Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,249 members, 7,849,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:18 AM

132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter (28492 Views)

Germany To Deport 14,000 Nigerians; FG Gives Condition / Picture Of Emdee Tiamiyu On His Way To UK In September 2022. / COVID-19: Saudi Plans To Repatriate Over 11,000 Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Gerrard59(m): 11:23pm On Sep 03, 2023
Coldie:
This is a BIG lie.

That's how we were made to beleive that over 3m NIGERIANs live in the US but their census figures show that it's not up to 1m.

Nigerians and their braggadocio!

First, there was no news or information from the US embassy in Nigeria that there are over 3M Nigerians, first or second generation, residing in the US. That would have translated to 1% of the population, thus, increasing the Black population to 14-15%.

Second, it's not up to 1M because there are actually less than 400K Nigerians, both first and second generation, residing in the US.

Lastly, regarding the number of Nigerians allocated visas. The information is from the ambassador, so are you implying that a random Coldie should be believed instead of the official representative of the British government in Nigeria? Also, don't confuse visa issuance to Nigerians for the total number of Nigerians in the UK which is less than 300K.

Please stop being so boastful online with mendacious information.

3 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Gerrard59(m): 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2023
Princewell2012:

Hmm I disagree with you, there are a lots of Nigeria in the US. It can even be more than the 3 million he mentioned. I know what am saying. Maybe you mean with those with proper document.

That's not true. Three million Nigerians translates to at least one percent of the total Black population in the US. That would have generated reactions. Nigerians are not up to 1% of the total US population.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Gerrard59(m): 11:31pm On Sep 03, 2023
SSpeter:
I have been to Texas, and Chicago. Almost all the Nigerians I met came through visit. Even the Nigerian lady (Nurse) that attended to me at a hospital in Texas told me that her only legal document was the RN exam she recently aced. She came in as a visitor in 2012. I can comfortably tell you that it is ratio 4:1

So comfortable dishing out numbers without backing them with a reputable source of evidence?
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Gerrard59(m): 11:39pm On Sep 03, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Tell your sermon to millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets.

That man (MT) actually has the British passport and is a bonifade supporter of the APC. So don't be surprised. He has actually lived and worked abroad, so I don't understand the animosity he has towards others whose lives have been terrible in Nigeria in doing the same.

MT:
I have been living abroad for a quite a while and Im now planning to relocate to Nigeria to start something off.

How much do u think I will need to save before leaving abroad to make my would-be buisness triumph in Nigeria?.

Frank and serious contributions pls

It's funny how he calls others economic migrant when he was one, attained naturalisation and now kicks against them doing the same thing he did almost twenty years ago.

https://www.nairaland.com/7778685/why-apc-supporters-against-relocation

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 03, 2023
crossfm:
Hehehe.

Who no like better thing.

The most annoying set of people are the broke one's who do not have the means and resources to japa,and they are busy discouraging people who can.

I still repeat it,if you have the means and resources,pls Japa.

We have been hearing Nigeria go better for so long,yet it's getting worse as time goes by.
Selling valuable properties to japa

2 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by AllenSpencer: 12:15am On Sep 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

That man (MT) actually has the British passport and is a bonifade supporter of the APC. So don't be surprised. He has actually lived and worked abroad, so I don't understand the animosity he has towards others whose lives have been terrible in Nigeria in doing the same.

It's funny how he calls others economic migrant when he was one, attained naturalisation and now kicks against them doing the same thing he did almost twenty years ago.

Wow!

You dug-up his skeleton!!

🫡🫡🫡🫡

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by MT: 12:21am On Sep 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

You are simply as confused as your post. You are like a disgruntled kid that throws his toys out of the pram.

Look at the link you posted yourself - You called me a Nigerian-American. Now, you are calling me a British passport holder.

I am not the kind that comes on public forum to gloat but note this for good, you and I are NEVER on the same pedestal. We are so far apart.

You write like a jester and sometimes I genuinely feel sorry for you. It is pathetic that I live rent free in your head. Your post lacks credibility and you always cut such a pathetic figure. You had the time to even search for a post of more than 20 years to make a point that was not credible!. You are truly jobless and you need to get a good hold of your miserable life.

