Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,387 members, 7,850,388 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:14 PM

132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter (28496 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022. / COVID-19: Saudi Plans To Repatriate Over 11,000 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Princewell2012(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
Coldie:
This is a BIG lie.

That's how we were made to beleive that over 3m NIGERIANs live in the US but their census figures show that it's not up to 1m.

Hmm I disagree with you, there are a lots of Nigeria in the US. It can even be more than the 3 million he mentioned. I know what am saying. Maybe you mean with those with proper document.

3 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Eriokanmi: 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
Burob:
Stay & build your country, lazy ones will always run to ready made societies.
That's if you have a good leader in government. We're not there yet. You can't build on corruption and expect progress. It will crumble. I can only wish them best of luck and advise them to make the most of the opportunity and represent Nigeria well.

My cousin was without jobs for almost a decade, likewise my bossom friend who got married nearly 15 years ago with 2 kids, no job. I took the two of them to America a few years back. Now, one has secured his green card while the other is doing fine. They've both built houses here in Nigeria. Which yeye leader will help them achieve this? Tell me. Rather, their children will be sent overseas to school with an automatic employment awaiting them after graduation while their blind supporters will be fighting over them.

When we have sensible leaders who truly care, you don't need to advise them to build Nigeria. They'd come back willingly.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by capetownboyz(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2023
Burob:
It cannot be an absolute, unless maybe you are speaking from a reflection of your existence?

Yet same Canada & The United States, that they supposedly fostered together is working.
keep using your slave masters as an example .. nothing will ever work in this country with the present major tribes .. I don’t know what u are thinking but face your front and don’t indulge me with your thoughts..

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by martinogeenz: 7:47pm On Sep 03, 2023
franchasofficia:
UK is the number one country most Nigerians migrated to in droves since 2022. US literarily shut their doors against Nigerians. Canada just started opening theirs middle of this year.

I want more Nigerians, especially the young unemployed graduates, the financially struggling Nigerians and the poor to migrate out of Nigeria to help boost our economy with their foreign remittances.

UK migration is doing more harm than good to Nigeria cos its mostly the middleclass Nigerians that are migrating to UK and spending fortune to do that, and at the end they remit peanut back to Nigeria because UK economy is very tough, they spend most of what they earn in the same UK unlike Nigerians living in other better countries of the world.
Uk is number one, Nigerians are also going to many places not only uk , if u add all it will be up to 1 million that is what I said , it doesn't require ur long epistle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Bluntemperor: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2023
ecolime:
This is both good and bad news.
Bad news because of brain drain.
Good news for Tech startups that target diasporans. More remittances and revenue

I love the ways you analysed it.
But let me ask questions here:
What is the Difference between the Nigerians Japa and the Chinese and Indian Japa?
While most Nigerians felt that,once they Japa,they would not have anything to do with Nigeria ,the Chinese and India are always Coming back to their Country to replicate the same Innovations and Technologies they have acquired!
So,why are Nigerians acting/ behaving to their Country this way?
Can there be Solutions to all these manners of behaviours?
Can the Leaders lead these NIGERIANS back to a better life at home?
Remember that there were some decades that the Chinese were riding bycicles only in their Continent then! But they stole most of the Western Secrets and replicate them in China and Indian Experts are doing same!
But,why is our own different?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Coldie(m): 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2023
Princewell2012:

Hmm I disagree with you, there are a lots of Nigeria in the US. It can even be more than the 3 million he mentioned. I know what am saying. Maybe you mean with those with proper document.
How I knew was based on the recent news that yoruba has been added to us driving license test.

Yoruba the biggest was at 145k, igbo the second was at 95k.
The third was benin at around 20k.

No matter how u add or subtract or divide theres no way this number can give u over 1m.

Prove me wrong

3 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 7:48pm On Sep 03, 2023
martinogeenz:

That is UK only not other countries, if u add all countries it will be up to 1 million
What is the percentage of 1million to 230million people, that is less than 1% of our population, it's lower than the amount of UK or American travellers. People travel worldwide, people have been traveling in Nigeria before you were born, it's nothing new.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by capetownboyz(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2023
Thekaghan:
Try it if it’s easy. You wish you are out of this shithole. grin grin
I guess I hit a nerve .. prisoner , go tell a UAE citizens to leave UAE and run away to UK and you will get the highest insult of your life . It normal for you keep to running after your slave masters cause they is nothing to hold onto in your enclave called Nigeria ..stupid fool .

