Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,354 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America (3586 Views)

I Wasn't Her Type Of Man 3 Years Ago But Now I Suddenly Became Her Type / Young Girl Shows Talent Under Oshodi Bridge / My Pre-Wedding Pictures, I Am 21 Years, While She Is 19 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Rebuker(m): 2:07pm On Nov 20, 2023
"How I suddenly found myself under Oshodi bridge after spending 21 years in America - Nigerian man shares tearfully.

A Nigerian man who has stayed abroad for years shares how he suddenly found himself in Africa, Nigeria. In what obviously looks like a spiritually controlled event, the man, speaking in Yoruba dialect, explains that he studied banking and finance.

According to him, his son is now around 40 years old. In tears, he shares the ordeal of how he has fallen from grace to grass on Kokoro Alate, a popular live TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2pbQrBFZQ

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by TemplarLandry: 2:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
This is so terrible, I managed to watch the whole clip.
Aye le o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Jeon(m): 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
grin

You people should stop blaming Spirituality, Witches and Wizards in every situation in life.

During 50s,most people must harvested the karmas they cultivated during their 20s,30s to 40s.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by TemplarLandry: 2:22pm On Nov 20, 2023
We all know you people's tactics.
Always downplaying the spiritual to make gullible ones remain ignorant.

Anyone who says there are no witches n wizards is always a suspect.

Jeon:
grin
You people should stop blaming Spirituality, Witches and Wizards.

During 50s,most people must harvested the karmas they cultivated during their 20s,30s to 40s.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Figger(m): 3:08pm On Nov 20, 2023
TemplarLandry:
We all know you people's tactics. Always downplaying the spiritual to make gullible ones remain ignorant.

Gbam!

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by BigBlackPreek(m): 3:11pm On Nov 20, 2023
It is well. God will lift you up and retrieve all you have lost in multiple folds......

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by RepoMan007: 3:20pm On Nov 20, 2023
Hmmm..
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:31pm On Nov 20, 2023
undecided

Seems like an urban myth.

It's claimed that village people will do Total Recall for you undecided

Funny enough. Was more rampant in 80s and 90s. Not now wey everyone don dey go abroad.

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by KingOfAllIgbos: 3:43pm On Nov 20, 2023
Watched the whole clip. Forgive my cynicism.

There's juju out there and there are also pathological liars.

I have seen both. If this man is genuine, I pray he gets help.

3 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by IVORY2009(m): 4:01pm On Nov 20, 2023
YouTubers Association of Nairaland Branch wants to cash out with videos
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Talkisneeded: 4:34pm On Nov 20, 2023
Real life exists.
I've seen juju before,so I walk carefully and pray not to step on heavy men's leg.

I sell herbs that'll help your life

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by OPICANTO2223: 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2023
Come let me ask, do Yorubas also do OWAMBE/PARTY in USA?. If the answer is yes, the man probably might have used his money πŸ€‘πŸ’° for it.

Cos I can't understand.

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by PureFace1(m): 7:28pm On Nov 20, 2023
must be mental problems
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:29pm On Nov 20, 2023
I know say na only Afonjaa man fit go US land of opportunities and come back empty handed

2 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by AmotekunSW: 11:38pm On Nov 20, 2023
Jeon:
grin

You people should stop blaming Spirituality, Witches and Wizards in every situation in life.

See how this one has appointed herself as the PRO of evil spirits.

You are not normal. No wonder your posts always expose the fact that there's a gap in your 'upstairs*.
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Vinnie2000(m): 11:51pm On Nov 20, 2023
Since 2015, the lives of most Nigerians have taken a Downturn. embarassed undecided

So the USELESS APC/Buhari/Tinubu govt should be Blamed here. sad sad
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Rebuker(m): 8:34am On Nov 21, 2023
Jeon:
grin

Hmmm, It's okay to be woke, but denying the existence of the obvious is not just healthy.

A quick life story: there was a man living very close to our house back then, an old-time friend of his that he has helped in the past offered a scholarship to one of his children, but the man decided to present the son of his second wife who happened to be the 4th child of the family for the scholarship.

His first wife confronted the man, telling him her own son, who is even the first of the family, should be the one to be given the scholarship and not the second wife's son.

However, the man refused to yield, and that led to a serious fight, a lot of fights in the family. According to the man, he preferred the second wife's son because he is way more intelligent and very serious with school than the first wife's son, who isn't very bright academically.

To cut the story short, during one of the fights, the first wife was heard saying, β€œlet him go, he will come back the same way he goes, he will come back to drink garri.”

Fast forward to 2 years later, the guy returned to Nigeria, abandoning his study for no reason. On one occasion when queried, he said not much access to garri there, and he can't survive such a place.

The guy's life has never been the same since he returned. If you see the guy now, you will never believe he has ever traveled abroad before.

So, what will you call that? A mere coincidence?

See, let's be β€œwoke,” but please let's not be ignorant of the evil that exists in this world o.

6 Likes

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Natbrowny: 9:22am On Nov 21, 2023
Na why most go. Hustle n come back home.. Coz once u r old.. UK and US have no use for you.

