Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,423 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:00 PM

Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle (12734 Views)

Lagos Guber: APC, SDP Seek Leave To Appeal Judgment On E-transmission Of Results / "Join SDP" - Supporters Tell Peter Obi After Dumping PDP / Yahaya Bello's Thugs Attack SDP Supporters, Injure Many, Destroy Cars (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Dennisbulkan: 4:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
eldoradoxx:
Yahaya Bello should have allowed power rotate to Igalas who are indisputably the majority in Kogi State. There is no way Ododo an Ebira can win Ajaka an Igala now that Igalas are really interested in asserting their dominance in Kogi State politics using their numerical voting power.

The same way they allowed power rotate after ruling kogi state for 16yrs ba?

Igala was going to rule Kogi state forever if Abubakar Audu for not die. Fortunately for ebira people Audu died, if not, igala for not allow any other tribe go near that sit. Now it's ebira turn, they will not leave until something big pushed them out by force. Nigerians are a very useless entity, barbarians. They cry foul because they are not the one doing the oppression, & are on the recieving end of injustice. Give them just one opportunity & you will see their true color, bunch of degenerate savages undecided
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 4:58pm On Oct 20, 2023
Xxxxtentacion2:
14th of november actually... no carry us go back abeg... the muri guy once worked with yaya bello so he knows all the tricks of the game, thats why yaya bello is on panic mode... An insider is more lethal than an outsider...

Thanks for the correction,

but no worry,,, i guarantee one bottle for you that night...we no go party hard grin
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Omenyi3529: 5:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
OZIOGU1:

May God keep us alive till on 13th of october
Aameen thuma Aameen. But we get plenty jokers abeg. Is not going to be business as usual. my appreciation to his excellency for uniting the Igalas with his divisive action and doings.
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by suleimanshehu: 5:07pm On Oct 20, 2023
In Kogi politics ethnicity plays a crucial role in governorship elections. The SDP candidates Murtala Yakubu Ajaka is a very good hearted man and is loved by his Igala people of Kogi East, the Igala's formed 45-55% population of Kogi state. The SDP candidate was an APC member, he is the Deputy National Publicity Secretary, is the state Governor sensing his "Ajaka's" popularity decided to used a court to stopped him from contesting the APC primary election. In fact, the Governor wanted to stopped him from contesting the election, the APC National Secretariat as well as his Ajaka's Igalamela/Odolu LGA APC chapter played smart on the Governor by accepting a back dated resignation letter of Muri Ajaka, which then pave the way for his eventual substitution of the SDP flag bearer. Couple with his poor performance after about 8yrs the Current governor wants to impose his cousin Usman Ododo the APC candidate from Kogi Central, his fellow Igbira man as his successor and Igbira people have 20-25% population in Kogi state. Dino Malaye of PDP is famous in Nigeria for the wrong reasons, but in his Kogi West I.e. Okun or Yoruba he is not popular. In fact, the ADC candidate Hon Leke Abejide a current Rep member for Yagba federal constituency is more popular and more generous than Dino, bcx of the gesture of Rep Abejide, ADC won the Rep seat for Kabba/Ijumu constituency the base of Sen Dino Malaye and Sen Smart Adeyemi. The issue in Kogi is that the SDP candidate has about 75-80% of support from his Kogi East which has 9 LGA about 215,000 vote cast in 2023 elections. The APC candidate Usman Ododo an Igbira man will definitely win his Kogi Central 70-80% which has 5 LGA and a total votes cast of 103,000 in 2023 Elections. Sen Dino Malaye of PDP, Hon Leke Abejide of ADC and Mr Olayinka Braimoh of AA might share the 5LGA of Yoruba speaking people in Kogi West while the remaining two i.e. Lokoja and Koton Karfe will be shared by all parties especially SDP, APC, PDP and ADC, Kogi west has a vote cast of 132,000 in 2023 elections. So, the SDP candidate has an advantage over others, because his senatorial zone of Kogi East votes alone can make him victorious at the November 11 polls, by the special grace of God
Sammysolution:
Is Dino melaye not part of kogi guber contestants? It seems other parties no care about him, like say him no be any threat, people in kogi abeg, wetin dey happen?
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Omenyi3529: 5:12pm On Oct 20, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Igala was going to rule Kogi state forever if Abubakar Audu for not die. Fortunately for ebira people Audu died, if not, igala for not allow any other tribe go near that sit. Now it's ebira turn, they will not leave until something big pushed them out by force. Nigerians are a very useless entity, barbarians. They cry foul because they are not the one doing the oppression, & are on the recieving end of injustice. Give them just one opportunity & you will see their true color, bunch of degenerate savages undecided
Thank God the world have known who are the real problem of Kogi State. Bunch of charlatan with no human sympathy, greedy unfortunate viruses, The evil men do will live to hunt them.

