Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,205 members, 7,818,701 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US (11413 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Gov Okorocha Vs Fashola In Ear-wrestling (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by OchukoII: 7:17pm On Oct 31, 2011
Basically you guys are saying he should not spend money simply because others are embezzling funds. The truth is this, even if he decides to build just schools, people who want to steal would simply either take the contracts to build, or award the contracts to the guy with the highest kickback rates, resulting in substandard products all over again. Maybe when the citizens value education, the government would be forced to develop schools. Meanwhile he should help those willing few.

As for the possibility of running away, I am sure you guys don't think he is that stupid as not to protect his investments. They must have signed some binding contract. Maybe, Just maybe if we stopped criticizing every move made, we may encourage people to do good.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by sleekman(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2011
I hate to say this, your shallow thinking here is just pitiable This is a great move by Okorocha and it benefits 40 fold. This guy has made his intention known time and time again. At this rate Imo state will have the highest literacy rate in the country. Sending teachers also for internships and training abroad will greatly improve their tutoring skills. As someone who was a beneficiary of one although I got mine while in school through AIESEC, I know it's a great experience.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by toluxa1(m): 7:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
Its so fukcing annoying to know that some sets of illiterates kick against this move? Wait, can we ever be satisfied in this country at all? No be una fault. Go to some states and see what is being done with Government funds - EATEN! Half bread is better than none o, plus this is way more half bread as far as I am concerned.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Torch1(m): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2011
iykak47:

At least it  is better to sponsor 60 Imo students to Usa than to increase school fee from 25,000 naira to 250,000 naira or to conspire with Justice Abdul Fatai Adeyinka to rig local government election.  Am sure tribalism wont allow you to pronounce ROCHAS FOUNDATION.         Mgbo piafukwa gi  isi, anu mpam
lmao! No be small mgbo piafukwa ya isi, ndi ara! Saharareporters said that the worst primary School in the World is located in Ogun state, am still waiting for Amosu to do his magic within 5months in office. Ndi osu imi!
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by udezue(m): 7:38pm On Oct 31, 2011
Smh @ Ndu-chuks and other enemies of progress.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by novaman: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
It is ok for Jonathan to send militants but not ok for a governor to send only 60 student, I was even of the view that the number of student is only 60, yet you are saying its too much; what if you have a relative or even you as one of that student will you be complaining; abeg go find work. una too dey complain for every little thing, my dad benefited in the 70s, I also benefited from the NDDC sponsored New York film Academy project in 2010; you should be thanking him and encourage him to do more.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by toluxa1(m): 7:52pm On Oct 31, 2011
novaman:

It is ok for Jonathan to send militants but not ok for a governor to send only 60 student, I was even of the view that the number of student is only 60, yet you are saying its too much; what if you have a relative or even you as one of that student will you be complaining; abeg go find work. una too dey complain for every little thing, my dad benefited in the 70s, I also benefited from the NDDC sponsored New York film Academy project in 2010; you should be thanking him and encourage him to do more.

[b]I wonder ooo! [/b]Rubbish angry
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Oct 31, 2011
novaman:

Out of curiosity, can you please name at least 10 people who actually deemed it OK/a good idea for Jonathan to send militants abroad? And while you are at it, could you also list 1 reason why that action by Jonathan, no matter how appalled many are by it, should be justification for this or any other governor out there, dipping into PUBLIC funds to send PRIVATE citizens to far away lands for Education(not sure if there is a contract here that the private citizens must come back and serve the state as a consequence), when millions in the same state cannot even get the basic still. I would get a glimpse into the mind of people such as yourself who create these connections where none really should exist.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by aljharem3: 8:00pm On Oct 31, 2011
Some of the comments here are absolutilly amazing. Well as they say, you get the leader you deserve. I mean see how Nigerians are thinking, THIS IS WHY NIGERIA HAS NOT MOVE UP SINCE THE WESTERN LEADER DIE.

OchukoII:

@Poster:
Usually, I enjoy reading posts and all without commenting. In this case, I felt your biased post needed a response.