To you, holding a passport of another western nation is an end. To me, it is a means to an end. I wont brag about the number of passports I hold apart from Nigeria's own because a fool can own any of them. If you dont have a sought-after skillset, hold any passport in this world, you will still operate on the lowest rung of the ladder. I know you wont understand what I just stated because you are too silly to comprehend it.

PS: I have attached the screenshot of your contradictory post which you referenced yourself in this thread. You should be truly ashamed.

4 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Nobody: 12:48am On Sep 04, 2023
Omoawoke2:
Uk go soon explode.

This is an invasion, well I don’t blame them. The British invaded us first
You are not far from the truth. UK will be nuked.

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by gtassure: 2:46am On Sep 04, 2023
Burob:
Stay & build your country, lazy ones will always run to ready made societies.
Those leaving are not lazy ones ooo! These people are usually successful business men or career men and women@

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by gtassure: 3:04am On Sep 04, 2023
osothermal:
Let people be deceiving theirselves. I left a telecom engineering job to Japa. I swear thats t he best decision I've made in my whole life
It's because you are poor! These western countries are not heavens!

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by gtassure: 3:06am On Sep 04, 2023
osothermal:
Some cleaners in the UK earns approximately 23million naira per annum.
This man, you are a poor guy! Do Nigerians spend Naira in the UK?

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by gtassure: 3:10am On Sep 04, 2023
osothermal:
Ozwo I live and work in the UK.
Ode oya press calculator.
My 3 bedroom apartment is £625 per month
Electricity and gas. £100
Water £40
I don't pay council tax
Internet £50
Food is as cheap as anything
I don't pay a dime for school fees.
My total expenditures is less than£1200 per month.
I'm working and my wife is working.
This is for me . A 2 bedroom in some areas is as low as £450 with lesser bills. Just dey fool yourself there. I left a telecom engineering job in Nigeria to this place and that has been my best decision ever in life
You are still a poor guy! With income you are promoting can you successfully live a decent life in the UK? Average Nigerians build their houses and live a decent live without Govt support!

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by gtassure: 3:15am On Sep 04, 2023
MT:

You don't sound intelligent.

You are classified as a poor man in the UK. If you are into sciences like you claimed, before you became a cleaner grin grin, I will expect a modicum of intelligence.

Are these your entire expenditures, idiot? - Where is your NI, Taxes, Television Licence, Transport etc. Food is so cheap and individuals like you cant even enjoy decent lunch in a decent restaurant. Living like rats.

Pick your fight carefully as I am not in the same league like you. I see your kind many times over there and I can only pity how appalling you live while you gloat on social media.

Slave!
I said it!

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by gtassure: 3:28am On Sep 04, 2023
Tijani009:

With the billions stolen how many of our politicians have open a single business in nigeria, yes u a right we should be greatful to this slave masters
How do you expect thieves to build anything. Intelligent people don't steal money, they use their resources to build systems and make a world a better place. And that is what is missing in Nigeria@

2 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by jimotochukwuobi(m): 3:39am On Sep 04, 2023
CONTACT US FOR YOUR INTERNATIONAL DRIVERS LICENSE OR DRIVING ABSTRACT/DRIVING HISTORY VIA jimobi83@gmail.com
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by saysoo: 4:20am On Sep 04, 2023
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Adabestseason(m): 5:18am On Sep 04, 2023
It is high time,a state of new nigeria is created in the UK,so that we can move our patterns down there.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Mosba: 6:05am On Sep 04, 2023
Edusouls:
shameless race , always running to were una fellow human beings organized, but una no fit organize una place due to hate, wickedness, tribalism, religion , greed, blacks are a complete disgrace to themselves and humanity as a whole

Well since you are talking about your race I have no reason to be upset but your lack of knowledge makes you think only Africans migrate. Plenty white men are in Nigeria too
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 6:09am On Sep 04, 2023
osothermal:
Let people be deceiving theirselves. I left a telecom engineering job to Japa. I swear thats t he best decision I've made in my whole life
While others are returning from the UK to establish here, and start businesses. People travel because they want to make foreign exchange via work, some Nigerians make foreign exchange from Nigeria. Not everyone likes to live in a foreign western country, a lot of rich men here, their kids are abroad, they are here. You like abroad some like Nigeria. Enjoy your abroad in peace.

