Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,671 members, 7,823,897 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police (32431 Views)

Dangote Says His Ex-Girlfriend Tried To Extort $5 Million From Him / "We Are Called Chief Security Officers Only In Name" - Gov. El-rufai (VIDEO) / Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Yankee101: 11:56pm On Sep 13, 2023
Extortion of anyone is illegal

3 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by TheRealestGuy(m): 12:02am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
God bless u

Same here

Once they have searched your phone n documents n they see u ain’t illegal they will just humbly tell u to find them something

Me n my guys don dey checkpoint before they free us n later hold some guys well well n those guys were begging

This is a very myopic opinion.

However the good thing with people like you is Nigeria will happen to you or your loved ones, sooner or later.

And when it does we will tell you to shut up with your lies.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by 1x2x3: 12:08am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga keep quiet

I repeat police knows d criminals

They have stopped me many times n I don’t give them a dime, once u are a young boy with car n u can present your ID card , proof of what u do police will never embarrass u

I have never been embarrassed before n I take my phone anywhere I go

A case happened at access bank someday, police were outside d bank doing stop n search I didn’t even know till I was about to go out of d bank n some boys told me police are outside cos they themselves have been waiting for d police to leave

I told them I am not a yahoo boy, I went out they searched me n left me but those boys couldn’t come out

Guy police know who dem dey find, if u b legal police no fit extort u

I stand on my word

So is it legal to extort proceeds of crime and let the criminal go?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Mosba: 12:22am On Sep 14, 2023
Exploitation and Police officer in the same sentence? No wonder young Nigerians are on the run to eurooe

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Starzo: 12:22am On Sep 14, 2023
blackgold2018:
im a legit hustler. Allow the law to catch up with them. But Not through that extortion method.

Mr man.. you are just jealous of the yahoo boys. That’s all

No 'legit' hustler accuses others of being 'jealous of yahoo boys'

You're most definitely a Yahoo boy

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by olaremint(m): 12:25am On Sep 14, 2023
It happens all over the world , once u are known to be involved in shady lifestyle, u will definitely get crooked police officers on your tail.
It takes two to tango, no police would dare stop me on the road, u cannot be a thief and expect to be treated like a saint.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Gentlelife50(m): 12:36am On Sep 14, 2023
What a country?
Yeye, what happened to charging them to court?

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by DaddyGngeess(m): 12:43am On Sep 14, 2023
This is very funny shall
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Blitzerz: 12:43am On Sep 14, 2023
Dem don talk am

Na only military coup fit cure this govt madness

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by zedegit: 12:52am On Sep 14, 2023
It means he's justifying extortion.

What of the story of a young man shot by Police because he refused to pay #5000 trending on Tiktok?

According to the source, he was in the company of his mother. They entered from abroad where there's sanity only for animals to cut him short.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by NAC1666: 12:54am On Sep 14, 2023
treesun:

https://guardian.ng/news/officers-only-extort-young-nigerians-with-ingenuine-means-of-income-police/
Am. Not surprised, because I don't expect much from him.he can only give what he has

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by lesbiconverter: 12:56am On Sep 14, 2023
EmirofAfonjaz:
Can you just Imagine the Thinking or thought process of people that are in positions of authority?

This is the name of the IDIOT "Olumuyiwa Adejobi". That should tell you alot about , how they think.

very Foolish set of people...spits cool
Your own people would rather cannibalize them
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by dontrulee: 12:58am On Sep 14, 2023
Rubbish people.
I remembered one time I was traveling from my ex place in Saki to Ilorin. It was few weeks after my graduation and some policemen stopped the vehicle and asked me to come down. I came down and the foolish police man was asking me irrelevant questions like, is she your wife? Is she your gf? You dey Fvck am? Which work do you do? Bring your bag I want to search it. Where did you see money to buy iphone 12? Very crazy and irrelevant questions that I was so pissed off. I eventually left unscathed without giving a dime as I had mastered the art of whining policemen and other armed forces. I don't know why police would always ask me to come down and search me despite the fact that I dress very simple like an average guy. That was then Sha

