Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG (21345 Views)

Prepare To Receive, Distribute 6,100MW Of Electricity In 6 Months, FG To Discos / Tinubu’s First 6 Months: FG, States Spend Hugely, Citizenry Not Feeling Impact / ₦58 Billion Disbursed To Poor Nigerians In 2 Months – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by adekolaelect(m): 8:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I didn't even bother to read your daft reply...oga say something smart
when you have a blind mind your eye and sense can never perform it's functions.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Taigaban: 8:44pm On Aug 28, 2023
It is better sometimes government do certain things quietly. This same government promised that CNG LPG will be available at 110 pet liter before end of June, but till now nothing. I feel real bad when government goes back and forth with no definite direction. Things like this could make government loose the support of the citizens.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Parachoko: 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kukutente23:
Does this man know what he's saying?
We have only 10,000 filling stations in Nigeria abi Niger?
The filling stations in Lagos alone, are they not more than 10000 or he meant 100,000
It will be more than enough to cater for the few Cars that will be running on CNG in the next 6 Month

Common Sense Kukutente23
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by tsdarkside(m): 8:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Where is this idea coming from the gas run vehicle are clean? Is it no longer internal combustion engine? I'll like to be educated on this

greenpeace people are just like vegetarians....

very stvpid peoples....
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Dsimmer: 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2023
Good.

Modular refineries should also be looked into. Modular refineries can be completed within a year. If 5-6 modular refineries can be worked on at the same time.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 8:52pm On Aug 28, 2023
Parachoko:
It will be more than enough to cater for the few Cars that will be running on CNG in the next 6 Month

Common Sense Kukutente23
Don't be daft. Go and read the Op. He said there are 10,000 filling stations in Nigeria. That's factually incorrect.
Besides, this man is banking his hope on CBN releasing a certain 250bn for his agency which is what he's clearly making a case for.
But i don't expect you to realise that as you be zombie
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by kosiebe(m): 9:06pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Do you know what a carburetor is ? How does fuel end in the carburetor when the carburetor is responsible for dumping the fuel in the piston chamber?

Some of you are even duller than I imagine
Oh my goodness.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by teepain: 9:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Cooling effect of volcano? I never heard of that. How does that work?

The poster, Anny69, is right in saying that volcanoes have both cooling and warming effects. They do these through different gaseous emissions. Warming through carbon related gases such as Carbon-dioxide and cooling through sulphur related gases. You can Google for more information on the phrase "volcanic winter".

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by chatinent: 9:35pm On Aug 28, 2023
For this, Tinubu is becoming wise.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by sirjomore(m): 9:36pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:
Just look at mumu govt ..CNG is more expensive in the long run
Care to explain??
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 9:46pm On Aug 28, 2023
teepain:

The poster, Anny69, is right in saying that volcanoes have both cooling and warming effects. They do these through different gaseous emissions. Warming through carbon related gases such as Carbon-dioxide and cooling through sulphur related gases. You can Google for more information on the phrase "volcanic winter".
Well the volcanic winter is not volcano cooling the earth. It's rather the sulphur content cooling the earth. It's not actually seen as a positive thing because it is attributed with the reduction in population immediately after volcanic activity
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by teepain: 10:10pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

Well the volcanic winter is not volcano cooling the earth. It's rather the sulphur content cooling the earth. It's not actually seen as a positive thing because it is attributed with the reduction in population immediately after volcanic activity

I guess we are saying the same thing. It is the volcano that generate the sulphur dioxide which becomes sulphuric acid when it mixes with water. It is the sulphuric acid that screens out part of the heat from the sun that reaches the earth surface leading to cooling. The claim that it leads to population reduction is anecdotal and is still being debated by research scientists.

However, my intervention was just to corroborate the poster that said that volcanoes have both cooling and warming effects.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by teepain: 10:12pm On Aug 28, 2023
Kukutente23:

In the same way, it is not the volcano warming the earth; rather it is the carbon emissions that warms the earth. In both cases, the volcanic eruptions emit gases that either cause warming or cooling of the earth through some phenomenon.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by BALLOSKI: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If you take look at the following

High set up cost

Heavy wear and tear on your engine

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Risk if explosion during accident

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

bullcrap!
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Kukutente23: 10:19pm On Aug 28, 2023
teepain:

In the same way, it is not the volcano warming the earth; rather it is the carbon emissions that warms the earth. In both cases, the volcanic eruptions emit gases that either cause warming or cooling of the earth through some phenomenon.
Is there any chemical reaction before carbon warms the earth? I get the point though but what was up for debate was climate change due to global warming and its effects. You'll agree the volcanoes have wider implication for global warming and climate change than cooling effect
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by BALLOSKI: 10:28pm On Aug 28, 2023
gaby:
Lol

Rigmarole and backsliding like Michael Jackson..

Dangote and him fellow roguish investors for the refinery project go just dey look all of una with a bombastic side eye.