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 6:16am On Sep 04, 2023
osothermal:
Ozwo I live and work in the UK.
Ode oya press calculator.
My 3 bedroom apartment is £625 per month
Electricity and gas. £100
Water £40
I don't pay council tax
Internet £50
Food is as cheap as anything
I don't pay a dime for school fees.
My total expenditures is less than£1200 per month.
I'm working and my wife is working.
This is for me . A 2 bedroom in some areas is as low as £450 with lesser bills. Just dey fool yourself there. I left a telecom engineering job in Nigeria to this place and that has been my best decision ever in life
You are still a poor man in the UK living in a 450pounds house. The thing is, poor people don't know some average Nigerians make more than 3 million naira a month from businesses and services right here in Nigeria, and they don't have to work their ass off, pack shit and be treated like a second class citizen. In the UK you are at the bottom of the food chain, but as a poor man you were in Nigeria, you are compensated by seeing white people and fine environment around you. That your salary for UK wey dey make you feel funky...do you have 3000 pounds left a month after paying all your bills?

Don't think everyone is desperate and poor like you were in Nigeria, most of una, na village una from travel, that's why the small foreign exchange dey ginger you grin

I thought you were doing good, till I hear 450pounds house, na poor man area be that, in London selfcon or studio is from 600 pounds upwards monthly, and you will pay security deposit. No pride in slaving your life away, so many others make so much more with their brains. As una dey travel go help UK do their menial and hard jobs that their people refuse to do, na so others dey come back to Nigeria, after the neo enslavement tire them.

2 Likes

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Zuji15(f): 6:55am On Sep 04, 2023
Please can someone be kind enough to support me with data for my online business. 09030208879
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by UnfairLife7(m): 7:00am On Sep 04, 2023
creativehubb:

While others are returning from the UK to establish here, and start businesses. People travel because they want to make foreign exchange via work, some Nigerians make foreign exchange from Nigeria. Not everyone likes to live in a foreign western country, a lot of rich men here, their kids are abroad, they are here. You like abroad some like Nigeria. Enjoy your abroad in peace.
everything still boils down on the fact that Nigeria is a shithole country. Even your corrupt leaders run to those countries on a daily basis for different reasons that you know.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by UnfairLife7(m): 7:13am On Sep 04, 2023
creativehubb:

You are still a poor man in the UK living in a 450pounds house. The thing is, poor people don't know some [b]average Nigerians make more than 3 million naira a month [/b]from businesses and services right here in Nigeria, and they don't have to work their ass off, pack shit and be treated like a second class citizen. In the UK you are at the bottom of the food chain, but as a poor man you were in Nigeria, you are compensated by seeing white people and fine environment around you. That your salary for UK wey dey make you feel funky...do you have 3000 pounds left a month after paying all your bills?

Don't think everyone is desperate and poor like you were in Nigeria, most of una, na village una from travel, that's why the small foreign exchange dey ginger you grin

I thought you were doing good, till I hear 450pounds house, na poor man area be that, in London selfcon or studio is from 600 pounds upwards monthly, and you will pay security deposit. No pride in slaving your life away, so many others make so much more with their brains. As una dey travel go help UK do their menial and hard jobs that their people refuse to do, na so others dey come back to Nigeria, after the neo enslavement tire them.
Which average Nigerian make 3million a month? Lol. Maybe you tell that to those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets. He is poor, he is poor, bla bla bla but at least better than 70-80% of Nigerians living in Nigeria. An average Nigerian that we all know cannot afford 3 square meal daily. An average Nigerian that we all know don't have up to 500k in their bank account. I guess a stat was released sometime last year regarding that (less than 5% of Nigerian has 500k in their bank account)

Let me burst your bubble, 99% of Nigerians are willing and ready to leave this country if they have the opportunity. An average Nigerians are tired of this country and her corrupt leaders. Even your corrupt leaders with their stolen wealth keep running helter skelter to those developed countries for different reasons that we all know.