Adamu Attah did it and if not for Gov. Wada, who in Ebira remember him before his death? Igala can cook and share to an outsiders without eating it but the Ebiras that I know can never share their #50 groundnut with The one seating with them.

No evil shall go unpunished. Kogites have cried and the Lord heard it. Dooms day for the wicked is just in 2weeks.

1 Like

Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Omenyi3529: 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2023
OZIOGU1:

Did i hear you say igala have the numbers?

Let me educate you, i am an Ebira man married to an igala woman from Afor gan gan in Ankpa LGA, before i found love in the area, i have done projects in, Enjema, okobo, inye, Ika, ogodo, i left that axis to ejule, where i run a project in more than 10 villages in Idah LGA, My brother, i agree say una plenty but villages wey i enter i no see much people as you guys always claim, Maybe thats why i saw a beautiful damsel grin, wey i marry.

come to the main point, injustice breeds anarchy, i have said long time ago, that what is happening in kogi state, benue state and Edo can not be called democracy, but people felt you are talking as a minority you people claim we are, today the table turn, EDO has done it, Kogi did it and vey soon Benue (IDOMA's) will do it...let us promote equity and fairness and not tribal positions, the moral right i have today to speak among my igala friends and inlaws is that for long they know my position on politics in kogi state....Wel looking at how things are going, APC will win without hasle, Do you know why? between IMO, BAYELSA and KOGI, the easiest for APC to rig and win is KOgi, Tinubbu will not want to loose an APC state to anybody, so APC will rig and win, i dont support violence, but is just the way it is in Nigeria, I beg join me to look for certificate from Chicago state University main campus Mabushi Abuja grin grin
This is how delusions an average ebiras have lately become. Yahaya Bello was fooled by his own guys that he will win presidentially primary what happened?

The figures are there on inec portal for anyone to confirm. This is not 2019 and I repeat this is not 2019 . The adage remain that Akpane ane akpa come 11/11
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Oizee(f): 5:33pm On Oct 20, 2023
OZIOGU1:

No get BP, APC will win, as i type now the result dey ground, na to announce am, who no like am go go court.
Enebeni

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by eldoradoxx: 5:56pm On Oct 20, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

The law of nature says that the majority will always rule over the minority, i have nothing else to say.
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by suleimanshehu: 6:34pm On Oct 20, 2023
OK! In democracy population is key to winning Elections. In Kogi State between the Igbiras and Igala's which tribe is majority? In 2023 election total votes cast are : Kogi East/Igala's/ SDP candidates zone 215,000 votes cast; Kogi Central/Igbira/ APC candidate Zone 105,000 votes cast; While Kogi West including Lokoja & Koton-Karfe, as well as the 5 Yoruba Okun Speaking LGA, the zone of PDP, ADC & AA Candidates has 134,000 votes in 2023 elections
OZIOGU1:

Are you a kogite? Let me educate you small. Audu an igala man ruled for 4yrs under ANPP, Ibrahim Idris another igalaman took over and ruled for 8yrs, then Idris wada another igala took over and ruled for 4 yrs total =16yrs, why is the igala shouting? Bello ruled for 8yr by devine intervention because Audu was coming back for another term before God almighty call came... If we are looking for justice in Kogi state why the igala's not making case for the okuns?