Shey make dem begin drink the refined oil abi and if every country in the world decide to tow this line shebi every one of us go dey drink one glass of our crude oyel like milkshake for breakfast, another for lunch, and for dinner with a mix of agabdo, ewa, or cassava.

For those arguing about cleaner and more efficient energy usage above, I just dey laugh una.

Na who don chop belleful dey reason how clean energy wey him need to survive be.

The ones preaching and trying to pretend to live it now are leaving the world in the worse shape than they met it with their industrialization drive almost sorted. We wey never even begin wan emulate them.

In fact, the rate of explosions and avoidable deaths wey go follow this thing na him I dey fear.

Nigerians wey like cutting corners and always doing things without refulation/supervision.

Senseless criminals.
What's strange is, Nigeria depends on oil to survive but she's driving this kind of policy - obviously telling your buyers to stop using what you're selling since you don't use it.

No major oil producing nation is undertaking this step, except Nigeria.

People who destroyed the atmosphere to build their nations are the ones telling us things about cleaner energy just to keep developing nations down.

I see why Trump doesn't believe in global warming and I see why they won't allow him to come back.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Abifarin16: 10:32pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

If you take look at the following

High set up cost

Heavy wear and tear on your engine

3 times more oil change

Loss of engine power

Risk if explosion during accident

If you take all these into consideration CNG is far far far more expensive than Petro

Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia are looking towards gas and alternative power sources. Petrol is become extinct gradually. Don't forget that before petrol was discovered it was whale oil that was in use.

All what you are listing as the problem can be solved, beside multi energy source is good for the country.

Don't always see impossibilities in New ideas, don't be a the sky is falling type of person.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Knetpro(m): 10:42pm On Aug 28, 2023
Antoeni:
It is Amusing That People Expect a Man Who Lies About Everything including His Identity to Be True to Them.

Amusing is the greatest understatement of the year!!!

1 Like

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
Abifarin16:

Qatar, UAE and Saudi Arabia are looking towards gas and alternative power sources. Petrol is become extinct gradually. Don't forget that before petrol was discovered it was whale oil that was in use.

All what you are listing as the problem can be solved, beside multi energy source is good for the country.

Don't always see impossibilities in New ideas, don't be a the sky is falling type of person.

There are 1.4 billion registered cars Operating on earth today and of this figure only 1.3 perce not of them run on CNG yet you think petrol is going extinct?😅😅😅
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 10:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
adekolaelect:
when you have a blind mind your eye and sense can never perform it's functions.

Say something smart ..counter my points
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Abifarin16: 10:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
SalamRushdie:

There are 1.4 billion registered cars Operating on earth today and of this figure only 1.3 perce not of them run on CNG yet you think petrol is going extinct?😅😅😅

Like I said before petrol, it was whale oil.
Where is whale oil? Where is Kerosene? Who uses it to cook no? You cannot fight evolution.

The things you use now, five years ago where you using them? Look around you new things are replacing the old.

Life never stays the same for too long without drastic change, disruption must occur like the CNG and LPG by 2027 we will revisit this post.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 10:57pm On Aug 28, 2023
Raysleek:

you have 3 times less oil change because cng is the cleanest form of hydro carbon with less carbon content than petrol or diesel.
How will your engine loose power when cng has higher calorific value than petrol or diesel.
With almost 7000 cars running on cng since 2009 in lagos/ ibafo/ ibadan and Benin How many vehicles has had cng explosions.

CNG is what we call a dry fuel , the car you are converting is design to run a wet fuel like petrol which has a lubricant added to it to protect the engine sleeves and reduce friction..CNG doesn't have a lubricant so that means your engine cylinders will wear down faster and then your engine will produce more heat because of the friction and as you know more heat means your engine oil will lose its viscosity faster which means you need to change oil more frequently

As for loss of power it's well documented that a car converted from gasoline to CNG could lose upto 20 percent power and if your car is old like a 2008 higher mileage Camry like what most Nigerians drive then you might even withness more loss of power .

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Blaze232(m): 11:47pm On Aug 28, 2023
If this CNG project is sustainable, eco-friendly and affordable. I support the move.

Fuel and kerosene don show us shege since 1960
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by oshaosha2014(m): 1:22am On Aug 29, 2023
Natural disasters have been and will continue to be wether you release CO2 or not.

anonymous1759:

I don’t know you’re this daft I’ve given you my reasons why CNG is better you’re still saying thrash . CNG burns slower than petro and it’s cleaner to the eco system . The only risk is explosion if accident occurs . But everything has risk , it’s not by force to use CNG ok stop wailing like a frustrated soul .

