Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,192 members, 7,829,265 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu (19503 Views)

Are You Willing To Pay N178,000 Monthly For A 24-hour Electricity Supply? / Controversial Judgements: We Will Do Our Best To Reform Justice Sector – AGF / Bola Ige’s Murder: I’m Willing To Go To Court - Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by peekspot(m): 8:31pm On Sep 22, 2023
President Bola Tinubu says he is determined to follow through on his promise of reforming Nigeria, even if it earns him an infamous reputation.

Tinubu spoke while meeting with António Guterres, United Nations (UN) secretary-general, in his office at the UN headquarters in New York, United States, according to a statement issued on Thursday by Ajuri Ngelale, presidential spokesperson.

The president said his drive to ensure that democracy stands in the country was met with arrests in the past but added that it did not deter him.

“I fought for democracy. I was detained for democracy. I am now President and I am determined to prove that democracy can provide the development that our nation and our continent so urgently demands,” Ngelale quoted his principal as saying.

Tinubu added that the country has focused too much on talks instead of actions to curtail the high levels of poverty.

The president said he is committed to taking decisions that would change the narrative.

“Trace those of us here to our foundations and you will find that we have ties and links with poverty,” he said.

“We must not be ashamed of that history, but poverty is unacceptable. I am one of the lucky survivors of gripping poverty.

“Nigeria is truly a giant, 240 million people and counting with a massive youth population.

“We are done saying too much. We seek much action. We have arisen out of poverty as individuals, but until our people have arisen out of that, we will not rest, even if it requires decisions at home that make me temporarily unpopular.”

Since his assumption of office on May 29, some of his economic decisions, including the removal of the petrol subsidy and unifying foreign exchange rates, have attracted criticism.

But many analysts have applauded the president’s policies, which they said were long overdue reforms despite the rising inflation and high cost of living in the country.

Tinubu has repeatedly assured that it is only a temporary phase that would birth a new Nigeria.

Guterres said the president’s reforms have raised “high expectations” from the UN, adding that the global organisation would continue to offer support.

“Nigeria is an indispensable voice in the sub-region. We will give you every support needed for your success to be achieved. Your success is Africa’s success and we wish you well,” the UN secretary-general added.

https://www.thecable.ng/im-willing-to-become-unpopular-to-reform-nigeria-says-tinubu/amp

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Urheadmaster(m): 8:32pm On Sep 22, 2023
wink

Sha no reform Nigeria like how you reformed Lagos state into the home of touts and motor park criminals tongue

155 Likes 17 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by benuejosh: 8:37pm On Sep 22, 2023
Ride on Mr President. We are solidly behind you and you own the mandate.

NOTE:
Anyone who is not ready to sacrifice for the future of this country is free to pack his or her things and leave the country. For us remaining, we will together join hands and build the Nigeria of our dream.

59 Likes 13 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2023
Haha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Taylor92: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2023
You can’t make yourself unpopular anymore

Your shady deals in Chicago has already taken you to the top blacklist of Chicago most wanted criminal

If you actually want to reform Nigeria then return the stolen crown on your evil head

You forced yourself on us that’s why you’re not and will never achieve anything since the spirits of your supposed subjects ain’t happy with you

98 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by illicit(m): 8:55pm On Sep 22, 2023
Yes Boss

1 Like

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Okoroawusa: 8:57pm On Sep 22, 2023
I Love Bola Ahmed Tinubu

119 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Smithkafors(m): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Urheadmaster:
wink

Sha no reform Nigeria like how you reformed Lagos state into a home of touts and motor park criminals tongue

When u never reform the small Lagos state

11 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Boondocxs(f): 8:59pm On Sep 22, 2023
Mr president we are not seeing your reforms
What is wrong, you promised swift policy implementation instead the suffering have doubled

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Aboks(m): 9:16pm On Sep 22, 2023
reform ko
naija oti lo

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by ican2020: 9:17pm On Sep 22, 2023
All talk no action five months almost gone and he is still making noise

19 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by pointblankeirie: 9:18pm On Sep 22, 2023
angry
Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by REIIGN(m): 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2023
Bros you're already unpopular

13 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Kennitrust(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
First class student of accountant or account and business or whatever graduation he was parading, has rush to beg oyinbo not to release his results for the people he is ruling to see.

This man can only be a role model to death brain criminals.

Even if Tinubu can make N1=$1... Let him prove to Nigerian that he became his Excellency through an excellent way.

Tinubu is a criminal

Tinubu is not my president

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by israelmao(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
You're already a notorious rigger and drug baron.

32 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by odemeetu1: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Oya nau... The challenge is On!!!

1 Like

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by reiddecuti: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
Being the first African Nigerian leader to rang the NASDAQ closing bell is an achievement the munching corn heads won't allow one to hear word again.

APC agbadorians will count it as achievement from their fraudulent Master that has no interest of this country at heart.

BTW, this speech of Tinubu is another lie to sell to his agbadorians to keep dashing their hope.

9 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by flokii: 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
I have no doubt PBAT will go into history as the best president Nigeria ever had.. his determination to lead and relentless efforts to make Nigeria the investment destination in Africa can't be overlooked.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Funkyswagzz(m): 9:20pm On Sep 22, 2023
When people call him jagaban of lagos he was popular. The city boy don't want to be popular again baba just dey console himself,, u must finish dis job😂😂😂🏃🏃🏃🏃

4 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by datola: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Promises, promises, hope raising...

2 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Whytelyon(m): 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
Hheheheheh , the same Reform way Ghana wan sell Electricity give us abi? or the same Reform way make $1 = 1200 naira today.
Agbero don get Headquaters for Abuja , na the kain reform you day talk about?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Urheadmaster(m): 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
What can be more action than the renew shege banser tongue
ican2020:
All talk no action five months almost gone and he is still making noise

5 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by CEOKmotors: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
undecided

That was the same shit useless buhari was saying till him finish 2 terms.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Wizardslayer: 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
There should be no withdrawal this time.
Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Racoon(m): 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
You are already an unpopular being the most despicable criminal minded president Nigeria is unfortunate to have. So you can never brand Nigeria well in any ramifications but rather destroys her image.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by Whytelyon(m): 9:21pm On Sep 22, 2023
flokii:
I have no doubt PBAT will go into history as the best president Nigeria ever had..

If na play, stop am

12 Likes

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by EyeCumInPiece: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
Start by reforming your criminal reputation.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by XploraBen(m): 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
Until your reforms are positively felt and seen by Nigerians, you're still a failure!

Swing into action and do less talk.

1 Like

Re: I’m Willing To Become Unpopular To Reform Nigeria, Says Tinubu by happney65: 9:22pm On Sep 22, 2023
Egbon, E lo sun. undecided

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Faults EFCC On Clearance Of CCT Chairman / FG Spends N5bn On Presidential Fleet In 15 Months / 2019: Despite Atiku, I Could Still Seek PDP Presidential Ticket – Makarfi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.