Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,483 members, 7,830,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:03 PM

Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election (21578 Views)

Appeal Court Sacks Lagos LP Rep, Olukayode Doherty, Declares APC Winner / Isuikwuato Fed Const: Tribunal Sacks LP's Amobi Ogar, Affirms APC's Onyejeocha / Tribunal Sacks LP's Ngozi Okolie, Returns PDP's Ndudi Elumelu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by tollyboy5(m): 11:19am On Sep 24, 2023
Deco7:
If it were an Igbo that won the predincy and was doing this to Yoruba groups like lawmakers to traditional rulers, how would the Yoruba people feel. Let's remember,no one would be on stage forever. Kano is about to be set on fire because of cultist interests of people close to their graves wanting to drag innocent young lives to the grave. The PDP was never this mischievous. Never
I don't know what made you bring Igbo into this news now, those involve are Yorubas and the state involve is a Yoruba state so what are you lamenting about gan?

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Beremx(f): 11:21am On Sep 24, 2023
garfield1:

He didn't participate in all the stages of the election and had no result and was not on the ballot legally
the victory still belongs to the party, except the fact the constitution says otherwise. Anyways
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Benwallt(m): 11:31am On Sep 24, 2023
jahsharon:

The people you are talking to are 10th Class citizens in Nigeria.

I expect them to write INEC to inform INEC that the Presidential Election is supposed to be conducted in Abuja only because Abuja is superior to all other states

Their level of reasoning is appallingly low.
If I say bring the bottles on the table and the one on the shelf, does that mean the bottle on the shelf is more important? Rhetorical question

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Jennieee4(f): 11:35am On Sep 24, 2023
Weirdos

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by garfield1: 11:42am On Sep 24, 2023
Beremx:
the victory still belongs to the party, except the fact the constitution says otherwise. Anyways

No,they are not challenging his nomination but full participation.whilevvictory belongs to the party,a faulty candidate invalidates a party's nomination

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Latakia(f): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2023
Andrew Liver Salt Party grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by LOVEGINO(m): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2023
Benwallt:

The sacking is very well in order. Evidence plenty so no need to explain
dem go explain tire.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Primusinterpares(m): 6:25am On Sep 25, 2023
The Judiciary is no more the hope of the common man.
It's now the tool of the political elites to oppress under the law
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Latakia(f): 6:25am On Sep 25, 2023
limeta:
APC winning all election tribunal cases
Nigerians are the most cowardly people on earth .
Only God knows how the survived APC Buhari.
cases are won in court base on evidences and not social media bully and emotion grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by manchyme: 6:26am On Sep 25, 2023
5FSVD6K
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Bedminton: 6:27am On Sep 25, 2023
Wow, sack here and there? Something should have been better handled before elections, dis unsettles leaders.

Video editing, amazing intro tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvbm4qRB-kc

1 Like

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by duro4chang(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2023
Good for democracy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by donbrowser(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2023
kereman1:

Pls highlight them pls.

Read the article, the person that was issued the certificate of return by INEC was not even on ballot. While the real LP candidate that's supposed to get the certificate of return was not qualified to run. LP shot itself on the foot

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Jagaban2012: 6:29am On Sep 25, 2023
He don set form. them...

Oba of. Lagos state....has now suddenly woken up.from.slumber....now....the other is this...how will they get all the. landed properties they have sold to all these Nnnnnnyamiri people back...

Yoruba people in Lagos state sold their best part of the land to Nnnnnyamiri people for a morsel of porridge.....and since Nnnnnyamiri people suddenly discovered that they controlled the best part of the land.....the next thing was to wrestle the mantle of leadership from the real. Lagosian by planting Chinedu Gbadedo..who doesn't believe Jack about Yoruba people....it was then that all the Oba started reading the mistakes they have made...

Now, let me send this message all. the government in the southwest region....:
You cannot allow the sons of a stranger to. occupy some of the lucrative positions in the industry that is located in your territory and expect your children to prosper...your own children are restricted to poor salary jobs like Lastma, KIA street sweepers while the son of a stranger packs themselves full Custom office in Lagos State, FIRS in Lagos state...and some. other lucrative offices in the state...they will get the money from. your land. that they will use to buy your land.....

Let the government of the day wise up...

6 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by poiZon: 6:30am On Sep 25, 2023
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Focusmind: 6:37am On Sep 25, 2023
I earlier said it, LP may not have any member left in the national assembly after all the tribunal sittings. They hurriedly rushed their primary elections, bypassing certain electoral act rules which petitioners are using to their advantage. I don't know what Abiodun Johnson, the APC candidate for the Isolo/Oshodi federal constituency is still waiting for. He should use technicalities to "get" back the mandate from the LP guy. If We are to be Objective, Abiodun Johnson, the APC candidate and former representative of the constituency, did extremely well for the constituency in his first term before loosing to the LP candidate.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Wasky101: 6:38am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

Smh. Bigotry has finished the youths. And.Tinubu deserves to be in power forgetting the law is fully clear about 25% in FCT
At this point anyone still arguing 25% is a big slowpoke, how else do you want anybody to explain it to you. How does it even make any sense?

