Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,782 members, 7,831,523 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG (21344 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact / ₦58 Billion Disbursed To Poor Nigerians In 2 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 6:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
Does this man know what he's saying?
We have only 10,000 filling stations in Nigeria abi Niger?
The filling stations in Lagos alone, are they not more than 10000 or he meant 100,000
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Pwettylinda(f): 6:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
grin
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 6:24pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

You’ve no iQ CNG is. Cleaner , greener and Eco friendly world biggest economies are already diversifying to safe the planet you’re here talking about high cost of implementing the project . on the long run petro will cause more disaster to the planet 🌎. CNG is cheaper to petro and is safer to eco system .
Cleaner energy is electric vehicle. CNG still emits like fossil fuel
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
l don't think is true . It is not costly to set up . The kits not up to 150k. Except nigeria factor kicks in.
2, wear and tear is lie, as gas burn clean energy it won't have effect on ur engine ,infacts it prolongs your engine.
3 time change of oil is unconfirmed too
Loss of power lie.risk of explosion lies .
Do you think autogas is new innovation, do you know number of vehicles using autogas in India alone ?
Where is this idea coming from the gas run vehicle are clean? Is it no longer internal combustion engine? I'll like to be educated on this
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Alexious(m): 6:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If you take look at the following

High set up cost

Heavy wear and tear on your engine

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Risk if explosion during accident

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

need good maintenance . When compared to petrol, CNG is a highly combustible gas. Accidents can occur even if there is a minor leak from the CNG cylinder or fuel line. That is why maintaining a CNG vehicle is so crucial.

Let’s have a look at some tips to maintain your CNG Car:

Replace your spark plugs with CNG-compatible ones
Because they are responsible for fuel combustion, spark plugs are one of the most crucial components of an engine. Make sure you replace your spark plugs with CNG-compatible ones when installing a CNG kit. If you can’t find CNG-compatible spark plugs, you’ll have to narrow the distance between the spark source and the spark plug’s metal tip.

Unauthorized CNG kits must be avoided
Modern CNG automobiles come with factory-installed CNG kits, and it’s always preferable to buy a CNG car with a CNG kit already installed. However, the majority of individuals attempt to convert their petrol cars to CNG cars, and in the process, they wind up having a local mechanic install a CNG kit. Avoid using local dealers or mechanics to install CNG kits because this could result in leaks or damage to the car’s mechanicals.

Checks on a consistent basis
Check the cylinder and fuel lines for leaks or damage on a regular basis if you own a CNG vehicle. Overfilling the cylinder should also be avoided, as this can result in gas leaks. CNG leakage can be deadly because it can result in an explosion. As a result, you should inspect the cylinder for symptoms of damage or leaks on a regular basis, and if necessary, have the CNG kit serviced by a qualified technician.

Avoid Using Low-Quality Accessories
When installing a CNG kit, avoid utilizing low-quality parts. Check to see if the cylinder and fuel lines are of good quality and made according to industry requirements. Make sure the CNG kit you purchase is compatible with your vehicle. If the kit is incompatible with the automobile or of poor quality, there is a great risk of fire or damage to the car’s components.

CNG Car vs. Petrol Car
Mileage
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is used in CNG cars, and the fuel is measured in kilograms rather than liters.
When compared to a petrol car, a CNG vehicle has a high fuel economy.
For example, the Wagon R’s CNG version gets 32.52 kilometers per kilogramme of CNG. In comparison, the petrol model gets 21.79 kilometers per liter of petrol.
Engine Life
It is said that use of CNG fuel will make your engine lifespan shorter than it usually is. However, this is just another myth and misconception regarding CNG fuel. With the correct use of CNG kits installed in factories will help your car’s engine to live longer and work with more efficiency.

Modern CNG cars with factory-installed CNG kits are equipped with an ECU (Electronic Regulation Unit) that allows for precise fuel delivery control. The components of the engine are made keeping in mind about the fuel of CNG. Because of that the lifespan of the engine doesn’t get affected. With proper care and maintenance, you can have the most of your car and its engine as it will work smoothly.

