Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,326 members, 7,829,819 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

I Want To Divorce And Live Alone - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Divorce And Live Alone (47852 Views)

My Wife Is Seeking For Divorce And She Is Crying / Is It Right For A Lady To Live Alone? / Uncle Set To Divorce Wife After Plumber Removed 23 Condoms Blocking Our Toilet.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by koolaid87: 7:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:
Good evening fellow NL members,
My story may be long but pls endeavor to read to the end so that you can make proper suggestions or advice.

I have been married for more than 10yrs now with beautiful kids, my marriage is one that many Young guy will wish to have, but along the the line I don't know what happened things begin to nose dive. In the last 6yrs I discovered that I struggle to make love to my wife, she will either tell you ohh, she is tire or she don't like sex much..this I have endured for all this years with no cheating.
Her qualities are
She can cook
She can keep the house clean
She can manage resources
And she is accommodating to my people
In all this years I have never cheated on her, proudly saying it coz my dad warned me of cheating on my wife rather I should divorce her and go for another wife.

My qualities are
I work and earn like about 700k net a month.
I give feeding allowance and personal total of 100k a month while I invest the rest on a project which she is aware of.
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
and I am the best friend to her and my kids.
Honestly having talk to her for over 5yrs on this issues of love making and she refused to change, then I have decided to yield to my dad advice and ask her to leave...she is not aware of this plan, but trust me it will hit her.
I allow her to do little job to have her own finance is not as if she contribute anything in the house, but she is claiming stubborn, I love her so much, it will hurt me to cheat on her, something I have not done since I got married to her.
I plan moving to a new place in February, and she doesn't fit into my plans.

My decision between now and December is
1 Avoid asking her for lobe making
2 Continue taking care of her so she won't suspect anything
3 when she comes close I avoid her.
4 February I issues divorce papers and give her like 1m to go get her life back

Is there anything more I can do for her?
Advice me pls...

Wow, I'm a Man but truly women suffer in marriage.

You earned 700k and sort the house bills. You allow her do a little job which means she doesn't earn much, yet take care of the house and kids.

So 1m go sort her for life?

What about the projects? She deserves nothing from it?

You guys are married. She deserves half of that projects cos while you are making huge money, she is taking care of your kids and can only do little job.

Naija men, stop this madness of treating your wife less

If things go south, try and sort your soon to be ex.

God don't like ugly
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Iamzik: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2023
THEMORALMEN:
Why will divorce be an answer just because she has no interest in sex anymore.

She gave u all the qualities you desire. Now along the line she lost taste of sex and all u want is to divorce her

Come bra.....u don't need to divorce her.
All u need is a sex partner.
A very discreet sex partner
Dat will never know your bio or were you from.
Cos u will keep it all hidden

Pls take a break to a neighbouring state near you.
Get a hook up girl and make her ur sex partner.

And visit her every 4days in a month to get ur self relief 😌.

And once madam is back on default.
Then you do away wit ur secret sex partner.

Oshey baddest!!!
Take🙌

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Leilami: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
gabbasin:
Please don't do it, sex shouldn't be a yardstick for a lasting marriage, you can hardly come by ladies with these attributes of your wife, you may regret this decision you are about to make, If it's about sex I will recommend you have a side chick that will fill that gap. Let's face reality, having a side chick isn't a crime, they are there to fill a gap like this.

Yes, you are right, the same way with having a side-cock, right? when a woman finds herself in the same predicament as OP. married to men with low libido, one-minute man, etc. It isn't a crime too and those guys are there to fill a gap too, right?
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by KingLion007(m): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
Tell her you're taking a second wife who is sexually active and thank me later with her reaction.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by bigtt76(f): 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
I agree... A wife that did you no wrong save for the lack of forking, I would advise you both see a marriage counsellor. She may have been traumatised by sex in the past. Help her recover from it.

JONSYN7154:
Yes everything is wrong.

Why take advice from your father when him and your mother are enjoying their own marriage?

Think twice before divorcing her so that you won't regret it later.

My ten kobo advice.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by okoroemeka(m): 7:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:
My story may be long but pls endeavor to read to the end so that you can make proper suggestions or advice.