Why is it that when people are trying to make things better the only thing you see is an ill motive? I think the fact that he is spending state resources on students from the state to grant them an opportunity to see things is a wise thing.

Okorocha may not be a saint, I know next to nothing about him, but please, if you have nothing constructive to say, then just keep your opinions to yourself.

On students by sending them abroad  ?? when the state's uni is not up to scratch  

Fhemmmy:

Anything good in him sending people to USA and on 7000$$ allowance, while our schools and training centres in Nigeria are left in ruins?

thank you

OchukoII:

I Doubt if it is Okorocha's duty to help the Federal government restructure the educational sector. He is doing what he can (within the limits of his Jurisdiction). As for the $7000, it sure seems like a lot when you consider the total sum, however, if the state would send them abroad for 6 months, the state should also cater for them. I am not sure $7000 is not too much, however I still think it is a good plan.

Is Imo state university in part of his jurisdiction ?  What of the other students in Imo What of those studing the same course as the students he sent abroad, should they not be give the same equal opportunity ?

chima ike:

Poster please don't critisize Okorocha for no just reason, u can never deny it that the training these guys will acquire in US can be the same with Nigeria. He is empowering them with knowledge, u dont force people to sponsor the program, the government can start and other Imolites can start. Abeg stop critisizing the man unjustly.

WTF  What are you talking about

so those in Nigeria should not be empowered with knowledge abi. What of those in Imo state uni

PointB:

In real life, millions look up to a few.

Obama, GEJ, even a despot like Buhari, and a rascal like Tinubu are all looked up to by millions. Thats how things work in real life. So no big deal, if selected few are given more exposure, than average exposure for all and sundry.

Can you imagine angry

so what makes you think those selected few would do it right ? Think before you post

You give people equal opportunities then the best or the most intelligent would emerge as the leader not just the unintelligent lucky one. STOP POSTING STU.PID COMMENTS sad sad sad

kabirgym:

Nigerians would always speak as Nigerians. How is investing in the future of the youth in Imo State become a waste. Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Lets be reasonable here, If you that is currently condemning his move were to be the once sent to the State, would you kick against it? THINK OF IT!!!!. Congratulation Sir, GOV OKOROCHA Keep the Good Work!!!!!!!!

he did noT INVEST IN THE YOUTHS OF IMO STATE BUT INVESTED 60 PEOPLE who he hand picked

You are speaking like a typical Nigerian Leader and that is why we are still in the quagmire in Nigeria.

Investing in the Youth of Imo is Making Imo state uni the best Uni in Nigeria not just sending 60 out of millions of Imo youths to USA. I mean come on

iykak47:

[b] At least it  is better to sponsor 60 Imo students to Usa than to increase school fee from 25,000 naira to 250,000 naira [/b]or to conspire with Justice Abdul Fatai Adeyinka to rig local government election.  Am sure tribalism wont allow you to pronounce ROCHAS FOUNDATION.         Mgbo piafukwa gi  isi, anu mpam

Who is this Ideeiot I think Roacha should invest his resources on SE Youths because majority of them there IQ is why below average with what I am seeing.

Of course it is you that saw tribalism in this, Why no think before posting. MUMU undecided

Torch1:

lmao! No be small mgbo piafukwa ya isi, ndi ara! Saharareporters said that the worst primary School in the World is located in Ogun state, am still waiting for Amosu to do his magic within 5months in office. Ndi osu imi!

Of course Amosun needs to look to this but we are talking of Imo here more over Ndu chuks and I are NOT YORUBAS so you 2 should stop this ur fixation on Tribalism and focus on the topic.

udezue:

Smh @ Ndu-chuks and other enemies of progress.

How  

60 Youths = Whole Imo Youths

novaman:

Did we not frown to this, Moreover amnesty is different from hand picking youths
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by micawber(m): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2011
boneruns:

Sincerely, it is a welcome development. No doubt, human development is the best a state/country can give its' citizen. So long the beneficiary can give back to the state what they learnt in the internship program.

But, I doubt if this opportunity was given to those who can't afford it themselves. I can bet with anything that this opportunity was given to rapacious government officials whose kids are studying in different institution of the state.

