Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,791 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US (11414 Views)

EFCC Arrests Gov. Okorocha’s Aides For Pocketing N2 Billion Bailout Funds / Picture Of Gov Okorocha Demanding The Release Of Voters Held Illegally / Gov Okorocha Vs Fashola In Ear-wrestling (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Afam4eva(m): 5:49pm On Nov 01, 2011
I can't believe this thread is still trending. Tribalism will not allow some people see that this is a good initiative. At least it's better than using the money for personal benefit. let's learn to support what is good and stop criticizing just for the heck of it.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by aljharem3: 5:51pm On Nov 01, 2011
afam4eva:

I can't believe this thread is still trending. Tribalism will not allow some people see that this is a good initiative. At least it's better than using the money for personal benefit. let's learn to support what is good and stop criticizing just for the heck of it.

I don't see any hint of tribalism on this thread. Maybe you can point it out to us

Konnektions146:

a typical nigerian complains about almost everythin even ourselves, so i am not suprised at all these posts

Bros stop this nonsense

If something is not done right or could have been done better, should we not complain

why send people abroad when the State uni is can be improve to world standards
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by chamber2(m): 5:55pm On Nov 01, 2011
@Okija_juju

A fair analysis if you ask me.

However, even as laudable as your ideas appear to be you also failed to consider the cost implication of such initiatives. Remember, university education is not the only concern of the govt. The pry schools, sec, technical and myriads of other issues which demand financial attention confront the govt. How your recommendations will be funded remains another issue of concern.

Also, standardising the educational system of the state is only but a process-a process which requires continous investments and policy review. The process has just begun and if sustained will bring about the desired results. All what we are saying here are based on speculations, nobody knows for sure the govt's next line of action.

Even though i may agree that the benefits of sending 60 students abroad will be limited and to the beneficiaries.One shouldn't also lose sight of the multiplier effects of such policy move.If not for the huge corruption in the system what is the big deal sending 60 students abroad for exchange program? Even kids in private nursery and primary schools do that these days.

I must add that our ultimate concern is to see things improve in our individual states and country in general, nobody is here to make enemies. It is most likely that we disagree in most issues, especially those involving sentiments and emotions. This argument has only made us see things differently.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by lagcity(m): 6:25pm On Nov 01, 2011
60 students to study abroad for 6 months then come back to perform magic. great idea, NOT! Even students who've studied for 5 years to get PhD in Ivy League can't change shit in a rotten educational system. Rochas needs to focus on Imo state university so that his initiatives touch more ppl than 60. He has good intentions but he's hitting the wrong notes.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Konnektions146(m): 6:53pm On Nov 01, 2011
alj_harem:

Bros stop this nonsense

If something is not done right or could have been done better, should we not complain

why send people abroad when the State uni is can be improve to world standards

@Al Harem,

there re things yu know shouldnt be an issue, for God`s sake the man did wat he tot would be ideal for the indigenes of the state, i am not from imo state but one thing is sure, if your relatives is a beneficiary, would u see it as rubbish?

tell me one leader that had done anythin and we applaud him and commend him, NONE.
the other day i went tru PH and saw how neat and standardized public primary schools are like in Rivers state and i was impressed but people would still talk.

Nigeria is Nigeria and u should not expect magic/miracles in certain areas, its gradual, Yu dont even know if there re plans abt the schools,

i am not a politician, i dont campaign for anybody just that i think sometimes we talk too much. some of us that talk, wen we get to such positions, we do worse.

mind yu, being a leader is not even easy at all.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by badesco(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2011
Okorocha is a man of the people and to me he is one of the best Governor in this current dispensation. Please leave this man alone to perform. Okorocha carry go
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by desertboom(m): 9:23pm On Nov 01, 2011
@Okija_juju. . . Wonderful analysis and great ideas you've got there. How I wish people in authority can asses this your information.
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by nairapark: 9:11am On Nov 02, 2011
Poster, you might not believe it but I tell you that it is a good move both for the individuals and the state at large.

You can ask the families of Awolowo and Zik for the effect of such a move.

smiley
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Okijajuju1(m): 9:27am On Nov 02, 2011
nairapark:

Poster, you might not believe it but I tell you that it is a good move both for the individuals and the state at large.

You can ask the families of Awolowo and Zik for the effect of such a move.

smiley

Biko!! Explain the benefits of how spending 63,000,000 (Sixty-three million Naira) on pocket money alone o!! this does not include airfare and other such logistics on 60 students in a state that is supposedly broke, whose local university is s'hit and whose IGR hasnt improved to the United states (not to go to school their and get a degree from a prestigous school o!! But to lounge for 6months) is a good move?

How did Awolowo and Zik go on exchange programs that changed their lives?
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by ezer(m): 6:14pm On Nov 02, 2011
iykak47:
@ Alj harem,  you attack me for no reason.     But  have you forgotten we are talking about education  here not bombing or babia allah, pls check the topic, you miss road. Wetin concern aboki and tooth brush. Remember sunglass is useless to a blind man. Nonsense

Hahaha!!, very funny indeed!
Re: Gov Okorocha Sponsors 60 Imo Students To The US by Kobojunkie: 1:25am On Nov 04, 2011
afam4eva:

GROW Up!! Opposition to an idea is NOT same as TRIBALISM. Oh, don't forget to remove that boulder in your eye there!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Social Media: Nobody Can Gag Nigerians- Dele Momodu / El-rufa’i Dashed People’s Hopes — Kaduna Elders / Senate, FEC: Ex-Governors Call The Shot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.