Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,456 members, 7,830,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy (38631 Views)

Jade Slavin To Find Love Because Of Her Height (photos) / 12 Signs Of True Love In A Relationship / Man Born Without Thighs Finds Love In Woman He Met On Facebook In New Mexico (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by uche87(m): 6:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
Finding a meaningful relationship in the United Kingdom is daunting. Most relationships here are highly sexual and short. This could be attributed to several reasons this piece doesn't intend to delve into. Due to the cold weather and the lonely nature of this country, even the most decent people gradually inculcate the habit of dating for the fun of it. As soon as the first squabble happens, pride kicks it, and both parties use the exit doors. But people still find love. I did!

Below are viable channels you could use to find that special person. I will divide them into sub-sections namely: low possibility and high possibility channels. I will also give you the best based on my personal experience and knowledge.

(A) Low possibility channels:

(1) Dating apps: This is the most common place new immigrants go to seek romantic relationships. They go as far as paying for subscriptions in order to access the top features of the apps. To the best of my knowledge, the majority of the people there just want to taste a variety of meals. There will always be resemblances of genuineness, and originality, but it only goes one way which is - south. Being black, being a student, and being new in the system are mostly undesirable characteristics in the UK dating pool. It takes so much commitment and time to meet an unserious person on these apps not to talk of a serious one. This wastes valuable time and a prolonged ugly experience could affect your perception of life.

(2) Workplace:

Work is the oxygen of 98.9% of immigrants in the UK. Most people unconsciously spend 70% of their time at work. Circumstantially, they stand to develop feelings for people they tend to see every day. I call this the 'BBNaija Syndrome'. This is the wrong direction to search for your missing rib. First of all, people gossip a lot in this part of the world. Office romance is a very hot gist and everybody wants a share of the news. This has made women very careful about workplace relationships. Even if it is genuine, people will give it a randy outlook which might affect the progress of the relationship.

(3) Night clubs/pubs:

This is another easy option for newbies. This is also the worst option in my view. This is the den of the kind of people rapper Olamide referred to as "Awon Omo Wobe". Women who make ridiculous allegations against men are headquartered in pubs and nightclubs. They have the capacity to either send you to prison or back to your home country. Meeting decent women here might have worked for some people, but your chances here are as low as Chelsea's chances of winning the English Premier League.

(4) School:

This would have been an ideal place to build romantic relationships, but women are not naturally wired to date people on their level. They only date their peers when the chips are down. African women especially need that person who is in a vantage position to shield them from harsh life realities. Again, the way people disperse after lectures at the postgraduate level needs academic research. It is another low-possibility area for me. Additionally, at the postgraduate level, most of your classmates will be married.

(B) High Possibility Channels:

(1) Social gatherings:

If you are single, don't miss out on social gatherings when available to attend. The UK is too busy, lonely, depressing, and stressful. Local parties like birthday parties, weddings, naming ceremonies, and other forms of get-togethers, constitute safe spaces for immigrants. It gives them a sense of belonging and relaxation. Try and mingle at social gatherings; just wear a bright smile and socialize with people. This is a very effective channel.

(2) African churches:

Some pastors treat their churches like a family. They know their members closely and seek avenues to bring them together. This might not be easily obtainable in a white-dominated church. These pastors also reportedly matchmake people and offer general assistance to members. African women rever religious leaders. If a male janitor asks a lady doctor out outside the church, she might bluntly say no. On the other hand, if her pastor says it is the way to go, she will likely grab him with both hands.

(3) Relationship pages on social media:

This idea is like a diamond in the dirt. There are some fast-growing relationship pages on Instagram namely LDFAfrica, Joro Olumofin, and others who are in the matchmaking business. These pages have huge followings on social media and they give you access to amazing people. You can make a sponsored post and target the ladies in their 30s. Those ones are more mature, mentally stable, and understanding than most of their counterparts in their early 20s.

(4) single mothers:

This is a very unpopular opinion, but the idea is gold. Give the single mothers a chance. A mother of one in her twenties or early thirties is recommended. The majority of them in the UK are apparently not in demand. People only offer them short-term contracts and never extend them. This has affected their self-esteem, thereby strong-arming them into eating any meat that is available. They just go wherever the wind takes them and the traveling experience is ever turbulent. If a young man approaches them with a credible offer, the person would be treated like he just found the cure for HIV/AIDS.

THE BEST OPTION:

(5) Referrals:

Referrals have a success rate of 80% in my opinion. It is like getting a recommendation letter from a reputable person for a job. This is how it works; whenever you meet decent and reasonable people, tell them you are single and need to get married ASAP. They might have someone in their class to introduce to you. Most times, because the reputation of someone of high repute is at stake, both parties work hard to make the relationship work. A friend of mine - a former support worker and student was introduced to a medical doctor in his second month in the UK. The lady had everything but a man. They are happily married with a baby girl today. This is just one of several testimonies recorded through referrals.

Osahon George Osayimwen is a UK-based journalist. He has an incurable addiction to writing.

82 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by TemplarLandry: 6:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
cool
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by abba190: 6:36pm On Sep 12, 2023
grin grin grin look at this man hahaha. na this this fat thing u find nd u r telling people how to find love in uk

143 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Reminderz: 6:45pm On Sep 12, 2023
lol love? the op made it sound as if they are looking for diamond... why the fuss? men don't look for love, they find their purpose and focus on their mission, and this automatically put them in the situation where they will be the one to choose who they want to commit to from the options available to them...

lol the options you gave seems quite funny... most times you actually see someone who's worthy of your time when you're not looking, just make sure you lead with your brain and never ignore the red flags.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Ikennaford: 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2023
All dem uk babe love sexy guys, just be tall, well built, nice teeth and bright eyes like mine, you gonn fvck all of'em... Na uk I visit and see say white olosho deh select customer, if you not attractive, she's not fuckin,, but other africa ladies can fvck anything just give them shikili money,

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by nepapole(m): 6:58pm On Sep 12, 2023
There is no love in the uk.