Once again I say, Okorocha, more power to your elbow. I must let him know, 10,000 genuine jobs given to Imolites during the previous administration is marred by avaricious officials since he assumed office.

Firstly, Every intelligent Nigerian would want to know the Criteria for this selection. A lot of these students are on their I.T already since 2 months ago while others are at home on holidays. How did they select without any sign or notice in any of the school.
Secondly, Those of them in FUTO are still on Holidays, same to Alvan and IMSU, who are they deceiving after all? International exchange of students has been in existence for years, and was never being sponsored by a state governement, why must Okorocha? This is a misguided and misplaced priority. A lot of schools (both secondary and tertiary) in Imo state are dilapidated, no practical/science equipment. He should have done something to renovate these schools than invest (sorry waste) $7,000 USD each on the chosen ([size=18pt]I.M-selected[/size]) students to go and flex [/b]in US.

[b]I said it times without number that the embattled ex-governor is by far better than Rochas, even if he is to looth, he plans it, but Rochas behaves more like a fellow under oppression.

He should leanr the qualities of a good leader, it is different from self glorification as Apostle of free Education.

Already i was at IMSU last week, acceptance fee is still [size=18pt]N50,000.00[/size]

Note that ($7000*60)=$420,000.00USD, further multiplication by 157.56(current naira-dollar exchange rate) gives a whooping [size=20pt]N66,175,200million naira[/size] (Isn't this figure enough to set up a Nation-class University in Imo state) ??
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by EkoIle1: 8:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
Torch1:

when he start building new schools, you will still come to say "let him renovate the old Schools first" Rochas has only stayed 5months in office, don't be in a haste to judge him. He promised to build 305 schools in Imo state, http://imostate.blog.com/2011/10/20/governor-okorocha-to-build-305-schools-in-imo-state/

I said the man is yet to build a single classroom and you're here bothering me with some silly and deceptive website talk. I read that crap last week and it's just another vague rubbish to put on the website to con people.

Get back at me the minute he starts commissioning new class rooms.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by desertboom(m): 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2011
@boneruns. . . The process was genuine and transparent, there was no nepotism or any form of favoritism during the selection process. I am a student of the state university, most of the beneficiaries are my course mates and they're doing very well academically. I am not a native of Imo State, the program may not be the best for now but I believe the Governor is trying to encourage hardwork, academic performance and most of all investing in humans by making the poor meaningful in the society. I'm trying to let boneruns and many others know that the process was clean, despite it being capital intensive for the state at this moment.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Kobojunkie: 8:20pm On Oct 31, 2011
desertboom:

@boneruns. . . The process was genuine and transparent, there was no nepotism or any form of favoritism during the selection process. I am a student of the state university, most of the beneficiaries are my course mates and they're doing very well academically. I am not a native of Imo State, the program may not be the best for now but I believe the Governor is trying to encourage hardwork, academic performance and most of all investing in humans by making the poor meaningful in the society. I'm trying to let boneruns and many others know that the process was clean, despite it being capital intensive for the state at this moment.

So, are you able to provide us with some evidence of this or are we simply to take your word on this? I find it interesting that you would come out to make the claims above. I am now even more interested in understanding the selection process. Care to provide us with some real evidence of the claims you have made on this so far?
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by micawber(m): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2011
desertboom:

Interesting, Am actually writing from Works Layout, very close to the school gate. A lot of IMSU starts are also here in my lodge, dost drop down the name of your department here and your level if you don't mind. I will be there first thing in the morning to prove you right, or wrong. I wonder why your names was not among the selected students.

I would rather spend 2 years searching for a genuine oversea scholarship than wait for Okrocha's unrealizable promises!
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by boneruns(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2011
I don't believe much in Rochas. His administration has been marred by nepotism of the highest order.

I became skeptical when he was quick to dissolve 10,000 genuine jobs for Imolites without thorough investigation of his false claim of ''ghost workers''.

So many peeps, including my elder sister, resigned from their previous jobs to accepting to work for their state were disengaged, after they passed the test and series of interviews.

