Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,824 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life (29524 Views)

What Is The Best Decision You Ever Made In Your Life. / THE 10k That Changed My Life (Picture) / Pamela Adie: "Coming Out As A Lesbian Is The Best Decision I Ever Made" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by vannessa7(f): 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
JaskanFactor:
after 20 years in industry in the western world, the combined influence of very toxic behaviour in office places and racism made me take the daring step to become self employed , its was as scary move with years of slow progress, but i thank God things getting better.

SO that now when i look back, i compare the idea of planning to spend your adult life working closely with strangers you dont know , to the same as planning to eat all your future meals in dirty public toilet.

You have no idea how disgusting people can be, until you are trapped in a job.

One day when employees are able to put a high price on bad office practice, companies will clamp down hard on those who see their colleagues in work place as fresh meat. And this is already happening with all the new career options becoming available thanks to communication technology like internet etc.

All i ever learnt from 20 years in IT industry in Europe was how to hate people, so had to move on from that scam, cause it is a rip off to work in environment where uncontrolled mutual hatred is allowed to run rampant,which is 99.9% of companies. The bigger the company the worse it is.

I say if kids really knew what their parents have to put up with at work they would cry in shame.

It is a form of ritual, by that i mean the spirit of toxic competition ensures that demonic possession spreads throughout the public.

If body and soul snatching aliens ran the world, i would summise that schools prepare the youths for their souls to be snatched when they start to learn how to hate people at work. Thats why people who have worked in those evil offices for years are never the same again, and thats why good men cant hold down a job, cause the environment is just too toxic.

Work from home improves the situation, but not enough, i prefer self employed the whole way!!!!!

Until the work place is no longer the dumping ground for bullshit behaviour , the whole idea is a rip off, cause you can do better alone if positve energy soul thiefs dont have free reign to operate around you.

They never teach the kids in school that the work place , the glass office is only really meant for all the wicked pupils in school, join them at your own peril.

😭😭😭The story of my life, I nearly died in the hand of satanic work colleague who went diabolical on me, the competition is cut throat, everyone out to destroy another while smiling through it all, I had to run for my life and vowed never to work with strangers again, no more job employment, the devil lives in the corporate world, the love of money is the root of all evil being practicalised, no child of mine will work for anyone, they destroyed my life, and I'm still recovering, last I heard karma is locating them one by one. 😭😭😭😭

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Kenochi(m): 5:24pm On Dec 17, 2023
The best decision I made in my life was to know and accept Jesus as my Lord and personal saviour
Second was to walk away from my job and it's perks to start my own business
We are still on that journey but sometimes the certainty we are used to,is nothing but slavery

Kindly visit my signature for properties around Ibeju Lekki Industrial Hub,good properties with sure tiltles
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by blessedchild234(m): 5:28pm On Dec 17, 2023
Abid2020:

Are you trying to say he is lying or what I have like four friends who started trading within half a year they are millionaires, one is close to being a billionaire but that one has been trading for like 6 years before we leave secondary
trading in what?
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by tiamiyukunle69(m): 5:29pm On Dec 17, 2023
Getting married to my wife when I did even though marriage is very demanding and selfless institution.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by osigiepurr(m): 5:36pm On Dec 17, 2023
Coming to America!

2 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Love800(m): 5:39pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ok.
Tankz.
Graceful101:

My dear, i will be lying to you if i claim that i can help you now. I am just started getting clients recently. Will i give them your contact when i do not have many of them yet?
I will advice you keep on working hard and meeting people. Do not worry, with hardwork and perseverance we will all get to the top. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by ariesbull: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
wunmi590:

I was sent 3 employment letter from three different organisations for the role of Manager, I mistakenly chose the worst, then after 3 month I was relieved of my job..

I came to nairaland to seek advice on how to claim my other 2 rejected offer letter, and I was advised accordingly, today I'm in one of the job as the manager and doing very well..

I'm not only working smart and hard, I'm loved by my boss with a better salary, annual leave package, 13th month salary and other bonuses..