There is no serious person here... Weyrey ni everybody.

76 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
You can find love anywhere...... โค๏ธ

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by STEWpid(f): 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
Chai..

UK is already a casted entity!

I never liked the place except for summer vacations. I cannot permanently reside there. Mba!!!

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:08pm On Sep 12, 2023
nepapole:
There is no love in the uk.

There is no serious person here... Weyrey ni everybody.
Lol. cheesy

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by callmevirus(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
Ok
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by specialmati(m): 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin why are people looking for love like its lost.give out love and get love in return.never forget love is selfless

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by iamtardey: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
Abeg e don tey wey I see kulikuli wetin dey sup na

2 Likes

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by sofeo(m): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
Alright
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Badguy77(m): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
The mod wey ban me.. Weldone o my God will fight my battle

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by SultanOfPuna: 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
If Konji wan wound you for UK
Just order olosho from naija
Arrange her flight from Lagos to London

After you knack her
Fly her back to Nigeria... Simple

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Timagex(m): 10:10pm On Sep 12, 2023
Wrong illustration picture. That doesn't look like love at all.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Timoleon(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
Reminderz:
lol love? the op made it sound as if they are looking for diamond... why the fuss? men don't look for love, they find their purpose and focus on their mission, and this automatically put them in the situation where they will be the one to choose who they want to commit to from the options available to them...

lol the options you gave seems quite funny... most times you actually see someone who's worthy of your time when you're not looking, just make sure you lead with your brain and never ignore the red flags.
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by ecolime(m): 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2023
Give the single mothers a chance. A mother of one in her twenties or early thirties is recommended. The majority of them in the UK are apparently not in demand. People only offer them short-term contracts and never extend them. This has affected their self-esteem, thereby strong-arming them into eating any meat that is available. They just go wherever the wind takes them and the traveling experience is ever turbulent. If a young man approaches them with a credible offer, the person would be treated like he just found the cure for HIV/AIDS.

shocked shocked shocked

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by NwaNimo1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2023

6) I hear say if you approach any white woman wey dey fat and pass 40 just, say 'Hello' and she go say 'I will marry you' for servicing in exchange

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Chibuzoc(m): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2023
grin
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by ThiefnubuBandit(f): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2023
Over here in Rio de Janeiro, finding love is as easy as anything.

9 Likes

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by bestman09(m): 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2023
You want to eat your cake and have it.
Focus on what took you to UK, which is money. If you want love, come down to Naija.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Bmaster(m): 10:16pm On Sep 12, 2023
the best love you can ever find is the love of God.,I came in peace,but I am ready for war!

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by FuckTheMod: 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
As a guy,
Wherever and however you find love, just don't find it a SLรšT, OLOSHลŒ, girls with multiple bodycount and exes because,

THESE GIRLS HAVE NO LOVE TO GIVE.

In fact, you'll only be wasting your time and life. Forget the pretense and the lies.
There's absolutely nothing to love and cherish in something that has been used, rubbished and dumped by multiple people...

BEFORE YOU FALL IN REAL LOVE, TRY TO DIG HER PAST.
THE MOST IMPORTANT INFORMATION A GUY NEEDS TO HAVE ABOUT A GIRL IS HER PAST.
DIG IT
KNOW WHO SHE IS AND WHAT SHE'S DONE...

JUDGE HER WITH HER PAST.
DON'T BE FOOLED...

EVEN GOD WILL JUDGE US BY OUR PAST IN THE END.

In whatever you do, don't wife a girl you don't know her history and sexual past.
THE BEST OF ALL IS THE ONE WITH A SEAL...

37 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Streetmovement(m): 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

I can never live in the UK, I can only visit.

I fit knack but love is a no no.

I got other countries in mind ahead of the UK so it's not on my list

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Eriokanmi: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
abba190:
grin grin grin look at this man hahaha. na this this fat thing u find nd u r telling people how to find love in uk
True love radiates from the heart. Physical attributes will disappoint you, if it's your basis for choosing a spouse

8 Likes

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Tecnophone: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2023
thanks for the update
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by pol23: 10:20pm On Sep 12, 2023
Uk people.
Una no dey let person restโ€ฆ.
Nigerians and different palavaโ€ฆ
OP was talking about finding love in UK.
And many people on here already saying I canโ€™t live in UKโ€ฆ. Who ask you?
Uk call you?
Dem send you invite.
This una classless class na whala.
Well!
God bless Nigeria.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by JimmySwaggart(m): 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2023
Breakfast comes in different spices and taste. After all said and done, all road leads to uncertainty. I don't wish my enemy breakfast from a foreign partner. They will use some manipulated laws to kick ur ass into the street.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by ignis: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
Interesting
Re: How To Find Love In The UK, ONE Secret Strategy by Stargirl13: 10:22pm On Sep 12, 2023
Thanks for the expo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

So Many Men Are Dating Women Who Donโ€™t Like Them / Spiritual Husband:unknown Problems Of Women / Tips To Differentiate Between A Loving Girlfriend And A Pretender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.