Even veterans dey suffer. Coz govt pays no attention to them anymore.. In Africa once u reach 60 and u get bar. Life just start be dat. πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Akpaamunsi: 9:45am On Nov 21, 2023
Ayeeleee o grin
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by FRANCISTOWN: 11:11am On Nov 21, 2023
Rebuker:

"How I suddenly found myself under Oshodi bridge after spending 21 years in America - Nigerian man shares tearfully.

A Nigerian man who has stayed abroad for years shares how he suddenly found himself in Africa, Nigeria. In what obviously looks like a spiritually controlled event , the man, speaking in Yoruba dialect, explains that he studied banking and finance.

According to him, his son is now around 40 years old. In tears, he shares the ordeal of how he has fallen from grace to grass on Kokoro Alate, a popular live TV show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2pbQrBFZQ

I don't like the words obviously and spiritual
This man's case had nothing to do with spiritual bullshit.

He was simply a mental health patient.

There are many mental conditions that can make you forget the memories of who you are for many years.
One is DID.

But this is Africa. Everything is spiritual. Nonsense and salad
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by FRANCISTOWN: 11:24am On Nov 21, 2023
Rebuker:

Hmmm, It's okay to be woke, but denying the existence of the obvious is not just healthy.

A quick life story: there was a man living very close to our house back then, an old-time friend of his that he has helped in the past offered a scholarship to one of his children, but the man decided to present the son of his second wife who happened to be the 4th child of the family for the scholarship.

His first wife confronted the man, telling him her own son, who is even the first of the family, should be the one to be given the scholarship and not the second wife's son.

However, the man refused to yield, and that led to a serious fight, a lot of fights in the family. According to the man, he preferred the second wife's son because he is way more intelligent and very serious with school than the first wife's son, who isn't very bright academically.

To cut the story short, during one of the fights, the first wife was heard saying, β€œlet him go, he will come back the same way he goes, he will come back to drink garri.”

Fast forward to 2 years later, the guy returned to Nigeria, abandoning his study for no reason. On one occasion when queried, he said not much access to garri there, and he can't survive such a place.

The guy's life has never been the same since he returned. If you see the guy now, you will never believe he has ever traveled abroad before.

See, let's be β€œwoke,” but please let's not be ignorant of the evil that exists in this world o.
As much as this story cannot be verified. Regardless, craving is a really serious feeling.

The answer is already in the story. The guy said "He couldn't survive without garri".
That means, his life depends on garri fir without it, he wouldn't survive.

We all are just trying to survive.

I have an uncle, though his life doesn't depend on Abuja kilishi but this man can take a flight to Abuja just to have a taste of this Abokis' kilishi as e dey hot.
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by luminouz(m): 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2023
Rebuker:

And that is exactly why her own son is not so bright at all

You see in life ehn, people are so focused on others that they neglect their own development. They are constantly envious, jealous and bitter of others achievements and neglect to focus on their own goals and in the end, still blame others for their own miserable lives

A wise woman would have allowed that boy to go peacefully and strive to make sure her own son forges his own path (since he isn't too bright academically). Her son would have been better off if she focused on his strengths and not weaknesses. How will the son survive abroad when he is weak academically biko? But you see, she let her emotions get so heated that she actually planned something evil for the second wife's son and actually ruined him.

She forgot that evil is a double edged sword and what she did will also have a rebound effect on her own son because the second wife will obviously revenge. So you have a family of many sons who became useless due to the raging emotions of their evil mothers. And so, no one progresses in the family.

N.B: Although I am human, I also learnt early in life never to be jealous of anyone to the extent of trying to hurt them. Instead, my mantra has always been to be happy for them(even when they get rich and forget me) because I believe I will also make it in life. So all my attention, strength, focus and drive ARE ALL ON MY OWN HUSTLE. I don't waste it on anyone else. I thank God for where I am today. I only wish people will focus on themselves and stop getting jealous and envious to the point of harming others who succeed. This OP story touched me because I have seen a gazillion of such personally.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by luminouz(m): 4:20pm On Nov 21, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

As much as this story cannot be verified. Regardless, craving is a really serious feeling.

The answer is already in the story. The guy said "He couldn't survive without garri".
That means, his life depends on garri fir without it, he wouldn't survive.

We all are just trying to survive.

I have an uncle, though his life doesn't depend on Abuja kilishi but this man can take a flight to Abuja just to have a taste of this Abokis' kilishi as e dey hot.

I don't believe your story is the same as that shared. Any woman who makes such a loaded statement has fixed it in the spiritual realm. Which nonsense gaari does the son have to come back naija to drink? Gaari no dey American or UK markets? His parents can't send gaari to him from naija?

Think, bro, think!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by FRANCISTOWN: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2023
luminouz:

I don't believe your story is the same as that shared. Any woman who makes such a loaded statement has fixed it in the spiritual realm. Which nonsense gaari does the son have to come back naija to drink? Gaari no dey American or UK markets? His parents can't send gaari to him from naija?