Ododo will win stay for 8yrs makings central 16yrs too and give to okun man man who will rule for another 16yrs then the power will now return to the eastern part of the state...make una rest ... bookmark this comment
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by suleimanshehu: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
[The election tribunal has nullified the APC Senate elections in Kogi east, and has Declared Natasha Akpoti of PDP as the winner in Kogi Central. So what is your point?author=Dicoomoba post=126507557]

I hate when dullard talk about politics mumu , person controlling the state with 2 senators out of 3 please stop opening your mouth anyhow [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by suleimanshehu: 6:54pm On Oct 20, 2023
Dennisbulkan:

Unfortunately BVAS has made it impossible for over voting. We remembered in 2019 Governorship election Okene LGA alone was said to give the incumbent Governor Bello 111,000 votes, while after 4 Years in 2023 elections the total votes cast in 5 LGA's of Kogi Central including " Okene, Okehi, Adavi, Ajaokuta and Ogori-Magongo LGA" has cast a combined votes of 105,000.
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by suleimanshehu: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2023
He won due to over voting, that was why Okene LGA alone gave him 111,000 votes. However, 4 years later, in 2023 the total votes cast in the 5 LGA of Kogi Central including Okene is not more than 105,000. With BVAS
this time around every votes shall count.
osuofia2:

So how come Bello won second term? if it is by population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 7:45pm On Oct 20, 2023
Oizee:
Enebeni

Etemeya inya...
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 7:49pm On Oct 20, 2023
Oizee:
Enebeni

Asutowohi....Keep calm, yasi koroo me
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Omenyi3529: 8:13pm On Oct 20, 2023
suleimanshehu:
He won due to over voting, that was why Okene LGA alone gave him 111,000 votes. However, 4 years later, in 2023 the total votes cast in the 5 LGA of Kogi Central including Okene is not more than 105,000. With BVAS
this time around every votes shall count.

It is quite disheartening how people reason this day. You want to know why Yahaya Bello won? Well let me educate you a bit that is if you are ready to understand the politics of yesterday which is 2019 and today 2023. In 2019, buhari factor played a role in which the Chief of staff to the president Abba kyari was in charge for the president. The second Abba kyari the disgraced drug lord, the police officer was also used and there was nothing like bvas in our electoral umpire. These factors paved ways to the emergence of Yahaya Bello. Less I forget to mention tatata

Today revise is the case, even the presidential election was not rigged ask me how and why. PDP which out of negligence allowed 7 strong personality out of the party namely:-
Peter obi
Rabiu kwankwaso
Gov. Makinde
Gov. Tom
And 3 others from South. How can PDP or LP survive the race?
Due to this obvious reasons, Kogi election shall be conducted free and fair. No amount of tatata can stop the people of the East, money can not solve this problem of Yaya Bello because a lesson was learned and cry was heard by the Almighty. And almighty promise to the people shall come to pass. Akpane ane akpa in Igala land. PVC will be used, tatata can go to hell for all we care
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Oizee(f): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2023
OZIOGU1:

Etemeya inya...
ete odahi sir
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Oizee(f): 8:32pm On Oct 20, 2023
OZIOGU1:

Asutowohi....Keep calm, yasi koroo me
toh Ohomorihi ova Mei
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by AskNgige2: 9:23pm On Oct 20, 2023
OZIOGU1:

Are you a kogite? Let me educate you small. Audu an igala man ruled for 4yrs under ANPP, Ibrahim Idris another igalaman took over and ruled for 8yrs, then Idris wada another igala took over and ruled for 4 yrs total =16yrs, why is the igala shouting? Bello ruled for 8yr by devine intervention because Audu was coming back for another term before God almighty call came... If we are looking for justice in Kogi state why the igala's not making case for the okuns?

Ododo will win stay for 8yrs makings central 16yrs too and give to okun man man who will rule for another 16yrs then the power will now return to the eastern part of the state...make una rest ... bookmark this comment

Let's watch and see..

Fear igala pple
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Dennisbulkan: 9:51pm On Oct 20, 2023
eldoradoxx:

The law of nature says that the majority will always rule over the minority, i have nothing else to say.

