Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,364 members, 7,954,477 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:00 PM

Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard (6200 Views)

Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. / See What I Just Discovered From My Girlfriend..viewer Discretion Advise / I Just Discovered What My Fiancee Has Been Hiding (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Johnbosco7: 10:42am On Oct 17, 2011
Fellow Nairalanders I have been dating these girl for some times now, but all these days she has been lying to me that she don't take alcoholic drinks.
On several occasion in the process of chating with her friends they told me she drinks heavily but i refused to believed that because i have never seen her taking alcoholic drinks before. I just discovered yesterday night that she is heavily drunk and i can even perceive it my self. I don't take alcohol and have promised my self that i can never get married to a girl that drinks, this is because i know what drinking has done to my dad. I have so much fell in love with this lady and about proposing to her, so I don't know if at all it is worth it and I will welcome advise on ways to make her stop drinking. Thank you all as you advice me on what to do.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Dyt(f): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2011
talk it out wit er
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Creamish(f): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2011
Yeah . .conversation helps . . if she no gree, move on. Ur decision to marry someone who does not drink seems cemented.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by tellwisdom: 12:15pm On Oct 17, 2011
Send me her number angry angry

1 Like

Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2011
OP i hope say she n o dey smoke igbo on top of am? grin
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by lindabon: 12:44pm On Oct 17, 2011
HOw to avoid/stop drinking alcohol  shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

hmm. . . . . interesting
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by kpolli(m): 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2011
Start drinking and learn how to view the world from her point of view
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Johnbosco7: 2:23pm On Oct 17, 2011
Thank you all for the advice so far, but sincerely I still need more advise because I am so confused right now. What are the likely problems to face as a result of getting married to a girl that drinks heavily but doesn't smoke. Please I will like to know before I take my decision.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Blazing88(f): 2:36pm On Oct 17, 2011
@op talk to her about.
If she promises to quit, monitor her cos most drunks find it very hard to quit. if she wouldnt quit, then leave her.
Its better to ve a failed realationship dan a failed marriage!!!
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by lailaiwala: 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
dont marry her. shes a liar a drunk. are you stoopidd!
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Nayah(f): 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2011
Sincerly, if you love her try to help her by making her recognized as a alcohol addict then go with her to meetings talking about that, and support try as your best supporting her
Now it's a very very tough and harsh position, being along with an alcoholic but if you want her to figure this out with her it"s good but you have to know that it's a very painful situation

The question is: Are your love and patience big enough to figure this out
But I wouldn't blame you if you prefer leaving her, because you have to think about your future as well
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by omega25red(m): 4:18pm On Oct 17, 2011
kpolli:

Start drinking and learn how to view the world from her point of view
grin grin grin agabya buruku

poster

alcoholisim is not easy to deal with. The first thing is to find out if she actually thinks she has a problem then go from there. If she doesn't think she has a problem, then your relationship is as good as done because you would have to take Kpolli's advice in order to make it work.
I dont know where you are located but in some western countries there are alcoholics annonymous programs she can attend and gradually quit if she really is commited to quitting.

Alcohol is also a drug and drugs are hard to kick when then get a hold of you i wish you the best but if you do proceed you will need lots of patience or take up drinking yourself
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Skii(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2011
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. You have a girl you love so much. She probably kept it from you because she didnt want to hurt/lose you. Now that you found out?
Nobody is perfect, including you. If Alcohol is her problem, then deal with it, its too early to think of scramming because of one little misperfection. The person you would leave her for nko? What if that one smokes wEEd? You will look for another?
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by lexicon(m): 4:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
lefulefu:

OP i hope say she n o dey smoke igbo on top of am? grin

U no well @ all
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by chines4(m): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2011
Help her to stop, If she wants to stop. I like taking my beer once in a while. But I don't lie about it. beside if you don't like it have a nice day
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by pkv(m): 4:52pm On Oct 17, 2011
Op make u tank God say no b syrup she dey sip sef, she myt b d wrong person bt d most important ting is she luvs u ryt and datz why u luv bak bak.bsides 4rm personal xperience i know women dat shak r xplosive in bed, dat matters 2 me.as per d lie lets just presume is situational
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by BloodShed1: 5:05pm On Oct 17, 2011
You can't change her, this is who she is.

BOUNCE!!
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Ayowumie(m): 5:11pm On Oct 17, 2011
Blood_Shed:

You can't change her, this is who she is.
That is a lie. It will be like saying that there is no salvation. Change is the only constant thing or did you forget that?

pkv:

Op make u tank God say no b syrup she dey sip sef, she myt b d wrong person bt d most important ting is she luvs u ryt and datz why u luv bak bak.bsides 4rm personal xperience i know women dat shak[b] r xplosive in bed[/b], dat matters 2 me.as per d lie lets just presume is situational
oh boy, see where conversation dey go oooooooo.