This administration has been ruined my nepotism and greedy officials who sees this opportunity to favour themselves.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Akiika: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2011
It is ill advised! doesn't make any sense to me. 60 out of millions of students, what effect will that have?, how about subsidizing school fees of much more students. Besides, is the state that rich?, shouldn't primary education be the focus?, at least those bunch of students have struggled to the university and are no longer illiterates. $7000 is on the high side, you can rent a decent apartment for between $500 to $1000/month in any part of US. I'll say another $500/month for sundry bills. Food is the cheapest in US, so i'll go to the upper limit $250/month for food. Transportation, maybe another $250/per month. In all between $2500 to $3000 per month for each student to sustain themselves. I am also sure no company in US will hire an intern without payment, it is against US law which they follow, so WTF.
The other concern is, the list will be filled up with children/families of political associates and party members, pregnant mistressess of politician. I'll also like to know how much of those students will willingly come back after the program, they'll all make themselves missing.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Okijajuju1(m): 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2011
Okorocha!!

Imo State!!

The fun never ceases
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by PointB: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2011
alj_harem:

Some of the comments here are absolutilly amazing. Well as they say, you get the leader you deserve. I mean see how Nigerians are thinking, THIS IS WHY NIGERIA HAS NOT MOVE UP SINCE THE WESTERN LEADER DIE.

On students by sending them abroad  ?? when the state's uni is not up to scratch  

thank you

Is Imo state university in part of his jurisdiction ?  What of the other students in Imo What of those studing the same course as the students he sent abroad, should they not be give the same equal opportunity ?

WTF  What are you talking about

so those in Nigeria should not be empowered with knowledge abi. What of those in Imo state uni

Can you imagine angry

so what makes you think those selected few would do it right ? Think before you post

You give people equal opportunities then the best or the most intelligent would emerge as the leader not just the unintelligent lucky one. STOP POSTING STU.PID COMMENTS sad sad sad

he did noT INVEST IN THE YOUTHS OF IMO STATE BUT INVESTED 60 PEOPLE who he hand picked

You are speaking like a typical Nigerian Leader and that is why we are still in the quagmire in Nigeria.

Investing in the Youth of Imo is Making Imo state uni the best Uni in Nigeria not just sending 60 out of millions of Imo youths to USA. I mean come on

Who is this Ideeiot I think Roacha should invest his resources on SE Youths because majority of them there IQ is why below average with what I am seeing.

Of course it is you that saw tribalism in this, Why no think before posting. MUMU undecided

Of course Amosun needs to look to this but we are talking of Imo here more over Ndu chuks and I are NOT YORUBAS so you 2 should stop this your fixation on Tribalism and focus on the topic.

How  

60 Youths = Whole Imo Youths

Did we not frown to this, Moreover amnesty is different from hand picking youths

I think you should just shut your trap, because you know next to nothing about education and human development. Rochas has decided to take education to the next level with the Student Exchange Programme. Every right thinking individual will encourage their leaders to pay more attention, not just to the quantity but also the quality of education.

This a state governor who declared:

“A mind is a great thing to waste”. Indeed, a child’s right to education cannot be denied irrespective of background. Education is the greatest gift any responsible government can give to the society.
http://imostate.blog.com/2011/09/27/refresher-manifesto-of-his-excellency-governor-rochas-okorocha/

He has taken the right step in pursuing his agenda, while others are still to understand what they signed up for.  I also think that, this is what governors in the Northern part of the country should emulate. But then, taking the donkey to the stream is far different from getting it to drink water.

