khoesan-derived paternal lineages were absent in the Coloured and Baster subjects. [b] Non-Khoesan contribution to the !Xun was dominated by E1b1b (4/7 males, 57.1%). Defined by the M215 marker (previously E3b), E1b1b is reportedly a common contributor to East African Nilotic speakers [22]. A single Ju/'hoan presented with E1b1b, while a single Ju/'hoan and !Xun presented with the Bantu-derived west/central African predominant E1b1a8a and E1b1a7 lineages, respectively. The Baster and Coloured (Table S2) present with significant Eurasian paternal contribution defined by haplogroups R/I/G/N/O/J, at 92.3% (12/13 males) and 71.4% (15/21 males), respectively. Predominance of the largely Western European R1b haplogroup (12/27, 44.4%) was observed [7]. Regional distributions (Figure S2B) for the Eurasian-derived paternal haplogroups were highest for the NC- (83.3%), followed by the D6- (75%), and EC-Coloured (57.1%). Bantu-derived (non-Khoesan) paternal contributions were inversely distributed from the EC around the south to the northwesterly Basters. Unlike East African Nilotic E1b1b predominance in the Namibian Khoesan, E1b1a was the most common African-associated paternal lineage in the Baster/Coloured and linked to Bantu west/central African origins [7], [23]. Gender analysis confirms regional relevance of our study subjects.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 3:49pm On Aug 29, 2023
Defining homogenous founder representation
Principal components analysis (PCA).
We used PCA to provide an interpretable assessment of homogeneity and geographic origins of our study subjects (n = 103) in relation to globally relevant and platform-matched publically available data (n = 237). Merged data allowed for the interrogation of 33,207 overlapping genetic variants within 15 population identifiers. PCA shows clustering of the amaXhosa close to their Bantu ancestral roots, the Ju/'hoan and !Xun (exception NF2) show clustering defined by their Khoesan ancestral heritage, while the Coloured and Baster, as well as the published #Khomani, are highly admixed, suggesting ‘African non-Khoesan’, ‘African Khoesan’ and ‘non-African’ ancestral fractions (Figure 2A). The Yoruba, Ju/'hoan and European/Han Chinese form tight clusters at the outer extremes of these ancestral contributions, respectively.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 4:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
Determining Southern African admixture fractions
Estimations of similarity.
Calculating Fst values using a supervised Admixture run and identity by state (IBS) distance sharing using PLINK (the latter for within and between population identifiers) was used to estimate population identity clusters for similarity (or dissimilarity) for 588 individuals from 15 populations using 24,402 markers (Table S11). The Ju/'hoan exhibit the greatest within group similarity (0.224), show the greatest similarity with the !Xun (IBS 0.240; Fst 0.047) and #Khomani (IBS 0.249; Fst 0.045) and the greatest dissimilarity with non-African populations, namely Han Chinese (IBS 0.317; Fst 0.188) and European (IBS 0.311; Fst 0.151). Although clearly both Khoesan, compared with the Ju/'hoan, the !Xun show greater similarity with Bantu populations (specifically amaXhosa, Luhya and Yoruba), while the #Khomani show greatest similarity with non-Africans (specifically European and Han Chinese). The amaXhosa exhibit the greatest similarity with the West and Eastern Bantu populations (IBS 0.274 each; Fst 0,032 Yoruba and 0.033 Luhya) and Khoesan populations (!Xun IBS 0.272, Fst 0.071; Ju/'hoan IBS 0.274, Fst 0.091). The Baster and Coloured show the strongest overall between-population similarity (IBS 0.281; Fst 0.02) and the largest similarity for all populations tested with Europeans (Baster IBS 0.283; Fst 0.034; Coloured IBS 0.286, Fst 0.037).
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 4:52pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lionessza6:

Attempting to twist my words again to claim fake victory? grin
No I never said Xhosa people were predominantly San, but yes there are fractions who are the same way that there arealso a lot of those predominantly Bantu

What do you mean by the bolded. That there are clans of Xhosa who are 100% Khoi"? 50% Khoi? How did you determine, by looking at the phenotype?

Lionessza6:

My position is that there are also a lot of inbetweeners * who are neither predominantly Bantu nor san ( with 40/60) . And a lot of the

There varying degrees of admixtures that will exist "within" any given population that have encountered each other. This is not the point. The point is when a study states that "Bantu peoples have Khoi ancestry at "mean" levels of 25%, what this indicates is there has been an admixture to a given population but that population genetically remains "predominantly" what it was before the encounter with different populations. I gave you this example using African Americans.

Lionessza6:

Xhosa's I know who took this genetic test, also had other bloodlines like nilotic and Batwa ( pygmies). So you get people with 35% san ancestry , 55% bantu and then the rest made of different bloodlines with some even having European blood( although rare). Note that , this is from my small circle of friends and family and I'm in no way saying these results represent the entire Xhosa nation with all her clans.

Then it is irrelevant to my assertion since this "small sample" is of no significance to a population study.