Then it's only fair if the housa-fulani rule this godforsaken hellhole called Nigeria forever, no?
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2023
Oizee:
toh Ohomorihi ova Mei

Amin....IZuya Eehi uya avi Ekura? Uwaka ma tutuhiwu ini mail ni?
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by LaRosa01: 2:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
my brother,I can see you profited from yahaya.so let me educate you.i knew yahaya before he became governor,when he was still a contractor.second we adviced the government to make him governor not because of his tribe but rather because he was young,we wanted generational change,let me be the first to inform you that yahaya was a total disaster,a disgrace to what a Nigerian youth in leadship should look like.so I know what goes on in the hight of leadership,I am quite sure you are naive as to what goes on,have you never asked yourself why the okun man wasn't made governor even though he was the deputy to Audu?
I wouldn't say much but mark it yahaya would be in prision by next year and his cousin wouldn't win.the president would side with the okun people defiantly not yahaya because his reelection is more important that yahaya stupidity.
OZIOGU1:

Did i hear you say igala have the numbers?

Let me educate you, i am an Ebira man married to an igala woman from Afor gan gan in Ankpa LGA, before i found love in the area, i have done projects in, Enjema, okobo, inye, Ika, ogodo, i left that axis to ejule, where i run a project in more than 10 villages in Idah LGA, My brother, i agree say una plenty but villages wey i enter i no see much people as you guys always claim, Maybe thats why i saw a beautiful damsel grin, wey i marry.

come to the main point, injustice breeds anarchy, i have said long time ago, that what is happening in kogi state, benue state and Edo can not be called democracy, but people felt you are talking as a minority you people claim we are, today the table turn, EDO has done it, Kogi did it and vey soon Benue (IDOMA's) will do it...let us promote equity and fairness and not tribal positions, the moral right i have today to speak among my igala friends and inlaws is that for long they know my position on politics in kogi state....Wel looking at how things are going, APC will win without hasle, Do you know why? between IMO, BAYELSA and KOGI, the easiest for APC to rig and win is KOgi, Tinubbu will not want to loose an APC state to anybody, so APC will rig and win, i dont support violence, but is just the way it is in Nigeria, I beg join me to look for certificate from Chicago state University main campus Mabushi Abuja grin grin
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 6:23pm On Oct 22, 2023
LaRosa01:
my brother,I can see you profited from yahaya.so let me educate you.i knew yahaya before he became governor,when he was still a contractor.second we adviced the government to make him governor not because of his tribe but rather because he was young,we wanted generational change,let me be the first to inform you that yahaya was a total disaster,a disgrace to what a Nigerian youth in leadship should look like.so I know what goes on in the hight of leadership,I am quite sure you are naive as to what goes on,have you never asked yourself why the okun man wasn't made governor even though he was the deputy to Audu?
I wouldn't say much but mark it yahaya would be in prision by next year and his cousin wouldn't win.the president would side with the okun people defiantly not yahaya because his reelection is more important that yahaya stupidity.

How Relationship Between Ebira and Igala Started.