Btw Ahj Harem, your attempt to tarnish Rochas because of your preference for Sanusi Lamido in 2015 is well documented, so don't come here pretending as if you are an unbiased observer. Your sly and cun is very well noted.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by chrysso83(m): 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2011
Its usual of people to be critical of issues they dont stand any chance of benefiting from. Mr Op tell me if u or any of ur siblings stand a chance to be beneficiaries in this would u come here whining? You would hail the governor as the peoples messiah. Is there anything wrong in human development? I can remember Rochas promised human development in his campaign. He also promised to make 1000 billionaires in Imo state in his tenure. I know we will also complain when he starts that too.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by chrysso83(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2011
Its usual of people to be critical of issues they dont stand any chance of benefiting from. Mr Op tell me if u or any of ur siblings stand a chance to be beneficiaries in this would u come here whining? You would hail the governor as the peoples messiah. Is there anything wrong in human development? I can remember Rochas promised human development in his campaign. He also promised to make 1000 billionaires in Imo state in his tenure. I know we will also complain when he starts that too.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by ezer(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2011
@poster, u r quite biased, ok are these youths better of on the streets??
Pls let the governor help in the little way he can jor!
People sef na wa!, back in school then we call people like @poster "acava" or "ajayi" meaning "sabi sabi".
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by desertboom(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Kobojunkie. . . What evidence do you want? I am not a native of Imo State, so I stand to gain nothing. Students with CGPA of over 3.0 - 4.99 were selected with recommendation from the lecturers, HOD and DEAN OF FACULTY. Most of them are my course mate and I can authoritatively tell you that their academic performance are very encouraging. However, if you're not satisfied with my assertions above you can take a trip down to the University to see further prove. I can take you to my HOD and most of the beneficiaries to prove my point. @micawber. . . Please, can I understand your point of view? Are you implying that I'm telling lies? Can you explain more?
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Kobojunkie: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2011
desertboom:

@Kobojunkie. . . What evidence do you want? I am not a native of Imo State, so I stand to gain nothing. Students with CGPA of over 3.0 - 4.99 were selected with recommendation from the lecturers, HOD and DEAN OF FACULTY. Most of them are my course mate and I can authoritatively tell you that their academic performance are very encouraging.  However, if you're not satisfied with my assertions above you can take a trip down to the University to see further prove. I can take you to my HOD and most of the beneficiaries to prove my point. @micawber. . . Please, can I understand your point of view? Are you implying that I'm telling lies? Can you explain more?

I myself am not in Imo state as I speak, and neither do I know who you are or if you are who you claim. All I see here is someone logged onto this forum here making some really firm claims of this -- There is absolutely no way for me to confirm that you even know what you claim or are who you claim to be. And I am simply hoping this person(she/he) can present us here with equally solid evidence of his claim to help convince us of the claims made so far. Any person fit log on internet make claims these days . . . hence the reason why requesting backing is prudent even in this.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by desertboom(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2011
@Kobojunkie. . . What evidence do you want? I am not a native of Imo State, so I stand to gain nothing. Students with CGPA of over 3.0 - 4.99 were selected with recommendation from the lecturers, HOD and DEAN OF FACULTY. Most of them are my course mate and I can authoritatively tell you that their academic performance are very encouraging. However, if you're not satisfied with my assertions above you can take a trip down to the University to see further prove. I can take you to my HOD and most of the beneficiaries to prove my point. @micawber. . . Please, can I understand your point of view? Are you implying that I'm telling lies? Can you explain more?
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by PointB: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
Kobojunkie:

I myself am not in Imo state as I speak, and neither do I know who you are or if you are who you claim. All I see here is someone logged onto this forum here making some really firm claims of this -- There is absolutely no way for me to confirm that you even know what you claim or are who you claim to be. And I am simply hoping this person(she/he) can present us here with equally solid evidence of his claim to help convince us of the claims made so far. Any person fit log on internet make claims these days . . . hence the reason why requesting backing is prudent even in this.

The burden of prove is on the pessimist. Take his word for it or get your fat butt moving towards the evidence you seek. Either way, it's your call!
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Kobojunkie: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2011
I see you doublePosted @Desertboom. Here is my retort again . . .

desertboom:

@Kobojunkie. . . What evidence do you want? I am not a native of Imo State, so I stand to gain nothing. Students with CGPA of over 3.0 - 4.99 were selected with recommendation from the lecturers, HOD and DEAN OF FACULTY. Most of them are my course mate and I can authoritatively tell you that their academic performance are very encouraging.  However, if you're not satisfied with my assertions above you can take a trip down to the University to see further prove. I can take you to my HOD and most of the beneficiaries to prove my point. @micawber. . . Please, can I understand your point of view? Are you implying that I'm telling lies? Can you explain more?