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Dshocker(m): 6:40am On Sep 25, 2023
Benwallt:

The sacking is very well in order. Evidence plenty so no need to explain

Nothing like evidence, because 80% of residence in Amuwo Odofin are igbos, and those that voted in the last election, voted for LP, so nothing anyone wants to tell me.
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by solreb: 6:40am On Sep 25, 2023
DIKEnaWAR:
I have not seen the election petition tribunals sack LP elected officials because they did not win he majority of votes. It is all about technicalities and using wayo to rob LP.

Judiciary will destroy this democracy faster than politicians. When laws cannot protect the innocent and law abiding, the outlaw will become a role model and rule of the jungle reign Supreme.
There's process to follow to become an election candidate which LP failed to follow (that resulted in labouring in vain). It is the same technicalities (which are allowed in judicial process) that LP and Obi wanted to use against PBAT but didn't succeed. If they had succeeded "technicalities" would be okay even though Obi did not win the majority votes.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by tonicyril: 6:41am On Sep 25, 2023
Benwallt:

Abuja is superior to your state I guess.

You are a second class citizen to a citizen of Abuja I guess

Rain or Sun doesn't shines in Abuja I guess.

As a citizen of Nigeria, you will need some documents to travel to Abuja I guess.

That boy is a p!glets
grin grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Hotfreezing: 6:42am On Sep 25, 2023
Beremx:

Which victory belongs to the party?
Dey play.
Did you read the Electoral Act?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Hotfreezing: 6:46am On Sep 25, 2023
Dshocker:

Nothing like evidence, because 80% of residence in Amuwo Odofin are igbos, and those that voted in the last election, voted for LP, so nothing anyone wants to tell me.

That's to show you lack knowledge.
If Igbos in Amuwo Odofin voted an armed robber, it shows the armed robber won even if the law states that a felon can't contest.

The LP candidate didn't comply with the Electoral guidelines. That substitution LP did before the election is what has hooked them in the throat now.

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by solreb: 6:50am On Sep 25, 2023
Dshocker:

If you read the verdict carefully, it stated that those votes cast for LP were wasted. The evidences referred to the fact that the candidates presented by LP did not qualify or properly presented.

Your assertion that 80% of Amuwo-odofin are Igbos and they are expected to vote for any LP candidates make LP an Igbo Party or more of a regional party. If that's the case it is in the same league as APGA and candidates from such party can never win a presidential election.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by AkumTemi: 6:56am On Sep 25, 2023
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by ada9ja(f): 7:00am On Sep 25, 2023
sreamsense:
If anyone doesn't understand the meaning of labouring in vain, just ask LP aka Elupee. They only made noise for nothing, many of the candidates LP presented were just accidental political candidate to fill the space. We warned them, but unfortunately they didn't listen to the voice of elders especially that noise maker called PrinceofLagos who likes queuing behind what some people will call "Political-failure candidate"

To you, you are happy about this....I pray such happen to you
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Roboto11: 7:08am On Sep 25, 2023
ada9ja:

To you, you are happy about this....I pray such happen to you

Shatap with your worthless prayer.

Isn't it the same technicality your Ekute and you are banking on?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by simfrost90210: 7:10am On Sep 25, 2023
ItisWell22:
Wahala!

At this pace, e be like sey them go soon sack Alex Otti.

You're very well daydreaming!
Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by xperiencelove(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2023
When I heard that Fashina story, I laughed. Even LP didn't know he doesn't have any educational certificate on time until few days to election. So they just substituted him with Doharty. LP does not have any adequate preparation until Obi joined them. Obi should have joined another organized party like Accord but he also want to use NLC in the electioneering.

5 Likes

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by Fadddd(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:
If it were an Igbo that won the predincy and was doing this to Yoruba groups like lawmakers to traditional rulers, how would the Yoruba people feel. Let's remember,no one would be on stage forever. Kano is about to be set on fire because of cultist interests of people close to their graves wanting to drag innocent young lives to the grave. The PDP was never this mischievous. Never
Since you've admitted an IPOB who was sacked, then I suggest the let every Obi pipu Goan contest in Anambra. Eko niwo'n pebi!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by vince2016(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2023
Deco7:

Smh. Bigotry has finished the youths. And.Tinubu deserves to be in power forgetting the law is fully clear about 25% in FCT

I personally consider those people still insisting about 25% of Abj votes mandatory to be declared President as incorrigible fools. No logical argument can be made in favour of such clause.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Tribunal Sacks LP, Declares APC Winner Of Amuwo-Odofin Assembly Election by jaxxy(m): 7:12am On Sep 25, 2023
This must be a joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Explosion Hits Agip Pipeline In Bayelsa / Diezani’s Slush Cash: Wike Ordered Me To Collect N700m From Bank – PDP Scribe / Jonathan Is The Reason Some States Cannot Pay Salaries – Oshiomole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.