Lionessza6:
The point is that different clans and regions can never give out the same genetic results in a place like the Eastern Cape because this is arguable the most generically diverse part of the country( amongst Native Africans). So the only results I'd accept are those that have covered all different clans or atleast districts ( with a significant number of participants).

This is why we use confidence intervals and standard deviations when analyzing sample sizes. The greater the sampling the higher the confidence interval. Ergo if I have a 65% confidence interval when testing a sample size it is more than sufficient to make a clear and objective statement when speaking about the varying degrees of genetic make up witin a group of people.

I don't need to sample the entirety of the African American population to determine that on average they cary 15-25% European genetic makeup in them. If I travelled to a region in new orleans for example which has a predominance of "creo" peoples. The information would be skewed and the confidence interval lower therefore I would not be able to make a definitive statment.

These tests on Southern African DNA are derived from a data base of genomic information collected from several subjects over a span of many years stored at centers in labs in the Human genomic research centers. As more samples become available the confidence intervals better for each subsequent research that is done.

Lionessza6:

There is a language called IsiMpondo, it sounds like a mixture of Ndebele, Xhosa and Zulu.There is isiBhaca which sounds more like Isiswati( they have no clicks). And then there's Isihlubi which sounds like a a mixture of isi Zulu, Sesotho and IsiXhosa.

Hence the fact that they are derivatives of the same Bantu peoples, diverging only in dialect and not genetics.

Lionessza6:

There is a reason why Xhosa teachers were sent to these regions in the early 90s( most of the students there couldn't write the language ). And even today some still struggle to even speak convincing Xhosa without sounding odd,especially the older generation.

irrelevant to the point being made Linguistic similarities are a clue to genetic similarities but are not a "definer"

Lionessza6:

AbaThembu are a Xhosa clan and they speak IsiXhosa and their customs reflect that as well unlike the above 3 groups. AmaBhaca even have Marks on their faces, this traditional practice is practiced by a faction of the Zulu population but none amonowg Xhosa people.

Your history lesson has no bearing on the subject matter other than the groups aforementioned originate from a founder "bantu" population and are therefore inter-raleted
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 4:56pm On Aug 29, 2023
About the Authors
Desiree C. Petersen
AFFILIATION J. Craig Venter Institute, San Diego, California, United States of America

Ondrej Libiger
AFFILIATION The Scripps Translational Science Institute, Scripps Health and The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America

Elizabeth A. Tindall
AFFILIATION J. Craig Venter Institute, San Diego, California, United States of America

Rae-Anne Hardie
AFFILIATIONS Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia, The Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia

Linda I. Hannick
Current address: Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research, Frederick, Maryland, United States of America

Richard H. Glashoff
AFFILIATION Division of Medical Virology, Department of Pathology, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, South Africa

Mitali Mukerji
AFFILIATION Insitute of Genomics and Integrative Biology (CSIR), Delhi, India

Indian Genome Variation Consortium
Pedro Fernandez
AFFILIATION Division of Urology, Department of Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, South Africa

Wilfrid Haacke
AFFILIATION Department of Language and Literature Studies, University of Namibia, Windhoek, Namibia

Nicholas J. Schork
AFFILIATION The Scripps Translational Science Institute, Scripps Health and The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California, United States of America
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 5:05pm On Aug 29, 2023
JaceBlaze:
Sepukku is in trouble...AGAIN!!! grin grin

We are done yet Jacey, grab a seat and wait till the end before waving your flag of victory. Its only just started.
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 5:09pm On Aug 29, 2023
Source document:
https://www.isita-org.com/jass/Contents/2022vol100/Rocha/36433881.pdf

Genetic diversity of Bantu-speaking peoples
The overall genetic homogeneity of Bantuspeaking groups sharply contrasts with the divergence observed between Kx’a and Tuu-speaking
populations, even taking into account signals of
admixture with resident populations (Fig. 4).

The sharing of a distinctive genetic composition by Bantu-speaking peoples residing across
subequatorial Africa proves that Bantu languages
were spread through a relatively recent demic
expansion, rather than by cultural diffusion
involving language shift by resident populations
(Diamond and Bellwood 2003; Pakendorf, et al.
2011; Rocha and Fehn 2016). Recent studies combining the use of thousands of single nucleotide polymorphisms
(SNPs) with increased sampling coverage and
new analytical approaches have provided important insights into the geographic routes of the
Bantu migrations. By using a dense coverage of
populations residing around the Bantu homeland in the Nigeria/Cameroon border, Patin et al.
(2017) have shown that Bantu-speakers from the
southern part of the rainforest are more related to
eastern and southern African Bantu peoples than
to Bantu-speaking populations that remained in
the north. In line with these observations, Semo
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2023
Southern Africa comprises several contact
zones marked by the encounter between West
and East Bantu-speaking peoples whose ancestors and languages might have separated further
north more than 3 kya (Koile et al. 2022): in the
Namibian Caprivi Strip, Kavango-speakers from
the West Bantu branch are in close neighborhood with the East Bantu-speaking Fwe, Lozi
and Subiya; in Botswana’s Okavango Delta, West
Bantu-speaking groups like the Mbukushu and
Gciriku are interspersed with East Bantu speakers of the Sotho-Tswana branch; further east, in
Zambia, a major overlap between multiple East
and West Bantu groups can be observed. All
these zones constitute foci of intense exchange
between diverse Bantu cultural traditions and
genetic ancestries.
While Bantu speakers from different ethnolinguistic groups are known to interact with
one another, their migratory movements also
involved admixture with resident populations.
In some East Bantu groups speaking languages
of the Sotho-Tswana (Tswana, Sotho and
Kgalagadi) or Nguni (Zulu and Xhosa) clusters,
introgression of local forager genes can amount
to more than 20% (Supplementary Fig. 4A).
Interestingly, the languages of some admixed
groups like Zulu and Xhosa are well known for
their high load of click consonants, while others
(like Tswana) do not display major traces of substrate influence (Pakendorf et al. 2017).
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2023
Admixture between Bantu incomersand
resident communities was clearly sex-biased, as
the proportion of Kx’a and Tuu-related ancestry found in most Bantu-speaking groups is
higher for mtDNA than for the Y-chromosome
(Supplementary Fig. 4B). This pattern indicates
that the majority of mixed marriages in Bantuspeaking communities involved resident women
and not resident men.