I have been married for more than 10yrs now with beautiful kids, my marriage is one that many Young guy will wish to have, but along the the line I don't know what happened things begin to nose dive. In the last 6yrs I discovered that I struggle to make love to my wife, she will either tell you ohh, she is tire or she don't like sex much..this I have endured for all this years with no cheating.
Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources
In all this years I have never cheated on her, proudly saying it coz my dad warned me of cheating on my wife rather I should divorce her and go for another wife.

My qualities are
I give feeding allowance and personal total of 100k a month while I invest the rest on a project which she is aware of.
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night
Honestly having talk to her for over 5yrs on this issues of love making and she refused to change, then I have decided to yield to my dad advice and ask her to leave...she is not aware of this plan, but trust me it will hit her.
I allow her to do little job to have her own finance is not as if she contribute anything in the house, but she is claiming stubborn, I love her so much, it will hurt me to cheat on her, something I have not done since I got married to her.

Advice me pls...
what you must understand is that nobody is perfect,your wife have 7/10 and you are complaining,if you divorce her and marry a sex machine that don't have those qualities your wife have,will you mange or divorce that one also?for a man to have Mistresses or cocumbines is permitted even in the Bible,I don't see the reason sex will make you chase away a good woman,she may have reduced libido due to child bearing or age which is not even her fault,you are making good money just rent a small self con and use as a love nest,trust me you will be a happier man with a very happy wife and family
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
gabbasin:
Please don't do it, sex shouldn't be a yardstick for a lasting marriage, you can hardly come by ladies with these attributes of your wife, you may regret this decision you are about to make, if it's about sex I will recommend you have a side chick that will fill that gap. Let's face reality, having a side chick isn't a crime, they are there to fill a gap like this.
You people are very wicked. So you recommend he cheat on his wife rather than divorce her outright? If his wife had taken to cheating on him in order to meet, say her need for a companion, rather than divorcing him, would you have also smiled at that? undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by drnoel: 7:24pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Feeding and personal allowance to a tone of 100 I is really a joke. That much can't buy any thing anymore
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
THEMORALMEN:
■ Why will divorce be an answer just because she has no interest in sex anymore. She gave u all the qualities you desire. Now along the line she lost taste of sex and all u want is to divorce her
Come bra.....u don't need to divorce her. All u need is a sex partner.A very discreet sex partnerDat will never know your bio or were you from.
Cos u will keep it all hiddenPls take a break to a neighbouring state near you. Get a hook up girl and make her ur sex partner.

And visit her every 4days in a month to get ur self relief 😌. And once madam is back on default.Then you do away wit ur secret sex partner.
So rather than having OP do what ought to be commonsense which is divorce his wife since he is done with the relationship, your advice is that he instead cheat on her? No wonder your women now freely cheat on your folks since they have resolved to take the same advice you lot give your kind. The problem is being the hypocrites you are, you whine and complain about them doing what you also do to them. undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by gabbasin: 7:26pm On Sep 12, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You people are very wicked. So you recommend he cheat on his wife rather than divorce her outright? If his wife had taken to cheating on him in order to meet, say her need for a companion, rather than divorcing him, would you have also smiled at that? undecided
Face the reality, in this clime, it's a man's world. He's the bread winner, the more he takes care of the family needs.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Advocate1810(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Maybe something is wrong with her spiritually,physically and morally. She might be hiding something for you. Don’t give her a dime from your hard Labour. She didn’t deserves that.

Advice me pls...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:28pm On Sep 12, 2023
gabbasin:
Face the reality, in this clime, it's a man's world. He's the bread winner, the more he takes care of the family needs.
He is the bread winner so he should commit adultery? I don't blame you lot. I blame the women who reduce themselves to engaging your kind in anything more than "Hello...Goodbye!" undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by smasher1(m): 7:29pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

I am not divorcing to remarry, I want to be alone and be free. Thank you

Lies. If you want to leave a partner because the sex drive is low, you can't stay alone. Tell us you have a woman, you are eyeing 👁️👀. But like my earlier post, not all that glitters is gold 🥇🪙. You would later regret leaving a woman with low sex drive for someone else. Sometimes, we all should be content with what we have. We all are not perfect. The lady in question is not deliberately wicked. She just wants a quiet life. Learn to live that way.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by solla22: 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2023
You want to Divorce because "no sex"
shior.. you think the one you are going to meet will not have other problems that will chase you ?
You say you dont want to re-marry.. so how do you want to get the sex...
We know wetin dey do you....