Igala were Slave from Old Kwarafanu Then Sold to Junku King around 6th century The Jukun king settled them in Idah around that period, Abutu Eje Founded Igala Kingdom in the 7th Century. The first " Ata was Ebulejonu, a woman; she was succeeded by her brother Aganapoje, the father of Idoko. Idoko would later succeed him as Ata, and had two children Atiyele and Ayegba om'Idoko (Ayegba son of Idoko), Atiyele the first son of Idoko migrated eastward of the kingdom to establish Ankpa kingdom ( ÈJÈ of Ankpa) while Ayegba the second son of Idoko succeeded his father as Ata'IGala of Idah. He led a war against the Jukun , which resulted in victory. Meanwhile Ebira is a Prince Of Junkun of the Kwararafa state north of the Benue River in present-day Taraba State. Ebira relics of trace from Junkun, Kwararafa is the Apete stool, their symbol of authority and identity as a group within the kingdoms of Kwararafa. They brought along and kept in a place in Opete Till date. their Major occupation is (Warrior, Hunter, Iron Bender, and Farmer ). The Constant Invasion of Igala Kingdom by The then Benin Kings, The Igbo's and other Kingdom around Make the Atta of Igala Invite a Very Brave Warrior Named Ebira (Positive Character) who came with the Group of his Men From Jukun Kingdom. That was how Ebira migrated to Idah around 1248-1272 AD. The Ebira are Warriors, Hunter, Iron Bender, and Farmers They came to Make The rise of Igala Kingdom became a mega state. That disrupted and contributed to the shift of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade from the Bight of Benin to the Bight of Biafra. Also that was decline period of the Benin Empire between the fivteenth centuries. The Idah-Benin war (1515-1516) was a war of mutual independence because Igala was not Alone in the Battle Field This time . After The war, a Non fulfilments of Promised by Atta Igala to The Ebira Group led to a Land dispute between the two groups in Idah. This led to a parting of ways, and the Ebiras moved southwest. Ebira left Idah After Idah-Benin War Around 1519-1521, They had a stop by at Itobe The Remaining Ebira Group That left Idah are ITAAZI (Ebira tao) IGU (Ebira koto), PANDA (Ebira Nasarawa,) AGATU (Ebira Benue the Father of Ebira MOZUM that chose to Settled Among Basa and Finally UNO ( Ebira Ètè-Uno) who chose to Across the River Benue with ITAAZI. UNO settled in Present day Edo State. Before Ebira Brothers Separated at Itobe River, They all had Misunderstandings Among them self on where to settled since they are all Brothers with different occupations, IGU who has great passion for fishing decided to settled at the river bank. While ITAAZI who Married Atta Igala Daughter was a hard working man, He considered fishing a lazy work so he moved southward into the forest Across the River with his wife and started Hunting and farming. He had his first Daughter (Ohunene at the present day Ohunene Junction in Ajaokuta, She later formed Egayin District. All Members of the various clans in Ebira Tao are descendants of the children of ITAAZI. ITAAZI had five (5) son's named (Adaviruku/Ohizi, Ododo, Obaji, Uga, Ochuga/Onotu). Ohizi (Adaviruku) had five children who are progenitors of the five traditional Adavi clans named after them. They occupied the present day Ajaokuta, Adavi, Okene, Okegwen, Okehi, Ehika, Ihima, Osara, Osisi Among Others. Most Ebira tao Clan is associated with Great Animals they Killed during Era of Hunting. During the conquest of Hausaland by the armies of The religious and Political leader Uthman Dan Fodio, 1786-1809 Ebiras came under a state of conflict with Fulani warlords to the north and west. In the middle of the nineteenth century, two major communities, Igu (Koton Large) as it was called by Hausa, it means strong land because they fought to conquest them but never succeed and were not conquered Ebira was never Conquered by Any Kingdom. Between 1865 and 1880, Ebira battled under the leadership of a warlord, Achigidi Okino with jihadists called Ajinomoh who were from Bida and Ilorin. However, the Ebiras were not conquered by the Fulanis helped in part by security provided by their hilly environment. Before Ebira left Idah The Igala Kingdom influenced and has been influenced by the Ebira, Yoruba, Edo, Idoma. Igala already copy part of Ebira language while sojourning in Idah and also have Lingual mixed with Yoruba and Igbos because of inter language communication during Translactic Slave Trade. Ebira are the warrior that help Igala Kingdom when Igala was paying Homage to old Benin empire and Junkun, Ebira warriors Help Igalas Conquered Many of the northern Igbo state. Most Northern Igbo settlements have lineages with Igala names, cultural practices with marked Igala modification and adaptations. The use of Igala circular basket in contrast to the Ibo rectangular types persists till this day. By the turn of the 18th century, After Ebira have helped The Igalas, the Igala empire was too large for any reliable and robust central control. After The Ebira left, The religious Jihadist started contracting the Igala imperial power, conquering Igala territories in the north around 1768 -1785. Bassa-Igala war added more pressure to Already war-weary Igala empire and The abolition of slave trade brought in untold economic recession to Igalas Land, In 1914 the British burnt down Ibagwa and Obukpa as a punitive measure. By the 1920s, Igala empire was a spent force and a limping shadow, the British easily took over control of both Nsụka and the Igala territories. Igala Language is 60% Yoruba and 40% Igbo, Benin, Ebira, and Idoma. After the Abolish of Slave Trade, Atta Igala wrote Series of Latter to the British to Continue the Slave Trade, Then Haiti Already Declared an Independent State. Copied from OperaHub
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by LaRosa01: 8:38pm On Oct 22, 2023
I didn't bother reading your trash after the first line.usually I dont waste my time with foolish people.next time take this trash to the ebira king and see if he wouldn't slap you.go and learn history from your king,he knows the fact.not this trash local ignorant yahaya has been feeding the ignorant jobless people.
Back to better things,Kogi state is moving forward.an okun man God willing should win,so they too can try there luck at governance after which it is back to the east .as for yahaya,efcc is waiting,his files there are so plenty,no more Buhari to save his useless ass,he must answer for all his deeds