Allow him brag in peace, at least he is far better than most average Nigerians that doesn't know where their next meal will come from. He is mile ahead of most Nigerians with 30k minimum wage. He's better than most average Nigerians that got 1 cup of garri and beans as palliative from your corrupt leaders. He's better than most average Nigerians whose take home hardly take them home.

Come back in the next ten years and see where he will be compare to an average Nigerians that retrogress from frying pan to🔥🔥🔥

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by SSpeter(m): 7:15am On Sep 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

So comfortable dishing out numbers without backing them with a reputable source of evidence?
Okay apologies, perhaps I should have said the numbers were based on the number of people I interacted with.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by UnfairLife7(m): 7:19am On Sep 04, 2023
MT:

You are simply as confused as your post. You are like a disgruntled kid that throws his toys out of the pram.

Look at the link you posted yourself - You called me a Nigerian-American. Now, you are calling me a British passport holder.

I am not the kind that comes on public forum to gloat but note this for good, you and I are NEVER on the same pedestal. We are so far apart.

You write like a jester and sometimes I genuinely feel sorry for you. It is pathetic that I live rent free in your head. Your post lacks credibility and you always cut such a pathetic figure. You had the time to even search for a post of more than 20 years to make a point that was not credible!. You are truly jobless and you need to get a good hold of your miserable life.

To you, holding a passport of another western nation is an end. To me, it is a means to an end. I wont brag about the number of passports I hold apart from Nigeria's own because a fool can own any of them. If you dont have a sought-after skillset, hold any passport in this world, you will still operate on the lowest rung of the ladder. I know you wont understand what I just stated because you are too silly to comprehend it.

PS: I have attached the screenshot of your contradictory post which you referenced yourself in this thread. You should be truly ashamed.
Shame on you having other passport apart from our weak and worthless one. How they react when they relocate is none of your business. Allow them be. Tell your corrupt leaders that has stolen the future of an average Nigerians and that of their unborn kids to do the needful. Your corrupt leaders despite their stolen wealth run to those developed countries for different reasons that we all know. Focus on those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets. Allow those who had the means to relocate in peace and it's none of your business how they react.

Bloody hypocrite being Nigerian than others.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Snoolv360(m): 7:24am On Sep 04, 2023
The figure is small. Let's wait for the second half of the year
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 7:40am On Sep 04, 2023
UnfairLife7:
Which average Nigerian make 3million a month? Lol. Maybe you tell that to those millions of unemployed graduates roaming the streets. He is poor, he is poor, bla bla bla but at least better than 70-80% of Nigerians living in Nigeria. An average Nigerian that we all know cannot afford 3 square meal daily. An average Nigerian that we all know don't have up to 500k in their bank account. I guess a stat was released sometime last year regarding that (less than 5% of Nigerian has 500k in their bank account)

Let me burst your bubble, 99% of Nigerians are willing and ready to leave this country if they have the opportunity. An average Nigerians are tired of this country and her corrupt leaders. Even your corrupt leaders with their stolen wealth keep running helter skelter to those developed countries for different reasons that we all know.

Allow him brag in peace, at least he is far better than most average Nigerians that doesn't know where their next meal will come from. He is mile ahead of most Nigerians with 30k minimum wage. He's better than most average Nigerians that got 1 cup of garri and beans as palliative from your corrupt leaders. He's better than most average Nigerians whose take home hardly take them home.

Come back in the next ten years and see where he will be compare to an average Nigerians that retrogress from frying pan to🔥🔥🔥
I make more than that some months. You are still at the bottom of the food chain. A rat is a rat, even in heaven. Stop bragging when you are poor. Middle class in UK live in London apartments 2000 pounds a month, some Nigerian hustlers there too live that lifestyle. Stop abusing Nigeria because you are poor.

