Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment (7140 Views)

Buhari Given 7-day Ultimatum To Release Kanu, Metuh, Dasuki - Campaign For Democ / Buhari Has So Far Borrowed $3b without doing anything at all / Dangote, Elumelu Jostle For 10 NIPP Power Plants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by cinzo: 4:42pm On Oct 27, 2011
Why are you sending the guys details to SSS? Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by OlaBamitu: 4:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
having freedom of speech doesn't mean you must abuse it. you must have an accurate information. not come here i spew poo
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by KacHemNaU(m): 4:56pm On Oct 27, 2011
And they sharia law is too strict, Implement the law to fight corruption and see what will happen
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by KacHemNaU(m): 4:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
Take it easy oo
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by icez: 5:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
Customs should retrieve the equipment quickly.  angry. If not i will call on; us, nato and libyan fighters to help out.  wink
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by gascoign1(m): 5:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
Another home movie,
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by 9ja4eva: 5:21pm On Oct 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

I have sent this to the SSS for you to prove this is right. People who make outrageous statements on NairaLand should be thought serious lessons - you will soon know.

Feel free boi.If the SSS doesn't come back to me with anything then your Bottom will be thrown in jail.
You will soon know too.You don't have a slight idea who you are messing with.
Let me know what the SSS comes up with.Bootlicker like you.

P.S : If you need more information for SSS let me know.

gascoign1:

Another home movie,

Correct home video
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by andyanders: 5:48pm On Oct 27, 2011
Custom officials are the most corrupt sector we have here in Nigeria. It will be difficult to get any official that is not a multi millionaire.

Armed robbers are better than them. Most of the confiscated goods end up in their wife’s shops or their personal business.

How come a man at that position claim that he is not aware that it was NIPP Equipment? I love the way Senator Ngege handled the issue. Let those involved be dismissed and put to jail
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by http(m): 5:52pm On Oct 27, 2011
9ja4eva:

Feel free boi.If the SSS doesn't come back to me with anything then your Bottom will be thrown in jail.
You will soon know too.You don't have a slight idea who you are messing with.
Let me know what the SSS comes up with.Bootlicker like you.

P.S : If you need more information for SSS let me know.

Correct home video

What happen to freedom of speech, even Obama can't do nothing for people criticizing him on National TV.
werepeLeri:

I have sent this to the SSS for you to prove this is right. People who make outrageous statements on NairaLand should be thought serious lessons - you will soon know.

It is people like you that makes this country what it is today, if you are elected to serve, the power belongs to the people, an 8 years old kid can demand to see the President in the U.S and ask about crucial issues that affect him and his country. You make presidency look like God. Call CIA, FBI, BCI, INTERPOL, or whatever u like. Just sit there, your future generation will curse you when the time comes cos their Grand parent is an A.S.S LICKER.

1 Like

Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by 9ja4eva: 5:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
No mind the yeye man.I wonder who he thinks he is threatening.If only he knows who he is talking to.

I have the right to speak my mind and call the Government to order if i see something wrong.

It it my "RIGHT" not a privilege as a citizen of NIGERIA.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by http(m): 6:07pm On Oct 27, 2011
9ja4eva:

No mind the yeye man.I wonder who he thinks he is threatening.If only he knows who he is talking to.

I have the right to speak my mind and call the Government to order if i see something wrong.

It it my "RIGHT" not a privilege as a citizen of NIGERIA.

Instead of him talking about the issue, he is attacking someone talking about it, just dey continue ur suffering, till you exist no more, imagine the other time when Sahara Reporters was asking Ojo Madueke about the Yar' adua saga, he started insulting the guy back, The reportes replied back" you don't call me stupid, just answer the question and stop the insult, we are not in Nigeria, this is U.S" When we refuse to ask the people in power questions that affect us, we have agreed to whatever they are doing.

People recall, senators back here because of issues that affect them which they are not addressing, you sit there looking for who said what to the president, what a wasted Generation you are. angry
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by revomind(m): 6:11pm On Oct 27, 2011
Man,

Shouldn't this warrant an arrest and a subsequent dismissal from such a sensitive position?

There's only so much the Senate can do. We have a President, he should do the right things and not 'nimble around' official theft.