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by martinogeenz: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2023
creativehubb:

What is the percentage of 1million to 230million people, that is less than 1% of our population, it's lower than the amount of UK or American travellers. People travel worldwide, people have been traveling in Nigeria before you were born, it's nothing new.
Ok, yes u are right,, if add all it will be up up to 1 million,

There are 195 countries in the world,not only us and uk

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Eriokanmi: 7:53pm On Sep 03, 2023
martinogeenz:

Uk is number one, Nigerians are also going to many places not only uk , if u add all it will be up to 1 million that is what I said , it doesn't require ur long epistle
Canada alone received thousands of Nigeria last year alone. Those living in Europe and America illegally are in millions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by IbotNugida(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
atleast the palliative go reach one mudu per the people wey remain for the country now...

2 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Princewell2012(m): 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
BoldBrainz:

It's not a lie. You should go to embassies in Nigeria to see the consistent daily crowds. Third cousin of mine moved with his family about 2 months ago.

Young and career driven Nigerians are leaving the country in droves. I'm still even here cause my money never complete..😁
Honestly I don't know why he said it is a lie I even thought it is even more.

2 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 7:55pm On Sep 03, 2023
martinogeenz:

Ok, yes u are right,, if add all it will be up up to 1 million,

There are 195 countries in the world,not only us and uk
Japa syndrome is a myth and fallacy...just online hype and a false cliche...the numbers of Nigeria applying for visas nationwide is less than 2% of our population, it's same or less than the percentage in other nations of the world, do your research. Travelling shows the people of the country are thriving, to travel you need money, most travel for business engagement, holidays, shopping, event etc...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
Coldie:
This is a BIG lie.

That's how we were made to beleive that over 3m NIGERIANs live in the US but their census figures show that it's not up to 1m.

You've been to any embassy lately?
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by AllenSpencer: 7:56pm On Sep 03, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Uk go soon explode.

This is an invasion, well I don’t blame them. The British invaded us first

They are not fools!

They raking-in the cash from applications
Getting cheaper labour to put to work, and
Tax benefits for the UK

Trust me, they know exactly what they are doing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by franchasofficia: 7:57pm On Sep 03, 2023
martinogeenz:

If you had sense at all, you ought to have realized that I never disputed your comment but was only airing my opinion that I even want more Nigerians to migrate to better countries; especially those struggling financially in Nigeria to help Nigeria's economy undecided

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by maasoap(m): 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
gammarays:

No be only new policy
It'll even increase with more people leaving to saner climes where things work.

You can screenshot and save for future reference

It is because you don't understand why the number is high. Educational visa which made provision for applicant to bring in dependants was responsible for more than half of this figure! That opportunity has gone.
Then, some of the remaining less than half will lose interest in applying. That's because, to further their education was not even the reason they applied in the first instance. To allow the dependants to work is the primary motive. Take that opportunity away and see the figure drop sharply.
So, you too should screenshot this and keep for future reference.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Eriokanmi: 7:58pm On Sep 03, 2023
creativehubb:

Those that travel will send in some foreign exchange back to Nigeria as well, either in form of investments or expenses for families in Nigeria etc. It is good for Nigerians to travel abroad, they gain skills, promote Nigeria and send in foreign exchange. People from other countries travel a lot too, not only Nigerians. Abusing your country online does you no good, because even if you travel, you won't be respected abroad. Travel but talk good about your country, for your own good and benefit. If we make people see Nigeria as a shithole, when you go abroad they will treat you with disdain. Some of the restrictions we see, it's due to the hype of the 'japa' syndrome, it will make everyone think all Nigerians are queuing to travel out... remember we are 230million people, the number of people applying for visas is still insignificant.
I'm not opposed to leaving the country, if it only makes sense. I travel a lot too. I've applied for visa and was never used , due to my tight schedule, what many are dying to get.

If you travel with sense and you know what you're doing, it's a good idea to explore opportunities in other countries and bring them home to utilise. I'm a beneficiary of this.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Coldie(m): 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2023
Emeskhalifa:

You've been to any embassy lately?
If only this year alone in the first quarter is 130k are u telling me that this year alone they received over 200k nigerians this year?

That means if u add other years it's over 1million?

If USA didn't get 1m for all their Nigerians over the years combined, how then will UK in less than 5years. It's not possible

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by adecz: 7:59pm On Sep 03, 2023
How come that our Japa people 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬
do not like heading to Japan🇯🇵🇯🇵🇯🇵❓❓❓

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Natbrowny: 8:01pm On Sep 03, 2023
capacino:
Imagine the millions that their applications were denied, rejected... the monies all gone

Loooks like a gamble . The ones that were rejected knows whats up frm the onset.

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 8:02pm On Sep 03, 2023
Eriokanmi:
I'm not opposed to leaving the country, if it only makes sense. I travel a lot too. I've applied for visa and was never used , due to my tight schedule, what many are dying to get.

If you travel with sense and you know what you're doing, it's a good idea to explore opportunities in other countries and bring them home to utilise. I'm a beneficiary of this.
Travel is a normal thing, worldwide, it's due to the poverty mentality that make some hype 'japa' syndrome...my point is make we no dey use our mouth caste our country, unless you wan change your passport.