I myself am not in Imo state as I speak, and neither do I know who you are or if you are who you claim. All I see here is someone logged onto this forum here making some really firm claims of this -- There is absolutely no way for me to confirm that you even know what you claim or are who you claim to be.  And I am simply hoping this person(she/he) can present us here with equally solid evidence of his claim to help convince us of the claims made so far. Any person fit log on internet make claims these days . . . hence the reason why requesting backing is prudent even in this.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by aljharem3: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2011
PointB:

I think you should just shut your trap, because you know next to nothing about education and human development. Rochas has decided to take education to the next level with the Student Exchange Programme.

LOOL grin grin grin grin See me see wahala grin grin grin Amu gi ezeuche. Use ur brain for once and switch off ur igbotic tribalistic tendency JUST FOR ONCE AND THINK. How has this taken education in Imo state to the next level ? . Please nwanne Uchenna answer or forever hold ur peace

PointB:

. Every right thinking individual will encourage their leaders to pay more attention, not just to the quantity but also the quality of education.

So every right thinking man would encourage his/her leader to send 60 Youths to USA for an eductional programme . Are you thinking at all sad sad sad sad sad sad pathetic

PointB:

This a state governor who declared:
http://imostate.blog.com/2011/09/27/refresher-manifesto-of-his-excellency-governor-rochas-okorocha/

He has taken the right step in pursuing his agenda, while others are still to understand what they signed up for.  I also think that, this is what governors in the Northern part of the country should emulate. But then, taking the donkey to the stream is far different from getting it to drink water.

Btw Ahj Harem, your attempt to tarnish Rochas because of your preference for Sanusi Lamido in 2015 is well documented, so don't come here pretending as if you are an unbiased observer. Your sly and cun is very well noted.

I have ALWAYS SUPPORTED ROCHAS GOVERNMENT so don't give me that crap of me doing any north agenda. Rochas so far is doing average just like his predecessor that the 2 sides of Niger and benue Lamido and fashola.

2015 is not the case right now. This has not tarnished Rochas Image in anyway Unlike fashola that is increase school fee by 1000%. or more.

This is just a clear NON-BIASSED discussion/thread
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by PointB: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2011
desertboom:

@Kobojunkie. . . What evidence do you want? I am not a native of Imo State, so I stand to gain nothing. Stu[b]dents with CGPA of over 3.0 - 4.99 were selected with recommendation from the lecturers, HOD and DEAN OF FACULTY. Most of them are my course mate and I can authoritatively tell you that their academic performance are very encouraging.[/b]  However, if you're not satisfied with my assertions above you can take a trip down to the University to see further prove. I can take you to my HOD and most of the beneficiaries to prove my point. @micawber. . . Please, can I understand your point of view? Are you implying that I'm telling lies? Can you explain more?

Obviously the best criteria to use for this sort program. Encouraging above student with better educational exposure is one of the best ways to stimulate and encourage other students. It's a  simply way of saying: 'hard work pays!
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by micawber(m): 9:19pm On Oct 31, 2011
desertboom:

@Kobojunkie. . . What evidence do you want? I am not a native of Imo State, so I stand to gain nothing. Students with CGPA of over 3.0 - 4.99 were selected with recommendation from the lecturers, HOD and DEAN OF FACULTY. Most of them are my course mate and I can authoritatively tell you that their academic performance are very encouraging.  However, if you're not satisfied with my assertions above you can take a trip down to the University to see further prove. I can take you to my HOD and most of the beneficiaries to prove my point. @micawber. . . Please, can I understand your point of view? Are you implying that I'm telling lies? Can you explain more?
It is too, i mean very early enough for Rochas to start with online thugs. We know about this in the recent history of IMO politics. Referring to me makes your defence for Rochas more open to criticism. The person you address (Myself) is a true son of the land, and cannot be deceived even when others accept to be deceived. The same Governor that was at Imsu on Friday last week to initiate internal fund generation strategy from IMSU sponsored 60 students with over N66m to US. Who are you people cunnnig?