Most Married women .. after child birth will have a drastic reduction in sex drive... many married men can tell you that.

Dont run away from an oncoming bicycle and jump in the tracks of an on coming train o

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Mozhac(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
If you are christian. You are allow to divorce your wife on the basis of cheating. According to (Matthew 19:9), I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another woman commits adultery. From your write up she's not a cheating wife rather is sex that's the problem. Communicate with her, it could be she does too much work that gets her tired. Find way to help her so that the stress will reduce and she have enough energy for you.

ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by smasher1(m): 7:33pm On Sep 12, 2023
Acidosis:
You no try, sir. You earn 700k and all you have to spend on your family with kids is 100k every month, leaving your wife to cook, clean, wash, do nanny work and market runs, and probably still do her regular job, and you expect her to give you hot sex? With which energy, please? The same energy you could have preserved by spending extra 50k on a good cleaner or cook?

Give yourself a heavy knock on the head.

I saw that. With 700k and kids, I don't expect him to spend anything less than 300k on the family monthly. This is a problem he may be causing, not knowing he is the problem. And the wife is silently coping. The moment another woman comes in and discover he is not ready to spend, he would enter very serious problem that he never saw in his wife.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by LOVEGINO(m): 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

I am not divorcing to remarry, I want to be alone and be free. Thank you
I dey ur back bro.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by smasher1(m): 7:38pm On Sep 12, 2023
Acidosis:

You're the du m.b one, clearly. Your earning is useless if it doesn't reduce the burden and workload in your home.

Stingy criminal.

Some men, don't know that women are not wired to suffer, like we may do. Give a woman money and she would ask for more. And you are being stingy all because you have a project and she's not giving him stress. He wants to leave her and is asking for opinion. All I know is that he is thinking of another woman and she would make his comfortable life uncomfortable once she settles in. It's just a matter of time.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Decarbonisation: 7:41pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

Ok.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
Mozhac:
If you are christian. You are allow to divorce your wife on the basis of cheating. According to (Matthew 19:9), I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, AND marries another woman commits adultery. From your write up she's not a cheating wife rather is sex that's the problem. Communicate with her, it could be she does too much work that gets her tired. Find way to help her so that the stress will reduce and she have enough energy for you.
Rubbish claim! Stop trying to shove your ideas on those who don't even care for it. undecided

By the way, if you had a grasp of logical reasoning, you would have figured out that rather than what you claim, it is remarriage that is instead restricted, not divorce, in that verse which you quoted. The key is in the AND-ing of the first stating to the next one - meaning both conditions have to be met for a violation to be said to have occured. undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by TheBTCinvestor: 7:42pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

You dey M*D ni? did you not read the part I said I am investing on a project she is aware of? Does that not tell you it was our agreement to give her that?

Mod: This project is costing me over 7-8 by end of 2024 where the dividend will start flowing in?

Your a very stupid and foolish man..cos of ordinary sex u want to divorce a good woman that have kids for u. How do u reason? If sex dey hungry u..there are many hot girls out there that can be ur side chic...ur utterly idiotic mister man undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by promami: 7:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
Don't divorce her because of sex since you said you guys have a happy home.
Like other people pointed, try to reduce her workload and see if there'd be improvement, maybe she's usually too exhausted and unable to explain to you.
You can do this by either hiring a house help or get a family member either from her side or yours to live with you and help out. Maybe that'd make her to have more time for you.
Also try to get her on a therapy. Take her on a vacation, introduce aphrodisiacs to her intakes and see what would happen.

Don't divorce her because of sex. You'll prolly regret it when you're alone. At the end, you'll realize sex is not everything. But a happy home? Nothing beats it.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Yahoodelababe: 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2023
You said you don't smoke
You don't drink
Because u don't do any of these , that is why you sex too much to cover for the two you don't do. You are the problem But u want to divorce the poor woman for having a normal sex drive. Your sex drive is too much try engage in little drinking with friend to distract your mind from sex sometimes.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Caaz: 7:51pm On Sep 12, 2023
LOVEGINO:
I dey ur back bro.
You dey his back...when will you have sense at your miserable age?
Your brain didn't synch you that a home is about to be broken,the innocent kids will be the ones to bear the brunt of the divorce.