Maintenance
CNG cars and petrol cars components that are used in the mechanics of the car are completely identical and same. However, the CNG kit is different. It includes things like the tank and fuel lines among all the other components of a CNG car. Both CNG and petrol cars require the same basic maintenance. But a CNG car requires more care and attention as it has many other components attached to it. The rest of the car’s maintenance is similar to that of a petrol car.

© 2023 All Rights Reserved | Vehicle Care

3 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by jayAjoku(m): 6:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
😂🤣😂🤣 I’ll believe it when I see it

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by BarrElChapo(m): 6:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
anonymous1759:

You’re just fabricating ideas to justify your criticism.
The entire world is leaving petro in few years so oil might be useless if Nigeria do not make alternatives for the future you’ll still be the one to complain that the government lacks foresight allow government do their thing it’s not by force to use CNG you can stick with your petro in peace without criticizing other things.

You noticed the “petro” 😂
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Alexious(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
serviced by a qualified technician.

Avoid Using Low-Quality Accessories
When installing a CNG kit, avoid utilizing low-quality parts. Check to see if the cylinder and fuel lines are of good quality and made according to industry requirements. Make sure the CNG kit you purchase is compatible with your vehicle. If the kit is incompatible with the automobile or of poor quality, there is a great risk of fire or damage to the car’s components.

CNG Car vs. Petrol Car
Mileage
Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) is used in CNG cars, and the fuel is measured in kilograms rather than liters.
When compared to a petrol car, a CNG vehicle has a high fuel economy.
For example, the Wagon R’s CNG version gets 32.52 kilometers per kilogramme of CNG. In comparison, the petrol model gets 21.79 kilometers per liter of petrol.
Engine Life
It is said that use of CNG fuel will make your engine lifespan shorter than it usually is. However, this is just another myth and misconception regarding CNG fuel. With the correct use of CNG kits installed in factories will help your car’s engine to live longer and work with more efficiency.

Modern CNG cars with factory-installed CNG kits are equipped with an ECU (Electronic Regulation Unit) that allows for precise fuel delivery control. The components of the engine are made keeping in mind about the fuel of CNG. Because of that the lifespan of the engine doesn’t get affected. With proper care and maintenance, you can have the most of your car and its engine as it will work smoothly.

Maintenance
CNG cars and petrol cars components that are used in the mechanics of the car are completely identical and same. However, the CNG kit is different. It includes things like the tank and fuel lines among all the other components of a CNG car. Both CNG and petrol cars require the same basic maintenance. But a CNG car requires more care and attention as it has many other components attached to it. The rest of the car’s maintenance is similar to that of a petrol car.

2 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Yomit71(m): 6:29pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I listed my reason ..Choose one and counter it please E.g Tell me why you think CNG can't wear down engines faster ?

Do something smart not this typical Nigerians hogwash..I dare you to counter one point
Are you being stupid, can't you see the advantages he listed up there.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Funkyswagzz(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
I thought its trucks the operate on CNG. This could be dangerous for commercial purpose in nigeria
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Alexious(m): 6:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
okeysoninv:
Explain
https://www.nairaland.com/alexious

I posted an article about CNG vehicles.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by oneMalik: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
Na you be MUMU .

I expect you to just tell us what you know .

SalamRushdie:
Just look at mumu govt ..CNG is more expensive in the long run
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by otipoju(m): 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

Very useless option. The risks are just too much. Prepare to see cars exploding and people dying needlessly

2 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Anny69: 6:31pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

The fact that you beleive there is something called climate change says all

Well take it from me Climate Change is nothing but a HOAX..Trust me there is nothing like that 😅😅😅😅😅
😭😭You're so ignorant.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Alexious(m): 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
otipoju:

Very useless option. The risks are just too much. Prepare to see cars exploding and people dying needlessly

https://www.nairaland.com/7743625/pros-cons-cng-cars
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
DevilsEqual:

That u even said "Nothing like climate change" in a public forum shows how ignorant u are