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Goddyrichie(m): 12:59am On Sep 14, 2023
treesun:

https://guardian.ng/news/officers-only-extort-young-nigerians-with-ingenuine-means-of-income-police/
na why I no Dey pity dem when dem kill any police una know hw life b 4 PH wenti Icelanders guys Dey use una do

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Morphinne: 1:03am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

We all know d truth but we take delight in lieing to ourselves

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

Which work is a university drop out with no job doing to suddenly buy Lexus?

Which work is a university student doing to build hostel in his school?

What work is a jobless person doing to suddenly start flaunting flashy things?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate
So, a police man collecting his own share of the stolen proceeds is the best way to deal with the criminality plaguing our society according to you and that lun@tic because I honestly don’t understand this pattern and process of thought.
I honestly don’t know what to say to both you and the police officer. You deserve so much insult but I won’t do that, I want to assume that you’re being ignorant.
If this isnt jealousy, then you would have known that police officers collecting money from these criminals will only embolden them to keep on doing their criminal activities rather than correct them because they already know that nothing would happen if they get caught since they have the money to bail themselves out.
Ppl like you are one of the many ills ravaging this country. You’re obviously not bothered about the atrocities of yahoo boys but just jealous that you can’t measure up because it’s very evident from ur writeup. It would have made sense if you had said that yahoo boys should be arrested and given heavy fines/community service and that EFCC should ensure that every cent stolen is returned to the scammed victims but the problem today is that no agency is arresting these criminals sincerely, everyone is doing it for personal gains in a typical case of dogs eat dogs.
I strongly abhor people like you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by rickleye: 1:03am On Sep 14, 2023

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by rickleye: 1:06am On Sep 14, 2023
Yankee101:
Extortion of anyone is illegal

Exactly yahoo or not.
It’s the way your dress and talk . They will extort you

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by AfroBeatDiary: 1:36am On Sep 14, 2023
Including the bike riders.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by naijaking1: 1:38am On Sep 14, 2023
The same officer who gave alibi to MC Olumo for killing Igbos during the election.
Adejobi, it shall be well.

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by kokoA(m): 1:48am On Sep 14, 2023
1x2x3:

So it's legal for police men at check points to collect share of criminal proceeds and then let the criminal go?
Your reasoning is just like the police man that made that reckless statement. If you think he is a fraudster and you have the evidence, why not arrest him and let him be charged to court?

Are you aware it is a crime to knowingly share from proceeds of a crime? Are you aware those Police are now as guilty as the so called fraudster? Be logical and sensible, the system is too decay to the extent you wrote such abominable things in the name of supporting extortion of criminals by the police and letting them go.
Oga just shut up abeg. If you haven't experienced it then thank your God and keep shot. I hate police men morethan the devil aswear, if you know what I went through ehn.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by hardcore007: 2:01am On Sep 14, 2023
grin Are you sure ?
Cos shit is fvcking hilarious grin

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by wildernessVoice: 2:07am On Sep 14, 2023
When a nation is rule by criminals;
criminality becomes Legit

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by bluefilm: 2:10am On Sep 14, 2023
Ofunaofu:
Imagine a police spokesperson making justification for the illegal extortions perpetrated by men of the Nigerian police force

It's finished

How did we get here

Truly, it is finished.