Blazing88:

@op talk to her about.
If she promises to quit, monitor her cos most drunks find it very hard to quit. if she wouldnt quit, then leave her.
SECONDED!
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by llexie: 5:19pm On Oct 17, 2011
Blazing88:

@op talk to her about.

I will like to support this, but at the same search your heart very well, if you can cope with the situation go ahead. If you cannot cope with it don't marry her.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 17, 2011
lmao, i love you kpoli,

Op, not everyone is going to turn out like your dad, Free the girl abeg, unless she has a drinking problem, then maybe u don't want to deal with that,

would you feel better if she abused prescription drugs instead?  
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Affieta(f): 5:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
if she told u before u found out,4give her n tell her d effect of alcohol
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by cold(m): 5:38pm On Oct 17, 2011
@op the greatest mistake you'll ever make is to think you can change her. You'll only be deluding yourself. If she wanted to change,all this time you've been together & knowing your stance on alchohol is enough reason for her to have a rethink but alchoholics don't change,ok may be 1 in every 10,000. Take this from someone who knows.
Once again let me reiterate,do not dissipate your energy on a futile venture. I couldn't stress this enough
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Roland17(m): 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2011
cold:

@op the greatest mistake you'll ever make is to think you can change her. You'll only be deluding yourself. If she wanted to change,all this time you've been together & knowing your stance on alchohol is enough reason for her to have a rethink but alchoholics don't change,ok may be 1 in every 10,000. Take this from someone who knows.
Once again let me reiterate,do not dissipate your energy on a futile venture. I couldn't stress this enough

And who says she can not stop, in as much as it has become a habit (which are like leopard spots) it does not mean it can not be controlled, the situation needs courage, patience and resilience.

Health wise, the effects of alcohol on a woman are very devastating and tend to be long term, if you intend to severe the relationship based on her alcoholic nature i would say that is purely your decision that is not well thought.

If you don't drink and smoke, have you considered that you must also have irritating habits that she is also putting up with? if you truly love someone and the feeling is mutual you would fight for it.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by kolexy(m): 5:55pm On Oct 17, 2011
You want to marry a drunk,

Flee my brother.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by BabaEleko(m): 6:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
Funny enough i cant hook up a girl that doesnt drink. Drink socially is a must for me.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by r231(m): 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2011
she is omo jaye jaye grin grin
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Opoki(m): 6:24pm On Oct 17, 2011
@OP: tell her the story of Amy Winehouse, i'm sure she will change,
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2011
Alcoholism is one of the more manageable ills I'd find in a woman if you ask me. Who needs a teetotal with, for instance, an addiction to other 'treacherous' activities? I'm sure it's something you can deal with.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 17, 2011
Its funny how ppl come here and talk of love love love, please check divorce statistics again before advising someone to do something based on emotion again, SHE MAY NEVER CHANGE, if you cannot cope wit it,now is the best time to move on with your life. on the other hand, you can come back next year and start another thread that your alcoholic wife refused to change.i'm sure we'll be willing to help you still
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by dustydee: 6:57pm On Oct 17, 2011
Johnbosco7:

Fellow Nairalanders I have been dating these girl for some times now, but all these days she has been lying to me that she don't take alcoholic drinks.
On several occasion in the process of chating with her friends they told me she drinks heavily but i refused to believed that because i have never seen her taking alcoholic drinks before. I just discovered yesterday night that she is heavily drunk and i can even perceive it my self. I don't take alcohol and[b] have promised my self that i can never get married to a girl that drinks,[/b] this is because i know what drinking has done to my dad. I have so much fell in love with this lady and about proposing to her, so I don't know if at all it is worth it and I will welcome advise on ways to make her stop drinking. Thank you all as you advice me on what to do.
undecided undecided you answered it yourself
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by emzyzoz(m): 7:00pm On Oct 17, 2011
Just talk it out wit her.thts bad for a supposed wife to be anyway,but ur decision is finale on this.its beta sorted out now.
Re: Please Help, I Just Discovered My Girlfriend Is A Drunkard by cycline404(m): 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2011
just know one thing the only imposibilites in life is to change someone, She can only change if she has decided to, So its a real fact u av to pray about for God to change her, she is a lady, she will ever be a social drinker, !

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Accept N5m Cash Gift? / Guys See Why You Should Consider Dating A Calabar Girl / I Mistakenly Entered Ifunanya My Neighbour Wife Room When She Was Naked (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.