Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : (9475 Views)

See The Stupid Boy That Killed Ghadaffi! / The Last Testament Of Muammar Ghadaffi (last Speech On Tv) / If Ghadaffi Had Been A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Lagosboy: 12:14pm On Oct 24, 2011
A brave heart , who did not run from war. I watch his last minutes with mixed feelings.

There is no need denying Ghadaffi killed some of his people and i believe in the law of retribution which is the reason he died by the bullet as well. Having said that i have great respect and sympathy for this man, he fought till the end , he could have escaped to Niger or Algeria or even Venezuela to live in peace but he chose he hard way to defend his land.

Some Libyans have scores to settle but i think they are in for new libya where few people will become stupendously rich and the populace will wallow in poverty. Ghaddafis sin for me is he stayed too long, 42 years is just damn too long and he should have quit before that.

BP, Total and co will be fyling into libya to seal all the oil deals and the frozen libyan assets will be used to pay for the war.

Ghaddafi i pray your sins are forgiven and granted eternal rest.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by DDN: 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2011
Why should Nigerian past leaders be the basis for measuring Gadhafi's performance? Compare him too with the likes of Nelson Mandela.

How many African leaders have spent uninterruptedly 42 years in power? How many have linked his houses anywhere with tunnels so as to aid his escape when his evil deeds are eventually discovered?

Do you think you (Nigerians) know Libya more than Libyans themselves?

Nigerians, you need to be careful or God will grant you a leader in the like of Gadhafi.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by oneking(m): 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
"how long shall they kill our Prophets while we stand aside and look?" Bob Marley 'Redemption song' R.I.P patriot ,  i weep for Africa
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by malc619(m): 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
DDN:

Why should Nigerian past leaders be the basis for measuring Gadhafi's performance? Compare him too with the likes of Nelson Mandela.

How many African leaders have spent uninterruptedly 42 years in power? How many have linked his houses anywhere with tunnels so as to aid his escape when his evil deeds are eventually discovered?

Do you think you (Nigerians) know Libya more than Libyans themselves?

Nigerians, you need to be careful or God will grant you a leader in the like of Gadhafi.
Can any leader in Nigeria be compared with Mandela?
Y not compare ur leaders to Mandela first before comparing Libya's ex-leader to him. Libya as a nation have so many things Nigerians have only in their dreams (or nightmares)
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by ceah(m): 12:57pm On Oct 24, 2011
I didnt create this thread to vent your anger on The dead one, i created this thread as a Register for condolence and not to chastise and Castigate  shocked shocked shocked an already dead Man, let's keep The Message of consolation and love coming,  grin grin grin
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Nobody: 1:06pm On Oct 24, 2011
Ten Kobo:

Rest in peace, tent-dwelling proud son of the famous Bedouin herdsman, Africa's only leader with a vision for global political dominance, sponsor of ferocious civil wars, hard-line separatist movements and left-wing militias. Rest in peace Gadaffi, you died indeed a matyr, those who said you died like a chicken are those who have been taken captive by their fast food addiction. They no longer can tell how chickens are killed, that even the greatest in the chicken kingdom is not murdered by a baying mob. That such deaths are the exclusive preserve of matyrs, they are beaten, spat upon and ridiculed by those they fought to protect. Mighty as you were, you are still the father of a brood of fools, a supposed set of intelligent young men who could not advise you to do the right thing when the people rose against your power. like all fools, death on the street became the lot of your clan. I have no issues with your absolute use of power, the hypocrites who do are the same people who pay to study the works of Machiavelli, the Italian sadist you copied and kept his theories. Rest in peace Gadaffi of the Green Book, in your next life, come as a Nigerian but gain wisdom.

You think that you are witty, but you are just foolish. :d
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by blacksta(m): 1:07pm On Oct 24, 2011
4q u and Ghaddafi - why dont u open register for Hitler tooo - Oloshi olri burrukku .  Taking panadol for anybody man's headache -  Go and watch how the libyans are celebrating the demise of Ghaddfi.  Yet your own leaders are robbing you blind  - you no worry about that one.  were
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by forbidden5(m): 1:10pm On Oct 24, 2011
Libyans will suffer the loss of Ghadaffi. They have taken their only defence from slavery away. COl Gadaffi has fought for African interests to make Africa free from colonialism. African and its people have been under great control of the imperialists and that explains why we do not have any huge significance to date. Only one man stood for that interest - Gadhaffi.