OZIOGU1:

Igala were Slave from Old Kwarafanu Then Sold to Junku King around 6th century The Jukun king settled them in Idah around that period, Abutu Eje Founded Igala Kingdom in the 7th Century. The first " Ata was Ebulejonu, a woman; she was succeeded by her brother Aganapoje, the father of Idoko. Idoko would later succeed him as Ata, and had two children Atiyele and Ayegba om'Idoko (Ayegba son of Idoko), Atiyele the first son of Idoko migrated eastward of the kingdom to establish Ankpa kingdom ( ÈJÈ of Ankpa) while Ayegba the second son of Idoko succeeded his father as Ata'IGala of Idah. He led a war against the Jukun , which resulted in victory. Meanwhile Ebira is a Prince Of Junkun of the Kwararafa state north of the Benue River in present-day Taraba State. Ebira relics of trace from Junkun, Kwararafa is the Apete stool, their symbol of authority and identity as a group within the kingdoms of Kwararafa. They brought along and kept in a place in Opete Till date. their Major occupation is (Warrior, Hunter, Iron Bender, and Farmer ). The Constant Invasion of Igala Kingdom by The then Benin Kings, The Igbo's and other Kingdom around Make the Atta of Igala Invite a Very Brave Warrior Named Ebira (Positive Character) who came with the Group of his Men From Jukun Kingdom. That was how Ebira migrated to Idah around 1248-1272 AD. The Ebira are Warriors, Hunter, Iron Bender, and Farmers They came to Make The rise of Igala Kingdom became a mega state. That disrupted and contributed to the shift of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade from the Bight of Benin to the Bight of Biafra. Also that was decline period of the Benin Empire between the fivteenth centuries. The Idah-Benin war (1515-1516) was a war of mutual independence because Igala was not Alone in the Battle Field This time . After The war, a Non fulfilments of Promised by Atta Igala to The Ebira Group led to a Land dispute between the two groups in Idah. This led to a parting of ways, and the Ebiras moved southwest. Ebira left Idah After Idah-Benin War Around 1519-1521, They had a stop by at Itobe The Remaining Ebira Group That left Idah are ITAAZI (Ebira tao) IGU (Ebira koto), PANDA (Ebira Nasarawa,) AGATU (Ebira Benue the Father of Ebira MOZUM that chose to Settled Among Basa and Finally UNO ( Ebira Ètè-Uno) who chose to Across the River Benue with ITAAZI. UNO settled in Present day Edo State. Before Ebira Brothers Separated at Itobe River, They all had Misunderstandings Among them self on where to settled since they are all Brothers with different occupations, IGU who has great passion for fishing decided to settled at the river bank. While ITAAZI who Married Atta Igala Daughter was a hard working man, He considered fishing a lazy work so he moved southward into the forest Across the River with his wife and started Hunting and farming. He had his first Daughter (Ohunene at the present day Ohunene Junction in Ajaokuta, She later formed Egayin District. All Members of the various clans in Ebira Tao are descendants of the children of ITAAZI. ITAAZI had five (5) son's named (Adaviruku/Ohizi, Ododo, Obaji, Uga, Ochuga/Onotu). Ohizi (Adaviruku) had five children who are progenitors of the five traditional Adavi clans named after them. They occupied the present day Ajaokuta, Adavi, Okene, Okegwen, Okehi, Ehika, Ihima, Osara, Osisi Among Others. Most Ebira tao Clan is associated with Great Animals they Killed during Era of Hunting. During the conquest of Hausaland by the armies of The religious and Political leader Uthman Dan Fodio, 1786-1809 Ebiras came under a state of conflict with Fulani warlords to the north and west. In the middle of the nineteenth century, two major communities, Igu (Koton Large) as it was called by Hausa, it means strong land because they fought to conquest them but never succeed and were not conquered Ebira was never Conquered by Any Kingdom. Between 1865 and 1880, Ebira battled under the leadership of a warlord, Achigidi Okino with jihadists called Ajinomoh who were from Bida and Ilorin. However, the Ebiras were not conquered by the Fulanis helped in part by security provided by their hilly environment. Before Ebira left Idah The Igala Kingdom influenced and has been influenced by the Ebira, Yoruba, Edo, Idoma. Igala already copy part of Ebira language while sojourning in Idah and also have Lingual mixed with Yoruba and Igbos because of inter language communication during Translactic Slave Trade. Ebira are the warrior that help Igala Kingdom when Igala was paying Homage to old Benin empire and Junkun, Ebira warriors Help Igalas Conquered Many of the northern Igbo state. Most Northern Igbo settlements have lineages with Igala names, cultural practices with marked Igala modification and adaptations. The use of Igala circular basket in contrast to the Ibo rectangular types persists till this day. By the turn of the 18th century, After Ebira have helped The Igalas, the Igala empire was too large for any reliable and robust central control. After The Ebira left, The religious Jihadist started contracting the Igala imperial power, conquering Igala territories in the north around 1768 -1785. Bassa-Igala war added more pressure to Already war-weary Igala empire and The abolition of slave trade brought in untold economic recession to Igalas Land, In 1914 the British burnt down Ibagwa and Obukpa as a punitive measure. By the 1920s, Igala empire was a spent force and a limping shadow, the British easily took over control of both Nsụka and the Igala territories. Igala Language is 60% Yoruba and 40% Igbo, Benin, Ebira, and Idoma. After the Abolish of Slave Trade, Atta Igala wrote Series of Latter to the British to Continue the Slave Trade, Then Haiti Already Declared an Independent State. Copied from OperaHub
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2023
LaRosa01:
I didn't bother reading your trash after the first line.usually I dont waste my time with foolish people.next time take this trash to the ebira king and see if he wouldn't slap you.go and learn history from your king,he knows the fact.not this trash local ignorant yahaya has been feeding the ignorant jobless people.
Back to better things,Kogi state is moving forward.an okun man God willing should win,so they too can try there luck at governance after which it is back to the east .as for yahaya,efcc is waiting,his files there are so plenty,no more Buhari to save his useless ass,he must answer for all his deeds