2years plus and I'm still on the job...

Nairalanders are very intelligent when it comes to dishing out advice...

You can go through the thread on my profile
have exit plan

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by joseph1832(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
musicwriter:

Yes, it's a good idea passing on one's legacy through children. But it's not actually the best way to do it, let alone that the children would be born into slavery too.

The best way to pass one's legacy is through books, movies, music...... things of that nature. It would have more impact.
Hmm. You remind me of what I heard in a video game, yep, a video game. Metal Gear Solid: "Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt... anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing".

I felt this way for a very long time, this is why I never bothered to get married, until I got to know about my lineage, then I have a change of heart. I can comfortably say "I want to get married and raise kids". πŸ‘Œ

I feel one day, you'll have a change of heart.

3 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by inventor432(m): 5:45pm On Dec 17, 2023
How do they do it,Expanciate bro
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by millionboi2: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2023
Workch:
yes but not free.
If I teach you free, you will runaway when it starts getting overwhelmed but when you know that you money is involved, it will motivate you
which state are you and how much will you teach me
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by kkins25(m): 6:10pm On Dec 17, 2023
I saw a job posting (freelance) on Linkedin. I filled the position, I was asked to take a test. At first, i thought it was some AI doing all the talk. Mind you, I had lost my Job around this time too.

I did not reply to the messages sent to be me by HR.

Anyway, the test was to write the first few chapters of a book on investments. I didn't want to take it, I thought it was a waste of my precious time. But, I was bored and thought "Let me just take the challenge." I hadn't written a book before too..

So, I did write an outline for a 30k-word book. My very first outline...I was then asked to write 5k out of the 30k word. I was still skeptical at this point. I still didn't reply to HR. I was just reading the messages, and doing as told. "I'm just whiling away time." Or so I thought.

I wrote the 5k word on the day of submission. I submitted it about a few minutes to submission deadline. I have never written that much in a day before. grin grin grin But, I was just challenged too.

I submitted it, and to my surprise, an Editor was assigned to inspect my work. oooops, so it's not automated chatbots. "With all the silly work I did?" or so i thought.

After about 3 days of edits, I was invited to join the freelance community, as a "Top tier" writer.. Couldn't believe my eyes when i realized I had a higher rank than some folks from US and Canada. To top it off, after about a week, I got another invite to a "special niche" group of freelancers who tackle books on business and technology.

I messaged HR telling them that I hadn't taken a test to be promoted to this "special niche." They replied, "Your test sample was very good, so you automatically qualify for this section..."
shoooooo..... test sample wey i just do anyhow?? Somebody going to church now will say na god handwork. undecided

Even till this day, I look at my writing, and think, I'm not good enough. it appears my eyes see the world through different lenses.

11 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by oluwafikayo32c: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
Becoming Stingy and give Seldomly.πŸ™‚πŸ™‚Anyone that Tries to Please Everyone will NOT grow in life. 😌😌Becoming Stingy and give Seldomly.πŸ™‚πŸ™‚Anyone that Tries to Please Everyone will NOT grow in life. 😌😌...

3 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Workch: 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2023
millionboi2:
which state are you and how much will you teach me
Lagos, if you are interested you can drop your number I will chat you up
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by BunmiBie: 6:31pm On Dec 17, 2023
ItisWell22:

This is really inspiring! 🀝

For me, it’s quitting my job as a registered nurse to study medicine.
Quite stressful and sometimes distressing, but the knowledge gained! πŸ₯Ί
The paradigm shift! ✌️
My view of life and better understanding of myself! πŸ™
Being in school with umu Gen Z! 😁
It’s all beautiful.

I’m really grateful to have taken and followed through, the decision of career path change. 😊

This life sha...lol
I am now studying nursing at 32.

4 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Akano5(m): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Obakoolex:

Stop being a decent begger in 2024, my little advice.