We as Africa should have stopped NATO from intervening since it was an entirely African thing.

Gadhaffi, Adieu -  we as Africa will miss you, I hope that we will find Africans with African hearts like you.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by blacksta(m): 1:16pm On Oct 24, 2011
forbidden5:

Libyans will suffer the loss of Ghadaffi. They have taken their only defence from slavery away. COl Gadaffi has fought for African interests to make Africa free from colonialism. African and its people have been under great control of the imperialists and that explains why we do not have any huge significance to date. Only one man stood for that interest - Gadhaffi.

We as Africa should have stopped NATO from intervening since it was an entirely African thing.

Gadhaffi, Adieu -  we as Africa will miss you, I hope that we will find Africans with African hearts like you.

Ode  - I guess  similar to how Abacha fought for your own African interests.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by DDN: 1:17pm On Oct 24, 2011
Many of you are seeing Ghadafi as a hero, the same way you saw Osama Bin laden as a hero. It is important to note that he is dead, and that he died like a  criminal that he was.  The blood of all Libyans that he caused their deaths will remain on his head.

Such leaders, including the types we have in Nigeria are not needed anywhere in the world, so that there will not be any cause for Americans or NATO to intervene.

It would not have been easy for Libyans to get Ghadafi out of power if they had not used their oil to get the support they wanted from the western world, the same way Nigerians mortgaged the oil in the Niger-Delta and bakassi in Cross River State to fight the then Eastern Nigeria.

Ghadafi was never a prophet and will never be. I do not care what you see him as.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Nobody: 1:20pm On Oct 24, 2011
@DON
Let us be,if we want to grieve we shall grieve,take ur negative energy from this page,this is for people who consider Gaddafi a hero, click away
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by tunnytox(m): 1:24pm On Oct 24, 2011
forbidden5:

Go and get yourself a job! Leave Libyans alone to deal with their own issue, so NATO should sit and watch and allow Gaddafi forces to overun Bengazi? Kill as many rebels as possible, I guess that will make you happy. May be if Gaddafi was ready reconcile with his people and listen to their wish rather than calling them rats he might still be alive today but who cares?
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by sleekman(m): 1:34pm On Oct 24, 2011
[size=16pt]Gaddafi’s will found: ‘Bury me unwashed, in death clothes[/size]

A will apparently written by the late President of Libya, Muammar Gaddafi, has surfaced on his Seven Day News website. In the document, Gaddafi expressed the wish to be buried “unwashed in Sirte,” the town of his birth, next to “my family and relatives”.

The will is said to be the only surviving copy of three identical testaments given to the former Libyan dictator’s relatives. According to a report by theBBC, the document was reportedly handed to the relatives, one of whom was killed, the second arrested and the third managed to escape the fighting in Sirte.

The English translation of the will states:

“This is my will. I, Muammar bin Mohammad bin Abdussalam bi Humayd bin Abu Manyar bin Humayd bin Nayil al Fuhsi Gaddafi, do swear that there is no other God but Allah and that Mohammad is God’s Prophet, peace be upon him.

“I pledge that I will die as Muslim. Should I be killed, I would like to be buried, according to Muslim rituals, in the clothes I was wearing at the time of my death and my body unwashed, in the cemetery of Sirte, next to my family and relatives.

“I would like that my family, especially women and children, be treated well after my death. The Libyan people should protect its identity, achievements, history and the honourable image of its ancestors and heroes.

“The Libyan people should not relinquish the sacrifices of the free and best people. I call on my supporters to continue the resistance, and fight any foreign aggressor against Libya, today, tomorrow and always.

“Let the free people of the world know that we could have bargained over and sold out our cause in return for a personal secure and stable life. We received many offers to this effect but we chose to be at the vanguard of the confrontation as a badge of duty and honour.