My predictions: this will pass and will be biz as usual.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 6:19pm On Oct 27, 2011
grin grin why are some NLers shocked, this is small change naa! grin N450 billion Naira ONLY grin allow this custom people see chop na grin
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by redsun(m): 6:20pm On Oct 27, 2011
That is the Way it works in nigeria,DAGBO. Unsurprisingly,PHCN top executives will be major players in the actioning. Nigeria is a country where company CEOs reason like common pickpockets,dips
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by aribisala0(m): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2011
truth is the buyers acted lawfully and may sue the govt,for substantial damages if they take them back by force. we must not forget that govt is not above the law
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Beaf: 6:43pm On Oct 27, 2011
aribisala0:

truth is the buyers acted lawfully and may sue the govt,for substantial damages if they take them back by force. we must not forget that govt is not above the law

Not if it can be proven that the goods were stolen. It is a crime to receive stolen goods.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by emmatok(m): 6:53pm On Oct 27, 2011
Beaf:

Not if it can be proven that the goods were stolen. It is a crime to receive stolen goods.

Brov, those goods weren't   stolen, they ware Auctioned off.

Thesame way that Evil Nigeria Custom Auctioned off good belonging to innocent Nigerians.

I am happy  that the government is at the receiving end of corruption .
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by emmatok(m): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2011
werepeLeri:

MUMU,

Who do know in the SSS? you just day run your mouth anyhow.

Tomorrow you will come here claiming you are GEJ brother.

Abegi Stop making noise.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Wallie(m): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2011
aribisala0:

You cannot sell what you do not own. The title (legal rights) to the property did not pass to the Customs, which means that the title cannot be passed on to the buyers of the property. The contract for sale/auction is void ab initio and the innocent 3rd parties only have a claim against the Customs.

Also, the 3rd parties cannot be jailed because they didn't do anything wrong and only got duped.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by emmatok(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2011
Wallie:

You cannot sell what you do not own. The title (legal rights) to the property did not pass to the Customs, which means that the title cannot be passed on to the buyers of the property. The contract for sale/auction is void ab initio and the innocent 3rd parties only have a claim against the Customs.

Also, the 3rd parties cannot be jailed because they didn't do anything wrong and only got duped.

SO what do you say about POLICE, LASTMA and other GOVT agencies Auctioning off people properties.

These practice is not new.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by pkv(m): 7:06pm On Oct 27, 2011
icez:

Customs should retrieve the equipment quickly.  angry. If not i will call on; us, nato and libyan fighters to help out.  wink
biko,just wait till monday afta i don exit d country b4 u invite dem!ejor na
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Wallie(m): 7:08pm On Oct 27, 2011
Thinking about this further, it is also possible that there's a law that effectively gives legal rights to abandoned property to the customs. If true, then they can dispose it according to their rules.

The next question will be to determine if the property fits the definition of “abandoned property.” If it does, then the senate can’t really do anything but to change the law as written. Then again, this is Nigeria!
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Wallie(m): 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2011
emmatok:

SO what do you say about POLICE, LASTMA and other GOVT agencies Auctioning off people properties.

These practice is not new.

Answered above.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by aribisala0(m): 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2011
Wallie:

with respect that is bunkum.

[b]
there is legislation that empowers the customs to do just that [/b]which has already been alluded to. of course there are so many ifs here without access to details.

but there is no doubt that under prescribed circumstances the customs may auction goods at the port whether contraband,unclaimed etc

the 3rd parties are in possession of the goods and they cannot be recovered by illegal means, rather if any it is the owner of the goods that has a claim on the customs if at all

if the customs actually auctioned the goods then they are not stolen and cannot be recovered under stolen goods procedures but through the civil courts and i do not see that happening, what is more likely is that the government may resort to  criminal self help knowing nigeria and they will be sued for huge damages
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Wallie(m): 7:16pm On Oct 27, 2011
aribisala0:

with respect that is bunkum.

[b]
there is legislation that empowers the customs to do just that [/b]which has already been alluded to. of course there are so many ifs here without access to details.

but there is no doubt that under prescribed circumstances the customs may auction goods at the port whether contraband,unclaimed etc

the 3rd parties are in possession of the goods and they cannot be recovered by illegal means, rather if any it is the owner of the goods that has a claim on the customs if at all

if the customs actually auctioned the goods then they are not stolen and cannot be recovered under stolen goods procedures but through the civil courts and i do not see that happening, wgat is more likely is that the government may resort to criminal self help knowing nigeria and they will be sued for huge damages

Check out post #53 but what I said that you quoted still stands.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by doctokwus: 7:18pm On Oct 27, 2011
Its a bad precedent if we allow people on this forum threaten others wt report & personal info about  in view to getting them arrested by d SSS or anyother security agency,its horrifying to know that such a threat can b allowed to b posted and d poster not banned for wanting to turn this into a gestapo infiltrated forum.
If u av superior argument against s/bdy,post d reply and not this cheap,common nigerian way of threatening people wt links to security agencies.What child's place is NL turning to allowing such stupidity to b aired
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by aribisala0(m): 7:30pm On Oct 27, 2011
Wallie:

Check out post #53 but what I said that you quoted still stands.
it may stand in your mind but i do not agree

this is over and beyond abandoned property.
the legislation covers a wide range of circumstances and procedures for disposing of goods

there are civil and criminal strands to the case

criminal

are those who currently have possesion of the goods doing so lawfully or are they in possession of stolen goods ??
possession is a distinct issue from ownership.
this seems quite straightforward based on the testimony of the customs. they have attended the auction (A government Auction) in good faith and taken an investment risk. they did not steal the goods and the last person that was lawfully in possession of these goods (the customs) has not reported them stolen

civil
do those who have possession now have lawful ownership and from the governments perspective how can the goods be recovered

this is a more complex issue but if the owners of the good can show that the customs have not followed the law in auctioning their goods they may have a claim against the Customs NOT those who bought the goods
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Wallie(m): 7:40pm On Oct 27, 2011
aribisala0:

are those who currently have possesion of the goods doing so lawfully or are they in possession of stolen goods ??
possession is a distinct issue from ownership.
this seems quite straightforward based on the testimony of the customs. they have attended the auction (A government Auction) in good faith and taken an investment risk. they did not steal the goods and the last person that was lawfully in possession of these goods (the customs) has not reported them stolen

civil
do those who have possession now have lawful ownership and from the governments perspective how can the goods be recovered

this is a more complex issue but if the owners of the good can show that the customs have not followed the law in auctioning their goods they may have a claim against the Customs NOT those who bought the goods

It not quite as difficult as it seems and the law is mostly mechanical.

B fraudulent induces A to part with goods, and B sells the goods to C. If the goods are found, it will be given back to A and B is guilty of fraud (criminal). The only recourse C has is against B, which is in civil court. If B has no money, then C is out of luck.
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by Wallie(m): 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2011
"fraudulently"
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by knotty(m): 7:58pm On Oct 27, 2011
Customs is acting within the ambits of its powers. The law allows it do what it did.
If we all abandon our containers in the ports because it is cheaper to pay demurrage than warehousing rents, how will the ports serve the majority who are willing to take delivery of their goods?
We will resort back to the era of blockstacking, acute congestion and unmanageable port operations. Some people think the laws empowering customs to seize and auction uncleared goods are exemptory. Nay. they are not.
Besides, a larger part of the ports have been concessioned. The concessionaires are paying back to Government per square metres and not per contents of containers. How do you want them to recoup their investment if govt,s containers are untouchable?
Besides, don,t forget, these containers were imported by private companies who have been paid in full clearing charges. Those exempted from Duty have relevant documents to that effect, but greed will never let them take delivery of their goods. that is ther bane.

THEY WILL RATHER USE THOSE EXEMPTIONS TO BRING IN MERCHANDISABLE GOODS, SELL, MAKE PROFIT AT THE  EXPENSE OF CONTAINERS MEANT FOR COMMUNUAL GOOD.

Biut then again, it must be stressed that the auction process are as murky as the depth of hell. Too many interest are pandered too at the detriment of the common good. It is a mafia-like operation and that makes the whole thing stink.

Nigeria is in a moribund state, one rascally act of parliamentary oversight is not going to pull onE frigging hair, it is an act in futilility,

RUBBISH SENATE
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by aribisala0(m): 8:04pm On Oct 27, 2011
Wallie:

It not quite as difficult as it seems and the law is mostly mechanical.

B fraudulent induces A to part with goods, and B sells the goods to C. If the goods are found, it will be given back to A and B is guilty of fraud (criminal). The only recourse C has is against B, which is in civil court. If B has no money, then C is out of luck.

again this is wrong and there are no absolutes.

most individual cases will be dealt with on their own merit

if i steal $1000 from you and use the money to have a party at McDonalds and the money is found in the CASH REGISTER what do we do ?? who owns the money??

in this case their is no evidence of fraud or theft more like a blunder e.g. an employee of walmart mistakenly marks a dress for $20 instead of 200 and i buy it and walmart tries to recover same from me

let us be real here. where is the evidence for fraud/theft or crime in this case
Re: Custom's CG Given 7 Days To Retrieve Auctioned $3B NIPP Equipment by mekaboy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 27, 2011
DOES IT MEAN GEJ IS BEING TRANSPARENT IN HIS GOVT ? shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Farouk Lawan’s Lawyer Says Audio Clip Doctored - VIDEO / Jang Didnt Plan To Be Chairman Of Governors' Forum / Breaking News; Alameiyeisegha Is Alive. He Was Sighted At A Creek In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.