Rochas said Education will be free to tertiary level,
>Yet He diverted all good secondary schools to Mission.
>IMSU acceptance fees is still N50,000.
>School fees was not reduced both in IMSU and IMOPY.
>Banks were shut-down for one full week in IMO.
>Nekede/FUTO road remain impassable.
>YOuths loiter in search of jobs.

I made a request from you. I am here in Works layout, Tell me the schools, and departments. You said your "coursemates" were among? Just tel;l me their department. Do you know how many people between CPGA of 3.0-4.+ in FUTO, and IMSU? In FUTO alone you could get as much as 500 with 4.0+

Stop e-thuggery, we know you guys!
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by aljharem3: 9:22pm On Oct 31, 2011
micawber:

It is too, i mean very early enough for Rochas to start with online thugs. We know about this in the recent history of IMO politics. Referring to me makes your defence for Rochas more open to criticism. The person you address (Myself) is a true son of the land, and cannot be deceived even when others accept to be deceived. The same Governor that was at Imsu on Friday last week to initiate internal fund generation strategy from IMSU sponsored 60 students with over N66m to US. Who are you people cunnnig?

Rochas said Education will be free to tertiary level,
>Yet He diverted all good secondary schools to Mission.
>IMSU acceptance fees is still N50,000.
>School fees was not reduced both in IMSU and IMOPY.
>Banks were shut-down for one full week in IMO.
>Nekede/FUTO road remain impassable.
>YOuths loiter in search of jobs.

I made a request from you. I am here in Works layout, Tell me the schools, and departments. You said your "coursemates" were among? Just tel;l me their department. Do you know how many people between CPGA of 3.0-4.+ in FUTO, and IMSU? In FUTO alone you could get as much as 500 with 4.0+

Stop e-thuggery, we know you guys!

thank u jare. daalu nwanne

tell this people o

they lie too much
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Otseh: 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2011
No matter what one does, people will complain. Other governors shld learn from okorocha.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by PointB: 9:32pm On Oct 31, 2011
alj_harem:

LOOL grin grin grin grin See me see wahala grin grin grin Amu gi ezeuche. Use your brain for once and switch off your igbotic tribalistic tendency JUST FOR ONCE AND THINK. How has this taken education in Imo state to the next level ? . Please nwanne Uchenna answer or forever hold your peace

The problem I have with you is that, either your gray matter is too small, or it is wrongly wired.

Do you know what an Exchange program is? Perhaps you should find out. When you do, you will understand why it is a whole new level for Imo State, if not Nigeria.

So every right thinking man would encourage his/her leader to send 60 Youths to USA for an eductional programme . Are you thinking at all sad sad sad sad sad sad pathetic

Every right thinking individual will encourage their leaders to pay more attention, not just to the quantity but also the quality of education. If the Exchange program is the acme of quality education, then so be it. In anycase, your pea sized brain is already wired to think that quality education and exchange program begins and end in the US.

I have ALWAYS SUPPORTED ROCHAS GOVERNMENT so don't give me that crap of me doing any north agenda. Rochas so far is doing average just like his predecessor that the 2 sides of Niger and benue Lamido and fashola.
[/quote]

You are double sided hypocrite of order one. Those who don't know you will easily be decieve by your deceptive mien. But people like me who see through your veil into the darkness in your heart know better. We are not deceived.

[quote]2015 is not the case right now. This has not tarnished Rochas Image in anyway Unlike fashola that is increase school fee by 1000%. or more.
Lol, 2015 has not begun indeed. Tell that to the marines!

This is just a clear NON-BIASSED discussion/thread]This is just a clear NON-BIASSED discussion/thread

Another of your smoke and mirror?

Btw: If you had a man-loving affair with EzeUche, I think you should go and look for him. Right now, you are barking up the wrong tree. I don't do men, let alone a half-witted, identity crises riddled almajiri. Piss off!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Social Media: Nobody Can Gag Nigerians- Dele Momodu / Godwin Ezeemo Arrests His Nkwoka Stanley Atinga For Decamping To APGA / Senate, FEC: Ex-Governors Call The Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.