“Even if we do not win immediately, we will give a lesson to future generations that choosing to protect the nation is an honour and selling it out is the greatest betrayal that history will remember forever despite the attempts of the others to tell you otherwise.”

The testament is likely to further confuse the debate over where Gaddafi should be buried. His body is still being kept in a refrigerated warehouse in Misrata, four days after his capture and death at the hands of rebel fighters last Thursday. The National Transitional Council in Tripoli has been paralysed with indecision over what to do with the body.

Speaking in Jordan on Sunday, Libya’s departing prime minister was reported by Reuters as saying that talks were under way to form an interim government, replacing the NTC within a month.

One of many obstacles facing Libya’s provisional leadership is the question of whether, in the minutes after his capture in Sirte, Gaddafi was executed.

Libya’s chief pathologist confirmed that he had died of a gunshot wound to the head. It is still unclear who fired the fatal shot, and under what circumstances, with Amnesty and other human rights groups pressing for a full investigation.

Dr Othman al-Zintani carried out the autopsy on Gaddafi’s body at a morgue in Misrata. Speaking afterwards, he said it was “obvious” the former dictator had died from a bullet to the head.

He did not elaborate, but appeared to be referring to the entry wound clearly visible on the left side of Gaddafi’s head, shown in numerous shots of his body screened around the world.

“He died because of a gunshot wound to the head,” Zintani said. “There are still several issues. We have to pass (the report) to the prosecutor general. But everything will be revealed publicly. Nothing will be hidden.”

I have said that the real truth behind Gadaffi's death will begin to emerge.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by sleekman(m): 1:42pm On Oct 24, 2011

A will apparently written by the late President of Libya, Muammar Gaddafi, has surfaced on his Seven Day News website. In the document, Gaddafi expressed the wish to be buried “unwashed in Sirte,” the town of his birth, next to “my family and relatives”.

The will is said to be the only surviving copy of three identical testaments given to the former Libyan dictator’s relatives. According to a report by theBBC, the document was reportedly handed to the relatives, one of whom was killed, the second arrested and the third managed to escape the fighting in Sirte.

“This is my will. I, Muammar bin Mohammad bin Abdussalam bi Humayd bin Abu Manyar bin Humayd bin Nayil al Fuhsi Gaddafi, do swear that there is no other God but Allah and that Mohammad is God’s Prophet, peace be upon him.

“I pledge that I will die as Muslim. Should I be killed, I would like to be buried, according to Muslim rituals, in the clothes I was wearing at the time of my death and my body unwashed, in the cemetery of Sirte, next to my family and relatives.

“I would like that my family, especially women and children, be treated well after my death. The Libyan people should protect its identity, achievements, history and the honourable image of its ancestors and heroes.

“The Libyan people should not relinquish the sacrifices of the free and best people. I call on my supporters to continue the resistance, and fight any foreign aggressor against Libya, today, tomorrow and always.

“Let the free people of the world know that we could have bargained over and sold out our cause in return for a personal secure and stable life. We received many offers to this effect but we chose to be at the vanguard of the confrontation as a badge of duty and honour.

“Even if we do not win immediately, we will give a lesson to future generations that choosing to protect the nation is an honour and selling it out is the greatest betrayal that history will remember forever despite the attempts of the others to tell you otherwise.”

The testament is likely to further confuse the debate over where Gaddafi should be buried. His body is still being kept in a refrigerated warehouse in Misrata, four days after his capture and death at the hands of rebel fighters last Thursday. The National Transitional Council in Tripoli has been paralysed with indecision over what to do with the body.

Speaking in Jordan on Sunday, Libya’s departing prime minister was reported by Reuters as saying that talks were under way to form an interim government, replacing the NTC within a month.

One of many obstacles facing Libya’s provisional leadership is the question of whether, in the minutes after his capture in Sirte, Gaddafi was executed.

Libya’s chief pathologist confirmed that he had died of a gunshot wound to the head. It is still unclear who fired the fatal shot, and under what circumstances, with Amnesty and other human rights groups pressing for a full investigation.