Your science and geography teacher should be skinned alive cheesy cheesy

Well I don't believe in that crap... The climate of the world has never been stagnant, it normal for the world to have different climates trimmings over time ... You are just a hook line and sinker guy that can't think on his own ..I am sure you even took COVID vaccine right? And you beleived the Ozone hole? 😅😅😅

Volcanoes have been producing gigatons of Co2 and sulphur dioxide from millions of years yet the earth hasn't ended and it's your internal combustion engine you think will break the earths climate 😅😅😅😅🤡🤡🤡

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Alexious(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Mossadd:
Another fat lie tinubu, ti gbepe awon aye

https://www.nairaland.com/7743625/pros-cons-cng-cars
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by kosiebe(m): 6:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I listed my reason ..Choose one and counter it please E.g Tell me why you think CNG can't wear down engines faster ?

Do something smart not this typical Nigerians hogwash..I dare you to counter one point
Nothing concern gas or fuel with engine wear and tear
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Poisonousman: 6:34pm On Aug 28, 2023
Reality3080:
y argue with an Igbo who has his mind programmed to hate

Give your eye to an Igbo man, once his mind is programmed to hate he will still talk down on u

Same way buhari ignored u is d same way tinubu will ignore u, if u like kill your self

You be real mumu.. tadpole.. everybody is now Igbo.. your hate will take you to your easily grave.. you done even dey die self no need
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by kosiebe(m): 6:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Where is this idea coming from the gas run vehicle are clean? Is it no longer internal combustion engine? I'll like to be educated on this
Don't mind that guy with he failed theories.
He knows nothing about engine

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Longinyamapucci(m): 6:37pm On Aug 28, 2023
Hope not Niger Delta Igbo gas he is dreaming of.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by XXMCIIV: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
!!
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by askolly(m): 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Humm, after 6month now, nobody will talk about it again
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:38pm On Aug 28, 2023
Anny69:
😭😭You're so ignorant.

Madam you are the ignorant one ...this is beyond your type of understanding so rest ...do you know how much volcanoes have put into the the atmosphere in millions of years ? And yet the climate is still sustaining life ? Climate change is an agenda just like your MRNA vaccine and most things around U but you can't see....the earth is filled with hydro carbons that self ignite from time to time dumping gigatons of Co2 and Sulphur dioxide in the air and this has been happening for millions of years yet the earth is still sustaining life's and you think it's your internal combustion engine that is just 144 years old that will damage the Earth's atmosphere?

Like I said many of your dont have the brainwidth to handle such talk

2 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:40pm On Aug 28, 2023
kosiebe:

Nothing concern gas or fuel with engine wear and tear

Do you even know the difference between a dry fuel and wet fuel...do you know your petrol contains a lubricant that protects your engineering sleeves? Do you even know anything other than repeating what you crammed in school?

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by FireUpNow(m): 6:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
See incompetence and mumuritu
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
Na dem go talk......yet na dem no withdraw body to implement am!
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by iHateFraudsters: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Your points are valid.

CNG, risk of explosion?

I hope you're not confusing LNG with CNG.

Do your research again.

I stand to be corrected though.

2 Likes

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by brownroofpipuar: 6:43pm On Aug 28, 2023
This is not the time to hear "to" we want "has"
Na "And" Abuja dey cause wahala so for PEPT
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by kosiebe(m): 6:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Do you even know the difference between a dry fuel and wet fuel...do you know your petrol contains a lubricant that protects your engineering sleeves? Do you even know anything other than repeating what you crammed in school?
Oga you don't know anything.
Fuel and gas ends in the carburetor.
Don't come here and assume nonsense for us
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Burob: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

High set up cost

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Wailer expensive indeed in the long run, is anybody forcing you to change to gas? It’s an alternative, just as solar is to.

Nonsense Almijiri, this same CNG that transporters in Benin City, have been using as far back as 2019?

Witnessed it with my eyes 👀 & was amazed.

So what you are yapping over is old news.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo PDP raises alarm over disappearance of collation officer / Electoral Act 84 (12): Appeal Court Stops Malami, PDP Gets Nod To Appeal / 2023: 11 Peter Obi Support Groups Dare PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.