A foolish and selfish man who termed himself as a husband about to destroy his home with his hand because of his stupid high libido.

Common sense should have told him to seek for hole diggers outside.

And you're stupidly egging him on by saying...I dey your back.
Gaskiya you're an Im.becile
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Sep 12, 2023
promami:
Don't divorce her because of sex since you said you guys have a happy home.
Like other people pointed, try to reduce her workload and see if there'd be improvement, maybe she's usually too exhausted and unable to explain to you.
You can do this by either hiring a house help or get a family member either from her side or yours to live with you and help out. Maybe that'd make her to have more time for you.Also try to get her on a therapy. Take her on a vacation, introduce aphrodisiacs to her intakes and see what would happen.
Don't divorce her because of sex. You'll prolly regret it when you're alone. At the end, you'll realize sex is not everything. But a happy home? Nothing beats it
After 13 years of marriage and 3 kids to boot, he has yet to realize sex is not everything. What makes you think anything else can convince him at this point? Marriage isn't meant to be a do-or-die affair abeg! undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by eepeepook: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
Open a Nairaland account for madam, let her give her own point of view. From what I’ve read, you’re literally an angel without faults. No be so things dey for real life. I can’t give any advice without her side of things.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Konjiboii: 7:54pm On Sep 12, 2023
All this plenty headache over a simple matter, she is a good woman by every description you just gave, don't ruin your home over a miniscule thing. My advice for you is to stay with your wife and kids , but wet you dick outside once once. For your sanity sake. It's easy to divorce but it have a nasty ripple effect that it's better to just cheat las las.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by desgiezd(m): 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
One fact you need to know is that no marriage is perfect. If you divorce your wife and you are not marrying again, what happens if you keep dating the wrong ladies. Here's a lady who's not giving you problems and she also has good attributes according to you. Find a way to manage your wife and also consider your children. The effects on the children will be immeasurable. Both you and the lady may not be able to find happiness after the divorce.
Be wise and keep your wife. Millions of men are wishing they could have someone like her.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Zeel007: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

Her qualities are
She can cook
She can manage resources

My qualities are
I don't drink or smoke
I don't keep late night

Advice me pls...

@ Adura123 i have a feeling that you might ruined your family including children by that decision. Call your own family and her own family, and tell them exactly how you feel and what you've planned for her, towards divorce, and how her not satisfying you has affected you.

Honestly, I don't always put mouth in peoples marital affair. But i just have a strong feeling you will regret alot, honestly, maybe is because of your children am even typing this. Please in the name of God, I don't know you and have never met you, please call the family to interfere, dont divorce your wife
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
Caaz:
You dey his back...when will you have sense at your miserable age?
Your brain didn't synch you that a home is about to be broken,the innocent kids will be the ones to bear the brunt of the divorce. A foolish and selfish man who termed himself as a husband about to destroy his home with his hand because of his stupid high libido.Common sense should have told him to seek for hole diggers outside. And you're stupidly egging him on by saying...I dey your back.
Gaskiya you're an Im.becile
Oh come on! Not you too! How is adultery commonsense where marriage is concerned? What happened to the so-called morality-upright Nigerians who claim they are better than other races were morals are concerned? It seems the decay is deeper than even the eye can see. undecided

Divorce is the legal and commonsense approach in this situation, yet over 95% of posters here don't seem to see that. That should be a marker to reveal how severely damaged marriage culture in Nigeria truly is. undecided
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Konjiboii: 7:56pm On Sep 12, 2023
ADURA123:

My dad hates cheating, but support divorce...my mum is late

You better live your life and forget popsi, when it comes crashing down and your kids start to resent you na your head go carry am. Just low-key have a side piece and enjoy your lovely home jeje.
Re: I Want To Divorce And Live Alone by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Sep 12, 2023
eepeepook:
Open a Nairaland account for madam, let her give her own point of view. From what I’ve read, you’re literally an angel without faults. No be so things dey for real life. I can’t give any advice without her side of things.
Good luck.
Does it matter what she has to say at this point? Marriage isn't meant to be a prison sentence for anyone including OP. So why una dey try force am when he don check out tay tay! undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (23) (Reply)

Photo Of Food Items Bought For A Bride's Family / Doll Jenkins Celebrates 100th Birthday With Two Male Strippers / How Can I Control My Sex Craving Toward My Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.