Conversely, Bantu-related
genetic material found in Kx’a and Tuu-speaking
groups is mostly male-mediated, suggesting that
Bantu women did not move into these forager
communities, while Bantu men had non-marital
sexual relationships with Kx’a and Tuu-speaking
women, who raised their offspring in their own
groups. This type of sex-biased interaction is also
observed between rainforest hunter-gathers and
Bantu-speakers from Central Africa (Verdu et al.
2013), and can be explained by the social inequality characterizing relationships between dominant
Bantu-speakers and neighboring foraging groups.
The levels and patterns of admixture are far
from being spatially homogeneous. In southern Mozambique, groups like the Chopi, Tswa
and Changana display lower amounts of introgression than their Sotho-Tswana and Ngunispeaking relatives from South Africa and
Botswana (5% vs. 25%; Supplementary Fig. 4A).

Forager-related ancestry is even more scarce in
Bantu groups from regions further north, including Malawi where Kx’a and Tuu-related ancestry
was found in ancient human remains pre-dating
the Bantu expansion (Skoglund et al. 2017). In
southwestern Bantu populations from Angola,
Namibia and Botswana, low to intermediate
levels of forager gene flow have been observed
(Supplementary Fig. 4A). Marks et al. (2015)
noted that the highest levels of forager introgression into Bantu populations are found to the
south of a boundary running southeastwards
from the Angola/Namibia border across northern Botswana up to the Mozambique/South
Africa border. Since this line represents the edge
of summer-rainfall, it might have retarded the
advance of Bantu-speakers relying on summerrainfall crops, favoring their interactions with
local populations (Marks et al. 2015). Other
factors may have additionally contributed to
this pattern, including a surfer-like effect commonly observed in range expansions, whereby
most signs of introgression with resident populations occur far from the source of the expansion
Re: Natasha Joubert - The New Miss South Africa 2023! (PICS) by Sepukku: 5:30pm On Aug 29, 2023
Lionessza6:

If I'm going to trial for the murder of my husband and I'm know I'm guilty, and I have enough connections and money to make sure that the outcomes of the court case are favourable to me. The judges, prosecutors and my legal team ( who are all in my payroll) could play opposing sides in the court even going as far as painting me as exposing my alduteress lifestyle. But at the end of the day, they have all been paid to make sure I get a lighter sentence or get away with the crime completely . That's what I meant by " predetermined ".

Terrible analogy. Nobody paid anybody for scientific studies. Most graduates who specialize in genetic studies obtain their PHD's when they are published and peer reviewed. This is why there a piles and piles of studies we can reference to when speaking about these sorts of studies.

This is conspiracy theory.

Lionessza6:

Only retarded Eauripens and a few dunderhead Africans would believe the 1900s published journals supporting the empty land theory grin. That's why in the 60s they shifted goalposts and came up with the " only the Khoe-San were here , and they were only in the Western " grin. Ofvourse, they are now on sparsely populated adding Xhosas and Swatis in the mix , soon enough they will revise it to add the dreaded AmaZulu grin grin. So don't entice me with that rotten fish grin grin. Khoe-San lineage goes as far as East Africa and we are supposed to believe that other pastoralists didn't wonder down South for centuries until Europeans came here ? Rubbish grin.

You are stuck in that Apartheid mindset. Only Afrikaaners perpetuated that myth. Most genetic, linguistic and anthropological studies support complex migratory patterns dating back to about 2000 years these include early migrations by pro bantu peopls and late migrations by your comtemporay Nguni- bantu peoples.

This is why I tell you to read neh!

Jaceblaze come and carry your sister from here. Her heart is filled with hate for the White man that she cannot think objectively outside of these biases

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Mr And Miss Albino Contest In Kenya (Photos) / Ellen Nielsen Stuns In Nigerian Attire / 7 Fashion Mistakes Common To The Nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.