Some people don’t still take flight ✈️, 🛳 or use cooking gas at home because of the dangers but other people still do it’s a thing of choice nobody is forcing ok stop being bitter .
On the long run Gas is still better , because you can Manage it but Petro will pollute the earth which can lead to natural disasters .
I’ll not waste time to educate you I’ve done my research on CNG the demerits are high cost of conversion which might go down when competition sets in and the explosion aspect of serous accident occurs but it’s purely optional .
The advantage is that it’s cheaper #5000 can fill up a 50 liter tank .
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Raysleek: 2:31am On Aug 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

CNG is what we call a dry fuel , the car you are converting is design to run a wet fuel like petrol which has a lubricant added to it to protect the engine sleeves and reduce friction..CNG doesn't have a lubricant so that means your engine cylinders will wear down faster and then your engine will produce more heat because of the friction and as you know more heat means your engine oil will lose its viscosity faster which means you need to change oil more frequently

As for loss of power it's well documented that a car converted from gasoline to CNG could lose upto 20 percent power and if your car is old like a 2008 higher mileage Camry like what most Nigerians drive then you might even withness more loss of power .
You have posted someone's reply on a question and answer forum not a verified research or a car manufacturers .

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Raysleek: 2:45am On Aug 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

Your vehicle has a temperature guage programmed to respond to exact temperatures. It will tell you the exact temperature of your engine. Oil is changed because over time carbon contents make it less viscous making it harder for the oil pump and oil filters and sump filters to supply oil to critical engine parts.
The less carbon content you burn based on the fuel you use, the more viscous or thicker the oil becomes prompting the need for frequent change. Thats why diesel engines oil turn blacker than petrol engine when used for the same distance. Diesel emmisions are also more blacker than petrol engines. But Natural gas has very very low carbon content thereby significantly reducing the rate at which carbon buildup in your engine oil thereby reducing servicing frequency reducing wear and tear and increasing engine life.
As regards engine power, yes engine power might be reduced in relative to equivalent amount of fuel because fuel is never fully atomized so whike running on petrol with bad injector nozzles and spark plugs your engine will make you feel nothing is wrong while in the real sense you are burning significantly fuel to get same performance.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorbeam.com/cng-cars-pros-cons-of-the-alternate-fuel/amp/
4000 cng = 20,000naira worth of petrol. If you do full tank petrol every week of 40k. Running on cng will save you 30k per week, 120k per month and 1.44 million per year on fuel alone.
A good review will always measure advantages against disadvantages. Any review that focuses on only one side is bias

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.motorbeam.com/cng-cars-pros-cons-of-the-alternate-fuel/amp/

Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by IamAsiri: 4:13am On Aug 29, 2023
anonymous1759:

I don’t know you’re this daft I’ve given you my reasons why CNG is better you’re still saying thrash . CNG burns slower than petro and it’s cleaner to the eco system . The only risk is explosion if accident occurs . But everything has risk , it’s not by force to use CNG ok stop wailing like a frustrated soul .

Some people don’t still take flight ✈️, 🛳 or use cooking gas at home because of the dangers but other people still do it’s a thing of choice nobody is forcing ok stop being bitter .
On the long run Gas is still better , because you can Manage it but Petro will pollute the earth which can lead to natural disasters .
I’ll not waste time to educate you I’ve done my research on CNG the demerits are high cost of conversion which might go down when competition sets in and the explosion aspect of serous accident occurs but it’s purely optional .
The advantage is that it’s cheaper #5000 can fill up a 50 liter tank .

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-there-a-perception-that-LPG-CNG-vehicle-engines-dont-last-long-compared-to-petrol-diesel-based-engines-Is-it-true?top_ans=98883521

I think you need to read more about CNG and digest it before making comments, so as to make informed comment about the subject.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by faebenezer5star: 4:50am On Aug 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

The fact that you beleive there is something called climate change says all

Well take it from me Climate Change is nothing but a HOAX..Trust me there is nothing like that 😅😅😅😅😅
you're correct, this white people don't care much about it they just be making noise for us.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Ikpeabujo(m): 5:20am On Aug 29, 2023
SalamRushdie:

I didn't even bother to read your daft reply...oga say something smart
you are a fool and daft one here
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Japastic: 5:51am On Aug 29, 2023
Islie:
The Federal Government has concluded plans to roll out 9000 autogas filling stations from the existing 10,000 retail outlets across the country under the National…

https://dailytrust.com/9000-autogas-filling-stations-take-off-in-6-months-fg/
Story no dey end.
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by Easylife1234: 5:56am On Aug 29, 2023
Good work
Re: 9,000 Autogas Filling Stations Take Off In 6 Months – FG by SalamRushdie: 6:53am On Aug 29, 2023
Ikpeabujo:
you are a fool and daft one here

Another 67 IQ clown .. GTFOH go and look for another clown to play with

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tonye Cole And Dakuku Peterside Visit Abdullahi Umar Ganduje / Patience Jonathan Is A Crude Woman, Says APC / Senator Shehu Sani Gifts Toyota Corolla To Constituency Member - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.