Baba calm down, Ododo will win effortlessly.....The better u accept now and reduce your elevated BP, After 8yrs, Kingsley FANWO will rull for 16yrs, then we may think of the yeast grin but for now Flowe boy is the deal.
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by boxypane(m): 5:58am On Oct 24, 2023
suleimanshehu:
In Kogi politics ethnicity plays a crucial role in governorship elections. The SDP candidates Murtala Yakubu Ajaka is a very good hearted man and is loved by his Igala people of Kogi East, the Igala's formed 45-55% population of Kogi state. The SDP candidate was an APC member, he is the Deputy National Publicity Secretary, is the state Governor sensing his "Ajaka's" popularity decided to used a court to stopped him from contesting the APC primary election. In fact, the Governor wanted to stopped him from contesting the election, the APC National Secretariat as well as his Ajaka's Igalamela/Odolu LGA APC chapter played smart on the Governor by accepting a back dated resignation letter of Muri Ajaka, which then pave the way for his eventual substitution of the SDP flag bearer. Couple with his poor performance after about 8yrs the Current governor wants to impose his cousin Usman Ododo the APC candidate from Kogi Central, his fellow Igbira man as his successor and Igbira people have 20-25% population in Kogi state. Dino Malaye of PDP is famous in Nigeria for the wrong reasons, but in his Kogi West I.e. Okun or Yoruba he is not popular. In fact, the ADC candidate Hon Leke Abejide a current Rep member for Yagba federal constituency is more popular and more generous than Dino, bcx of the gesture of Rep Abejide, ADC won the Rep seat for Kabba/Ijumu constituency the base of Sen Dino Malaye and Sen Smart Adeyemi. The issue in Kogi is that the SDP candidate has about 75-80% of support from his Kogi East which has 9 LGA about 215,000 vote cast in 2023 elections. The APC candidate Usman Ododo an Igbira man will definitely win his Kogi Central 70-80% which has 5 LGA and a total votes cast of 103,000 in 2023 Elections. Sen Dino Malaye of PDP, Hon Leke Abejide of ADC and Mr Olayinka Braimoh of AA might share the 5LGA of Yoruba speaking people in Kogi West while the remaining two i.e. Lokoja and Koton Karfe will be shared by all parties especially SDP, APC, PDP and ADC, Kogi west has a vote cast of 132,000 in 2023 elections. So, the SDP candidate has an advantage over others, because his senatorial zone of Kogi East votes alone can make him victorious at the November 11 polls, by the special grace of God
Igala man spotted. Una too dey full of una self.
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by boxypane(m): 6:01am On Oct 24, 2023
OZIOGU1:

So what does this relationship history imply?
That the Ebiras will vote the way of the Igalas? Or the other way round... Enlighten us pls.
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 8:00am On Oct 24, 2023
LaRosa01:

Your pain my joy grin u may call me names, I better pass you 100%, I am a 7 figure eaener nigga, I come here to have fun at my free time, so calling me name will only give me joy and give you pain...Ododo result is ready, go and hug transformer .....Onura odivi grin
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by LaRosa01: 12:03pm On Oct 24, 2023
hahah 7 figures in naira,hahahahah,my driver earns more than you.
I can remember when Edward came here to ask me to come and be special advice to the governor,I laugh so hard ,I couldn't laugh any more.my brother in the mist of suffering that yahaya has put you all in,am quite sure you think yourself a local champion,please note there are kogite in the diaspora doing really good for themselves.

OZIOGU1:

Your pain my joy grin u may call me names, I better pass you 100%, I am a 7 figure eaener nigga, I come here to have fun at my free time, so calling me name will only give me joy and give you pain...Ododo result is ready, go and hug transformer .....Onura odivi grin
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2023
LaRosa01:
hahah 7 figures in naira,hahahahah,my driver earns more than you.
I can remember when Edward came here to ask me to come and be special advice to the governor,I laugh so hard ,I couldn't laugh any more.my brother in the mist of suffering that yahaya has put you all in,am quite sure you think yourself a local champion,please note there are kogite in the diaspora doing really good for themselves.

My joy your pain, I am keep dying I am alive to celebrate your death, Ododo is ready to take the mantle, results is ready, Nairaland useless boi is pained from kaba grin, Onura obanyi ....keep dying we ready to bury you.....tatatata na ur mate....Bello don do una shege... Dino go beg tire..make I stop here...any attempt to reply my comment,your hand go bend insha Allah grin
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by LaRosa01: 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2023
Poverty is indeed a sin.all this for a little bread.my brother look for things to do.you are definitely bellos boy,see how you call death like its nothing,no respect for human life.insha Allah,you deserve and would get what you wish on others.

OZIOGU1:

My joy your pain, I am keep dying I am alive to celebrate your death, Ododo is ready to take the mantle, results is ready, Nairaland useless boi is pained from kaba grin, Onura obanyi ....keep dying we ready to bury you.....tatatata na ur mate....Bello don do una shege... Dino go beg tire..make I stop here...any attempt to reply my comment,your hand go bend insha Allah grin
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by OZIOGU1: 11:12am On Oct 25, 2023
LaRosa01:
Poverty is indeed a sin.all this for a little bread.my brother look for things to do.you are definitely bellos boy,see how you call death like its nothing,no respect for human life.insha Allah,you deserve and would get what you wish on others.

Death to all Bello haters, Ododo is a goal
Re: Kogi Guber Poll: Several Injured As APC, SDP Supporters Engage In Gun Battle by Oizee(f): 9:16pm On Nov 12, 2023
OZIOGU1:

Amin....IZuya Eehi uya avi Ekura? Uwaka ma tutuhiwu ini mail ni?
lol, funny enough I'm just seeing this message today, congratulations to us first

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dr. Willy Obiano Will Win Landslide in 5 Days Time (Pictures) / Osun: Varsity Mosque Aids Unpaid Muslim Workers / Adamawa Cancels Official Christmas Homage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 195
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.