Think, bro, think!!

You and I are both third parties in the story.
The first person himself said he missed garri.
We can't possibly know him more than he knows himself.

The cost of Nigerian food over there is quite exorbitant and the parents might not know just how to get garri over there.

Again , he might have been experiencing a kind of mental issues.

Nothing is always spiritually related
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by luminouz(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2023
FRANCISTOWN:

You and I are both third parties in the story.
The first person himself said he missed garri.
We can't possibly know him more than he knows himself.

The cost of Nigerian food over there is quite exorbitant and the parents might not know just how to get garri over there.

Again , he might have been experiencing a kind of mental issues.

Nothing is always spiritually related
And I have TOLD YOU that no human being or Nigerian would come home and refuse to go back because of GAARI!

Are you ok bro? You mean you will come home from schooling abroad and refuse to go back because of gaari? Or didn't you see how his life turned out afterwards? He refused to go back to school since then....or his love for gaari made him stay in Naija too?

Of course he had mental issues, caused by the stepmom. It's as glaring as hell.

I have seen more of his case than you can imagine. I'm done bantering with you.

Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Sholuwa241: 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2023
BigBlackPreek:
It is well. God will lift you up and retrieve all you have lost in multiple folds......

Hmm
When will he retrieve that his lost destiny
Is it when he must have die and buried
Please stop

End of discussion
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by mykymyk101: 3:22am On Nov 22, 2023
Dem don hack hin control panel.
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Kobojunkie: 3:49am On Nov 22, 2023
Rebuker:
A Nigerian man who has stayed abroad for years shares how he suddenly found himself in Africa, Nigeria. In what obviously looks like a spiritually controlled event, the man, speaking in Yoruba dialect, explains that he studied banking and finance.
According to him, his son is now around 40 years old. In tears, he shares the ordeal of how he has fallen from grace to grass on Kokoro Alate, a popular live TV show
The man was obviously mentally disconnected for a long while. Where is his son to tell us what really happened to his father o'jare! undecided

I will not be shocked to learn that they lifted the man, at some point, back to Nigeria to get him treatment, only the spiritual treatment failed and so he ended up roaming until he finally woke up one day --- from a long mental sleep --- under Oshodi bridge.. undecided
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Kobojunkie: 3:50am On Nov 22, 2023
TemplarLandry:
We all know you people's tactics.
Always downplaying the spiritual to make gullible ones remain ignorant.

Abeg getaway! lipsrsealed
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Kobojunkie: 3:52am On Nov 22, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
β–  Watched the whole clip. Forgive my cynicism. There's juju out there and there are also pathological liars. I have seen both. If this man is genuine, I pray he gets help.
Either that or he experienced a form of mental disconnect for a while only to later recover after many years. undecided

What happened to his family and friends from before we lost touch with reality. They might have the clues to figuring out how he went from Caltech to oshodi bridge. undecided
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Kobojunkie: 3:54am On Nov 22, 2023
PureFace1:
must be mental problems
The usual suspect! undecided
Re: How I Suddenly Found Myself Under Oshodi Bridge After 21 Years In America by Kobojunkie: 4:54am On Nov 22, 2023
Rebuker:
β– Hmmm, It's okay to be woke, but denying the existence of the obvious is not just healthy. A quick life story: there was a man living very close to our house back then, an old-time friend of his that he has helped in the past offered a scholarship to one of his children, but the man decided to present the son of his second wife who happened to be the 4th child of the family for the scholarship.
His first wife confronted the man, telling him her own son, who is even the first of the family, should be the one to be given the scholarship and not the second wife's son. However, the man refused to yield, and that led to a serious fight, a lot of fights in the family. According to the man, he preferred the second wife's son because he is way more intelligent and very serious with school than the first wife's son, who isn't very bright academically. To cut the story short, during one of the fights, the first wife was heard saying, β€œlet him go, he will come back the same way he goes, he will come back to drink garri.”
Fast forward to 2 years later, the guy returned to Nigeria, abandoning his study for no reason. On one occasion when queried, he said not much access to garri there, and he can't survive such a place. The guy's life has never been the same since he returned. If you see the guy now, you will never believe he has ever traveled abroad before. So, what will you call that? A mere coincidence? See, let's be β€œwoke,” but please let's not be ignorant of the evil that exists in this world o.
Stop telling these disconnected tales abeg! Ask the boy to explain his journey himself, rather than assume it was all because of something someone else said in passing. undecided

There are so many people with what many thought were promising futures who ended up with tales similar to that which you described there. Go ask the boy to tell you his truth and you will be shocked how easily even the brightest among us can be reduced to a pitiful case by even one single traumatic case or even stress. Ask that boy where he was and go investigate things and you might be surprised what led up to him being sent back and reduced. undecided

Please stop spinning these irritating tales told majorly from the perspective of one who prefers to cling to ignorance rather than visit the reality of things. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

If She Is Not Good Enough To Be Your Wife, Then Don't Sleep With Her! / Love Is Not About Beauty Is About^^^^^^^ Click And See / I Am Finished! My God, Why Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.