Dr Othman al-Zintani carried out the autopsy on Gaddafi’s body at a morgue in Misrata. Speaking afterwards, he said it was “obvious” the former dictator had died from a bullet to the head.

He did not elaborate, but appeared to be referring to the entry wound clearly visible on the left side of Gaddafi’s head, shown in numerous shots of his body screened around the world.

“He died because of a gunshot wound to the head,” Zintani said. “There are still several issues. We have to pass (the report) to the prosecutor general. But everything will be revealed publicly. Nothing will be hidden.”

Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by gnykelly(m): 1:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
Gadafi the king of kings
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 24, 2011
i love his will so much i am postn it on my facebook page thanks@sleekman
meanwhile i wait for libiya to fall 2 pieces
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by TenKobo1: 2:53pm On Oct 24, 2011
@boboyekini
Thanks for the compliment.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by IIKOTECH(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2011
i thought i was the only one that feels this true leader, he is a man of his word and he fought to uphold the dignity of his country and africa in the international society<that is why the US scavengers and co allies want to take him out so that they will strip Libyans naked, though to some people he was a tyrant, i still love its guts, it has been written that he who live by sword will die by sword!! he is human, libya will miss you the only col that gives General instructions,
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by deemark: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2011
i thought i was the only one that feels this true leader, he is a man of his word and he fought to uphold the dignity of his country and africa in the international society<that is why the US scavengers and co allies want to take him out so that they will strip Libyans Unclad, though to some people he was a tyrant, i still love its guts, it has been written that he who live by sword will die by sword!! he is human, libya will miss you the only col that gives General instructions,
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by tEsLim(m): 3:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
Bravery but an eccentric radical. I regret how they kill him he shouldn't have been killed like that. The West is doing us bad
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by sleekman(m): 3:54pm On Oct 24, 2011
True facts.

Did you know that Gadaffi gave women same rights as men in Libya and the new govt wants to take that away?
Did you know that Men were not allowed to marry more than one wife but the new govt wants to expunge that from the new constitution?
Did you know that anyone was allowed to worship freely under Gadaffi and he refused to base the Libyan constitution on the Koran but the Al Qaeda led govt wants the new constitution based on the Koran.

My brothers and sisters truth must be told. Why is Gadaffi being dehumanized? Is it because he refused to sell his country or because he attacked and killed those that chose to sell their country? Like I always say, Time will tell.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by hajifaty: 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2011
I ain't happy cuz i wasn't here when this thread started but I have one thing to tell all these western brain washed Nigerians to shut their mouths and dead brain up and go eat their western hot dog burgers. Gaddafi is the best leader that africa has ever have. To hell with you all and your western masters
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Santino1(m): 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2011
sleekman:

[b]“Let the free people of the world know that we could have bargained over and sold out our cause in return for a personal secure and stable life. We received many offers to this effect but we chose to be at the vanguard of the confrontation as a badge of duty and honour.

[/b]The testament is likely to further confuse the debate over where Gaddafi should be buried. His body is still being kept in a refrigerated warehouse in Misrata, four days after his capture and death at the hands of rebel fighters last Thursday. The National Transitional Council in Tripoli has been paralysed with indecision over what to do with the body.

My best piece
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by ceah(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2011
thanks guys, keep The condolence Message coming, meanwhile haters should please Open a threD to express their Opinion, this is a condolence thread for brother leader Gadhaffi, Thank u, wink cheesy grin
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by juman(m): 4:56pm On Oct 24, 2011
Oh oh Gaddafi.

Oh oh Ag-Gaddafi.

Oh oh Muammar Gaddafi.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by chakula: 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2011
There are no Words to Describe the effort of Gaddafi toward the development of Libya but mistakenly they invalidated the whole performance in few month back. They should suffer before the things turn to normal,

RIP THE BRAVE.
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 24, 2011
Rest in Peace Gadaffi
Dead but not forgotten
Good people always die young
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2011
DON'T try to compare Qaddafi to Mandela angry angry

Without Qaddafi's support you won't have a Mandela!! He was at the forefront of fighting apartheid!!