It's poor dumb people who depends on employment to survive in Nigeria that are craving to travel out, business men with two normal shops make much more than 3million a month. Stop bragging you are poor, in Nigeria you were poor, in UK still poor. Do you think everyone can live that austerity life, just work, chop and sleep grin

Can you afford to go to lounge, pubs, have a good time, or are you just existing there?

Work, chop, sleep and die. Mugu. It's saboteurs like you that hate their own country and enemies of Nigeria that release such fake data, young freelancers, young hustlers are making more than 3000 pounds a month from Nigeria, Ghana etc, you dey UK dey slave away dey brag, like na today people don dey go slave away in UK grin

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by maasoap(m): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2023
creativehubb:

Those that travel will send in some foreign exchange back to Nigeria as well, either in form of investments or expenses for families in Nigeria etc. It is good for Nigerians to travel abroad, they gain skills, promote Nigeria and send in foreign exchange. People from other countries travel a lot too, not only Nigerians. Abusing your country online does you no good, because even if you travel, you won't be respected abroad. Travel but talk good about your country, for your own good and benefit. If we make people see Nigeria as a shithole, when you go abroad they will treat you with disdain. Some of the restrictions we see, it's due to the hype of the 'japa' syndrome, it will make everyone think all Nigerians are queuing to travel out... remember we are 230million people, the number of people applying for visas is still insignificant.

The number is abnormally high with the way people describe overcrowding at the embassies.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by creativehubb: 7:53am On Sep 04, 2023
maasoap:

The number is abnormally high with the way people describe overcrowding at the embassies.
It's like you no understand ratios, I live in island, Lekki axis where most of the embassies are, I don't see queues in embassies as people make it seem. 230million is a lot of people, so you should expect people going abroad for education, holiday and trips from Nigeria to be naturally higher than most countries because of our population. If you want to travel, travel in peace. A lot that travel are returning back to do business, you can not work till you are 70years. Absolutely nothing to brag about doing minimum wage job earning 12 pounds an hour, you are still poor, even in Nigeria, that won't make you rich.

1 Like

Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by maasoap(m): 7:59am On Sep 04, 2023
creativehubb:

It's like you no understand ratios, I live in island, Lekki axis where most of the embassies are, I don't see queues in embassies as people make it seem. 230million is a lot of people, so you should expect people going abroad for education, holiday and trips from Nigeria to be naturally higher than most countries because of our population. If you want to travel, travel in peace. A lot that travel are returning back to do business, you can not work till you are 70years. Absolutely nothing to brag about doing minimum wage job earning 12 pounds an hour, you are still poor, even in Nigeria, that won't make you rich.
If you said that you don't see queues at UK or USA embassies, may be I will agree with you that it is not that bad. But forget about the 230 million people thing you keep mentioning. China, India, USA have higher population, they're not queuing at our embassies.
Re: 132,000 Nigerians Got Visas To The UK In First Half Of 2023 – Jonny Baxter by Voiceofthestree: 8:00am On Sep 04, 2023
Eriokanmi:
That's if you have a good leader in government. We're not there yet. You can't build on corruption and expect progress. It will crumble. I can only wish them best of luck and advise them to make the most of the opportunity and represent Nigeria well.

My cousin was without jobs for almost a decade, likewise my bossom friend who got married nearly 15 years ago with 2 kids, no job. I took the two of them to America a few years back. Now, one has secured his green card while the other is doing fine. They've both built houses here in Nigeria. Which yeye leader will help them achieve this? Tell me. Rather, their children will be sent overseas to school with an automatic employment awaiting them after graduation while their blind supporters will be fighting over them.

When we have sensible leaders who truly care, you don't need to advise them to build Nigeria. They'd come back willingly.

Boss please take me self to American I will pay you back whatever amount you want.... Invest in me and I will surely invest in others

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UAE Backs Down, Concedes Seven Flight Slots To Air Peace / Nigerian Rapper Died Of Shock In UK, Post Mortem Shows (Pictured) / The Poor Condition Of Agbado-Crossing Road In Ogun State, Near Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.