He ask for your help, you bash him, you don't need to be so Judgemental, many people needs help genuinely, though there are scammers but some really need it!! but, you guys decide to label everyone scammers, (we shouldn't throw the baby with the bath water nah) -- according to you he is a scammer, remember this world evolve in seasons, help if you wanna help, don't throw that person into further depression with your utterances...

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by VULCAN(m): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Hahahahaa.

You wrote a book and so?

99% of authors never make any money or impact with their book.

I was waiting to hear- it was a bestseller or it has led to massive opportunities home and abroad.

Also you stopped believing in Jesus

And whatever you believe in now has done what exactly for you?

Neither of the things you mentioned came with tangible benefits

Basically, you wasted our time reading your piece

musicwriter:
I stopped watching TV in 2017.
My best decision ever.

I woke up one morning and decided that I'll never watch TV again in my life. I reasoned that it was a complete waste of time, so I removed my TV from the wall, called someone and asked him to pay anything he has and take it.

Within 3 weeks, I realized I had so much time to think, which is something I prefer to do.

Within a month I started writing a book.

I enrolled in an online university and studied hard. Within that period I thought deeply about Christianity and religions, I researched the history of Christianity and I stopped believing in Jesus.

That's when I became free indeed and my third eyes opened.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Galaxyroyp(m): 6:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Bro, how did you use LinkedIn to get the freelance writing? I'm also a writer, a pro if l'm allowed to toot my own horn. Thanks.

kkins25:
I saw a job posting (freelance) on Linkedin. I filled the position, I was asked to take a test. At first, i thought it was some AI doing all the talk. Mind you, I had lost my Job around this time too.

I did not reply to the messages sent to be me by HR.

Anyway, the test was to write the first few chapters of a book on investments. I didn't want to take it, I thought it was a waste of my precious time. But, I was bored and thought "Let me just take the challenge." I hadn't written a book before too..

So, I did write an outline for a 30k-word book. My very first outline...I was then asked to write 5k out of the 30k word. I was still skeptical at this point. I still didn't reply to HR. I was just reading the messages, and doing as told. "I'm just whiling away time." Or so I thought.

I wrote the 5k word on the day of submission. I submitted it about a few minutes to submission deadline. I have never written that much in a day before. grin grin grin But, I was just challenged too.

I submitted it, and to my surprise, an Editor was assigned to inspect my work. oooops, so it's not automated chatbots. "With all the silly work I did?" or so i thought.

After about 3 days of edits, I was invited to join the freelance community, as a "Top tier" writer.. Couldn't believe my eyes when i realized I had a higher rank than some folks from US and Canada. To top it off, after about a week, I got another invite to a "special niche" group of freelancers who tackle books on business and technology.

I messaged HR telling them that I hadn't taken a test to be promoted to this "special niche." They replied, "Your test sample was very good, so you automatically qualify for this section..."
shoooooo..... test sample wey i just do anyhow?? Somebody going to church now will say na god handwork. undecided

Even till this day, I look at my writing, and think, I'm not good enough. it appears my eyes see the world through different lenses.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by theamazonguru(m): 6:41pm On Dec 17, 2023
marvellous2222:
great testimony....I thank God for you pls friend let it reach my side.. anything is appreciated
Eight zero 2 0 8 2 82 two three
Opay
God bless

Is God not wonderful?
So because he said he is a millionaire now means he should be dashing people money just like that.
Bros, pick up the challenge. Make your own millions too legally.

This sky is enough for millions birds to fly without any conflict.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Gentlesoul2021(m): 6:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
coleon:

I stopped rolling with fake friends, backstabbers and hypocrites masquerading as real niggers.
Ota bi ore, ore bi it's koloun gbe won jina Siwa.

Yeah bro. Giving them 500yards distance...
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Qc1(m): 6:51pm On Dec 17, 2023
emmyN:

Was that a good decision for you?

Oh...yeah!

I now have my own business in Lagos which I actually run with my wife so that we can make up for the lost time, 3 decades to be exact.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Qc1(m): 6:52pm On Dec 17, 2023
emperor4love:
bro y liv such work bro plus which job is that

When you get to a level in life... nothing else worth more than your family.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by VULCAN(m): 7:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
Weak logic.