2 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Charlesnwokwa(m): 8:03pm On Sep 03, 2023
Please can I convert my visitors Visa to work permit at Canada
Really need advice sirauthor=crossfm post=125555086]Hehehe.

Who no like better thing.

The most annoying set of people are the broke one's who do not have the means and resources to japa,and they are busy discouraging people who can.

I still repeat it,if you have the means and resources,pls Japa.

We have been hearing Nigeria go better for so long,yet it's getting worse as time goes by.[/quote]
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Charlesnwokwa(m): 8:06pm On Sep 03, 2023
Please is possible to convert my visitors Visa to working permit in Canada
Really need advice pls
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Naijanascam: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
And someone has been predicting about naira being stronger than dollar and pounds for some decades now without any input and plans..... and everyone will be shouting Amen like thunder
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by MT: 8:08pm On Sep 03, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/03/japa-132000-nigerians-got-visas-to-the-uk/

This British ambassador is a liar.

The UK Prime Minister justifies the visa fee increment openly that it is needed to pay for salary increment in the UK.

Why didn't he mention that?

3 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Cromagnon: 8:09pm On Sep 03, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Who no like better thing.

The most annoying set of people are the broke one's who do not have the means and resources to japa,and they are busy discouraging people who can.

I still repeat it,if you have the means and resources,pls Japa.

We have been hearing Nigeria go better for so long,yet it's getting worse as time goes by.
how e wanbetter if first eleven Japa
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by ImperialYoruba: 8:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
I don't trust the statement from High Commissioner. How many applicants do they interview per day, and how many out of that are approved? If they approved 132,000 in 6months, it breaks down to average of 1,000 a day. Is this reality? I doubt it.

They know our culture very well, we trust any statement given to us by a white person or from a white culture. They know we will never interrogate to the root of the statement to verify them.

The High Commission is reacting to the biting viral message that shared reality on ground. People on the ground in UK are telling us that migrants are duped into entering UK on promise of ready-to-work and warn people to stop entering UK.

This message means less applications, less revenue to the commission. You can imagine the amount of income to the Commission that will dry up with significant reduction in applications.

The 132,000 approved statement from them is a hook, thrown out to entice more people to apply, a false hope of success.

These Westerners are some of our enemies.

5 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Mosba: 8:11pm On Sep 03, 2023
Japa is the way

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Edusouls(m): 8:16pm On Sep 03, 2023
Mindlog:

I guess the N40K minimum pay in Nigeria is not slavery?
slaves are slaves I don tell u, home and abroad, our hope fulfillment and pride is serving the whites, cos within ourselves we are more detrimental slaves to each other, blacks are a race God dosent like so much, due to our very black hearts towards each other

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Bigchristo: 8:17pm On Sep 03, 2023
nlfpmod:

https://nairametrics.com/2023/09/03/japa-132000-nigerians-got-visas-to-the-uk/
Nigeria will keep losing their competent hands to other countries due to the poor salary structure and poor economy, you don’t expect a graduate with degree to come and be doing job where he or she can not account for a little savings in their bank accounts, I remember when I was working in a construction firm in Nigeria I can not even eat 3 square meal not to talk of saving any money, but I am doing the same construction job here in Abu Dhabi I do send an up keep money for my wife and kids including my mother and I still have little savings for myself, NLC are just a joke in that country they don’t represent the interest of Nigeria workers otherwise a country like Nigeria shouldn’t be paying level one in civil servants minimum wage of 30k which is about $33 dollars a month, I keep saying it everyday if the full Nigerians convert their salaries to either dollar or euro fight go burst for that country

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by MT: 8:19pm On Sep 03, 2023
Bluntemperor:

I love the ways you analysed it.
But let me ask questions here:
What is the Difference between the Nigerians Japa and the Chinese and Indian Japa?
While most Nigerians felt that,once they Japa,they would not have anything to do with Nigeria ,the Chinese and India are always Coming back to their Country to replicate the same Innovations and Technologies they have acquired!
So,why are Nigerians acting/ behaving to their Country this way?
Can there be Solutions to all these manners of behaviours?
Can the Leaders lead these NIGERIANS back to a better life at home?
Remember that there were some decades that the Chinese were riding bycicles only in their Continent then! But they stole most of the Western Secrets and replicate them in China and Indian Experts are doing same!
But,why is our own different?

Most Nigerians are economic migrant pretending as students.You can't give what you don't have

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Rapper Died Of Shock In UK, Post Mortem Shows (Pictured) / The Poor Condition Of Agbado-Crossing Road In Ogun State, Near Lagos / Top Exotic Visa-free Destinations For A Sumptuous Vacation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.