People, this is who leaders should strive through discipline to be like. This is a man that has massive wealth yet dwells in tents, he knows the real owners of his country and also understand that since history isn't reversible, we can only try to make the best of it. I was offered free education, health care and even pocket money to stay in Libya because my uncle works there as a top doctor and my mom was a cardiologist in Libya for years whenever a leader from Nigeria visits Libya, Qaddafi calls my mom, uncle and step dad for a welcoming ceremony.

My experience with Qaddafi and in Libya is one of paradise. I can stay out and play all day in the park with my friends and like they do every kid that's out playing when it gets dark, the soldiers simply come  and find our parent's home to take us to. Peaceful, I wasn't a Muslim, I wasn't a Christian either infact Qaddafi himself tho a Muslim was searching for the root of the religion. He had historical research centers in Tripoli and Benghazi where Pan Africanists, social engineers etc, come to research history of the African people and their historical relation to Islam and Christianity.

My 3 years in Libya as child was one of the brightest part of my childhood. I can tease a soldier on the street with no gun shot. You can take their gun if you catch them sleeping and seriously the only trouble you get in is some boogie man yelling at you with no right to hit you, It is only those who entered Libya illegally that Qaddafi feared will ruin his nation. Seriously, the world has lost an example!!

Libya is the only Muslim majority nation I can live in without discrimination. Qaddafi puts African religions and Islam at the top of his mind! He is visionary. forget his arrogance. If Obomber get such wisdom, vision and power, he'd be even more arrogant,
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by na2day(m): 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2011
^^^ wow! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by occam(m): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
A big picture perspective for all Gadaffi apologists:

Quality education, food, good health and quality housing are all fundamental right of every citizen in all countries. That Gadaffi ensured people did not starve is not disputed. Sadly, in African we are quick to hail this kind of achievement as a beacon of great leadership.

Gaddafi however, used repressive tactics to deny most Libyans political freedom and right to justice. He took away from the right to think and aspire in life; this is what they were fighting for. He denied them the right to chart their own destiny and right to make their own mistakes.

No matter how you slice and dice it, 42 yrs was just too long. Gaddafi stopped listening and no longer understood aspirations of his people, particularly the younger generation. In the end, they got tired and rose against him. This is the way despotic regimes always end.

Gadaffi portrayed himself as a Pan-African leader fighting against colonialism and a lot of Africans drank this cool aid; it was all a fraud perpetuated on Africans. The man was simply a cunning leader who used his enormous wealth to buy off leaders of African countries.

Africans should stop thinking about food, clothing and housing alone. Only societies that encourage freedom of thought and expression can develop
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by nanidee(f): 5:41pm On Oct 24, 2011
Hmmm. What an enlightening thread
Re: Condolence Register For Ghadaffi : by Dpharisee: 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2011
9jaganja:

DON'T try to compare Qaddafi to Mandela angry angry

Without Qaddafi's support you won't have a Mandela!! He was at the forefront of fighting apartheid!!

Libya is the only Muslim majority nation I can live in without discrimination. Qaddafi puts African religions and Islam at the top of his mind! He is visionary. forget his arrogance. If Obomber get such wisdom, vision and power, he'd be even more arrogant,

I watched a video filmed by the NTC rebels showing them forcing black Libyans to eat raw meat of dead Libyan soldiers and kiss a dogs head. With their actions, the world knows that the West has just installed a terrorist group in Libya whom they will fight when they start sponsoring Islamists to attack US and Europe; then they will declare another War on Terror like Bin Laden.

Rest in Peace Lion of the desert! The western main stream media will continue their attempt to dehumanise and demonise you, but we now know the real truth. They are collapsing and Libyan oil will not be enough to save their economies because there are too many vultures scavenging for one carcass. You withstood forty countries forming an alliance and you promised never to abandon your homeland and your people and you bravely paid the supreme price.
Adieu! Africa will never forget you, you live on in our hearts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

ECOWAS Engages Third-party Mediators To Reintegrate Mali, Niger, Burkina Faso / Tunisian Man Sets Himself Ablaze / REVEALED: What You Didn’t Know About Uganda’s Former President, Idi Amin – Many

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.