There was a country indeed

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by cjudy(m): 2:12am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
police will never embarrass u if they checked your phone n everything n they found nothing incriminating on it

Lets tell ourselves d truth, police only insist on collecting something when they know u are illegal

Once they know u ain’t illegal d highest they will do is tell u to give them something
You’re a big fool I swear. Infact you’re a nigeria police officer for saying this rubbish. Why will a police officer search your phone at first? Oboy you get sense at all?
Have you ever travel out of this shithole? It’s a disgrace sharing country with a dumb head guy like you. I swear, you need civilization. Look at the nonsense you’re talking. Chai if I Dey naija and happen to meet you, I will tear you apart for this particular nonsense you just commented. Like are you daft?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Blitzking: 2:16am On Sep 14, 2023
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by VaginaAcademic: 2:18am On Sep 14, 2023
Shebi Keke drivers are illegal earners

2 Likes

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by cjudy(m): 2:19am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
tell me d job a legit person will do with dreads n tattoos?

I mean someone who relates with people from all works of life

Someone who deals with
Managing directors
CEO’s
Lawyers
Doctors
Pastors
Engineers n co

Tell me how a man who does business with at least these sets of people can b on dread n tattoos?

Leave d insults n let’s face reality

The kind of business I do makes me meet different sets of people so I know more than u can say, I once had an apprentice that is always on face cap, many clients complained about it n some even thought maybe he’s a criminal trying to hide his face

One client told me point blank that I shouldn’t bring him to his house anytime we plan coming, if people can complain about a guy wearing face caps all d time so u are saying if u work with reasonable people they will see dread n tattoos as normal abi?

Many of u are still in d university so I won’t blame u
Reading your comment here is a disgrace to the whole federation. So the only work in the world is what you just mention? Footballers don’t keep dread, Boxers, Musicians, actors and actress. I’m ashame to have a country with you.

Don’t worry, soon it will happen to your family, soon and soon, the same people you support will kill a member of your household soon in the name of labeling him yahoo boy, I believe you will change moniker to cry foul here.

I already scam and check you and see you’re a police officer, so continue, one day you will meet your doom

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by chaloskyx: 2:21am On Sep 14, 2023
thats highly commendable from a zoo that many think is a country🤣🤣
Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Sheriman(m): 2:21am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
This is just d bitter truth many Nigerians will never want to agree with cos blacks like to lie to themselves a lot

Me n my friends have been stopped many times n I realize the only thing those police officers care about is what u do for a living n a proof of it, once u can present these things they will just tell u to find them something

But u see all those yahoo boys, imagine a small boy driving a Benz with his name on it n he doesn’t have any proof to what he does/did to acquire that, then police will extort him cos he’s into shady things

I just laugh when some people talk about police brutality, don’t let us lie to ourselves everyone knows d criminals among us….enter anywhere be it eatery, mall or anywhere n u will b able to recognize youths that are into shady things

From d lousy wear to useless hairstyles to different piercings n tattoos police identify them easily n once they know they are guilty then they will have to pay

Before u quote me ask yourself if all these things are lies, even my 7 year old neighbor son can point a yahoo boy on d street by observing his dressing alone

We all know d truth but we take delight in lieing to ourselves

Which work is a secondary school boy from a poor home is doing that is making him use a phone of 400k?

Which work is a university drop out with no job doing to suddenly buy Lexus?

Which work is a university student doing to build hostel in his school?

What work is a jobless person doing to suddenly start flaunting flashy things?

People will turn a blind eye n even tag anyone that tries to question them “ jealous “ “envious “ bad belle n co not knowing they are emboldening criminals

In Nigeria we celebrate the thief n insult the police but when our property gets missing we call on d same police we hate
Our society has totally gone since the day we started encouraging fraud, glorifying fraud, justifying fraud and making excuses for fraud.

1 Like

Re: Officers Only Extort Young Nigerians With Ingenuine Means Of Income – Police by Bettergoat: 2:35am On Sep 14, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga give us d name of d person

At least for him to collect award he’s not unknown

Give me d persons name or pictures

Na ghost him be?
He no get name?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Celebrates Eid Al-fitr With Children At Aso Villa (Photos) / Peter Obi Caught In Massive Lie About His Achievements! - Reno Omokri (Video) / Senator Bayero Nafada Slaps Commissioner At Gombe PDP Primaries (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.