So to you there are only 2 sets of women out there.

1. Broke girls

2. Successful women who used runs to climb the ladder.

Is that as far as your eyes can see?

So all the hard working decent career women and decent female business owners are invisible to you?

hkidola00:
so a lady dat has a supermarket from the proceeds of runs or hookup is okay for you as long as she got something going....see i use to think like you but seeing things around, i become a bit drawn back when i see an independent lady, because you dont wanna have a wife an alhaji will be calling in the middle of the night, i prefer to roll with a broke girl than one which got established from doing runs

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Obakoolex(m): 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2023
Akano5:

He ask for your help, you bash him, you don't need to be so Judgemental, many people needs help genuinely, though there are scammers but some really need it!! but, you guys decide to label everyone scammers, (we shouldn't throw the baby with the bath water nah) -- according to you he is a scammer, remember this world evolve in seasons, help if you wanna help, don't throw that person into further depression with your utterances...
Trying so hard to sound intelligent but kindly read what I told him again and point out where I called him a scammer.
I told him not to be a begger in 2024 and if you think that's not a good thing to say to someone that's your problem. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by hkidola00(m): 7:15pm On Dec 17, 2023
VULCAN:
Weak logic.

So to you there are only 2 sets of women out there.

1. Broke girls

2. Successful women who used runs to climb the ladder.

Is that as far as your eyes can see?

So all the hard working decent career women and decent female business owners are invisible to you?

I didn't make a generalization here,but look deeper this your so called career women are still sucking side diccxx at night,I've seen things,career women by afternoon,red light by night..like I said,whether your a career woman I still take my time to study you,I don't jump on you just cos you got something going for yourself...I hate "community properties"...if your a broke girl,I still fit roll with you than a filthy career woman

2 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Drone95(m): 7:30pm On Dec 17, 2023
lampido22:
iyienu school of nursing ogidi anambra
pls how is the entrance exam like including the interview, . How much is the form fee, how about tuition? Does the school accept waec written in 2013? Thanks
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by theamazonguru(m): 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
I no say you be chronic gambler, anyways play Liverpool to win stake am your life savings.

perhaps, you just might become rich overnight to quit gambling

Betting go ruin anyone addicted to it if care is not taken.
If he had taken to your advise he would have lost that fortune and be in debt now.

Shey you see wetin Liverpool play.
Dey play.

2 Likes

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by lampido22: 7:47pm On Dec 17, 2023
Drone95:
pls how is the entrance exam like including the interview, . How much is the form fee, how about tuition? Does the school accept waec written in 2013? Thanks
send ur phone number
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by theamazonguru(m): 8:03pm On Dec 17, 2023
Evolutionism:

Just 50 Cars only? Mtcheeew you still inside Poverty.

As for me i can boast of over 1000+ of Brand New Cars today.

Shebi na competition una dey do.
Congratulations.
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Decembe(f): 8:04pm On Dec 17, 2023
I've made some decisions,but it didn't go well.I wish to get a mentor that can influence me.

1 Like

Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Akano5(m): 8:05pm On Dec 17, 2023
Obakoolex:

Trying so hard to sound intelligent but kindly read what I told him again and point out where I called him a scammer.
I told him not to be a begger in 2024 and if you think that's not a good thing to say to someone that's your problem. Thanks

Kindly read your comments "Don't be a begger in 2024". doesn't it sound insultive to your own ears....
Well, Good luck
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by emperor4love(m): 8:11pm On Dec 17, 2023
Qc1:

When you get to some a level in life... nothing else worth more than your family.
pls update on type of work with such salary if one should switch to the career
Re: Best Decision You Made That Changed Your Life by Drone95(m): 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2023
lampido22:
send ur phone number

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (16) (Reply)

The type of woman that truly Deserves A Faithful husband? / My Friend Is Being Sexually Harassed By Married Men At Her Work Place / My Experience At (ashawo Joint)igbague, Benin City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.