Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG (21334 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact / ₦58 Billion Disbursed To Poor Nigerians In 2 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by princety24(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2023
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by lanrefront1(m): 10:35am On Aug 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Another 67 IQ clown .. GTFOH go and look for another clown to play with

Stop being obstinate do proper research on CNG instead of looking for and lifting criticisms of Cng online.

The only that's accurate among all you have said is that "climate change is a hoax"
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by lanrefront1(m): 10:37am On Aug 29, 2023
Raysleek:

Your vehicle has a temperature guage programmed to respond to exact temperatures. It will tell you the exact temperature of your engine. Oil is changed because over time carbon contents make it less viscous making it harder for the oil pump and oil filters and sump filters to supply oil to critical engine parts.
The less carbon content you burn based on the fuel you use, the more viscous or thicker the oil becomes prompting the need for frequent change. Thats why diesel engines oil turn blacker than petrol engine when used for the same distance. Diesel emmisions are also more blacker than petrol engines. But Natural gas has very very low carbon content thereby significantly reducing the rate at which carbon buildup in your engine oil thereby reducing servicing frequency reducing wear and tear and increasing engine life.
As regards engine power, yes engine power might be reduced in relative to equivalent amount of fuel because fuel is never fully atomized so whike running on petrol with bad injector nozzles and spark plugs your engine will make you feel nothing is wrong while in the real sense you are burning significantly fuel to get same performance.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorbeam.com/cng-cars-pros-cons-of-the-alternate-fuel/amp/
4000 cng = 20,000naira worth of petrol. If you do full tank petrol every week of 40k. Running on cng will save you 30k per week, 120k per month and 1.44 million per year on fuel alone.
A good review will always measure advantages against disadvantages. Any review that focuses on only one side is bias

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorbeam.com/cng-cars-pros-cons-of-the-alternate-fuel/amp/

My fear is that the Nigerian factor will creep and price of CNG will continue to increase as businessmen take advantage and the government allows them.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Raysleek: 11:15am On Aug 29, 2023
lanrefront1:

My fear is that the Nigerian factor will creep and price of CNG will continue to increase as businessmen take advantage and the government allows them.
Natural gas in home sourced and doesn't require refining like petrol products. Yes the initial capex is huge because all natural gas equipments are built to withstand high pressure, stress and the elements. No matter what, CNG will always be less than half the price of petrol. And lesser quantity of cng gives you more mileage compared to petrol.
That's 2 way savings. 3200 cng can give you 150-200km mileage. For petrol that's just 5 litres that can't even power your gen for a day.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by okeysoninv: 11:25am On Aug 29, 2023
providencia:

Cons
-The kits is more than 150k. It was 200k four years ago when I did mine. I hear its over 350k now
-wear and tear on the vehicle is not a lie because it add so much weight to the vehicle.Back suspension & exhaust do suffer. A car with cng has a stronger steering
-Petrol cars runs faster than cng so there is some loss of power.
- Using cng, you must still buy petrol
Pros
"As for the explosion, it's very hard for the cylinder to explode because of the sturdiness. I have not seen anyone that exploded.

Taxi drivers using cng makes more money than drivers using just petrol..."

I don't know if it causes wear and tear on the engine or if oil changes is 3x more.

This post is not to discourage anyone from using cng but to state facts i have experienced
I can get this kit for less than 150k in china , so I'm not exaggerating it , even at present hike in exchange rate. I have done the enquiry before. Another lie , doesn't add extra weight compare to filled petroleum tank. A tank of weight of 48kg it not much for a vehicle. The less is jargons.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kcpresh36: 11:26am On Aug 29, 2023
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by lanrefront1(m): 11:59am On Aug 29, 2023
otipoju:

Very useless option. The risks are just too much. Prepare to see cars exploding and people dying needlessly

This is a myth. Cars using CNG in Benin for about five years now. No explosions. Try and educate yourself.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by lanrefront1(m): 12:32pm On Aug 29, 2023
okeysoninv:
I can get this kit for less than 150k in china , so I'm not exaggerating it , even at present hike in exchange rate. I have done the enquiry before. Another lie , doesn't add extra weight compare to filled petroleum tank. A tank of weight of 48kg it not much for a vehicle. The less is jargons.

I believe he's talking about the cylinder-gas itself and not the gas that it will filled with. I watched a video of someone that converted cng; said it took to hefty man to carry the 65 litres cylinder used for 4 cylinders cars.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by providencia(m): 12:38pm On Aug 29, 2023
okeysoninv:

Anyway, you can get yours for 150k and see how it will play out for you. Good luck. Below is the recent info about cng

eghuan1:

Due to the fuel price increase, myself and some Bolt drivers in Benin City have set-up a WhatsApp group trying to find an alternative to fuel for our cars and to the beat of our knowledge, there were six companies the Federal Government gave permits to start the conversion of fuel to CNG for cars back in 2007/08 thereabout.

But it was only NIPCO that took the business serious and we're even installing for free but very few people took it serious due to lack of knowledge and proper public awareness by the government.

Well today, NIPCO charges 452k to convert one car but we were able to get a company in Lagos to come to Benin for us at cheaper rate but the company has been dragging leg for sometime now.

The guys at NIPCO even told us that if we even get the installation kit and do the convertion by ourselves, we will still come to them for verification to ensure there's no leakage and that standard kits were used.

Now the verification is not free. They're doing this because they're the only company in the country that dispenses CNG for cars. So you see, until, other companies come into the business to break the monopoly, it's going to be very difficult to do your convertion independently.

Very correct. Nipco gives their own card after installation and without that card you can't buy gas from them. Even cars that are factory installed cng cannot buy gas without that card
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by otipoju(m): 12:43pm On Aug 29, 2023
lanrefront1:

This is a myth. Cars using CNG in Benin for about five years now. No explosions. Try and educate yourself.

Benin and Nigeria no be the same.

We know ourselves and our love for cutting corners to make profit not considering the negative effect on other people.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by lanrefront1(m): 1:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
otipoju:

Benin and Nigeria no be the same.

We know ourselves and our love for cutting corners to make profit not considering the negative effect on other people.

Na the same company wey do am for Benin dey do am for Naija - NIPCO
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by okeysoninv: 1:28pm On Aug 29, 2023
providencia:

Anyway, you can get yours for 150k and see how it will play out for you. Good luck. Below is the recent info about cng

Very correct. Nipco gives their own card after installation and without that card you can't buy gas from them. Even cars that are factory installed cng cannot buy gas without that card
the nipco is just a criminal enterprise they don't want competitors because they are only people selling gas. Do you know that they are cars with factory fitted CNG .
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by okeysoninv: 1:34pm On Aug 29, 2023
lanrefront1:

I believe he's talking about the cylinder-gas itself and not the gas that it will filled with. I watched a video of someone that converted cng; said it took to hefty man to carry the 65 litres cylinder used for 4 cylinders cars.
weight of 76kg is nothing.you can Google the weight of 65litrs CNG cylinder

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imo Government Books All Hotels In Owerri Ahead Of Governorship Election / 5 PDP Federal Lawmakers Decamp To APC / Demand For Probe Increases Over Abba Kyari’s Daughter’s NSIA Appointment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.